Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
doritoslocostacos316

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:25 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby doritoslocostacos316 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:49 pm

Cognitiveproblem wrote:Out of curiosity, did anyone else do the video? If so, have they watched it yet? I've been obsessively checking view counts to see if they have...


I've been obsessively checking view count as well and they've watched mine 5 times!!!! So scary to think about....not sure if 5 times is a good thing or a bad thing lol

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:56 pm

mosunny wrote:In today! No interviews


How do your stats compare to their 25/50/75?

User avatar
galeatus

Silver
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:53 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby galeatus » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:59 pm

Received my interview request! Submitted 19.Nov

mosunny

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:16 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mosunny » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:35 pm

brinicolec wrote:
mosunny wrote:In today! No interviews


How do your stats compare to their 25/50/75?


Above 75 LSAT, between 25 and 50 GPA

Cognitiveproblem

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Cognitiveproblem » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:47 pm

doritoslocostacos316 wrote:
Cognitiveproblem wrote:Out of curiosity, did anyone else do the video? If so, have they watched it yet? I've been obsessively checking view counts to see if they have...


I've been obsessively checking view count as well and they've watched mine 5 times!!!! So scary to think about....not sure if 5 times is a good thing or a bad thing lol


How long after you submitted did they watch it? I literally hit the 3 week mark after my ED submission today. Freaking out...I think they may have watched it but I sent it to family members and maybe they watched it after the fact? I dunno...

User avatar
chasima

Bronze
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chasima » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:52 am

<3
Last edited by chasima on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
calpolisci2016

Bronze
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:42 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby calpolisci2016 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:11 pm

Is there a short compendium or guide for alumni interviews? I know the process is supposed to be relaxed, but I'd still like to know as much information as possible.

User avatar
smashbash

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:48 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby smashbash » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:37 pm

Submitted 11/17, ED. Two more weeks of waiting :?

Cognitiveproblem

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Cognitiveproblem » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:17 pm

smashbash wrote:Submitted 11/17, ED. Two more weeks of waiting :?



If you're as lucky as me, it'll be more than 2 weeks..

User avatar
PDX4343

Silver
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby PDX4343 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:48 pm

Anybody know anything about travel stipends for admitted students?

User avatar
poptart123

Silver
Posts: 1153
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby poptart123 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:07 pm

Preferred WL today. Had an interview. Not surprised because the other 8 people on LSN with similar stats in the last five years all got the same from GULC.

pantsuitchic

New
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:47 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pantsuitchic » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:20 pm

poptart123 wrote:Preferred WL today. Had an interview. Not surprised because the other 8 people on LSN with similar stats in the last five years all got the same from GULC.


Same.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:22 pm

poptart123 wrote:Preferred WL today. Had an interview. Not surprised because the other 8 people on LSN with similar stats in the last five years all got the same from GULC.



What were your stats?/Do you have LSN?

User avatar
88234

Bronze
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 88234 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:38 pm

In! Dated 11/28. Really nice handwritten note referencing my interview and time in TFA. First T14 acceptance so I am over the moon.

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:49 pm

88234 wrote:In! Dated 11/28. Really nice handwritten note referencing my interview and time in TFA. First T14 acceptance so I am over the moon.


Congratulations! GULC was my first T14 as well and it's a great feeling.

20171lhopeful

Bronze
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 20171lhopeful » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:49 pm

when is admitted students weekend?

User avatar
smashbash

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:48 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby smashbash » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:22 pm

Cognitiveproblem wrote:
smashbash wrote:Submitted 11/17, ED. Two more weeks of waiting :?



If you're as lucky as me, it'll be more than 2 weeks..


Yea, I tend to be that kind of lucky.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:50 pm

88234 wrote:In! Dated 11/28. Really nice handwritten note referencing my interview and time in TFA. First T14 acceptance so I am over the moon.


When'd you submit your app?

turkeyncheese

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:27 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby turkeyncheese » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:00 pm

Cognitiveproblem wrote:
doritoslocostacos316 wrote:
Cognitiveproblem wrote:Out of curiosity, did anyone else do the video? If so, have they watched it yet? I've been obsessively checking view counts to see if they have...


I've been obsessively checking view count as well and they've watched mine 5 times!!!! So scary to think about....not sure if 5 times is a good thing or a bad thing lol


How long after you submitted did they watch it? I literally hit the 3 week mark after my ED submission today. Freaking out...I think they may have watched it but I sent it to family members and maybe they watched it after the fact? I dunno...


I applied ED and they watched my video 5 days later, only once. I was deferred to RD about 3 weeks later. I have also been incessantly checking if they have re-watched it or not. If you go to your analytics on youtube you can see the date and region where someone has watched your video, and how long they watched. Since I'm not from DC, I knew that the only view in DC had to be from them.

Cognitiveproblem

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Cognitiveproblem » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:03 pm

turkeyncheese wrote:
Cognitiveproblem wrote:
doritoslocostacos316 wrote:
Cognitiveproblem wrote:Out of curiosity, did anyone else do the video? If so, have they watched it yet? I've been obsessively checking view counts to see if they have...


I've been obsessively checking view count as well and they've watched mine 5 times!!!! So scary to think about....not sure if 5 times is a good thing or a bad thing lol


How long after you submitted did they watch it? I literally hit the 3 week mark after my ED submission today. Freaking out...I think they may have watched it but I sent it to family members and maybe they watched it after the fact? I dunno...


I applied ED and they watched my video 5 days later, only once. I was deferred to RD about 3 weeks later. I have also been incessantly checking if they have re-watched it or not. If you go to your analytics on youtube you can see the date and region where someone has watched your video, and how long they watched. Since I'm not from DC, I knew that the only view in DC had to be from them.


Ah - interesting. Did they defer to RD after the 3 week deadline? What are you numbers like, if you don't mind me asking?

turkeyncheese

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:27 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby turkeyncheese » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:39 pm

Cognitiveproblem wrote:
turkeyncheese wrote:
Cognitiveproblem wrote:
doritoslocostacos316 wrote:
Cognitiveproblem wrote:Out of curiosity, did anyone else do the video? If so, have they watched it yet? I've been obsessively checking view counts to see if they have...


I've been obsessively checking view count as well and they've watched mine 5 times!!!! So scary to think about....not sure if 5 times is a good thing or a bad thing lol


How long after you submitted did they watch it? I literally hit the 3 week mark after my ED submission today. Freaking out...I think they may have watched it but I sent it to family members and maybe they watched it after the fact? I dunno...


I applied ED and they watched my video 5 days later, only once. I was deferred to RD about 3 weeks later. I have also been incessantly checking if they have re-watched it or not. If you go to your analytics on youtube you can see the date and region where someone has watched your video, and how long they watched. Since I'm not from DC, I knew that the only view in DC had to be from them.


Ah - interesting. Did they defer to RD after the 3 week deadline? What are you numbers like, if you don't mind me asking?


They deferred 2 days short of the 3 week deadline. 165 LSAT 3.5 GPA

aaron1621

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:30 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby aaron1621 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:28 pm

Should I try to solicit an alumni interview? Or is that pushy.

User avatar
88234

Bronze
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 88234 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:38 pm

brinicolec wrote:88234 wrote:
In! Dated 11/28. Really nice handwritten note referencing my interview and time in TFA. First T14 acceptance so I am over the moon.


When'd you submit your app?


10/24. Interviewed 11/14.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:50 pm

aaron1621 wrote:Should I try to solicit an alumni interview? Or is that pushy.



I don't think I'd recommend trying to solicit one

User avatar
Christinabruin

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Christinabruin » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:30 pm

In via RD through mail and a nice handwritten note from Dean Cornblatt. PM for stats!

No Interview -- Sent 11/16, Complete 11/17, Letter dated 11/28. Status checker didn't update after my application went complete, for those who are curious!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lawschoolapp12 and 8 guests