Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
arklaw13

Gold
Posts: 1862
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby arklaw13 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:14 pm

notsolawful wrote:Does it matter that I'm too late to interview? I submitted recently. Normally, I should get in with my numbers


Interview isn't required by any means. You're fine.

User avatar
The_Lorax

Bronze
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:43 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby The_Lorax » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:46 pm

notsolawful wrote:Does it matter that I'm too late to interview? I submitted recently. Normally, I should get in with my numbers

Vandy 1L here who didn't even apply until late January or interview. You're fine

notsolawful

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby notsolawful » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:51 pm

The_Lorax wrote:
notsolawful wrote:Does it matter that I'm too late to interview? I submitted recently. Normally, I should get in with my numbers

Vandy 1L here who didn't even apply until late January or interview. You're fine

Can I pm you some questions?

User avatar
The_Lorax

Bronze
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:43 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby The_Lorax » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:53 pm

notsolawful wrote:
The_Lorax wrote:
notsolawful wrote:Does it matter that I'm too late to interview? I submitted recently. Normally, I should get in with my numbers

Vandy 1L here who didn't even apply until late January or interview. You're fine

Can I pm you some questions?

Sure thing

User avatar
The Abyss

Gold
Posts: 3380
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby The Abyss » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:18 pm

1L here that also applied late, didn't interview and got a good scholarship. If your numbers are good you'll be fine.


2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 2000andBeyond » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:03 pm

thistlybrick wrote:https://static.thenib.com/usq/1d97429f-4a64-4d52-bfdb-c36172c05228/this-is-not-fine-001-dae9d5.png

me rn


I want to write to Vandy and tell them it's my birthday AND Christmas on the same day. I would really appreciate hearing from them! :wink:

User avatar
dianersg

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:09 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dianersg » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:48 pm

Admitted yesterday! Interviewed 12/9, LSAT>75 and GPA>75.

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:53 pm

For current/former Vandy students, would you recommend renting a car for ASW to get around Nashville, or is it pretty easy to get around on foot most of the time and Uber/Lyft otherwise? Budgeting out my visit to Nashville right now and just trying to decide if that cost is worth it.

scott2016

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby scott2016 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:58 pm

.
Last edited by scott2016 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Peanutbutter

Diamond
Posts: 10168
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:48 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr. Peanutbutter » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:11 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:For current/former Vandy students, would you recommend renting a car for ASW to get around Nashville, or is it pretty easy to get around on foot most of the time and Uber/Lyft otherwise? Budgeting out my visit to Nashville right now and just trying to decide if that cost is worth it.



If you're staying within walking distance / a 5 minute drive, it's absolutely not worth renting a car. Uber is like $5 and both Uber and Lyft are popular and competitive there. Unless you plan on driving out to see the countryside (which is nice), renting a car and paying for parking at the hotel is way more expensive than using Uber like twice.

Yeah, it's not really possible to grocery shop or live a normal life in Nashville without a car, but dear god do not rent a car if you're going to visit vandy/downtown Nashville.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:19 pm

STILL waiting to be interviewed. Getting really annoyed by this :(

premalone

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:43 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby premalone » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:55 pm

Late update, but in on 12/13! Complete 11/29 and interviewed sometime in October. Does anyone know when scholarship information is released?

User avatar
The Abyss

Gold
Posts: 3380
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby The Abyss » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:08 pm

premalone wrote:Late update, but in on 12/13! Complete 11/29 and interviewed sometime in October. Does anyone know when scholarship information is released?



It'll be sometime in February.

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:57 pm

Mlk&Ckies wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:For current/former Vandy students, would you recommend renting a car for ASW to get around Nashville, or is it pretty easy to get around on foot most of the time and Uber/Lyft otherwise? Budgeting out my visit to Nashville right now and just trying to decide if that cost is worth it.



If you're staying within walking distance / a 5 minute drive, it's absolutely not worth renting a car. Uber is like $5 and both Uber and Lyft are popular and competitive there. Unless you plan on driving out to see the countryside (which is nice), renting a car and paying for parking at the hotel is way more expensive than using Uber like twice.

Yeah, it's not really possible to grocery shop or live a normal life in Nashville without a car, but dear god do not rent a car if you're going to visit vandy/downtown Nashville.


Cool, sounds like no need then. I'm not gonna have enough time to visit outside of the city that weekend, so as long as downtown and stuff can be reasonably reached with Uber/Lyft I'll be fine. Thanks.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:54 pm

In via email! any idea when we can expect scholly info?

jag13

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jag13 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:39 pm

Today is officially 3 months since my interview. Anybody else with a wait this long?

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:01 pm

proteinshake wrote:In via email! any idea when we can expect scholly info?

nevermind, email says February.

User avatar
88234

Bronze
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:02 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 88234 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:05 pm

jag13 wrote:Today is officially 3 months since my interview. Anybody else with a wait this long?



Me. And honestly I've stopped caring. Into schools I prefer.

User avatar
NotAGolfer

Silver
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby NotAGolfer » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:05 pm

proteinshake wrote:In via email! any idea when we can expect scholly info?

Congrats!!

jag13

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jag13 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:44 pm

88234 wrote:
jag13 wrote:Today is officially 3 months since my interview. Anybody else with a wait this long?



Me. And honestly I've stopped caring. Into schools I prefer.


Starting to feel this way to, I've gotten in to other schools I also like and I'm starting to just care less and less as more and more days without hearing anything.

User avatar
m052310

New
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:42 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby m052310 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:17 pm

Yep. Interviewed in mid September. Pretty much over it.

User avatar
nerdylsat

Bronze
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:39 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby nerdylsat » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:34 pm

Does it make sense to go to Vandy if you dont like the country music kinda vibe? It's not my thing and I'm scared I would hate the city if I go there.

notsolawful

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby notsolawful » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:50 pm

nerdylsat wrote:Does it make sense to go to Vandy if you dont like the country music kinda vibe? It's not my thing and I'm scared I would hate the city if I go there.


Nashville is really cool. I had that viewpoint of the "south" but I think you should think of Nashville as its own entity. I can't tell you if you'll like it but I think you should visit

User avatar
NotAGolfer

Silver
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby NotAGolfer » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:01 pm

notsolawful wrote:
nerdylsat wrote:Does it make sense to go to Vandy if you dont like the country music kinda vibe? It's not my thing and I'm scared I would hate the city if I go there.


Nashville is really cool. I had that viewpoint of the "south" but I think you should think of Nashville as its own entity. I can't tell you if you'll like it but I think you should visit

I don't like country music and think Nashville is great. I second visiting before making a decision



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests