George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Lapp03

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:46 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Lapp03 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:30 pm

In with 75k! Good luck to those still waiting

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1224
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:30 pm

tparty wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
tparty wrote:Waitlisted. KILLING ME SOFTLY.


Sry to hear, write a good LOCI and you'll be fine. Didn't get anything yet. Did you receive an email?


Yes, got an e-mail from "waitlist@law.gwu.edu." Gonna have to go through this anxiety train again :? But it's better than a denial!


No worries, I was waitlisted super late last cycle (around April-ish) but I wrote a LOCI and they accepted me in like 2 weeks with substantial money.
Don't give up on them just yet!

tparty

Bronze
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:03 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tparty » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:45 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
tparty wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
tparty wrote:Waitlisted. KILLING ME SOFTLY.


Sry to hear, write a good LOCI and you'll be fine. Didn't get anything yet. Did you receive an email?


Yes, got an e-mail from "waitlist@law.gwu.edu." Gonna have to go through this anxiety train again :? But it's better than a denial!


No worries, I was waitlisted super late last cycle (around April-ish) but I wrote a LOCI and they accepted me in like 2 weeks with substantial money.
Don't give up on them just yet!


Yeah, after reading last cycle's 'GW waitlist' forum, they start looking at the waitlist candidates after the first payment deadline in April. I'll work on getting another LOR, write a LOCI and hope for the best! Thanks!

Also congrats to everyone who got accepted today! :D

Reid-Bailey

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:26 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Reid-Bailey » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:49 pm

Got accepted! Question: When people say "Got in with $X amount of scholarship" are they referring to the entire package (over 3 years) or the yearly package?

Also - are they willing to up their offers/negotiate? I'm looking for a full ride

notsolawful

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby notsolawful » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:53 pm

In with $$! Haven't heard anything positive since October from any schools so this feels good after rejections and waitlists

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:17 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:08 pm

My first admit. Very happy!

In with 105,000. Didn't follow the status tracker but got an e-mail an hour ago. Had applied on 1st Jan.
167, Superior eval, international!

Does anyone know if GWU negotiates?

All the best to everyone!

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RParadela » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:23 pm

Reid-Bailey wrote:Got accepted! Question: When people say "Got in with $X amount of scholarship" are they referring to the entire package (over 3 years) or the yearly package?

Also - are they willing to up their offers/negotiate? I'm looking for a full ride


Entire package

User avatar
Babe-Loblaw

New
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:11 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Babe-Loblaw » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:01 pm

In via email!

Gpa<50, 75<LSAT, 105k. This is making GWU a pretty strong contender for me.

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jessmeesh » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:09 pm

In via email today. 105K scholarship offer.

167/3.4

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:27 pm

RParadela wrote:
Reid-Bailey wrote:Got accepted! Question: When people say "Got in with $X amount of scholarship" are they referring to the entire package (over 3 years) or the yearly package?

Also - are they willing to up their offers/negotiate? I'm looking for a full ride


Entire package


Supposedly, they don't negotiate, but idk how true that is.
Odds of you getting a full ride though.... I'm gonna say slim to none.

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TexasENG » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:33 pm

.
Last edited by TexasENG on Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:17 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:08 am

Guys, have you logged into the admitted students portal yet? Last year, in the merit scholarship tab, GWU said they don't negotiate based on offers from peer schools. But they gave an option of scholarship reconsideration form which went live from feb 1 to march 15. This year, there is no mention of such form on the portal. Anyone found it?

User avatar
Stephylynette

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Stephylynette » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:46 pm

Just got an email informing me of acceptance. No scholarship included. Should I just assume I didn't get one?

sdb

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:04 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sdb » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:58 pm

Looks like there might be a wave today. 3 people accepted on LSN

musiclover123

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby musiclover123 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:25 pm

checking in! accepted via e-mail today!

JDrat

Bronze
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:45 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby JDrat » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:43 pm

In with 105k today! My first admit of the cycle, after quite a few rejections. Yay!

User avatar
shehulk16

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:20 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby shehulk16 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:44 pm

Stephylynette wrote:Just got an email informing me of acceptance. No scholarship included. Should I just assume I didn't get one?


I have the same question!

User avatar
Stephylynette

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Stephylynette » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:11 pm

Nayanthika wrote:In with 105k today! My first admit of the cycle, after quite a few rejections. Yay!


Congrats!! Guessing your scholarship info was in the original email?

JDrat

Bronze
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:45 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby JDrat » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:39 pm

Stephylynette wrote:
Nayanthika wrote:In with 105k today! My first admit of the cycle, after quite a few rejections. Yay!


Congrats!! Guessing your scholarship info was in the original email?


Thank you. And congrats to you too on getting in! Yep, it was in the same email.

journalisttolaw

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby journalisttolaw » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:55 pm

In via email today, complete last week.

168/3.0, $90K

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby goldenbear2020 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:10 pm

In via e-mail with 120k, above both 75th

sdb

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:04 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sdb » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:17 pm

journalisttolaw wrote:In via email today, complete last week.

168/3.0, $90K


Did your status change before you got the email?

journalisttolaw

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby journalisttolaw » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:29 pm

sdb wrote:
journalisttolaw wrote:In via email today, complete last week.

168/3.0, $90K


Did your status change before you got the email?


Must've been right before. I checked last night and it was still in review, but after I got the email this morning I checked and it had been switched to decision made.

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby goldenbear2020 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:48 pm

sdb wrote:
journalisttolaw wrote:In via email today, complete last week.

168/3.0, $90K


Did your status change before you got the email?

The status will change to "Decision Made" several hours (or maybe 1 day?) before the e-mail.

User avatar
jlc058

Bronze
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:38 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jlc058 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:36 pm

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) wrote:Guys, have you logged into the admitted students portal yet? Last year, in the merit scholarship tab, GWU said they don't negotiate based on offers from peer schools. But they gave an option of scholarship reconsideration form which went live from feb 1 to march 15. This year, there is no mention of such form on the portal. Anyone found it?


I don't see anything about it- not even when you just search their website. I guess they aren't doing it this year to try and really discourage people from attempting negotiation?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], goldenbear2020 and 13 guests