George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
PDX4343

Silver
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby PDX4343 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:43 pm

bunney_j wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
bunney_j wrote:
Lawschool305 wrote:Would GW match a WUSTL full ride?


+1. Have Fordham, Vandy, WUSTL, BU & Cornell with some money. GWU offered me 1/3.


On the admitted students portal, where you submit the scholarship negotiation form, it says that GW doesn't offer any full rides for students who were not accepted under the binding Presidential Scholars program.


Damn thanks! GW is one of my top choices and I want to be in DC for personal reasons, but can't justify paying 100,000 more :(


No worries! Yeah I was pretty bummed to read that too.

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RParadela » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:44 pm

mrtux45 wrote:
RParadela wrote:
qtpie95 wrote:
RParadela wrote:Lol Wut. I got WLd with a 170 LSAT

lol same Lsat 171. in at 2 other top 20 schools... so


What's your GPA? Im kind of in shock right now


Maybe it's YP?


I'm not sure what else it could be unless they found something in my application that they absolutely hated. LSN has people with similar stats as I do going 37 for 37 at GW

mrtux45

Bronze
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:08 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mrtux45 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:46 pm

RParadela wrote:
mrtux45 wrote:
RParadela wrote:
qtpie95 wrote:
RParadela wrote:Lol Wut. I got WLd with a 170 LSAT

lol same Lsat 171. in at 2 other top 20 schools... so


What's your GPA? Im kind of in shock right now


Maybe it's YP?


I'm not sure what else it could be unless they found something in my application that they absolutely hated. LSN has people with similar stats as I do going 37 for 37 at GW


Idk, if you consider various other high ranking acceptances between the two of you..could it be anything else but YP? What in both of your apps could GW specifically hate so much

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RParadela » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:59 pm

mrtux45 wrote:
RParadela wrote:
mrtux45 wrote:
RParadela wrote:
qtpie95 wrote:
RParadela wrote:Lol Wut. I got WLd with a 170 LSAT

lol same Lsat 171. in at 2 other top 20 schools... so


What's your GPA? Im kind of in shock right now


Maybe it's YP?


I'm not sure what else it could be unless they found something in my application that they absolutely hated. LSN has people with similar stats as I do going 37 for 37 at GW


Idk, if you consider various other high ranking acceptances between the two of you..could it be anything else but YP? What in both of your apps could GW specifically hate so much


I mean, I could see a scenario in which I'm rejected even with good numbers because of lack of work experience and other softs, but I can't imagine all 37 people that were accepted before me had amazing softs lol

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RParadela » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:02 pm

Someone on LSN got waitlisted with a 173 and a 3.55

Okay GW, Okay.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:08 pm

RParadela wrote:Someone on LSN got waitlisted with a 173 and a 3.55

Okay GW, Okay.

Svg

qtpie95

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby qtpie95 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:13 pm

mrtux45 wrote:
RParadela wrote:
qtpie95 wrote:
RParadela wrote:Lol Wut. I got WLd with a 170 LSAT

lol same Lsat 171. in at 2 other top 20 schools... so


What's your GPA? Im kind of in shock right now


Maybe it's YP?

I'm a splitter , GPA 3.28 a smidge under their 25th. strong softs too so I think they're just not friendly with splitters this year particularly since their was no addendum

User avatar
Dodocogon

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dodocogon » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:22 pm

With GWU being my highest $$ offer so far (other than the two sub-50 full rides I have), I'm gonna have to sweet talk my way to areconsideration. I'll probably write about total COA and all that - like my W&M offer is $20k less but my COA there would end up somewhere around $50k less. I guess it makes sense, GW does have a really high tuition compared to most school around it... not to mention the DC COL itself

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RParadela » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:23 pm

For those of you who got WL'd with good stats.. What are you guys gonna do? There's 0 shot I attend GW at sticker, much less waiting out the WL until April.

latetothis

Bronze
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:38 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby latetothis » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:26 pm

.
Last edited by latetothis on Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
shotgunheist

Bronze
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:38 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby shotgunheist » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:26 pm

Just got dinged GPA 50 25<lsat<50

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:27 pm

Has anyone been accepted this wave

User avatar
CatherineZetaScarn1

New
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby CatherineZetaScarn1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Got dinged....I really need some clarification bc I got waitlisted last year and I applied later and had less experience...

User avatar
floatie

Silver
Posts: 583
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby floatie » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:52 pm

Just got in with $90k!

GPA < 25, LSAT > 75

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:17 pm

In with 75k

GPA=25 lsat>75

honestlywhatever

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby honestlywhatever » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:03 pm

So I just found out I'm in, but there was no scholarship info in the e-mail. Does this mean I'm not getting anything from them at all, or has anyone gotten the admit e-mail and then received scholarship info later on?

KDavis95

New
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby KDavis95 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:00 pm

In with 48k. Not really impressed with the scholly since I got better offers from higher ranked schools, but hey, my numbers suck.

If anyone cares:
LSAT<25%
GPA>75%
URM

Dirtyolmuskrat

New
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:06 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dirtyolmuskrat » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:38 pm

RParadela wrote:For those of you who got WL'd with good stats.. What are you guys gonna do? There's 0 shot I attend GW at sticker, much less waiting out the WL until April.


I'll just wait it out, but not feeling GW at anything approaching sticker.

User avatar
the_specialist

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:04 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby the_specialist » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:35 am

Just got the acceptance email. In with 60k. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. With the cost of living in DC, it would be tough.

Median LSAT
GPA>75%

PurplePaladin

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:47 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby PurplePaladin » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:21 am

In with 75k last night. LSAT = 50, GPA = 25-50

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:17 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:16 pm

Guys, any clue about travel stipends for ASW? Can't see any information on the portal

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jessmeesh » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:35 pm

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) wrote:Guys, any clue about travel stipends for ASW? Can't see any information on the portal


At the bottom of the "preview events" page:

"A reimbursement of up to $250 for travel expenses (airfare, train tickets, bus fare, car mileage) incurred to attend either Preview Day or Mini-Preview will be available upon matriculation in August. Please hold on to your receipts, which may be turned into Law School Fiscal Services between Orientation and September 15, 2017."

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:17 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:42 pm

jessmeesh wrote:
BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) wrote:Guys, any clue about travel stipends for ASW? Can't see any information on the portal


At the bottom of the "preview events" page:

"A reimbursement of up to $250 for travel expenses (airfare, train tickets, bus fare, car mileage) incurred to attend either Preview Day or Mini-Preview will be available upon matriculation in August. Please hold on to your receipts, which may be turned into Law School Fiscal Services between Orientation and September 15, 2017."


Hey, thanks. Actually I did see that after my previous post. Weird that, unlike other schools, they reimburse only subject to matriculation. !

User avatar
floatie

Silver
Posts: 583
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby floatie » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:45 pm

honestlywhatever wrote:So I just found out I'm in, but there was no scholarship info in the e-mail. Does this mean I'm not getting anything from them at all, or has anyone gotten the admit e-mail and then received scholarship info later on?


I think most people get scholarship information in the email. It's always worth asking later on if you can get some $$, especially with COL in DC.

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby goldenbear2020 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:46 pm

honestlywhatever wrote:So I just found out I'm in, but there was no scholarship info in the e-mail. Does this mean I'm not getting anything from them at all, or has anyone gotten the admit e-mail and then received scholarship info later on?

TBH probably the former, since everyone on TLS has reported receiving any scholarship info with the acceptance letter. You could always negotiate with another offer though.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests