Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
christinaxcarrie

New

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby christinaxcarrie » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:01 am

I interviewed on October 31, and I'm still waiting to hear back. The struggle is real guys!!!

cjar819

New

Postby cjar819 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:33 pm

mp68 wrote:
aaron1621 wrote:
turkeyncheese wrote:When should I expect to hear back after being deferred from ED?

I am wondering the same thing

The e-mail I got said by 28 Feb.

I interviewed, was deferred from ED and also got the letter that said by Feb 28. I'm hoping that they don't actually wait until February to tell us... :( Does anyone know how often they admit students who are deferred or when they were admitted/denied?

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:35 pm

cjar819 wrote:
mp68 wrote:
aaron1621 wrote:
turkeyncheese wrote:When should I expect to hear back after being deferred from ED?

I interviewed, was deferred from ED and also got the letter that said by Feb 28. I'm hoping that they don't actually wait until February to tell us... :( Does anyone know how often they admit students who are deferred or when they were admitted/denied?

I'm not sure but maybe you can look at the last couple cycles' threads on here and search for "deferred" or something to see if you get some results.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:37 pm

Also, how does the status checker for G-town look?

I'm currently complete, no dates listed. Do they have UR or...?

hannah544

New

Postby hannah544 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:47 pm

brinicolec wrote:
cjar819 wrote:
mp68 wrote:
aaron1621 wrote:

I'm not sure but maybe you can look at the last couple cycles' threads on here and search for "deferred" or something to see if you get some results.

When did you guys apply if you don't mind me asking? Applied ED a little over three weeks ago and still haven't heard back

govlife

Bronze

Postby govlife » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:57 pm

brinicolec wrote:Also, how does the status checker for G-town look?

I submitted mid-September, status checker got to Application completed soon after and no change since. I was admitted by mail early November and still nothing has changed. So just keep an eye on the mailbox!

Cognitiveproblem

New

Postby Cognitiveproblem » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:59 pm

I applied ED 3 weeks ago tomorrow. If it makes you feel any better, the website says that decisions will be mailed within 3 weeks. I think they waitlist, defer, and reject via email, which would be instant. Assuming they actually do send the decision within 3 weeks, maybe you've got good news on its way in the mail?

canafsa

Bronze

Postby canafsa » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:03 pm

Last edited by canafsa on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:06 pm

govlife wrote:

I submitted mid-September, status checker got to Application completed soon after and no change since. I was admitted by mail early November and still nothing has changed. So just keep an eye on the mailbox!

Oh, boo. Kind of useless status checker then :(

Congrats on your acceptance! Did you interview?

SharpSpoons

New

Postby SharpSpoons » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:13 pm

govlife wrote:

Same happened to me! Admitted students website isn't up yet either.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:15 pm

SharpSpoons wrote:
govlife wrote:

Is Georgetown one of the schools you can supposedly do the "request a password" trick for to see if you're admitted? Also, did you interview?

SharpSpoons

New

Postby SharpSpoons » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:18 pm

brinicolec wrote:
SharpSpoons wrote:
govlife wrote:

Is Georgetown one of the schools you can supposedly do the "request a password" trick for to see if you're admitted? Also, did you interview?

Nope! I didn't interview, just got a nice letter in the mail with a personal note about my PS and such.

hannah544

New

Postby hannah544 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:25 pm

Cognitiveproblem wrote:I applied ED 3 weeks ago tomorrow. If it makes you feel any better, the website says that decisions will be mailed within 3 weeks. I think they waitlist, defer, and reject via email, which would be instant. Assuming they actually do send the decision within 3 weeks, maybe you've got good news on its way in the mail?

I called admissions and they said to allow a few more day to a week for a decision because of Thanksgiving, so hopefully we'll hear soon.

PDX4343

Silver

Postby PDX4343 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:36 pm

brinicolec wrote:
SharpSpoons wrote:
govlife wrote:

Once the admitted students site goes up you should be able to do the password trick but it's not up yet

govlife

Bronze

Postby govlife » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:24 am

brinicolec wrote:
govlife wrote:

Thanks! I interviewed, and it was a great experience. They make it very clear that even if you get the invite it's still optional, but I would say you have nothing to lose. They connected me with an alum from my alma mater who is working in the exact field I'm hoping to enter after law school. Definitely made me even more excited for Georgetown.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:30 am

govlife wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
govlife wrote:

Thanks! I interviewed, and it was a great experience. They make it very clear that even if you get the invite it's still optional, but I would say you have nothing to lose. They connected me with an alum from my alma mater who is working in the exact field I'm hoping to enter after law school. Definitely made me even more excited for Georgetown.

So far, neither Vandy nor NU had an alum near me so I'm not sure Georgetown would be any different :?

canafsa

Bronze

Postby canafsa » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:39 am

Last edited by canafsa on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tinafeyclone

New

Postby tinafeyclone » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:50 am

My mailing and requirements boxes are empty, I have no date for the Current Status date, and my application has switched to "Application Completed." Have we already determined that this means nothing? Or should I be waiting for a decision :shock:

canafsa

Bronze

Postby canafsa » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:53 am

Last edited by canafsa on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mdiaz

New

Postby Mdiaz » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:58 am

canafsa wrote:In! The letter was in a tiny envelope and I thought maybe it was a ding before opening it, lol.

Anyone know how the scholarship offers work? No info with letter.

Congrats!! When did you apply?

canafsa

Bronze

Postby canafsa » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:59 am

Last edited by canafsa on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

govlife

Bronze

Postby govlife » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:28 am

brinicolec wrote:
govlife wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
govlife wrote:

So far, neither Vandy nor NU had an alum near me so I'm not sure Georgetown would be any different :?

Oh, yeah, mine was on Skype because there were no alumni interviewers close.

loslakers

New

Postby loslakers » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:23 pm

govlife wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
govlife wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
govlife wrote:

if you dont mind me asking, i was just invited for the alumni interview as well. (submitted 11/11) was the interview process long? are there any specific questions they ask?

govlife

Bronze

Postby govlife » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:55 pm

loslakers wrote:
govlife wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
govlife wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
govlife wrote:

if you dont mind me asking, i was just invited for the alumni interview as well. (submitted 11/11) was the interview process long? are there any specific questions they ask?

Mine lasted about 40 minutes, and was really conversational. I would plan on Why Georgetown for sure. I also got What characteristics do you think make a good lawyer and What perspective or unique contribution can you bring to Georgetown, but I imagine those may differ. For the most part questions arose organically and were specific to me and my resume.

It took a little under a week to hear back from my alum after I filled out the response. Then we scheduled a time, and I got my acceptance 2 weeks later.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:07 pm

tinafeyclone wrote:My mailing and requirements boxes are empty, I have no date for the Current Status date, and my application has switched to "Application Completed." Have we already determined that this means nothing? Or should I be waiting for a decision :shock:

I'm not sure if it means you have a decision coming or not. That's how mine is as well and it went that way shortly after submission of my app.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?