Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
theothercat

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:36 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby theothercat » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:18 pm

$110k here as well, above both 75ths.

Lawschool305

Bronze
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Lawschool305 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:19 pm

Vandy gave me the same scholly as a T14.. Pretty disappointing. Was hoping this could be a cheap option right outside of the T14.

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Kopetz » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:19 pm

$30k here, <25th GPA and >>75th LSAT. Disappointed, but willing to negotiate. I think WUSTL may have given me unrealistic expectations.

User avatar
amberb94

Bronze
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:37 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby amberb94 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:20 pm

mrgstephe wrote:
amberb94 wrote:So if we applied for the law scholars merit scholarship and we get that, will it replace this one?


I'm thinkingg that for people who are offered VLMSA interviews, their offers will come after that. (at least I'm telling myself that's why I haven't gotten my offer email yet)


So the fact that I got my scholarship today means I won't get the merit scholarship?

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:21 pm

.
Last edited by addie1412 on Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

criley01

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby criley01 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:22 pm

amberb94 wrote:
mrgstephe wrote:
amberb94 wrote:So if we applied for the law scholars merit scholarship and we get that, will it replace this one?


I'm thinkingg that for people who are offered VLMSA interviews, their offers will come after that. (at least I'm telling myself that's why I haven't gotten my offer email yet)


So the fact that I got my scholarship today means I won't get the merit scholarship?


Not necessarily. Someone a few pages back said they were a former merit scholar: got a normal scholarship offer, followed by an interview request, and was told that if they got the merit scholarship it would replace their current offer.

User avatar
amberb94

Bronze
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:37 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby amberb94 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:23 pm

criley01 wrote:
amberb94 wrote:
mrgstephe wrote:
amberb94 wrote:So if we applied for the law scholars merit scholarship and we get that, will it replace this one?


I'm thinkingg that for people who are offered VLMSA interviews, their offers will come after that. (at least I'm telling myself that's why I haven't gotten my offer email yet)


So the fact that I got my scholarship today means I won't get the merit scholarship?


Not necessarily. Someone a few pages back said they were a former merit scholar: got a normal scholarship offer, followed by an interview request, and was told that if they got the merit scholarship it would replace their current offer.


Okay good.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:26 pm

Sounds like they might be lowballing.

User avatar
Stephylynette

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Stephylynette » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:26 pm

$110K Scholarship. More than I expected.

ray.bee

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ray.bee » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:27 pm

Thank the lord for Need-Based Aid!!! #LoveVandy

thatblondegirl

Bronze
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:47 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby thatblondegirl » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:27 pm

Vandy coming in strong with the scholly; and right in the range I was expecting! After receiving my UCLA offer I was starting to get a little worried.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:29 pm

thatblondegirl wrote:Vandy coming in strong with the scholly; and right in the range I was expecting! After receiving my UCLA offer I was starting to get a little worried.


I'm still waiting on my UCLA offer! Lol

User avatar
meeseeks

Silver
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:06 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby meeseeks » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:30 pm

Got my offer. 90k which matches Michigan's. I think this probably rules out Vandy for me as Michigan was one of my top choices already

User avatar
20172017

New
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:25 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 20172017 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:32 pm

Congrats to everyone who's gotten scholarship info today - just wondering if anything new shows up in the mailing section for you guys.

User avatar
amberb94

Bronze
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:37 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby amberb94 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:35 pm

20172017 wrote:Congrats to everyone who's gotten scholarship info today - just wondering if anything new shows up in the mailing section for you guys.


Nothing new in mine

User avatar
20172017

New
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:25 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 20172017 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:37 pm

amberb94 wrote:
20172017 wrote:Congrats to everyone who's gotten scholarship info today - just wondering if anything new shows up in the mailing section for you guys.


Nothing new in mine


Thank you! I guess I'll continue to be on the lookout for an email, then...

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:39 pm

$75k for me! My stupid MacBook mail app wasn't refreshing but I checked on the gmail website and got my email like half an hour ago :lol:

User avatar
tuesdayninja

Bronze
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tuesdayninja » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:47 pm

75, expected but happy!

User avatar
Babe-Loblaw

New
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:11 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Babe-Loblaw » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:50 pm

80k! Was hoping for 90 to throw at UT. I got the impression from the email that they don't really negotiate, though. :(

rozes

New
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:07 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby rozes » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:52 pm

75k with median LSAT and << 25 GPA. Pleased, but would've been comfortably pleased with 90k. (Would've been asking for too much.)

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:53 pm

Babe-Loblaw wrote:80k! Was hoping for 90 to throw at UT. I got the impression from the email that they don't really negotiate, though. :(


Wait, what? Where'd you get that from?

"As a result, it is not our practice to “match” or “compete” with awards from other schools. However, we are happy to discuss your cost of attending Vanderbilt in comparison to your other options and financing your legal education, including strategies for controlling borrowing and variable expenses. Please contact us at admissions@law.vanderbilt.edu with any questions or concerns you might have."

somedeadman

Bronze
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby somedeadman » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:56 pm

Still waiting on a decision....probably should stop checking TLS for my sanity's sake lol

User avatar
Babe-Loblaw

New
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:11 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Babe-Loblaw » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:05 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Babe-Loblaw wrote:80k! Was hoping for 90 to throw at UT. I got the impression from the email that they don't really negotiate, though. :(


Wait, what? Where'd you get that from?

"As a result, it is not our practice to “match” or “compete” with awards from other schools. However, we are happy to discuss your cost of attending Vanderbilt in comparison to your other options and financing your legal education, including strategies for controlling borrowing and variable expenses. Please contact us at admissions@law.vanderbilt.edu with any questions or concerns you might have."


Ugh, that's totally one of those things that's meant to keep the easily discouraged from not negotiating, isn't it? I mean, I was planning on trying to negotiate anyways, it just put a small damper on my hopes.

BostonOrBust

Bronze
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:25 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BostonOrBust » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:21 pm

somedeadman wrote:Still waiting on a decision....probably should stop checking TLS for my sanity's sake lol


Rite??? Everyone out here making it rain with scholly $$ and I'm just tryna get a decision. Convinced myself that maybe they were waiting on some people so they could deliver decision and $$ at the same time. Clearly not the case for me! :oops:

User avatar
floatie

Silver
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby floatie » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:24 pm

BostonOrBust wrote:
somedeadman wrote:Still waiting on a decision....probably should stop checking TLS for my sanity's sake lol


Rite??? Everyone out here making it rain with scholly $$ and I'm just tryna get a decision. Convinced myself that maybe they were waiting on some people so they could deliver decision and $$ at the same time. Clearly not the case for me! :oops:


I'm right there with you >.<



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests