Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
xandra_v

Bronze
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xandra_v » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:10 pm

mm2368 wrote:
xandra_v wrote:
mm2368 wrote:
pizzagoblin wrote:Anyone else having trouble accessing the "Yellow" scholarship form? Website says I don't have access to the page.

Won't be available for another two weeks.


I filled mine out today!


Their email from two days ago says "wait a week or two" lol ... weird. I guess I'll try again tomorrow! Thanks for sharing


Classic GT (I was SFS undergrad too!)

ZVBXRPL

Silver
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ZVBXRPL » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:50 am

utnyc44 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:So group interviewees were promised two week turnaround. Can anyone vouch for this timeline?


+1

Interviewed in Dallas (two weeks ago tomorrow) and haven't heard anything.

OK, well keep in touch with us re when you get accepted!

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:03 am

so the financial aid app is now open on the admitted students site?

xandra_v

Bronze
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xandra_v » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:47 am

chargers21 wrote:so the financial aid app is now open on the admitted students site?


yup! https://www.law.georgetown.edu/admissio ... New-JD.cfm

You have to establish your credentials within the admitted students site first and then use them to login to the form!

hokieExpress

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hokieExpress » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:10 am

The ASW trick worked, but I am skeptical about accepting that I am admitted. I got an email from the dean which was just an automated email after I accessed ASW for the first time. Should I be expecting an email/snail mail that I am in?

hokieExpress

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hokieExpress » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:14 am

Talaysay wrote:Hey, is there anyone else on this forum who is a part-time admitted student? Would love to chat with some of the other "olds" who are maybe making decisions between Gtown & other schools! I'm admitted at and visited Berkeley, and what really struck me sitting on classes at Berkeley was how YOUNG every single person in the room was compared to me. I'm wondering what other 30s+ students might be considering as they make their decisions.


Not sure what you criteria for OLD is but I am 26 (older than most LS students I guess) and doing the PT program. Feel free to PM with any questions. Committed to G'town.

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Instrumental » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:16 am

hokieExpress wrote:The ASW trick worked, but I am skeptical about accepting that I am admitted. I got an email from the dean which was just an automated email after I accessed ASW for the first time. Should I be expecting an email/snail mail that I am in?

Yeah, I got my acceptance letter in the mail the day after I did that trick.

hokieExpress

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hokieExpress » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:17 am

anrf1225 wrote:has anyone been able to access the yellow grant and loan application?


Can you please elaborate on what the yellow grant is?

hokieExpress

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hokieExpress » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:24 am

floatie wrote:
pizzagoblin wrote:Anyone know if the commute from Baltimore to Georgetown would be doable? I know it isn't ideal, but wondering if it's realistic.


Are you talking about commuting on a daily basis? If so, I would say its doable but inconvenient. The MARC train is great (a lot nicer/cleaner than the metro) but you're still stuck to the set MARC schedule, you're looking at $14 a day round trip, and it might hamper with your ability to stay on campus later in the evening. I had a colleague who did it, and the commute was close to an hour each day, which is manageable if you're working a 9-5 job but not when you need to study, too. Plus, while it doesn't happen often, delays on the MARC train are hellish, and worse than what I've experienced on the DC metro.


Great information^

Only thing I will add is the MARC takes you to Union Station, DC's metro red line. You would then need to either metro to campus or Uber. Do people from Baltimore commute to DC? YES. Do they bitch about it? YES

hokieExpress

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hokieExpress » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:25 am

Instrumental wrote:
hokieExpress wrote:The ASW trick worked, but I am skeptical about accepting that I am admitted. I got an email from the dean which was just an automated email after I accessed ASW for the first time. Should I be expecting an email/snail mail that I am in?

Yeah, I got my acceptance letter in the mail the day after I did that trick.

THANKS. Although it seems like I am in, I'll hold off on making it public information until the letter. Was it a letter or a package? Asking b/c some schools sent a huge package along with their acceptance letter.

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Instrumental » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:39 am

hokieExpress wrote:
Instrumental wrote:
hokieExpress wrote:The ASW trick worked, but I am skeptical about accepting that I am admitted. I got an email from the dean which was just an automated email after I accessed ASW for the first time. Should I be expecting an email/snail mail that I am in?

Yeah, I got my acceptance letter in the mail the day after I did that trick.

THANKS. Although it seems like I am in, I'll hold off on making it public information until the letter. Was it a letter or a package? Asking b/c some schools sent a huge package along with their acceptance letter.

No package, it's just the letter.

User avatar
floatie

Silver
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby floatie » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:48 am

hokieExpress wrote: Only thing I will add is the MARC takes you to Union Station, DC's metro red line. You would then need to either metro to campus or Uber. Do people from Baltimore commute to DC? YES. Do they bitch about it? YES


Actually, Union Station is the "main" station for Georgetown Law (along with Judiciary Square and Gallery Place, but those are a little farther). It's about a 5-7 minute walk to Georgetown Law from Union Station. So that part of the MARC commute actually works out perfectly :)

utnyc44

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby utnyc44 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:01 am

ZVBXRPL wrote:
utnyc44 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:So group interviewees were promised two week turnaround. Can anyone vouch for this timeline?


+1

Interviewed in Dallas (two weeks ago tomorrow) and haven't heard anything.

OK, well keep in touch with us re when you get accepted!


Will certainly let y'all know either way! But I appreciate the confidence :)

pizzagoblin

Bronze
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pizzagoblin » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:18 am

hokieExpress wrote:
floatie wrote:
pizzagoblin wrote:Anyone know if the commute from Baltimore to Georgetown would be doable? I know it isn't ideal, but wondering if it's realistic.


Are you talking about commuting on a daily basis? If so, I would say its doable but inconvenient. The MARC train is great (a lot nicer/cleaner than the metro) but you're still stuck to the set MARC schedule, you're looking at $14 a day round trip, and it might hamper with your ability to stay on campus later in the evening. I had a colleague who did it, and the commute was close to an hour each day, which is manageable if you're working a 9-5 job but not when you need to study, too. Plus, while it doesn't happen often, delays on the MARC train are hellish, and worse than what I've experienced on the DC metro.


Great information^

Only thing I will add is the MARC takes you to Union Station, DC's metro red line. You would then need to either metro to campus or Uber. Do people from Baltimore commute to DC? YES. Do they bitch about it? YES


Thanks, guys! My SO decided not to pursue the Baltimore job after all.

User avatar
jlc058

Bronze
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:38 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jlc058 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:34 pm

hokieExpress wrote:
floatie wrote:
pizzagoblin wrote:Anyone know if the commute from Baltimore to Georgetown would be doable? I know it isn't ideal, but wondering if it's realistic.


Are you talking about commuting on a daily basis? If so, I would say its doable but inconvenient. The MARC train is great (a lot nicer/cleaner than the metro) but you're still stuck to the set MARC schedule, you're looking at $14 a day round trip, and it might hamper with your ability to stay on campus later in the evening. I had a colleague who did it, and the commute was close to an hour each day, which is manageable if you're working a 9-5 job but not when you need to study, too. Plus, while it doesn't happen often, delays on the MARC train are hellish, and worse than what I've experienced on the DC metro.


Great information^

Only thing I will add is the MARC takes you to Union Station, DC's metro red line. You would then need to either metro to campus or Uber. Do people from Baltimore commute to DC? YES. Do they bitch about it? YES


You can very easily walk from Union station to campus-5 minutes max. I commuted from Baltimore to DC for six months for work before I moved here. Did I hate it? yes. Would it be worth it if you are asking because you have a place to live for free in Baltimore and wouldnt have to take out loans for rent? possibly yes. it is long and definitely tiring after working all day and the delays actually happened a lot (at least in my experience) and it really sucks to be waiting for an hour for your only option to get back to Baltimore when all you want to do is be home already. But besides all that you could still work on the train, and it does bring you right to the school basically so if you can live in Baltimore for free I would definitely consider it

EDIT: just saw your post about your so not working in Baltimore anyway so disregard and please excuse my crap internet

texas95

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:19 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby texas95 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:26 pm

ZVBXRPL wrote:
utnyc44 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:So group interviewees were promised two week turnaround. Can anyone vouch for this timeline?


+1

Interviewed in Dallas (two weeks ago tomorrow) and haven't heard anything.

OK, well keep in touch with us re when you get accepted!

I'm also two weeks from my interview date (Dallas too) and still waiting.

utnyc44

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby utnyc44 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:31 pm

texas95 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:
utnyc44 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:So group interviewees were promised two week turnaround. Can anyone vouch for this timeline?


+1

Interviewed in Dallas (two weeks ago tomorrow) and haven't heard anything.

OK, well keep in touch with us re when you get accepted!

I'm also two weeks from my interview date (Dallas too) and still waiting.


Mind updating us when you hear? Good luck!

Anyone else waiting to hear from a group interview OR already heard back?

User avatar
tuesdayninja

Bronze
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tuesdayninja » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:31 pm

utnyc44 wrote:
texas95 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:
utnyc44 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:So group interviewees were promised two week turnaround. Can anyone vouch for this timeline?


+1

Interviewed in Dallas (two weeks ago tomorrow) and haven't heard anything.

OK, well keep in touch with us re when you get accepted!

I'm also two weeks from my interview date (Dallas too) and still waiting.


Mind updating us when you hear? Good luck!

Anyone else waiting to hear from a group interview OR already heard back?


I'm waiting but just interviewed on Wednesday

Kaylasvi

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:42 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Kaylasvi » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:44 pm

tuesdayninja wrote:
utnyc44 wrote:
texas95 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:
utnyc44 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:So group interviewees were promised two week turnaround. Can anyone vouch for this timeline?


+1

Interviewed in Dallas (two weeks ago tomorrow) and haven't heard anything.

OK, well keep in touch with us re when you get accepted!

I'm also two weeks from my interview date (Dallas too) and still waiting.


Mind updating us when you hear? Good luck!

Anyone else waiting to hear from a group interview OR already heard back?


I'm waiting but just interviewed on Wednesday


I did a group interview and was accepted last month, so I will say this: the problem with the 2 week turnaround is that they'll make a decision within two weeks, but they send it via snail mail so you probably won't actually get the decision until 3 or 4 weeks unless you are checking the ASW trick. So just keep that in mind and don't freak out if it's been 2 weeks!

ZVBXRPL

Silver
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ZVBXRPL » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:53 pm

Kaylasvi wrote:
tuesdayninja wrote:
utnyc44 wrote:
texas95 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:
utnyc44 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:So group interviewees were promised two week turnaround. Can anyone vouch for this timeline?


+1

Interviewed in Dallas (two weeks ago tomorrow) and haven't heard anything.

OK, well keep in touch with us re when you get accepted!

I'm also two weeks from my interview date (Dallas too) and still waiting.


Mind updating us when you hear? Good luck!

Anyone else waiting to hear from a group interview OR already heard back?


I'm waiting but just interviewed on Wednesday


I did a group interview and was accepted last month, so I will say this: the problem with the 2 week turnaround is that they'll make a decision within two weeks, but they send it via snail mail so you probably won't actually get the decision until 3 or 4 weeks unless you are checking the ASW trick. So just keep that in mind and don't freak out if it's been 2 weeks!

You made an important distinction. Thanks!

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:55 pm

PILS interview invite

Alive97

Bronze
Posts: 335
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:26 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Alive97 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:55 pm

.
Last edited by Alive97 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wildquest8200

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby wildquest8200 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:57 pm

mm2368 wrote:PILS interview invite


When were u admitted?

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:57 pm

wildquest8200 wrote:
mm2368 wrote:PILS interview invite


When were u admitted?


December

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:58 pm

mm2368 wrote:PILS interview invite


CONGRATS!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests