George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tparty
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:03 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tparty » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:08 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
OuttaTheBox wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
tparty wrote:
Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:Did any Waitlisted people get an email asking their intentions by Friday? Wondering how "select" the people being considered really is.


I got that e-mail. I was wondering if everyone on the list got it or only a handful... I also applied early-binding and sent like 3 LOCI's, visited, sent an addendum and another LOR. I really hope this is a good sign!!


Other people got a very different generic waitlist update email that didn't ask them to respond, so I think it's probably a good sign.


:o !!! I'm trying to keep my cool and not get my expectations high but man I hope this has a happy ending. Fingers crossed for us!


Same! It's a good sign and everything is looking good, but nothing is official until it's official. This could be a long weekend.



What do y'all think the odds of a solid scholly offer is off the waitlist?


Was just looking at LSN for last year. Last year on the 21st they let about 4 people in with $$!! About 15 total people self reported being admitted off the waitlist. Odds are looking really good, everyone!


Ahhhhhh. I looked back to threads from last cycle - someone said they got an offer the day after responding to the e-mail. It would be horrifically cruel if they e-mailed us about our continued interest then didn't accept us... praying praying praying

Charlie802
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Charlie802 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:12 pm

The 21st was a Thursday last year. :shock: I just can't even. I want this so bad. My productivity at work today: zero.

Dirtyolmuskrat
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:06 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dirtyolmuskrat » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:12 pm

Charlie802 wrote:The 21st was a Thursday last year. :shock: I just can't even. I want this so bad. My productivity at work today: zero.


I'm not expecting anything today (to the extent I'm expecting something) maybe sometime after the Friday deadline?

Charlie802
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Charlie802 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:The 21st was a Thursday last year. :shock: I just can't even. I want this so bad. My productivity at work today: zero.


I'm not expecting anything today (to the extent I'm expecting something) maybe sometime after the Friday deadline?


Yes, I agree. That makes the most sense. I'm just excited and impatient by nature! I won't be concerned about the silence until like Tuesday.

tparty
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:03 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tparty » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:34 am

Read the posts from the 2014-2015 GW waitlist thread and people got the same selective e-mail on a Monday and received an acceptance Wednesday. Pretty sure same 2-day turn around happened in the 2015-2016 cycle. This is giving me some hope for today lol

Charlie802
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Charlie802 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:55 am

tparty wrote:Read the posts from the 2014-2015 GW waitlist thread and people got the same selective e-mail on a Monday and received an acceptance Wednesday. Pretty sure same 2-day turn around happened in the 2015-2016 cycle. This is giving me some hope for today lol


Yay! Fingers crossed. I can't stop checking my email. Come on GW, let us give you our deposits already! :D

OuttaTheBox
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:37 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby OuttaTheBox » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:00 pm

Anybody heard anything?

tparty
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:03 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tparty » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:16 pm

OuttaTheBox wrote:Anybody heard anything?


Nope :|

Charlie802
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Charlie802 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:23 pm

tparty wrote:
OuttaTheBox wrote:Anybody heard anything?


Nope :|


Silence here too.

Dirtyolmuskrat
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:06 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dirtyolmuskrat » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:15 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
OuttaTheBox wrote:Anybody heard anything?


Nope :|


Silence here too.


Radio silence here as well

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:22 pm

I just withdrew with $$. Hope one of y'all get it!

Best of luck

Charlie802
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Charlie802 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:25 pm

Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
OuttaTheBox wrote:Anybody heard anything?


Nope :|


Silence here too.


Radio silence here as well


I find great hope in the fact that we are all getting radio silence!

tparty
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:03 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tparty » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:29 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
OuttaTheBox wrote:Anybody heard anything?


Nope :|


Silence here too.


Radio silence here as well


I find great hope in the fact that we are all getting radio silence!


Now we gotta wait all weeeekendddddd

tparty
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:03 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tparty » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:30 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:I just withdrew with $$. Hope one of y'all get it!

Best of luck


Thanks! Where are you heading?

Charlie802
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Charlie802 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:36 pm

tparty wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
OuttaTheBox wrote:Anybody heard anything?


Nope :|


Silence here too.


Radio silence here as well


I find great hope in the fact that we are all getting radio silence!


Now we gotta wait all weeeekendddddd


Wait, it's not 5 in dc yet!! LOL

tparty
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:03 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tparty » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:38 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
OuttaTheBox wrote:Anybody heard anything?


Nope :|


Silence here too.


Radio silence here as well


I find great hope in the fact that we are all getting radio silence!


Now we gotta wait all weeeekendddddd


Wait, it's not 5 in dc yet!! LOL


Yeah, I live here! 3:38 PM... clocks ticking :lol:

Charlie802
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Charlie802 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:53 pm

tparty wrote: Yeah, I live here! 3:38 PM... clocks ticking :lol:


Come on GW. If not today, can we just agree on Monday morning at the latest?

Edit: okay, fine Monday it is!

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:07 pm

tparty wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:I just withdrew with $$. Hope one of y'all get it!

Best of luck


Thanks! Where are you heading?


Cash me at Vanderbilt!

brownellewoods
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brownellewoods » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:57 pm

They sent me a fee waiver like an hr ago.... is it too late to apply in the game? Im just so bored from waiting for UF.

Charlie802
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Charlie802 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:17 pm

brownellewoods wrote:They sent me a fee waiver like an hr ago.... is it too late to apply in the game? Im just so bored from waiting for UF.


I think the deadline was March 1st? Is it for next cycle?

brownellewoods
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brownellewoods » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:26 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:They sent me a fee waiver like an hr ago.... is it too late to apply in the game? Im just so bored from waiting for UF.


I think the deadline was March 1st? Is it for next cycle?


"In the event that you have not yet finalized your law school plans, we write to let you know that our application remains available via www.lsac.org. As a courtesy, your application fee has been waived. We encourage you to apply by May 5 should you wish to be considered for any openings in our fall 2017 entering class." So I guess not. Keep in mind my stats are far from great, applying to GW this late would be just to test my luck.

Charlie802
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Charlie802 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:47 pm

brownellewoods wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:They sent me a fee waiver like an hr ago.... is it too late to apply in the game? Im just so bored from waiting for UF.


I think the deadline was March 1st? Is it for next cycle?


"In the event that you have not yet finalized your law school plans, we write to let you know that our application remains available via http://www.lsac.org. As a courtesy, your application fee has been waived. We encourage you to apply by May 5 should you wish to be considered for any openings in our fall 2017 entering class." So I guess not. Keep in mind my stats are far from great, applying to GW this late would be just to test my luck.


Interesting! Yeah, may be worth it if you have $30 burning a hole in your pocket??

brownellewoods
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brownellewoods » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:55 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:They sent me a fee waiver like an hr ago.... is it too late to apply in the game? Im just so bored from waiting for UF.


I think the deadline was March 1st? Is it for next cycle?


"In the event that you have not yet finalized your law school plans, we write to let you know that our application remains available via http://www.lsac.org. As a courtesy, your application fee has been waived. We encourage you to apply by May 5 should you wish to be considered for any openings in our fall 2017 entering class." So I guess not. Keep in mind my stats are far from great, applying to GW this late would be just to test my luck.


Interesting! Yeah, may be worth it if you have $30 burning a hole in your pocket??


lol no broke af. Given how slim my chances are, it would be like buying an expensive lottery ticket. oh well. goodluck to you! :)

Charlie802
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Charlie802 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:24 pm

brownellewoods wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:They sent me a fee waiver like an hr ago.... is it too late to apply in the game? Im just so bored from waiting for UF.


I think the deadline was March 1st? Is it for next cycle?


"In the event that you have not yet finalized your law school plans, we write to let you know that our application remains available via http://www.lsac.org. As a courtesy, your application fee has been waived. We encourage you to apply by May 5 should you wish to be considered for any openings in our fall 2017 entering class." So I guess not. Keep in mind my stats are far from great, applying to GW this late would be just to test my luck.


Interesting! Yeah, may be worth it if you have $30 burning a hole in your pocket??


lol no broke af. Given how slim my chances are, it would be like buying an expensive lottery ticket. oh well. goodluck to you! :)


Haha I think we all mainly fall into the broke af category. I was just looking at rent prices in DC, just looking at the prices I realized I am broke af. haha Thank good luck to you as well!

tparty
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:03 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tparty » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:51 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
tparty wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:I just withdrew with $$. Hope one of y'all get it!

Best of luck


Thanks! Where are you heading?


Cash me at Vanderbilt!


Congrats :D !




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chrysippusofsoli, ddevich, Google Adsense [Bot], lobsicle, TheKingLives, wannabegenius and 17 guests