Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Lapp03

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:46 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Lapp03 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:35 am

First T-14 acceptance! For the info junkie's - Submitted 12/15 and was waiting on a Dec score. Way below LSAT 25th and no reportable GPA, no interview or why Gtown essay.

Pretty excited :D

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RParadela » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:01 am

Where..... Are these acceptances coming from?!

sonyco

New
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:15 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sonyco » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:15 pm

.
Last edited by sonyco on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mysterycat2020

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:18 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mysterycat2020 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:19 pm

janereacher wrote:I also got a quick turnaround - submitted 1/9, no interview, no "Why." <25th on both. I hadn't even status checked. Just got a letter in the mail. Pretty excited!


Hey, that's awesome congrats! Did your status checker change do DLS?

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RParadela » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:20 pm

sonyco wrote:
RParadela wrote:Where..... Are these acceptances coming from?!

They've been expediting URMs.


Ahh shit, I was getting excited because I thought maybe my decision would be coming soon.

Really wished Cuban counted as URM :x

janereacher

New
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:12 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby janereacher » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:33 pm

mysterycat2020 wrote:
janereacher wrote:I also got a quick turnaround - submitted 1/9, no interview, no "Why." <25th on both. I hadn't even status checked. Just got a letter in the mail. Pretty excited!


Hey, that's awesome congrats! Did your status checker change do DLS?



Thanks! No - it still just says "Application Completed." No other dates filled in and the "Mailings" section is totally blank.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:27 pm

mysterycat2020 wrote:
janereacher wrote:I also got a quick turnaround - submitted 1/9, no interview, no "Why." <25th on both. I hadn't even status checked. Just got a letter in the mail. Pretty excited!


Hey, that's awesome congrats! Did your status checker change do DLS?

gtown doesn't update their status checker

treetops_rising

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:46 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby treetops_rising » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:38 pm

sonyco wrote:
RParadela wrote:Where..... Are these acceptances coming from?!

They've been expediting URMs.


These acceptance letters are dated from last week+. They must all be from the same decision making period and the timeline is obvi distorted because of snail mail + lack of status checker updates.

Also plenty of non-URMs in this "wave"

sonyco

New
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:15 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sonyco » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:46 pm

.
Last edited by sonyco on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jlet0314

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:48 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jlet0314 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:15 pm

is the scholly consensus that they'll send out feeler emails in feb?

User avatar
Stephylynette

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Stephylynette » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:19 pm

A conspiracy theory I've been thinking about for a couple of weeks:

What if the interviews they make people go through aren't really for an acceptance/denial/WL. What if they're secretly scholarship interviews?

What if the people with quick turn around, no Why Gtown essay, no interview, and below 25th stats are getting accepted so fast bc they know they're not gonna give those people money and they interview the ones who are in the running for scholarships??

I could be way off but these are the things I think about and I felt the need to vent.

*full disclosure* I was accepted with <25th LSAT, no interview or why essay and within two weeks. I'm also an AA URM. I'm also paranoid. So... yeah. Do what you will with that.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:26 pm

.
Last edited by chargers21 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Stephylynette

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Stephylynette » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:29 pm

chargers21 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:A conspiracy theory I've been thinking about for a couple of weeks:

What if the interviews they make people go through aren't really for an acceptance/denial/WL. What if they're secretly scholarship interviews?

What if the people with quick turn around, no Why Gtown essay, no interview, and below 25th stats are getting accepted so fast bc they know they're not gonna give those people money and they interview the ones who are in the running for scholarships??

I could be way off but these are the things I think about and I felt the need to vent.

*full disclosure* I was accepted with <25th LSAT, no interview or why essay and within two weeks. I'm also an AA URM. I'm also paranoid. So... yeah. Do what you will with that.

median LSAT and above 75th gpa with no interview and no why gtown essay. I got accepted and feel pretty confident I'll get some scholarship money anyways. I don't think I got an interview because of my location


Fair enough. I *obvioulsy* hope we all get scholarship money. But my paranoia is getting to me and has got me thinking that fast turn around wasn't such a good thing.

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RParadela » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:38 pm

Stephylynette wrote:A conspiracy theory I've been thinking about for a couple of weeks:

What if the interviews they make people go through aren't really for an acceptance/denial/WL. What if they're secretly scholarship interviews?

What if the people with quick turn around, no Why Gtown essay, no interview, and below 25th stats are getting accepted so fast bc they know they're not gonna give those people money and they interview the ones who are in the running for scholarships??

I could be way off but these are the things I think about and I felt the need to vent.

*full disclosure* I was accepted with <25th LSAT, no interview or why essay and within two weeks. I'm also an AA URM. I'm also paranoid. So... yeah. Do what you will with that.


I think it might be more of a URM thing but not sure

StopLawying

Silver
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby StopLawying » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:05 pm

Anyone here that did the group interview in NYC this past Thursday/Friday?

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:16 pm

just to make sure I'm doing this correctly, are these the steps to follow to apply for financial aid? http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... New-JD.cfm

hernandp

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hernandp » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:49 pm

In! :D Received small envelope in mail and was very nervous to open it but it was good news! Letter was dated 1/17/17. No email has been sent! The letter tells me to check out the admitted student website and I tried logging in but I don't have the correct username. Waiting for them to email with login information.

Some stats:
GPA 3.8
LSAT 163
URM
Did not write optional essays
Submitted 12/10
Group Interview invitation 12/22
Group Interview on 1/10
Received acceptance letter on 1/21

User avatar
govlife

Bronze
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:41 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby govlife » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:19 pm

proteinshake wrote:just to make sure I'm doing this correctly, are these the steps to follow to apply for financial aid? http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... New-JD.cfm

It says at the top that those steps don't apply for 2017-2018, and that new info will be out later in the year. I tried to start the Profile, but it wasn't asking for parent info even though their website says they need it included. For now I just did the FAFSA and have been waiting for further information.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:48 pm

govlife wrote:
proteinshake wrote:just to make sure I'm doing this correctly, are these the steps to follow to apply for financial aid? http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... New-JD.cfm

It says at the top that those steps don't apply for 2017-2018, and that new info will be out later in the year. I tried to start the Profile, but it wasn't asking for parent info even though their website says they need it included. For now I just did the FAFSA and have been waiting for further information.

sounds good, thanks!

BobBoblaw

Bronze
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:43 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BobBoblaw » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:52 pm

Checking in. App went complete early January, interview invite last Thursday.

Foniks

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Foniks » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:15 pm

hernandp wrote:In! :D Received small envelope in mail and was very nervous to open it but it was good news! Letter was dated 1/17/17. No email has been sent! The letter tells me to check out the admitted student website and I tried logging in but I don't have the correct username. Waiting for them to email with login information.

Some stats:
GPA 3.8
LSAT 163
URM
Did not write optional essays
Submitted 12/10
Group Interview invitation 12/22
Group Interview on 1/10
Received acceptance letter on 1/21


You request the info from the first time login instructions. For me, it took about a day for it to actually work (overnight), even with the info I received in the email..

User avatar
tuesdayninja

Bronze
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tuesdayninja » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:09 am

Anyone in Chicago get an interview request?

User avatar
feefeeriri

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby feefeeriri » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:25 am

StopLawying wrote:Anyone here that did the group interview in NYC this past Thursday/Friday?


Yep just did it on Friday

thatguy2017

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:42 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby thatguy2017 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:01 pm

Has anyone who applied ED and was deferred to regular decision heard back yet?

turkeyncheese

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:27 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby turkeyncheese » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:40 pm

thatguy2017 wrote:Has anyone who applied ED and was deferred to regular decision heard back yet?


Wondering this too- I haven't heard back yet. It looks like some people from last year's thread heard back right around the Feb 28th date they gave us.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 16 guests