Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lula43

Bronze

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lula43 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:05 pm

Have folks received confirmation among completion of your alumni interview? What does the process look like from here?

Chipotle85

Bronze

Postby Chipotle85 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:36 pm

Responded to the scholarship email. If anyone wants to compare notes PM me lol

Legalstudent111

New

Postby Legalstudent111 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:03 pm

Last edited by Legalstudent111 on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

j2sh

New

Postby j2sh » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Have any of the held people heard anything at all?

jessmeesh

Bronze

Postby jessmeesh » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:38 pm

j2sh wrote:Have any of the held people heard anything at all?

I was put on hold on 1/27. Nothing so far.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:45 pm

Chipotle85 wrote:Responded to the scholarship email. If anyone wants to compare notes PM me lol

Lol, I only have two other scholarships so far and they're from higher-ranked schools so I wasn't sure if they'd be considered peer schools and just kind of threw out a number that seemed somewhat reasonable based on LSN...... I knew better than to ask for a full scholly. My stats aren't meant for that

musiclover123

New

Postby musiclover123 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:12 pm

nike12345 wrote:Group interview applicants week of 1/23, anyone heard back (either via email, ASW trick, or letter)? I want to prepare myself for whatever news is coming haha

wondering the same regarding alumni interviews!

jdanz

Bronze

Postby jdanz » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:29 pm

I responded to the feeler e-mail. I mentioned an offer that I have from another t-14 and basically asked for a full. I don't know if my stats would actually be enough for that though but we will see

hernandp

New

Postby hernandp » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:00 pm

My stats are on the lower end for Georgetown. Not sure why they would send it to me except maybe because of my interest in public interest law. Does anyone know if that scholarship email has anything to do with the Public Interest law Scholars Program? Should I mention that I want to be considered for that scholarship in this email? So far I only have scholarship information from lower ranked schools.

lawlawlawzz

New

Postby lawlawlawzz » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:36 pm

I wonder how many people have been placed on hold by GULC? Seems to be quite a few, despite the email saying that "only a small number" have their applications held. Also praying for a decision sooner than February 28th... Not necessarily dying for an acceptance, just done with the anxiety of uncertainty. This decision will likely determine whether or not I take another year off...

StopLawying

Silver

Postby StopLawying » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:05 pm

lawlawlawzz wrote:I wonder how many people have been placed on hold by GULC? Seems to be quite a few, despite the email saying that "only a small number" have their applications held. Also praying for a decision sooner than February 28th... Not necessarily dying for an acceptance, just done with the anxiety of uncertainty. This decision will likely determine whether or not I take another year off...

I've been held also, and that wait is absolutely killing me since Georgetown is a top choice. I read through past years threads and it seems to me that very few people are accepted when their application is deferred. Most of us will probably get preferred waitlisted/reg waitlisted/ dinged. It sucks.

Had the chance to speak with an admissions officer today at the school and he told me that they're projecting 9,500 applicants this year, more than last. That doesn't help us. He also stressed the importance of applying early in the cycle (before Nov), and that applicants who apply later are at a disadvantage since the school gets so many applications in Dec/Jan.

Lifeshouldbehappy

New

Postby Lifeshouldbehappy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:36 pm

lawlawlawzz wrote:I wonder how many people have been placed on hold by GULC? Seems to be quite a few, despite the email saying that "only a small number" have their applications held. Also praying for a decision sooner than February 28th... Not necessarily dying for an acceptance, just done with the anxiety of uncertainty. This decision will likely determine whether or not I take another year off...

May I ask if you were offered an alumni interview? And I assume you are ED? Thanks!

lawlawlawzz

New

Postby lawlawlawzz » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:59 pm

Lifeshouldbehappy wrote:

May I ask if you were offered an alumni interview? And I assume you are ED? Thanks!

I had an alumni interview. No, I did not apply ED.

lawlawlawzz

New

Postby lawlawlawzz » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:04 pm

StopLawying wrote:

I've been held also, and that wait is absolutely killing me since Georgetown is a top choice. I read through past years threads and it seems to me that very few people are accepted when their application is deferred. Most of us will probably get preferred waitlisted/reg waitlisted/ dinged. It sucks.

Had the chance to speak with an admissions officer today at the school and he told me that they're projecting 9,500 applicants this year, more than last. That doesn't help us. He also stressed the importance of applying early in the cycle (before Nov), and that applicants who apply later are at a disadvantage since the school gets so many applications in Dec/Jan.

Hmm... That all makes sense. If very few people are accepted off holds, the email seems a tiny bit misleading... "Small number" of holds versus "a number" of acceptances makes me think that there's a decent amount of good news for folks! haha.

Lifeshouldbehappy

New

Postby Lifeshouldbehappy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:14 pm

lawlawlawzz wrote:
Lifeshouldbehappy wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I applied ED and am waiting for my alumni interview. Hope you hear back soon with something good!

lawlawlawzz

New

Postby lawlawlawzz » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:19 pm

Lifeshouldbehappy wrote:
lawlawlawzz wrote:
Lifeshouldbehappy wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I applied ED and am waiting for my alumni interview. Hope you hear back soon with something good!

Thank you! Best of luck with your interview!

Lifeshouldbehappy

New

Postby Lifeshouldbehappy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:23 pm

lawlawlawzz wrote:
Lifeshouldbehappy wrote:
lawlawlawzz wrote:
Lifeshouldbehappy wrote:

Thank you! Best of luck with your interview!

pleasesendhelp

Bronze

Postby pleasesendhelp » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:36 pm

lawlawlawzz wrote:
StopLawying wrote:

Hmm... That all makes sense. If very few people are accepted off holds, the email seems a tiny bit misleading... "Small number" of holds versus "a number" of acceptances makes me think that there's a decent amount of good news for folks! haha.

Ha, I thought the opposite. "A number" could be 2. If it's any consolation I did ask about being held in the MS9 thread and he said that held applicants are often accepted and preferable to being on WL. At least we have a clear date on when they'll notify us by.

futureellewoods123

Bronze

Postby futureellewoods123 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:31 pm

Checking in. Just submitted a couple days ago, good luck everyone!

lawlawlawzz

New

Postby lawlawlawzz » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:18 pm

pleasesendhelp wrote:
lawlawlawzz wrote:
StopLawying wrote:

Ha, I thought the opposite. "A number" could be 2. If it's any consolation I did ask about being held in the MS9 thread and he said that held applicants are often accepted and preferable to being on WL. At least we have a clear date on when they'll notify us by.

I suppose so... Although, "a number" could also be 100! A "small number" could be 2 as well, but it would be unlikely to be 100. I suppose it's all relative, though. Who knows.

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:22 pm

I didn't get the feeler email.
Do those come in waves?

Christinabruin

Bronze

Postby Christinabruin » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:13 am

mm2368 wrote:I didn't get the feeler email.
Do those come in waves?

I didn't get one either and I think someone mentioned earlier that they come in waves! Hope there's another one coming soon :roll: accepted back in November

Skye94

New

Postby Skye94 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:45 am

deleted
Last edited by Skye94 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

latinxlawschool2020

New

Postby latinxlawschool2020 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 am

In since December 12th (URM) , no scholarship info just yet ? Anyone else ?? :cry: I needs the $$$

goldenbear2020

Silver

Postby goldenbear2020 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:47 am

latinxlawschool2020 wrote:In since December 12th (URM) , no scholarship info just yet ? Anyone else ?? :cry: I needs the $$$

Judging from last year's thread, GULC makes the scholly offers all at once in early March.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?