George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
espstl

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby espstl » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:36 pm

Got decision rendered status this morning. Wondering how long for email. Super annoying that they don't just put the decision on the status checker

JGPGH

New
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:24 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby JGPGH » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:41 pm

jas230314 wrote:
JGPGH wrote:After they update your status checker to "decision made", does it usually take all three days for the email to come in?


I got my email like 2 hours later.


Ok awesome, checker just got changed to decision made today so hopefully I'll be hearing back soon. Thanks for the help!

User avatar
Stylnator

Silver
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Stylnator » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:51 pm

espstl wrote:Got decision rendered status this morning. Wondering how long for email. Super annoying that they don't just put the decision on the status checker


Same, I'm really nervous

JD_Kingfish

Bronze
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby JD_Kingfish » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:02 pm

Any negotiation success stories yet?

User avatar
Stylnator

Silver
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Stylnator » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:02 pm

Ding, good luck everyone else!

User avatar
blelwoods

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby blelwoods » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:23 pm

Waitlisted as of 11:17am, just happy it wasn't a ding! :D

User avatar
BarMan

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:41 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BarMan » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:25 pm

Waitlisted just now. I'm a reverse splitter, so not terribly surprising. Good luck to everyone!

DrSpaceman11

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby DrSpaceman11 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:46 pm

2.9/166 Accepted, no money in email.

User avatar
charles117

Bronze
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby charles117 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:49 pm

in w/100k, probably will be giving up my seat though for greener pastures
Last edited by charles117 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gizmo1024

Bronze
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:09 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby gizmo1024 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:49 pm

Accepted, but upset with scholly offer. 165/3.75/URM and I only received 30K. Hmmm. With COL in DC, GW is probably out of the running for me now.

:(

cam1992

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:40 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cam1992 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:56 pm

In with $$, but, due to family circumstances changing since I submitted, I will most likely be turning down. Fingers crossed someone here gets my spot!

LSAT: 165
GPA: 3.75 (Ivy undergrad)
Non-URM
2 years work experience on Hill and Campaigns.

espstl

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby espstl » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:07 pm

In w 161/3.72

YAY!! Can someone confirm that if no mention of money in this email, probably none to come?
Thanks

espstl

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby espstl » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:09 pm

And i dont mean to be rude but I feel my stats are low to be accepted here? can anyone shine a light on this

nycseeker

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:42 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby nycseeker » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:26 pm

deleted
Last edited by nycseeker on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BarMan

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:41 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BarMan » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:52 pm

espstl wrote:And i dont mean to be rude but I feel my stats are low to be accepted here? can anyone shine a light on this


Just based on those numbers, you're just over the median GPA and between 25-50 for LSAT. Definitely solid numbers for GW.

User avatar
Stylnator

Silver
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Stylnator » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:40 pm

espstl wrote:In w 161/3.72

YAY!! Can someone confirm that if no mention of money in this email, probably none to come?
Thanks


163, 3.71

Not sure what happened :/

RC_Cola

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:20 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RC_Cola » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:00 pm

Stylnator wrote:163, 3.71

Not sure what happened :/


don't sweat it too much. My LSAT was 2 points above their 75th and I still got WL'd. I think it's cause im west coast and i told them i applied to like 18 other schools.

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby goldenbear2020 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:39 pm

espstl wrote:In w 161/3.72

YAY!! Can someone confirm that if no mention of money in this email, probably none to come?
Thanks

Right, GW awards schollies with the acceptance email.

janereacher

New
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:12 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby janereacher » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:50 am

In w/ no money so I will be shortly turning them down.

Pinkpanda24

Bronze
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Pinkpanda24 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:59 pm

janereacher wrote:In w/ no money so I will be shortly turning them down.

Same. Hope this helps one of you on the WL!

JD_Kingfish

Bronze
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby JD_Kingfish » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:07 pm

nycseeker wrote:In with $75k. Was hoping for a little more $, but still so happy.

Has anyone negotiated successfully here?

Sent in the negotiation form but I haven't heard anything back yet. It's only been a week or two tho.

mrtux45

Bronze
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:08 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mrtux45 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:04 pm

JD_Kingfish wrote:
nycseeker wrote:In with $75k. Was hoping for a little more $, but still so happy.

Has anyone negotiated successfully here?

Sent in the negotiation form but I haven't heard anything back yet. It's only been a week or two tho.


Did you at least get a confirmation that they received your submission form? I got legit nothing so hoping that's the norm

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby goldenbear2020 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:46 pm

mrtux45 wrote:
JD_Kingfish wrote:
nycseeker wrote:In with $75k. Was hoping for a little more $, but still so happy.

Has anyone negotiated successfully here?

Sent in the negotiation form but I haven't heard anything back yet. It's only been a week or two tho.


Did you at least get a confirmation that they received your submission form? I got legit nothing so hoping that's the norm

Sent mine in a couple weeks ago, no confirmation.

JD_Kingfish

Bronze
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby JD_Kingfish » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:52 pm

goldenbear2020 wrote:
mrtux45 wrote:
JD_Kingfish wrote:
nycseeker wrote:In with $75k. Was hoping for a little more $, but still so happy.

Has anyone negotiated successfully here?

Sent in the negotiation form but I haven't heard anything back yet. It's only been a week or two tho.


Did you at least get a confirmation that they received your submission form? I got legit nothing so hoping that's the norm

Sent mine in a couple weeks ago, no confirmation.

+1 no confirmation for me

User avatar
tuesdayninja

Bronze
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tuesdayninja » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:06 pm

UR as of yesterday. Looks like 2 week turnaround for a decision?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests