Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pleasesendhelp

Bronze

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pleasesendhelp » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:57 pm

lawlawlawzz wrote:
pleasesendhelp wrote:Not gonna lie, thought I was a shoo-in. Probably my lack of interest? Heard back second/third week of Jan about a week or so after my interview. Numbers aren't everything folks!

I'm sorry... I'm trying to ready myself for a ding. Tough.

Did they email you just today with the ding? I wonder how they're evaluating held applicants... Like, in what order, etc... I was held in early December and haven't heard anything yet.

Yeap, about an hour after I posted asking if anyone's heard lmao. The irony!

lawlawlawzz

New

Postby lawlawlawzz » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:01 pm

pleasesendhelp wrote:
lawlawlawzz wrote:
pleasesendhelp wrote:Not gonna lie, thought I was a shoo-in. Probably my lack of interest? Heard back second/third week of Jan about a week or so after my interview. Numbers aren't everything folks!

I'm sorry... I'm trying to ready myself for a ding. Tough.

Did they email you just today with the ding? I wonder how they're evaluating held applicants... Like, in what order, etc... I was held in early December and haven't heard anything yet.

Yeap, about an hour after I posted asking if anyone's heard lmao. The irony!

Dang:/ Well, best of luck with the rest of your cycle!

lula43

Bronze

Postby lula43 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:21 pm

In via ASW trick. Submitted 12/16, interviewed 1/31.

Instrumental

Silver

Postby Instrumental » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:28 pm

That'd be a shame if your interview is what hung you up since they claim that not accepting an interview doesn't hinder your chances. Best of luck moving forward. With your numbers, I imagine you'll end up somewhere very good!

EWofNell

Bronze

Postby EWofNell » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:50 pm

I just had my interview. I will admit... I am a little frustrated.

Interviewer asked where else I applied, where else I got in, where I have visited, what "Georgetown would need to do to get me to go there."

EXTREMELY uncomfortable. I offered up limited information, because it didn't really feel fair or like information I really wanted to give to the school necessarily, so I probably seemed short or maybe even uninterested.

We wasted a lot of time on questions like this instead of questions about me as an applicant or instead of giving me the opportunity to ask the interviewer questions about the school.

Don't write on TLS a lot but thought it was fair to warn people that maybe this could be something that happens to others during an interview.

I will not be surprised if I get dinged in the next few days.. even though my numbers put me at good chances.

charles117

Bronze

Postby charles117 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:07 pm

Last edited by charles117 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EWofNell

Bronze

Postby EWofNell » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:10 pm

charles117 wrote:
EWofNell wrote:I just had my interview. I will admit... I am a little frustrated.

Interviewer asked where else I applied, where else I got in, where I have visited, what "Georgetown would need to do to get me to go there."

EXTREMELY uncomfortable. I offered up limited information, because it didn't really feel fair or like information I really wanted to give to the school necessarily, so I probably seemed short or maybe even uninterested.

We wasted a lot of time on questions like this instead of questions about me as an applicant or instead of giving me the opportunity to ask the interviewer questions about the school.

Don't write on TLS a lot but thought it was fair to warn people that maybe this could be something that happens to others during an interview.

I will not be surprised if I get dinged in the next few days.. even though my numbers put me at good chances.

Was this an alumni interview or a group interview or something else?

Alumni

charles117

Bronze

Postby charles117 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:32 pm

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:38 pm

Anyone with good numbers for Gtown sitting without an interview invite? I applied in late December and have heard absolutely nothing back. Not sure if I should be worried or not

charles117

Bronze

Postby charles117 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:43 pm

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:00 pm

charles117 wrote:
RParadela wrote:Anyone with good numbers for Gtown sitting without an interview invite? I applied in late December and have heard absolutely nothing back. Not sure if I should be worried or not

do you live near a big city?

Sort of. I go to FSU but my home address is 20 mins north of Miami

charles117

Bronze

Postby charles117 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:14 pm

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Postby ZVBXRPL » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:31 pm

Those who did one: whats the group interview like?

jessmeesh

Bronze

Postby jessmeesh » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:07 am

EWofNell wrote:I just had my interview. I will admit... I am a little frustrated.

I had a pretty unsatisfying alumni interview too. I had a hell of a time scheduling it in the first place and then the day of I'm all set up for a skype interview, notes in front of me, etc etc and I'm 95% sure my interviewer was laying in bed when he just called my cell and just chit chatted. He apparently didn't have any of my application materials and didn't have any questions prepared. It was definitely a weird experience.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:39 am

RParadela wrote:
charles117 wrote:
RParadela wrote:Anyone with good numbers for Gtown sitting without an interview invite? I applied in late December and have heard absolutely nothing back. Not sure if I should be worried or not

I got in without an interview FWIW. And I think we have somewhat similar numbers if I remember correctly

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:46 am

chargers21 wrote:
RParadela wrote:
charles117 wrote:

I got in without an interview FWIW. And I think we have somewhat similar numbers if I remember correctly

Your LSAT is a little bit above mine but pretty similar.

Btw, Miami BigLaw is my goal too! Do you have ties to south Florida?

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:07 am

RParadela wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
RParadela wrote:
charles117 wrote:

If the miami part was directed towards me that is not my current goal. Going for Charlotte/Atlanta. No Florida ties

EWofNell

Bronze

Postby EWofNell » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:33 am

jessmeesh wrote:

I had a pretty unsatisfying alumni interview too. I had a hell of a time scheduling it in the first place and then the day of I'm all set up for a skype interview, notes in front of me, etc etc and I'm 95% sure my interviewer was laying in bed when he just called my cell and just chit chatted. He apparently didn't have any of my application materials and didn't have any questions prepared. It was definitely a weird experience.

I'm sorry this happened to you but thanks for sharing your experience. Just curious- have you heard back yet and was the result positive?

I'm just frustrated because I felt really thrown off by the interviewer and her attitude towards my other schools and even towards Georgetown. I'm worried that this interview will break my chances. But overall.. I guess you win some you lose you. Going to try not to lose sleep over it.

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:38 am

chargers21 wrote:
RParadela wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
RParadela wrote:
charles117 wrote:

If the miami part was directed towards me that is not my current goal. Going for Charlotte/Atlanta. No Florida ties

Derp. When scanning someone's previous couple of posts goes wrong

jessmeesh

Bronze

Postby jessmeesh » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:46 am

EWofNell wrote:
jessmeesh wrote:

I'm sorry this happened to you but thanks for sharing your experience. Just curious- have you heard back yet and was the result positive?

I'm just frustrated because I felt really thrown off by the interviewer and her attitude towards my other schools and even towards Georgetown. I'm worried that this interview will break my chances. But overall.. I guess you win some you lose you. Going to try not to lose sleep over it.

I was put "on hold" on 1/27. Interviewed 1/24. I'm supposed to hear back from the hold by 2/28. Seems like a lot of holds end up as a ding or WL. So I'm just waiting.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:42 am

RParadela wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
RParadela wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
RParadela wrote:
charles117 wrote:

Derp. When scanning someone's previous couple of posts goes wrong

haha it's all good, we're both going for secondary southern markets so we're both going to have to put in a little bit of legwork

jlc058

Bronze

Postby jlc058 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:25 am

mm2368 wrote:
88234 wrote:
mm2368 wrote:That was a nice email from Andy!

I'd have preferred a PILS invite.

+1

so has no one gotten the invite yet? maybe the whole process is going to be pushed back? seems kind of hard to send out invites next week and then somehow scramble to get all the interviews done before early march

Bronze

Postby 88234 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:26 am

jlc058 wrote:
mm2368 wrote:
88234 wrote:

+1

so has no one gotten the invite yet? maybe the whole process is going to be pushed back? seems kind of hard to send out invites next week and then somehow scramble to get all the interviews done before early march

That, or literally no one on TLS got an invite.

jlc058

Bronze

Postby jlc058 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:38 am

88234 wrote:
jlc058 wrote:
mm2368 wrote:
88234 wrote:

+1

That, or literally no one on TLS got an invite.

hmmm maybe the whole reason it is invitation only is so they can seriously limit the amount of apps and it is going to be so super small we will never even know. blerg

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:41 am

Starting to think, as mentioned above, that we're screwed for the PILS.
My understanding per the website was that some of us would be invited to submit an essay and then interviews would take place in March.

Is it the case that they just email people and auto-request an interview without some sort of additional application material? I know they changed the PILs program this year so I really don't know what to think.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?