Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Rubbishdump

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rubbishdump » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:23 pm

Bob loblaw law blog wrote:
Rubbishdump wrote:It's been a few days and still haven't heard anything about an interview. Sort of peeved :?

Don't you request one from them? I thought there was a whole part of the app about that

I did request one, but I have not yet been assigned an interviewer.

joeytribbiani

Bronze
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:32 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby joeytribbiani » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:48 pm

Rubbishdump wrote:
Bob loblaw law blog wrote:
Rubbishdump wrote:It's been a few days and still haven't heard anything about an interview. Sort of peeved :?

Don't you request one from them? I thought there was a whole part of the app about that

I did request one, but I have not yet been assigned an interviewer.


Mine took about three weeks to end up actually getting assigned and scheduled. If it gets to two weeks, send an email and they'll help sort it out. They were really nice and helpful. Don't get too stressed you're still early in the cycle!

User avatar
amberb94

Bronze
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:37 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby amberb94 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:26 pm

How long did it take for y'all to be admitted/denied after your interviews? Just curious.

lawlawland16

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawlawland16 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:41 pm

Accepted Friday, 11/18 via e-mail. The infamous "Black Box" to arrive on Wednesday. Congratulations to everyone else accepted, too! A great feeling indeed.

For those wondering:
3.92/166/strong softs/interviewed in September

User avatar
88234

Bronze
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:02 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 88234 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:43 pm

I feel like everyone thinks they have strong softs.

Rubbishdump

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rubbishdump » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:47 pm

joeytribbiani wrote:
Rubbishdump wrote:
Bob loblaw law blog wrote:
Rubbishdump wrote:It's been a few days and still haven't heard anything about an interview. Sort of peeved :?

Don't you request one from them? I thought there was a whole part of the app about that

I did request one, but I have not yet been assigned an interviewer.


Mine took about three weeks to end up actually getting assigned and scheduled. If it gets to two weeks, send an email and they'll help sort it out. They were really nice and helpful. Don't get too stressed you're still early in the cycle!

I hope so, I don't want to get pushed back by this. :/

User avatar
Long shot hero

Bronze
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:03 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Long shot hero » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:59 pm

88234 wrote:I feel like everyone thinks they have strong softs.

+1

User avatar
SirArthurDayne

Gold
Posts: 2684
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 10:51 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SirArthurDayne » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:09 pm

Wanted to let everyone know that I saw at least 50 Fedex packages being sent out today. I'm sure they were black boxes based on their size. I hope some of them are for you guys.

Current 1L here so feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

JD_Kingfish

Bronze
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby JD_Kingfish » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:57 pm

amberb94 wrote:How long did it take for y'all to be admitted/denied after your interviews? Just curious.

+1

jag13

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jag13 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:01 pm

I don't know that there's any consistency to interview to acceptance/denial.

I interviewed on 9/22 and I'm still complete only.

pirate101

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:02 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pirate101 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:18 pm

Rubbishdump wrote:
Bob loblaw law blog wrote:
Rubbishdump wrote:It's been a few days and still haven't heard anything about an interview. Sort of peeved :?

Don't you request one from them? I thought there was a whole part of the app about that

I did request one, but I have not yet been assigned an interviewer.


I requested mine over a month ago and am still in the works of scheduling one so be patient.

Rubbishdump

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rubbishdump » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:53 pm

pirate101 wrote:
Rubbishdump wrote:
Bob loblaw law blog wrote:
Rubbishdump wrote:It's been a few days and still haven't heard anything about an interview. Sort of peeved :?

Don't you request one from them? I thought there was a whole part of the app about that

I did request one, but I have not yet been assigned an interviewer.


I requested mine over a month ago and am still in the works of scheduling one so be patient.

If I knew I was going to wait until January for my application to be considered I would have done a retake. What area of the country are you in, though? Maybe that has a lot to do with it.

pirate101

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:02 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pirate101 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:53 am

Rubbishdump wrote:
pirate101 wrote:
Rubbishdump wrote:
Bob loblaw law blog wrote:
Rubbishdump wrote:It's been a few days and still haven't heard anything about an interview. Sort of peeved :?

Don't you request one from them? I thought there was a whole part of the app about that

I did request one, but I have not yet been assigned an interviewer.


I requested mine over a month ago and am still in the works of scheduling one so be patient.

If I knew I was going to wait until January for my application to be considered I would have done a retake. What area of the country are you in, though? Maybe that has a lot to do with it.


Raleigh, Durham area of NC. I think there are plenty of alum here, but also a lot of prospective students. I wasn't able to attend the law school fair at UNC to do my interview and am now regretting it since I'm still waiting. I've been told my interviewer has been assigned now though so I'm waiting to hear from them.

trohara14

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:05 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby trohara14 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:27 am

How long did it take everyone to hear back after their interview was conducted?

caitlinrw

Bronze
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby caitlinrw » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:23 pm

trohara14 wrote:How long did it take everyone to hear back after their interview was conducted?


My interview was like the first/second week of september, and i heard back in the firs wave last week, so that was two months.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1224
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:58 pm

caitlinrw wrote:
trohara14 wrote:How long did it take everyone to hear back after their interview was conducted?


My interview was like the first/second week of september, and i heard back in the firs wave last week, so that was two months.


I think schools are slower to come back with decisions in the first couple of months. However, now that we're reaching application "prime-time", they might get back with decisions quicker. (hopefully).

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:04 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
caitlinrw wrote:
trohara14 wrote:How long did it take everyone to hear back after their interview was conducted?


My interview was like the first/second week of september, and i heard back in the firs wave last week, so that was two months.


I think schools are slower to come back with decisions in the first couple of months. However, now that we're reaching application "prime-time", they might get back with decisions quicker. (hopefully).


For what it's worth, my app just went complete today, and they had a note saying that people who submitted in September and October should hear back between November and December, while people that applied in November will have to wait about 8-12 weeks for a decision.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1224
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:07 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
caitlinrw wrote:
trohara14 wrote:How long did it take everyone to hear back after their interview was conducted?


My interview was like the first/second week of september, and i heard back in the firs wave last week, so that was two months.


I think schools are slower to come back with decisions in the first couple of months. However, now that we're reaching application "prime-time", they might get back with decisions quicker. (hopefully).


For what it's worth, my app just went complete today, and they had a note saying that people who submitted in September and October should hear back between November and December, while people that applied in November will have to wait about 8-12 weeks for a decision.


Ohhhh dammit, I was hoping to hear back sooner haha I applied early November :(

User avatar
call-me-bubbles

Bronze
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby call-me-bubbles » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:11 pm

.
Last edited by call-me-bubbles on Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

aaron1621

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:30 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby aaron1621 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:14 pm

call-me-bubbles wrote:Anyone else still just showing "complete"? I'm concerned that maybe my interviewer forgot to submit their report, since they were so hard to pin down in the first place. It went well, application was strong, personal ties to Vandy, but no status date change since mid-September. :(


It does not change after going complete, not until a decision has been mailed.

Mr. Peanutbutter

Diamond
Posts: 10172
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:48 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr. Peanutbutter » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:16 pm

Chill out. School starts in august of next year no matter when you get admitted. Once your application is in get off tls and go to the beach

caitlinrw

Bronze
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby caitlinrw » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:20 pm

Mlk&Ckies wrote:Chill out. School starts in august of next year no matter when you get admitted. Once your application is in get off tls and go to the beach


This part, asking thousands of questions on tls won't speed up when you get an answer.

caitlinrw

Bronze
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby caitlinrw » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:19 pm

Got my black box on my doorstep today!!!!

User avatar
alpha kenny body

Gold
Posts: 4850
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby alpha kenny body » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:26 pm

Mlk&Ckies wrote:Chill out. School starts in august of next year no matter when you get admitted. Once your application is in get off tls and go to the beach

are you a vandy alum/current?

joeytribbiani

Bronze
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:32 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby joeytribbiani » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:15 pm

Does anyone know how to do the thing on FedEx that tells you if a package is being sent to your address? I know I have a black box coming but I'm about to travel today for the holiday and wanted to see if it will tell me when I could expect it to arrive, but I don't understand where on the site I can find the info (I have an account). This isn't very important, but help is appreciated nonetheless!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests