Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:29 pm

anrf1225 wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Checked MyAccess, and my requirements tab under Financial Aid for 2017-18 has changed.
My sole requirement now (which has been there forever) is to complete Federal Plus Loan Entrance Interview.

But under "Satisfied Requirements" my Law Finaid app now appears as completed as of yesterday (I completed the form in late Feb/early March, if I'm not mistaken). I'm guessing this means I did not get the PILS lol


where are you checking this? is myaccess something you navigate to from admitted students website?


myaccess.georgetown.edu

use the netID they give you on the admitted students site. think you need to just register the net ID and set up a password first (which you do from the admitted students site)

anrf1225

New
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:19 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby anrf1225 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:41 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
anrf1225 wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Checked MyAccess, and my requirements tab under Financial Aid for 2017-18 has changed.
My sole requirement now (which has been there forever) is to complete Federal Plus Loan Entrance Interview.

But under "Satisfied Requirements" my Law Finaid app now appears as completed as of yesterday (I completed the form in late Feb/early March, if I'm not mistaken). I'm guessing this means I did not get the PILS lol


where are you checking this? is myaccess something you navigate to from admitted students website?


myaccess.georgetown.edu

use the netID they give you on the admitted students site. think you need to just register the net ID and set up a password first (which you do from the admitted students site)


awesome thanks! i had no idea you could check there. now i have another thing to worry about! lol i submitted my fin aid around early march and its still under unsatisfied requirements :?

Talaysay

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:49 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Talaysay » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:44 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
anrf1225 wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Checked MyAccess, and my requirements tab under Financial Aid for 2017-18 has changed.
My sole requirement now (which has been there forever) is to complete Federal Plus Loan Entrance Interview.

But under "Satisfied Requirements" my Law Finaid app now appears as completed as of yesterday (I completed the form in late Feb/early March, if I'm not mistaken). I'm guessing this means I did not get the PILS lol


where are you checking this? is myaccess something you navigate to from admitted students website?


myaccess.georgetown.edu

use the netID they give you on the admitted students site. think you need to just register the net ID and set up a password first (which you do from the admitted students site)



FWIW, they haven't made (all or maybe any) PILS decisions. From what I understand it'll be in the next week or two. You can PM me for how I know if you want:)

User avatar
jlc058

Bronze
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:38 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jlc058 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:54 am

MrSam wrote:
lmcghee wrote:i know the the website says that the financial aid deadline is mid march...has anyone found a more precise date our forms have to be completed by? thanks!


Priority filing for CSS and FAFSA were March 15th - double-check for FAFSA...not entirely sure about that one. I called to ask about the Yellow Form. I was told the priority deadline for that was also the 15th, but the guy I spoke with didn't sound too certain. He did say that if I submit prior to the end of the month, I should be fine.


Does the "if you submit prior to the end of the month you will probably be fine" thought only apply to the yellow form, or to CSS too? My parents have been seriously dragging their feet on CSS I'm just trying to get it in before April...

shawn87654321

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:38 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby shawn87654321 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:09 pm

For those that use the ASW trick, any consensus on what day of the week these changes come or is it inconsistent?

Had an alumni interview 2 weeks ago and have been incessantly trying to retrieve username/password for the last week. :cry:

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:21 pm

has no one yet heard re: PILS?
pretty confused because we're really close to april now.

zyxbhsf

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:33 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby zyxbhsf » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:02 pm

shawn87654321 wrote:For those that use the ASW trick, any consensus on what day of the week these changes come or is it inconsistent?

Had an alumni interview 2 weeks ago and have been incessantly trying to retrieve username/password for the last week. :cry:


Same boat. Had my alumni interview on March 10.

User avatar
futureellewoods123

Bronze
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:38 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby futureellewoods123 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:07 pm

zyxbhsf wrote:
shawn87654321 wrote:For those that use the ASW trick, any consensus on what day of the week these changes come or is it inconsistent?

Had an alumni interview 2 weeks ago and have been incessantly trying to retrieve username/password for the last week. :cry:


Same boat. Had my alumni interview on March 10.


Same

User avatar
88234

Bronze
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 88234 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:53 pm

Successfully negotiated, bumping it up by 10k/year.

fazzvm56

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby fazzvm56 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:02 pm

88234 wrote:Successfully negotiated, bumping it up by 10k/year.


What school did you use to do this?

User avatar
88234

Bronze
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 88234 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:09 pm

fazzvm56 wrote:
88234 wrote:Successfully negotiated, bumping it up by 10k/year.


What school did you use to do this?


PM'd

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dietcoke1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:09 pm

88234 wrote:
fazzvm56 wrote:
88234 wrote:Successfully negotiated, bumping it up by 10k/year.


What school did you use to do this?


PM'd


can you PM me as well please

wildquest8200

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby wildquest8200 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:10 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
88234 wrote:
fazzvm56 wrote:
88234 wrote:Successfully negotiated, bumping it up by 10k/year.


What school did you use to do this?


PM'd


can you PM me as well please


+1 sorry thank you!

User avatar
Shakawkaw

Gold
Posts: 4807
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Shakawkaw » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:15 pm

wildquest8200 wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
88234 wrote:
fazzvm56 wrote:
88234 wrote:Successfully negotiated, bumping it up by 10k/year.


What school did you use to do this?


PM'd


can you PM me as well please


+1 sorry thank you!

+2 thanks!

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:21 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
wildquest8200 wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
88234 wrote:
fazzvm56 wrote:
88234 wrote:Successfully negotiated, bumping it up by 10k/year.


What school did you use to do this?


PM'd


can you PM me as well please


+1 sorry thank you!

+2 thanks!

Also curious

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:41 pm

I'm pretty sure Georgetown's is the highest deposit by far. $1,000? biiiiiiiiitchhhh

Image

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby goldenbear2020 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:48 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:I'm pretty sure Georgetown's is the highest deposit by far. $1,000? biiiiiiiiitchhhh

Georgetown has $2,500 in deposits ($1,000 + $1,500), while GW has $3,000 in deposits ($500 + $1,000 + $1,500). :shock:

User avatar
speedofthought

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby speedofthought » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:50 pm

Has anybody heard about admission into the Business Law Scholars program?

Also, I haven't received a real response of any kind to any email I've sent to admissions since being admitted (just the auto-response), including when I've asked for more information regarding merit scholarship consideration (as a secondary inquiry on a couple of emails earlier this month and then as its own email earlier this week). Has anybody who has emailed regarding scholarship consideration after that first wave heard back at all?

heyya0909

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:40 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby heyya0909 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:52 pm

88234 wrote:
fazzvm56 wrote:
88234 wrote:Successfully negotiated, bumping it up by 10k/year.


What school did you use to do this?


PM'd


I'm also curious. Can you PM me as well? Thank you so much!!!!

intlbr

Bronze
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby intlbr » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:42 pm

Does anybody know if the ASW trick only works if you are interviewed?

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby goldenbear2020 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:45 pm

intlbr wrote:Does anybody know if the ASW trick only works if you are interviewed?

The ASW trick works regardless of having interviewed or not.

intlbr

Bronze
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby intlbr » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:47 pm

goldenbear2020 wrote:
intlbr wrote:Does anybody know if the ASW trick only works if you are interviewed?

The ASW trick works regardless of having interviewed or not.

Thanks! And how long after being "complete" can I assume I was dinged if it is not working?

User avatar
feefeeriri

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby feefeeriri » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:48 pm

88234 wrote:Successfully negotiated, bumping it up by 10k/year.



PM please

chamyleon

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chamyleon » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:24 pm

Sorry if this has already been asked, but should I wait until after submitting my Yellow App to email them asking for scholarships?

Edit: I'm asking because I kind of need a response soon due to other seat deposit deadlines and because I don't have access to change my credentials yet.

JordanLaw15

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby JordanLaw15 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:44 pm

feefeeriri wrote:
88234 wrote:Successfully negotiated, bumping it up by 10k/year.



PM please


+1 pleaseeee



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], mtleaf and 18 guests