Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
hellohalo

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hellohalo » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:16 am

Doge866 wrote:Okay so quick question about the ASW trick.

I tried it and i got an email, however, i can't actually log in with the information they sent me. When i tried the username and password sent to me in the email it just said it was invalid. Did i do it right?


You are in. It needs a few days for your account to be activated. I had the same situation.

Doge866

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:12 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Doge866 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:38 am

hellohalo wrote:
Doge866 wrote:Okay so quick question about the ASW trick.

I tried it and i got an email, however, i can't actually log in with the information they sent me. When i tried the username and password sent to me in the email it just said it was invalid. Did i do it right?


You are in. It needs a few days for your account to be activated. I had the same situation.


Nice! Thanks for the info!

User avatar
PDX4343

Silver
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby PDX4343 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:42 am

legallyadog wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:My SO got me a Georgetown Law sweatshirt and t-shirt for Christmas, and they feel so right.


My mom got me a sweatshirt and it's genuinely my favorite gift this year


Haha mine too. I'm especially glad she didn't get me the 'hoya lawya' one.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4641
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:48 am

PDX4343 wrote:
legallyadog wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:My SO got me a Georgetown Law sweatshirt and t-shirt for Christmas, and they feel so right.


My mom got me a sweatshirt and it's genuinely my favorite gift this year


Haha mine too. I'm especially glad she didn't get me the 'hoya lawya' one.

I hate that phrase :roll:

User avatar
PDX4343

Silver
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby PDX4343 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:26 pm

proteinshake wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
legallyadog wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:My SO got me a Georgetown Law sweatshirt and t-shirt for Christmas, and they feel so right.


My mom got me a sweatshirt and it's genuinely my favorite gift this year


Haha mine too. I'm especially glad she didn't get me the 'hoya lawya' one.

I hate that phrase :roll:


It's so bad.

User avatar
haley12

Silver
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby haley12 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:30 pm

PDX4343 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
legallyadog wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:My SO got me a Georgetown Law sweatshirt and t-shirt for Christmas, and they feel so right.


My mom got me a sweatshirt and it's genuinely my favorite gift this year


Haha mine too. I'm especially glad she didn't get me the 'hoya lawya' one.

I hate that phrase :roll:


It's so bad.


Out of the loop... what does that mean?

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4641
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:36 pm

haley12 wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
legallyadog wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:My SO got me a Georgetown Law sweatshirt and t-shirt for Christmas, and they feel so right.


My mom got me a sweatshirt and it's genuinely my favorite gift this year


Haha mine too. I'm especially glad she didn't get me the 'hoya lawya' one.

I hate that phrase :roll:


It's so bad.


Out of the loop... what does that mean?

Hoya has something to do with the Georgetown mascot or something like that.

lawschool2017712

Bronze
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawschool2017712 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:13 pm

x
Last edited by lawschool2017712 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:28 pm

proteinshake wrote:
haley12 wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
legallyadog wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:My SO got me a Georgetown Law sweatshirt and t-shirt for Christmas, and they feel so right.


My mom got me a sweatshirt and it's genuinely my favorite gift this year


Haha mine too. I'm especially glad she didn't get me the 'hoya lawya' one.

I hate that phrase :roll:


It's so bad.


Out of the loop... what does that mean?

Hoya has something to do with the Georgetown mascot or something like that.


"Or something like that" :lol: It's exactly that!

They're the Georgetown Hoyas.

Hoya Lawya = corny way of saying Hoya Lawyer lol.

bgt1995

New
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bgt1995 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:40 pm

-
Last edited by bgt1995 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Harry Ass Truman

New
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:03 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Harry Ass Truman » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:17 pm

bgt1995 wrote:Anyone know how merit aid at Gtown works? their website doesn't say much... I was thinking of emailing.

+1

User avatar
PDX4343

Silver
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby PDX4343 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:18 pm

bgt1995 wrote:Anyone know how merit aid at Gtown works? their website doesn't say much... I was thinking of emailing.


They send out "feeler" emails in mid to late February to a select group of admits and ask them how much it would take to attend. From previous cycles, it sounds like if you don't get one of those emails then you should email them and they might include you in the next wave. I don't think they're working much on financial aid yet.

User avatar
Harry Ass Truman

New
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:03 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Harry Ass Truman » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:24 pm

PDX4343 wrote:
bgt1995 wrote:Anyone know how merit aid at Gtown works? their website doesn't say much... I was thinking of emailing.


They send out "feeler" emails in mid to late February to a select group of admits and ask them how much it would take to attend. From previous cycles, it sounds like if you don't get one of those emails then you should email them and they might include you in the next wave. I don't think they're working much on financial aid yet.

So if this is the case, would it be better to go to Jan or March ASW?

User avatar
PDX4343

Silver
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby PDX4343 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:47 pm

Harry Ass Truman wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
bgt1995 wrote:Anyone know how merit aid at Gtown works? their website doesn't say much... I was thinking of emailing.


They send out "feeler" emails in mid to late February to a select group of admits and ask them how much it would take to attend. From previous cycles, it sounds like if you don't get one of those emails then you should email them and they might include you in the next wave. I don't think they're working much on financial aid yet.

So if this is the case, would it be better to go to Jan or March ASW?


If you want to wait to see if you're getting any aid then I would go to the one in March. Otherwise I don't think it really matters all that much.

User avatar
call-me-bubbles

Bronze
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby call-me-bubbles » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:04 pm

.
Last edited by call-me-bubbles on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
pleasesendhelp

Bronze
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pleasesendhelp » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:43 pm

Got my individual alumni interview tomorrow. Not sure what to expect. I've been told that I need to have answers to why law and why GULC. Can anyone confirm or elaborate?

User avatar
PDX4343

Silver
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby PDX4343 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:10 pm

call-me-bubbles wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
bgt1995 wrote:Anyone know how merit aid at Gtown works? their website doesn't say much... I was thinking of emailing.


They send out "feeler" emails in mid to late February to a select group of admits and ask them how much it would take to attend. From previous cycles, it sounds like if you don't get one of those emails then you should email them and they might include you in the next wave. I don't think they're working much on financial aid yet.


How do you ask to be included in the next wave? I'm trying to prepare for the worst, but I'm not sure how I'd approach that. Like, "Hey guys, I know you sent some other people an e-mail and I wasn't invited to the party -- which is totally cool, no hard feelings! -- but I was wondering if, like, maybe... just... could I... well, could I get an invite next time? I need dat sweet ca$h."


Yeah I was wondering about that myself. I think I'm just going to tell them that Georgetown is my first choice, but that I can't attend for sticker price. Then I may float out some other offers I've received to give them a ballpark of what I'm looking for. Whether or not that'll work, I don't know. I don't think you would need to mention the first email wave, just use the timing of it to determine when you reach out.

tsporl

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tsporl » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:04 am

pleasesendhelp wrote:Got my individual alumni interview tomorrow. Not sure what to expect. I've been told that I need to have answers to why law and why GULC. Can anyone confirm or elaborate?


I had my alumni interview last week and those were both questions! I was also asked why I was interested in corporate law and a few questions about my resume. It was super laid back and my interviewer was very easy to talk to. Not intimidating at all. Just be yourself!

User avatar
pleasesendhelp

Bronze
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pleasesendhelp » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:28 am

tsporl wrote:
pleasesendhelp wrote:Got my individual alumni interview tomorrow. Not sure what to expect. I've been told that I need to have answers to why law and why GULC. Can anyone confirm or elaborate?


I had my alumni interview last week and those were both questions! I was also asked why I was interested in corporate law and a few questions about my resume. It was super laid back and my interviewer was very easy to talk to. Not intimidating at all. Just be yourself!


Lol a bit late, but still appreciated. You were right about the interview. I actually enjoyed it!

lawschool2017712

Bronze
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawschool2017712 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:52 pm

x
Last edited by lawschool2017712 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StopLawying

Silver
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby StopLawying » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:11 am

So Georgetown is one of my top choices. Submitted my app on 12/9 and did one of the optional essays. Mylsn.info showed that I had around a 75% chance getting in, but I didn't take into account submitting a late app. When I update the settings to only show candidates who submitted in December/January I have a 50/50 chance. This sucks, didn't realize the there's a huge disadvantage to submitting apps past November. The data doesn't lie.
Anyway, at the time, someone advised me not to write a "why Georgetown", saying that I should save my reasons for a LOCI if waitlisted. I'm beginning to think that was a mistake. Would it be okay to submit a "why Georgetown" after I already submitted my app? Or is it best to just wait and see what happens? I'd rather do everything I can possibly do to increase my chance of an acceptance than have to worry about fighting my way off a waitlist. Can anyone advise, would really appreciate it. Thanks!

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4641
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:14 am

StopLawying wrote:So Georgetown is one of my top choices. Submitted my app on 12/9 and did one of the optional essays. Mylsn.info showed that I had around a 75% chance getting in, but I didn't take into account submitting a late app. When I update the settings to only show candidates who submitted in December/January I have a 50/50 chance. This sucks, didn't realize the there's a huge disadvantage to submitting apps past November. The data doesn't lie.
Anyway, at the time, someone advised me not to write a "why Georgetown", saying that I should save my reasons for a LOCI if waitlisted. I'm beginning to think that was a mistake. Would it be okay to submit a "why Georgetown" after I already submitted my app? Or is it best to just wait and see what happens? I'd rather do everything I can possibly do to increase my chance of an acceptance than have to worry about fighting my way off a waitlist. Can anyone advise, would really appreciate it. Thanks!

but the data doesn't take into account the big drop in high scoring applicants compared to this time last cycle.

StopLawying

Silver
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby StopLawying » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:17 am

proteinshake wrote:
StopLawying wrote:So Georgetown is one of my top choices. Submitted my app on 12/9 and did one of the optional essays. Mylsn.info showed that I had around a 75% chance getting in, but I didn't take into account submitting a late app. When I update the settings to only show candidates who submitted in December/January I have a 50/50 chance. This sucks, didn't realize the there's a huge disadvantage to submitting apps past November. The data doesn't lie.
Anyway, at the time, someone advised me not to write a "why Georgetown", saying that I should save my reasons for a LOCI if waitlisted. I'm beginning to think that was a mistake. Would it be okay to submit a "why Georgetown" after I already submitted my app? Or is it best to just wait and see what happens? I'd rather do everything I can possibly do to increase my chance of an acceptance than have to worry about fighting my way off a waitlist. Can anyone advise, would really appreciate it. Thanks!

but the data doesn't take into account the big drop in high scoring applicants compared to this time last cycle.


How big of a drop are we talking?

User avatar
votebuilder1

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:53 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby votebuilder1 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:29 am

In! :D Been out of town. Just got the snail mail.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:45 am

StopLawying wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
StopLawying wrote:So Georgetown is one of my top choices. Submitted my app on 12/9 and did one of the optional essays. Mylsn.info showed that I had around a 75% chance getting in, but I didn't take into account submitting a late app. When I update the settings to only show candidates who submitted in December/January I have a 50/50 chance. This sucks, didn't realize the there's a huge disadvantage to submitting apps past November. The data doesn't lie.
Anyway, at the time, someone advised me not to write a "why Georgetown", saying that I should save my reasons for a LOCI if waitlisted. I'm beginning to think that was a mistake. Would it be okay to submit a "why Georgetown" after I already submitted my app? Or is it best to just wait and see what happens? I'd rather do everything I can possibly do to increase my chance of an acceptance than have to worry about fighting my way off a waitlist. Can anyone advise, would really appreciate it. Thanks!

but the data doesn't take into account the big drop in high scoring applicants compared to this time last cycle.


How big of a drop are we talking?


I forget the exact numbers, but it was a good enough drop to seem promising for people with the scores they're looking for.. However, we still don't know what the Dec. LSAT scores look like. But also, I think the drop in high scoring applicants might be good news for splitters but not so good news for candidates who don't have a score in that range that's been dropping or the high GPA.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests