George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tparty

Bronze
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:03 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tparty » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:14 pm

lawcapture wrote:
tparty wrote:
Oh okay! That makes sense - hope you're right! From what I've seen, a lot of the people who heard back also got $$, which I didn't apply for so that might have something to do with it?


Don't think you had to apply for $$ - at least I didn't and got some. Most of the schools just automatically consider you for $


Ah, ok. Thought people applied for scholarships or something!

pantsuitchic

New
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:47 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pantsuitchic » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:35 pm

BostonGrad123 wrote:
pantsuitchic wrote:
tparty wrote:
pantsuitchic wrote:
tparty wrote:Any news today? I'm still in review...


Me too. I am so over this waiting.


When did you apply/go UR? I'm so impatient!


UR since 11/7. I applied 10/24.


Did any of you apply Early Binding?


I applied RD. My theory is the next wave begins on Monday or Tuesday. Last year it looks like a bunch of people got in on 11/17 and then a bunch more on 11/20.

tparty

Bronze
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:03 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tparty » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:01 pm

Anybody switch to "decision made?"...

cd1945

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:28 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cd1945 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:16 pm

tparty wrote:Anybody switch to "decision made?"...


still in review

User avatar
Dodocogon

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dodocogon » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:39 pm

Just got my admissions package; crazy nice presentation!

User avatar
Rich Uncle Skeleton

Bronze
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:50 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rich Uncle Skeleton » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:04 pm

Dodocogon wrote:Just got my admissions package; crazy nice presentation!

Very impressive. Definitely the nicest package I've seen.

JD_Kingfish

Bronze
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby JD_Kingfish » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:03 pm

Rich Uncle Skeleton wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:Just got my admissions package; crazy nice presentation!

Very impressive. Definitely the nicest package I've seen.

What was so impressive about it? Mine is back at school so I won't get it until I'm back from break.

User avatar
Dodocogon

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dodocogon » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:35 pm

JD_Kingfish wrote:
Rich Uncle Skeleton wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:Just got my admissions package; crazy nice presentation!

Very impressive. Definitely the nicest package I've seen.

What was so impressive about it? Mine is back at school so I won't get it until I'm back from break.


I mean it gives you a nice admitted-student viewbook as well as your physical letter, but to get there you have to open two flaps of this hard-cover presentation booklet (don't know exactly what to call it), and finally pull a ribbon to get out the viewbook and letter. Good experience lol

JD_Kingfish

Bronze
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby JD_Kingfish » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:02 am

Finally got home and opened it. Definitely agree it was a fun experience lol

StopLawying

Silver
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby StopLawying » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:33 pm

Did you guys write a "why GW'? Have everything ready to go but wondering whether it'd be worth it to write one. Median LSAT and over 75% GPA

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:36 pm

StopLawying wrote:Did you guys write a "why GW'? Have everything ready to go but wondering whether it'd be worth it to write one. Median LSAT and over 75% GPA


I didn't and was accepted. Slightly over Median GPA and over 75% LSAT. I read somewhere that they don't YP like others, but I have no sources for that.

StopLawying

Silver
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby StopLawying » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:42 pm

Keilz wrote:
StopLawying wrote:Did you guys write a "why GW'? Have everything ready to go but wondering whether it'd be worth it to write one. Median LSAT and over 75% GPA


I didn't and was accepted. Slightly over Median GPA and over 75% LSAT. I read somewhere that they don't YP like others, but I have no sources for that.


Thanks for the quick reply! Do you know if it's common practice to write on though for this school? Perhaps you got accepted because of your better numbers, but I'm wondering if it may hurt someone with more pedestrian numbers if they choose not to.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:45 pm

StopLawying wrote:
Keilz wrote:
StopLawying wrote:Did you guys write a "why GW'? Have everything ready to go but wondering whether it'd be worth it to write one. Median LSAT and over 75% GPA


I didn't and was accepted. Slightly over Median GPA and over 75% LSAT. I read somewhere that they don't YP like others, but I have no sources for that.


Thanks for the quick reply! Do you know if it's common practice to write on though for this school? Perhaps you got accepted because of your better numbers, but I'm wondering if it may hurt someone with more pedestrian numbers if they choose not to.


I'm not sure, sorry. But you are at 75% GPA that's still pretty good and not pedestrian.

tparty

Bronze
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:03 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tparty » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:03 pm

Why is GW playing with my emotions... why has there only been one wave of decisions?

BostonGrad123

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:36 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BostonGrad123 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:18 pm

tparty wrote:Why is GW playing with my emotions... why has there only been one wave of decisions?


Wondering the same thing.

tinafeyclone

New
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tinafeyclone » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:52 am

Changed to decision made!!

User avatar
hellohalo

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hellohalo » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:58 am

Decision made too! Quick turn around. Should be good news right? God bless!

tinafeyclone

New
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tinafeyclone » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:03 pm

hellohalo wrote:Decision made too! Quick turn around. Should be good news right? God bless!


Having a mini heart attack every time I get an email notification!! When did you go complete, under review, etc

User avatar
hellohalo

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hellohalo » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:06 pm

tinafeyclone wrote:
hellohalo wrote:Decision made too! Quick turn around. Should be good news right? God bless!


Having a mini heart attack every time I get an email notification!! When did you go complete, under review, etc


Received status checker 11/9.
Under review 11/16 (if I remember correctly)

Sorry I don't keep track the dates carefully enough.

I hope it's good news.

BostonGrad123

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:36 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BostonGrad123 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:09 pm

I'm freaking out!! This could take a whole day to get an email!!

tinafeyclone

New
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tinafeyclone » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:14 pm

I went complete on 11/14 and under review on 11/21...did not expect it to go this fast!

User avatar
hellohalo

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hellohalo » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:24 pm

Damn! Waitlisted! :oops: :cry:

tinafeyclone

New
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tinafeyclone » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:27 pm

hellohalo wrote:Damn! Waitlisted! :oops: :cry:

Nooooo I'm sorry :(

crookedsmile

Bronze
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby crookedsmile » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:27 pm

Waitlisted as well :cry:

tinafeyclone

New
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tinafeyclone » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:29 pm

Are you getting emails or is your status checker updating? I haven't gotten anything yet :shock:



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests