Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
musiclover123

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby musiclover123 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:22 pm

Instrumental wrote:Weird, so I just tried the ASW trick and it worked! They sent me a username and password. But then I tried it and it says it's an invalid username/pw combo. :\

About how long after this trick works do you get official word that you are accepted?


Same thing happened to me! I got my username and pw on a Monday, got my letter on Wed and my password worked by Friday!

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby goldenbear2020 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:43 pm

Instrumental wrote:Weird, so I just tried the ASW trick and it worked! They sent me a username and password. But then I tried it and it says it's an invalid username/pw combo. :\

About how long after this trick works do you get official word that you are accepted?

The snail mail goes out roughly the business day after the ASW trick works, so plan on another 1-3 days after that. The username/pw combo will be "invalid" for a few days, but receiving the username means you're in.

macaron0305

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby macaron0305 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:49 pm

Instrumental wrote:Weird, so I just tried the ASW trick and it worked! They sent me a username and password. But then I tried it and it says it's an invalid username/pw combo. :\

About how long after this trick works do you get official word that you are accepted?


Congrats!!! :):):):)

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Instrumental » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:59 pm

Thanks y'all, Georgetown is pretty high on my list personally so I'm really happy about this. First T14 acceptance.

ZVBXRPL

Silver
Posts: 586
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ZVBXRPL » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:57 pm

Instrumental wrote:Thanks y'all, Georgetown is pretty high on my list personally so I'm really happy about this. First T14 acceptance.

Did u group interview? If yes, where when?

Talaysay

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:49 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Talaysay » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:59 pm

Hey, is there anyone else on this forum who is a part-time admitted student? Would love to chat with some of the other "olds" who are maybe making decisions between Gtown & other schools! I'm admitted at and visited Berkeley, and what really struck me sitting on classes at Berkeley was how YOUNG every single person in the room was compared to me. I'm wondering what other 30s+ students might be considering as they make their decisions.

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Instrumental » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:11 pm

ZVBXRPL wrote:
Instrumental wrote:Thanks y'all, Georgetown is pretty high on my list personally so I'm really happy about this. First T14 acceptance.

Did u group interview? If yes, where when?

I didn't group interview, but it was two weeks ago to the day.

gizmo1024

Bronze
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:09 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby gizmo1024 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:14 pm

Instrumental wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:
Instrumental wrote:Thanks y'all, Georgetown is pretty high on my list personally so I'm really happy about this. First T14 acceptance.

Did u group interview? If yes, where when?

I didn't group interview, but it was two weeks ago to the day.


So you got the group invite but couldn't attend?

gizmo1024

Bronze
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:09 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby gizmo1024 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:16 pm

gizmo1024 wrote:
Instrumental wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:
Instrumental wrote:Thanks y'all, Georgetown is pretty high on my list personally so I'm really happy about this. First T14 acceptance.

Did u group interview? If yes, where when?

I didn't group interview, but it was two weeks ago to the day.


So you got the group invite but couldn't attend?


Wait I'm dumb. Realized this means you likely had an alumni interview. Got excited because I had a group interview invite but couldn't attend. :/

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Instrumental » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:32 pm

Sorry I wasn't clear, yeah, it was an interview with an alumnus.

lawapplicant2020

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:37 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawapplicant2020 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:15 pm

freekick wrote:Did anyone else apply for the Global Law Scholars program? If so, have you heard anything yet?



Also, do the decisions come out via email or snail mail?

latetothis

Bronze
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:38 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby latetothis » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:32 pm

.
Last edited by latetothis on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tinafeyclone

New
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tinafeyclone » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:26 pm

Has anyone contacted the office to see when initial scholly offers are given out?

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:47 pm

tinafeyclone wrote:Has anyone contacted the office to see when initial scholly offers are given out?


I haven't but I'm guessing we'll all hear not next week but the week after (13-17) just based on last year's thread. Not sure how it'll work for PILS prospective applicants though. I'd definitely check the Financial Aid tab on myaccess around the 13th or so if you haven't already heard officially as I'm sure the offer will get listed there as well (that's how it was for me in undergrad).

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jessmeesh » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:02 pm

Bunbury wrote:Hey guys, curious how splitters are faring with GULC this cycle?


I'm a mild splitter I guess. LSAT = Median. GPA < 25.

I'm on the regular waitlist.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:02 pm

so mad at myself for finding out only now about this global law scholars stuff. I passed proficiency at the SFS so that language eval form, which would have been my only hurdle, isn't even a hurdle.

should I still apply despite the priority deadline having passed

pizzagoblin

Bronze
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pizzagoblin » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:24 pm

Anyone else having trouble accessing the "Yellow" scholarship form? Website says I don't have access to the page.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:32 pm

pizzagoblin wrote:Anyone else having trouble accessing the "Yellow" scholarship form? Website says I don't have access to the page.

Won't be available for another two weeks.

harmcharm

New
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:26 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby harmcharm » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:11 pm

mm2368 wrote:so mad at myself for finding out only now about this global law scholars stuff. I passed proficiency at the SFS so that language eval form, which would have been my only hurdle, isn't even a hurdle.

should I still apply despite the priority deadline having passed


Why not? It's not like it's a hard deadline. Go for it!

xandra_v

Bronze
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xandra_v » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:19 pm

mm2368 wrote:
pizzagoblin wrote:Anyone else having trouble accessing the "Yellow" scholarship form? Website says I don't have access to the page.

Won't be available for another two weeks.


I filled mine out today!

Bunbury

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:05 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Bunbury » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:40 pm

jessmeesh wrote:
Bunbury wrote:Hey guys, curious how splitters are faring with GULC this cycle?


I'm a mild splitter I guess. LSAT = Median. GPA < 25.

I'm on the regular waitlist.


Thanks for sharing! I applied late in game but went with binding and am now holding my breath. Fingers crossed for both of us :)

ZVBXRPL

Silver
Posts: 586
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ZVBXRPL » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:44 pm

So group interviewees were promised two week turnaround. Can anyone vouch for this timeline?

utnyc44

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby utnyc44 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:23 pm

ZVBXRPL wrote:So group interviewees were promised two week turnaround. Can anyone vouch for this timeline?


+1

Interviewed in Dallas (two weeks ago tomorrow) and haven't heard anything.

ZVBXRPL

Silver
Posts: 586
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ZVBXRPL » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:39 pm

utnyc44 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:So group interviewees were promised two week turnaround. Can anyone vouch for this timeline?


+1

Interviewed in Dallas (two weeks ago tomorrow) and haven't heard anything.

Cornblatt said he spends a minimum of three hours on each admitted applicant. If he doesn't accept us, then he probably spent close to it at this rate.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:43 pm

xandra_v wrote:
mm2368 wrote:
pizzagoblin wrote:Anyone else having trouble accessing the "Yellow" scholarship form? Website says I don't have access to the page.

Won't be available for another two weeks.


I filled mine out today!


Their email from two days ago says "wait a week or two" lol ... weird. I guess I'll try again tomorrow! Thanks for sharing



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests