Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ReadyToStart

New
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ReadyToStart » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:08 pm

tinafeyclone wrote:I went complete on 11/14. LSAT >>> 75%, 25% < GPA < 50%. Haven't heard anything yet.

Georgetown is my first choice. Do I submit a Why Georgetown?? I already did the one phone call. I'm worried about YP :(


I went complete 11/18 or 19 so a little after you, granted, but I'm above both 75th's and haven't had any sort of contact with them, but it's still super early in the process so I'm not worried. You shouldn't be worried either. If you have useful things to write, which you should as GULC is your top choice, then write it. But otherwise, just give it some time. It hasn't even been a month yet.

tinafeyclone

New
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tinafeyclone » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:10 pm

I actually went downstairs like an hour after I posted that and saw the letter LOL. Accepted!!

dala77

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:32 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dala77 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:21 am

Just finished my alumni interview. About 50 minutes. The interviewer just asked questions related to my personal working and research experience according to my resume and personal statement, which I sent to her earlier. She also asked about my views on Trump and what I see myself in my 40s/50s. I'm an international student interviewed in HK. Hope to get good news soon :)

User avatar
hellohalo

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hellohalo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:53 am

IF I'm accepted but the small acceptance letter is lost by USPS?

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1224
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:02 am

hellohalo wrote:IF I'm accepted but the small acceptance letter is lost by USPS?


I highly doubt that the ONLY way they'll notify you of your acceptance before the tuition deadline is by the small letter... :lol:

User avatar
Christinabruin

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Christinabruin » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:14 am

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
hellohalo wrote:IF I'm accepted but the small acceptance letter is lost by USPS?


I highly doubt that the ONLY way they'll notify you of your acceptance before the tuition deadline is by the small letter... :lol:


Yeah even though I only got a letter so far, I'm sure they'll also notify you through email in the coming weeks! Also if you don't hear from them in a while, you could probably check the admitted students' website when it goes up :)

Cognitiveproblem

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Cognitiveproblem » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:02 am

So the postmark 3 week deadline for ED was last Thursday...yesterday my mail person just didn't come...:(

User avatar
smashbash

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:48 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby smashbash » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:17 pm

Cognitiveproblem wrote:So the postmark 3 week deadline for ED was last Thursday...yesterday my mail person just didn't come...:(


Was yesterday some sort of underground mailman holiday or something?... because I'm pretty sure mine didn't come either

I hope you find that magical little envelope in your mailbox today <3

Cognitiveproblem

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Cognitiveproblem » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:15 pm

In! ED. Applied 11/10, interview 11/29, postmark 12/5, received 12/7. LSAC GPA 2.8 LSAT 172.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:17 pm

---
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cognitiveproblem

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Cognitiveproblem » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:31 pm

mm2368 wrote:
Cognitiveproblem wrote:In! ED. Applied 11/10, interview 11/29, postmark 12/5, received 12/7. LSAC GPA 2.8 LSAT 172.


CONGRATULATIONS! That is fantastic. So happy for you, and best of luck at Georgetown! I loved my time in D.C. (went to Georgetown's SFS for undergrad) so if you have questions about the area, PM me!


Thanks! Very excited! Currently live and work in dc and have been doing so intermittently for the past few years. Super pumped to be here for longer!

Lmorina126

New
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:09 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Lmorina126 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:00 pm

Cognitiveproblem wrote:In! ED. Applied 11/10, interview 11/29, postmark 12/5, received 12/7. LSAC GPA 2.8 LSAT 172.


Congratulations!!

User avatar
laqueredup

Bronze
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:05 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby laqueredup » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:50 pm

.
Last edited by laqueredup on Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

tinafeyclone

New
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tinafeyclone » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:37 am

This might be the stupidest question ever, but does anyone know when the January open house is? I'm trying to make plans to be there but can't find any info online

haley12

Silver
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby haley12 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:59 am

Cognitiveproblem wrote:In! ED. Applied 11/10, interview 11/29, postmark 12/5, received 12/7. LSAC GPA 2.8 LSAT 172.


A splitter!! Yay!! How were your softs/PS?

Cognitiveproblem

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Cognitiveproblem » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:09 pm

Personal statement was about my hometown and high school (poor, majority minority) juxtaposed with my life (upper middle class, white) and college (H/Y/P). Heavily involved in Mock Trial, hired to coach a team after graduating and did very well, and have 3 years of extremely varied work experience (lobbying to policy to consulting to teaching in Asia).

cjar819

New
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:29 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cjar819 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:37 pm

Waitlisted email just came in. My GPA is below 25% and LSAT between 25% and 50%, so I can't say I'm surprised. Still very disappointed.

Does anyone know the chances of being admitted from the waitlist vs the preferred waitlist?

fazzvm56

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby fazzvm56 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:41 pm

I know Georgetown's status checker doesn't update per say, but does anyone who got in know if there are any small changes in the status checker before a decision like some other schools? Like something going blank, requirements section going blank/changing, etc.?

Georgetown is my first choice and it's killing me that I haven't heard yet. Applied ~10/21, between 25%-50% GPA and 162.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1224
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:44 pm

fazzvm56 wrote:I know Georgetown's status checker doesn't update per say, but does anyone who got in know if there are any small changes in the status checker before a decision like some other schools? Like something going blank, requirements section going blank/changing, etc.?

Georgetown is my first choice and it's killing me that I haven't heard yet. Applied ~10/21, between 25%-50% GPA and 162.


Just curious, did you apply ED??

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:48 pm

---
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fazzvm56

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby fazzvm56 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:50 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
fazzvm56 wrote:I know Georgetown's status checker doesn't update per say, but does anyone who got in know if there are any small changes in the status checker before a decision like some other schools? Like something going blank, requirements section going blank/changing, etc.?

Georgetown is my first choice and it's killing me that I haven't heard yet. Applied ~10/21, between 25%-50% GPA and 162.


Just curious, did you apply ED??


No :( I was actually so set on applying ED and then I kind of freaked out right before because I know Georgetown says don't ED if you want any money and I really thought how much money I'd be committing myself to. I'd still go if I got in, but something about that money commitment scared the shit out of me.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:51 pm

---
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1224
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:58 pm

fazzvm56 wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
fazzvm56 wrote:I know Georgetown's status checker doesn't update per say, but does anyone who got in know if there are any small changes in the status checker before a decision like some other schools? Like something going blank, requirements section going blank/changing, etc.?

Georgetown is my first choice and it's killing me that I haven't heard yet. Applied ~10/21, between 25%-50% GPA and 162.


Just curious, did you apply ED??


No :( I was actually so set on applying ED and then I kind of freaked out right before because I know Georgetown says don't ED if you want any money and I really thought how much money I'd be committing myself to. I'd still go if I got in, but something about that money commitment scared the shit out of me.


Aww no worries!

1. Since you're RD and have numbers below their median, you'll probably have to sit back and wait a little longer! No worries that you have radio silence so far.

==error==/how-lo ... o-be-read/

2. Don't feel bad about not EDing to GULC because its one of the schools that don't really have a ED boost :) If UVA or Duke was your first choice though, I definitely would've said, "WHY DIDN'T YOU ED?!" :D

fazzvm56

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby fazzvm56 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:04 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
fazzvm56 wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
fazzvm56 wrote:I know Georgetown's status checker doesn't update per say, but does anyone who got in know if there are any small changes in the status checker before a decision like some other schools? Like something going blank, requirements section going blank/changing, etc.?

Georgetown is my first choice and it's killing me that I haven't heard yet. Applied ~10/21, between 25%-50% GPA and 162.


Just curious, did you apply ED??


No :( I was actually so set on applying ED and then I kind of freaked out right before because I know Georgetown says don't ED if you want any money and I really thought how much money I'd be committing myself to. I'd still go if I got in, but something about that money commitment scared the shit out of me.


Aww no worries!

1. Since you're RD and have numbers below their median, you'll probably have to sit back and wait a little longer! No worries that you have radio silence so far.

==error==/how-lo ... o-be-read/

2. Don't feel bad about not EDing to GULC because its one of the schools that don't really have a ED boost :) If UVA or Duke was your first choice though, I definitely would've said, "WHY DIDN'T YOU ED?!" :D


That's the other reason I didn't ED. I saw a bunch of stuff saying it doesn't actually help you much, even though they say it does.

That link helps, but makes me realize that I'm in for quite a few more long days being disappointed by the mailbox :shock:

dsh0520

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:43 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dsh0520 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:04 pm

cjar819 wrote:Waitlisted email just came in. My GPA is below 25% and LSAT between 25% and 50%, so I can't say I'm surprised. Still very disappointed.

Does anyone know the chances of being admitted from the waitlist vs the preferred waitlist?

Did you apply RD or ED?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests