Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
bitter_melon

Bronze
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bitter_melon » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:48 am

WAITLIST

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:17 am

pizzagoblin wrote:
tinafeyclone wrote:Has anyone else who tried negotiating heard back yet?


VERY pleased with my renegotiated scholarship. PM for details.

yo, numbers twin, hit me up

User avatar
melmelcoolj

Bronze
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby melmelcoolj » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:45 am

I got WL via email. I think mine says it is a "preferred waitlist." But I assume that everyone not on the "very preferred" group is out, right? My Stats are 3.5/172, and I really don't know what went so wrong other than submitting in Feb.

dclaw93

Bronze
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 9:44 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dclaw93 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:10 am

melmelcoolj wrote:I got WL via email. I think mine says it is a "preferred waitlist." But I assume that everyone not on the "very preferred" group is out, right? My Stats are 3.5/172, and I really don't know what went so wrong other than submitting in Feb.

Same stats, and I got preferred WL'd after submitting in November :/ no idea what GULC is doing

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:58 am

I have a feeling they'll make a LOT of waitlist offers this year. Don't lose hope, even if you're not in special preferred or preferred.

User avatar
melmelcoolj

Bronze
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby melmelcoolj » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:45 am

dclaw93 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:I got WL via email. I think mine says it is a "preferred waitlist." But I assume that everyone not on the "very preferred" group is out, right? My Stats are 3.5/172, and I really don't know what went so wrong other than submitting in Feb.

Same stats, and I got preferred WL'd after submitting in November :/ no idea what GULC is doing


You definitely submitted early enough! Do you think there is something wrong about your application? I wrote one optional essay that is not Why Georgetown, and I am thinking maybe my app is horrible. But based on numbers, they just decided to waitlist just in case they need that LSAT later in the season. Are you going to send in more essays or LOCI? My letter does not say that I should, so I will call or email to ask.

intlbr

Bronze
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby intlbr » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:40 am

melmelcoolj wrote:I got WL via email. I think mine says it is a "preferred waitlist." But I assume that everyone not on the "very preferred" group is out, right? My Stats are 3.5/172, and I really don't know what went so wrong other than submitting in Feb.


Sorry to hear about the wl .. Those are really high numbers! Mind sharing your dates? When did you go complete and when did they send the waitlist email? Thanks

User avatar
melmelcoolj

Bronze
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby melmelcoolj » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:24 am

intlbr wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:I got WL via email. I think mine says it is a "preferred waitlist." But I assume that everyone not on the "very preferred" group is out, right? My Stats are 3.5/172, and I really don't know what went so wrong other than submitting in Feb.


Sorry to hear about the wl .. Those are really high numbers! Mind sharing your dates? When did you go complete and when did they send the waitlist email? Thanks


I went complete on Feb 24, and they sent the email exactly one month later on March 24. There has been no status changes ever since I submitted, and I did not receive an interview request. But it could be that I am international, and they have already accepted more than a few.

seeprybyrun

Bronze
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby seeprybyrun » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:48 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
intlbr wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:I got WL via email. I think mine says it is a "preferred waitlist." But I assume that everyone not on the "very preferred" group is out, right? My Stats are 3.5/172, and I really don't know what went so wrong other than submitting in Feb.


Sorry to hear about the wl .. Those are really high numbers! Mind sharing your dates? When did you go complete and when did they send the waitlist email? Thanks


I went complete on Feb 24, and they sent the email exactly one month later on March 24. There has been no status changes ever since I submitted, and I did not receive an interview request. But it could be that I am international, and they have already accepted more than a few.


Georgetown doesn't update their status checker after going complete. Probably doesn't have to do with being international, since I am but they had me do a Skype interview with an alumna.

User avatar
melmelcoolj

Bronze
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby melmelcoolj » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:51 pm

seeprybyrun wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
intlbr wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:I got WL via email. I think mine says it is a "preferred waitlist." But I assume that everyone not on the "very preferred" group is out, right? My Stats are 3.5/172, and I really don't know what went so wrong other than submitting in Feb.


Sorry to hear about the wl .. Those are really high numbers! Mind sharing your dates? When did you go complete and when did they send the waitlist email? Thanks


I went complete on Feb 24, and they sent the email exactly one month later on March 24. There has been no status changes ever since I submitted, and I did not receive an interview request. But it could be that I am international, and they have already accepted more than a few.


Georgetown doesn't update their status checker after going complete. Probably doesn't have to do with being international, since I am but they had me do a Skype interview with an alumna.


Thanks, then I probably did not get an interview request for other reasons. I am having a hard time thinking what the reasons are. It could be that I submitted so late, that they do not have enough spots for me left. Or they already have a few people with credentials and backgrounds similar to mine. But maybe my application just sucks...

BabyDoc2JD

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BabyDoc2JD » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:50 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
intlbr wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:I got WL via email. I think mine says it is a "preferred waitlist." But I assume that everyone not on the "very preferred" group is out, right? My Stats are 3.5/172, and I really don't know what went so wrong other than submitting in Feb.


Sorry to hear about the wl .. Those are really high numbers! Mind sharing your dates? When did you go complete and when did they send the waitlist email? Thanks


I went complete on Feb 24, and they sent the email exactly one month later on March 24. There has been no status changes ever since I submitted, and I did not receive an interview request. But it could be that I am international, and they have already accepted more than a few.


Georgetown doesn't update their status checker after going complete. Probably doesn't have to do with being international, since I am but they had me do a Skype interview with an alumna.


Thanks, then I probably did not get an interview request for other reasons. I am having a hard time thinking what the reasons are. It could be that I submitted so late, that they do not have enough spots for me left. Or they already have a few people with credentials and backgrounds similar to mine. But maybe my application just sucks...


I got admitted without an interview with similar numbers in December. So far I have gotten no dollars for scholarship so I will not be attending, so you will likely have a spot if you are willing to pay sticker

somedeadman

Bronze
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby somedeadman » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:23 pm

chargers21 wrote:
pizzagoblin wrote:
tinafeyclone wrote:Has anyone else who tried negotiating heard back yet?


VERY pleased with my renegotiated scholarship. PM for details.

yo, numbers twin, hit me up

I'd love to learn more about this as well

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1456
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jjcorvino » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:17 am

People that negotiated, how long did it take to hear back?

tinafeyclone

New
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tinafeyclone » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:07 am

jjcorvino wrote:People that negotiated, how long did it take to hear back?

2 weeks

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jessmeesh » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:23 am

Just withdrew from the regular waitlist. Not sure that will actually help anyone, but it was cathartic for me. lol

godinacup

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby godinacup » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:01 pm

jessmeesh wrote:Just withdrew from the regular waitlist. Not sure that will actually help anyone, but it was cathartic for me. lol


As someone who is on the regular waitlist with GULC as their #1 choice, I just want to say thank you. I hope the good karma is paid forward to you.

xandra_v

Bronze
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xandra_v » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:46 am

So I emailed Financial Aid, who said that financial aid should take about two weeks to process from the time you submit the last of the Yellow Form/CSS/FAFSA trifecta. I had submitted all of those nearly a month ago and they seemed surprised I hadn't gotten a decision yet, but then said I should hear by end of week. So if you've been waiting longer than two weeks, may be worth following up via email.

Lmorina126

New
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:09 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Lmorina126 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:55 am

godinacup wrote:
jessmeesh wrote:Just withdrew from the regular waitlist. Not sure that will actually help anyone, but it was cathartic for me. lol


As someone who is on the regular waitlist with GULC as their #1 choice, I just want to say thank you. I hope the good karma is paid forward to you.


+1

LawTweet

Bronze
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LawTweet » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:59 am

So I never got a feeler email and never heard anything about money. Should I assume I got nothing? I got money at some higher-ranked schools so I'm not sure what this means.

xandra_v

Bronze
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xandra_v » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:02 am

LawTweet wrote:So I never got a feeler email and never heard anything about money. Should I assume I got nothing? I got money at some higher-ranked schools so I'm not sure what this means.


Did you submit all the forms?

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1456
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jjcorvino » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:04 am

xandra_v wrote:
LawTweet wrote:So I never got a feeler email and never heard anything about money. Should I assume I got nothing? I got money at some higher-ranked schools so I'm not sure what this means.


Did you submit all the forms?


I had to send my own feeler to them to get any sort of response, but I am not applying for need based so that may be why.

LawTweet

Bronze
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LawTweet » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:07 am

xandra_v wrote:
LawTweet wrote:So I never got a feeler email and never heard anything about money. Should I assume I got nothing? I got money at some higher-ranked schools so I'm not sure what this means.


Did you submit all the forms?


LOL I have no recollection of any forms. What are these are where would I have found them?

xandra_v

Bronze
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xandra_v » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:09 am

LawTweet wrote:
xandra_v wrote:
LawTweet wrote:So I never got a feeler email and never heard anything about money. Should I assume I got nothing? I got money at some higher-ranked schools so I'm not sure what this means.


Did you submit all the forms?


LOL I have no recollection of any forms. What are these are where would I have found them?


Well there's FAFSA/CSS, but also the Yellow Form. You should be able to google it to get to the financial aid page, but then it will prompt you to login

LawTweet

Bronze
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LawTweet » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:14 am

xandra_v wrote:
LawTweet wrote:
xandra_v wrote:
LawTweet wrote:So I never got a feeler email and never heard anything about money. Should I assume I got nothing? I got money at some higher-ranked schools so I'm not sure what this means.


Did you submit all the forms?


LOL I have no recollection of any forms. What are these are where would I have found them?


Well there's FAFSA/CSS, but also the Yellow Form. You should be able to google it to get to the financial aid page, but then it will prompt you to login


Are you required to submit this to be considered for merit money?

xandra_v

Bronze
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xandra_v » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:15 am

LawTweet wrote:
xandra_v wrote:
LawTweet wrote:
xandra_v wrote:
LawTweet wrote:So I never got a feeler email and never heard anything about money. Should I assume I got nothing? I got money at some higher-ranked schools so I'm not sure what this means.


Did you submit all the forms?


LOL I have no recollection of any forms. What are these are where would I have found them?


Well there's FAFSA/CSS, but also the Yellow Form. You should be able to google it to get to the financial aid page, but then it will prompt you to login


Are you required to submit this to be considered for merit money?


From what I understand, yes.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests