Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
PDX4343

Silver
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby PDX4343 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:52 pm

hegotmoneyyyyy wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:FWIW I didn't get a feeler email when they went out, but I sent them an email myself basically just telling them I want to be considered for merit-based aid. They just got back to me with what I assume is similar to the feeler email since it asked me what level of funding would make a difference. Just thought I'd post that here in case anyone else is thinking about reaching out to them about this.


Did you email admissions or financial aid? I know there's some lawhotline email also but last time I emailed that one I never got a response


I emailed the lawhotline address since that's what they were using to send out feeler emails. I don't think I got a response the last time I sent them an email either, but this time I did.

User avatar
Sarastro

Bronze
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Sarastro » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:16 pm

PDX4343 wrote:
hegotmoneyyyyy wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:FWIW I didn't get a feeler email when they went out, but I sent them an email myself basically just telling them I want to be considered for merit-based aid. They just got back to me with what I assume is similar to the feeler email since it asked me what level of funding would make a difference. Just thought I'd post that here in case anyone else is thinking about reaching out to them about this.


Did you email admissions or financial aid? I know there's some lawhotline email also but last time I emailed that one I never got a response


I emailed the lawhotline address since that's what they were using to send out feeler emails. I don't think I got a response the last time I sent them an email either, but this time I did.

Anyone know when the next wave of feeler emails is supposed to be? If it's a couple days I guess I'll wait and see, but if it'll be another month I'll feel less bad being a little more aggressive and seeking them out.

hegotmoneyyyyy

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:53 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hegotmoneyyyyy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:54 pm

Sarastro wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
hegotmoneyyyyy wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:FWIW I didn't get a feeler email when they went out, but I sent them an email myself basically just telling them I want to be considered for merit-based aid. They just got back to me with what I assume is similar to the feeler email since it asked me what level of funding would make a difference. Just thought I'd post that here in case anyone else is thinking about reaching out to them about this.


Did you email admissions or financial aid? I know there's some lawhotline email also but last time I emailed that one I never got a response


I emailed the lawhotline address since that's what they were using to send out feeler emails. I don't think I got a response the last time I sent them an email either, but this time I did.

Anyone know when the next wave of feeler emails is supposed to be? If it's a couple days I guess I'll wait and see, but if it'll be another month I'll feel less bad being a little more aggressive and seeking them out.


I think someone said March. I was going to wait also but then there's no way of knowing for sure I would be in the next wave so I decided to email them anyway.

User avatar
pleasesendhelp

Bronze
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pleasesendhelp » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:02 pm

hegotmoneyyyyy wrote:
Sarastro wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
hegotmoneyyyyy wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:FWIW I didn't get a feeler email when they went out, but I sent them an email myself basically just telling them I want to be considered for merit-based aid. They just got back to me with what I assume is similar to the feeler email since it asked me what level of funding would make a difference. Just thought I'd post that here in case anyone else is thinking about reaching out to them about this.


Did you email admissions or financial aid? I know there's some lawhotline email also but last time I emailed that one I never got a response


I emailed the lawhotline address since that's what they were using to send out feeler emails. I don't think I got a response the last time I sent them an email either, but this time I did.

Anyone know when the next wave of feeler emails is supposed to be? If it's a couple days I guess I'll wait and see, but if it'll be another month I'll feel less bad being a little more aggressive and seeking them out.


I think someone said March. I was going to wait also but then there's no way of knowing for sure I would be in the next wave so I decided to email them anyway.


Students that were held were told they'd receive a decision by the end of this month so I think they'd send out more info after they decide.

cam1992

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:40 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cam1992 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:06 pm

goldenbear2020 wrote:
cam1992 wrote:
goldenbear2020 wrote:
cam1992 wrote:Questions about the accepted students trick

1) about how long after you apply does it work if it is going to work
2) what exactly is indicated if the trick does not work? Are you just not accepted all together or is it possible that you are WL or they just haven't made a decision yet?

1) Should be a couple days after an acceptance decision is made, since the acceptance letter has an earlier date than the website working. Could be a week or month after applying.
2) No decision yet. Keep trying until it does!



What will it do if I am not accepted? What is the difference between no decision yet and denial/WL?

Denial and WL are given by email, so assuming you haven't gotten that when you check the ASW, the possible scenarios are accepted (if given a login) or no decision made (if error message).


Thank you! Received an error message and have yet to receive any emails....so fingers are still crossed.

User avatar
Sarastro

Bronze
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Sarastro » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:12 pm

hegotmoneyyyyy wrote:
people wrote:things

I think someone said March. I was going to wait also but then there's no way of knowing for sure I would be in the next wave so I decided to email them anyway.

That's a long wait...
Would you mind PMing me how you phrased your email?

StopLawying

Silver
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby StopLawying » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:14 pm

So some people interviewed around 2 months ago and haven't heard back. Then there were the people who interviewed around the same time and got held.
This makes me think that the people who haven't heard back yet are in a better position than the held applicants. Those are the ppl they're really undecided about. The held people like me will probably be waitlisted/dinged. Just like a previous poster mentioned, I perused some of the older held threads from past years and coudn't find one candidate who got accepted. They were all either waitlisted/dinged. That's what I'm expecting at this point, an acceptance would really surprise me.

doneonedone

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:13 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby doneonedone » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:34 pm

StopLawying wrote:So some people interviewed around 2 months ago and haven't heard back. Then there were the people who interviewed around the same time and got held.
This makes me think that the people who haven't heard back yet are in a better position than the held applicants. Those are the ppl they're really undecided about. The held people like me will probably be waitlisted/dinged. Just like a previous poster mentioned, I perused some of the older held threads from past years and coudn't find one candidate who got accepted. They were all either waitlisted/dinged. That's what I'm expecting at this point, an acceptance would really surprise me.


I've been obsessively searching older forums too, and I haven't come across anybody who got accepted after more than three weeks of silence following their group interview. People have complained about not hearing back, but then they never post updates after they eventually do

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1456
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jjcorvino » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:06 pm

Anyone else going to ASD tomorrow?!

User avatar
skurfy

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby skurfy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:44 pm

Random note - my admission e-mail went to the Promotions folder in Gmail.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:21 pm

Just got the feeler email; I genuinely feel uncomfortable emailing them with my expectations, especially while I await/pray for their consideration for the Public Interest scholarship.

WIll I hurt my chances by emailing them? HELP

User avatar
88234

Bronze
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 88234 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:24 pm

Also just got the feeler.

User avatar
chandhi

Gold
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chandhi » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:07 pm

Just had my alumni interview half an hour ago. Too soon to start trying the ASW trick every four minutes?

harmcharm

New
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:26 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby harmcharm » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:17 pm

mm2368 wrote:Just got the feeler email; I genuinely feel uncomfortable emailing them with my expectations, especially while I await/pray for their consideration for the Public Interest scholarship.

WIll I hurt my chances by emailing them? HELP


I've had a lot of communication with Gtown this cycle (I was desperately afraid of YP), so I feel like I can confidently tell you that they are super accommodating, so email them, and be honest--that you hope to be considered for PILS, but you would still like to be considered for merit if you are not selected. And I'm pretty sure PILS is handled by another office, so I don't see how responding to the merit email would hurt your chances, especially if you reference your PILS hopes in the email (just in case Admissions show the PILS people).

paisa_sandia

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:21 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby paisa_sandia » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:44 pm

Just had my alumni interview. Sat down in his office and the dude literally said, "So I'll be straight up--they tell me to ask three questions: Why Law?, Why Georgetown?, and Why You? Go."

It lasted almost an hour though so I can't say it didn't go at least somewhat well.

StopLawying

Silver
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby StopLawying » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:12 pm

paisa_sandia wrote:Just had my alumni interview. Sat down in his office and the dude literally said, "So I'll be straight up--they tell me to ask three questions: Why Law?, Why Georgetown?, and Why You? Go."

It lasted almost an hour though so I can't say it didn't go at least somewhat well.


Dude sounds super chilled.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:06 am

harmcharm wrote:
mm2368 wrote:Just got the feeler email; I genuinely feel uncomfortable emailing them with my expectations, especially while I await/pray for their consideration for the Public Interest scholarship.

WIll I hurt my chances by emailing them? HELP


I've had a lot of communication with Gtown this cycle (I was desperately afraid of YP), so I feel like I can confidently tell you that they are super accommodating, so email them, and be honest--that you hope to be considered for PILS, but you would still like to be considered for merit if you are not selected. And I'm pretty sure PILS is handled by another office, so I don't see how responding to the merit email would hurt your chances, especially if you reference your PILS hopes in the email (just in case Admissions show the PILS people).



Thank you for this!! I responded; fingers crossed.

User avatar
charles117

Bronze
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby charles117 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:49 am

anyone who group interviewed recently (last two weeks) get in?

yuppitsme

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:10 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby yuppitsme » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:52 am

jjcorvino wrote:Anyone else going to ASD tomorrow?!

+1

patttt

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:45 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby patttt » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:02 am

paisa_sandia wrote:Just had my alumni interview. Sat down in his office and the dude literally said, "So I'll be straight up--they tell me to ask three questions: Why Law?, Why Georgetown?, and Why You? Go."

It lasted almost an hour though so I can't say it didn't go at least somewhat well.



Im so jealous. I had an awful interview experience with an interviewer who talked badly about Gtown and who seemed completely disinterested in interviewing people who wanted to go to the school. Anyone know if they get paid to do it?

User avatar
88234

Bronze
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 88234 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:19 am

Anyone going to the ASD March 2nd? PM me!

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:38 pm

what is the deal with the PILS?!
they plan to make final offers after interviews in early march and it's already feb 10.
yes, i'm being extra!

User avatar
nerdylsat

Bronze
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:39 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby nerdylsat » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:02 pm

Got admitted in December and still haven't heard about merid aid. Do I need to request something specific or am I just not getting any?

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:13 pm

nerdylsat wrote:Got admitted in December and still haven't heard about merid aid. Do I need to request something specific or am I just not getting any?


As far as I know, no one has heard about merit aid yet.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:26 pm

That was a nice email from Andy!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests