Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu May 11, 2017 4:04 pm

Tazewell wrote:
blelwoods wrote:
Tazewell wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:"continued consideration" ?


I got the same thing. It was kind of a strange email.



can you share the email?


I'm on mobile and lazy, but basically all it said was that they've received a lot of applications this cycle and they're pretty tight on seats so they wanted to wait until after the first deposit to see where they stand. Said that's now passed, so they want to check to make sure if we're still considering the school and basically asked for a LOCI.

Wasn't about a waitlist, admit, or deny, but read to me like we were basically put on a waitlist so they're going to revisit our applications soon.


My impression was that it's a hold


But yeah strang ish email. I appreciate them letting me know my app wasn't lost or something. I applied in jan so like if you're holding me now I doubt I'm getting in.

User avatar
Motion22Step
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Motion22Step » Thu May 11, 2017 4:15 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:"continued consideration" ?


Yeah, I was referencing an email they sent back in Apr. (a couple of weeks before their first deposit deadline). It said Held applicants would receive "first consideration" for available seats. I guess "consideration" is a relative enough term that it could mean a number of things lol

User avatar
largemarge26
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby largemarge26 » Thu May 11, 2017 4:34 pm

Anyone know what the difference between a waitlist and a hold is? Is one better than the other? Pretty confused for the need to have both.

jag13
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jag13 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:41 am

largemarge26 wrote:Anyone know what the difference between a waitlist and a hold is? Is one better than the other? Pretty confused for the need to have both.


I am currently on the VLS Waitlist, although I am not sure if its universal at another school I applied to they also had both. Waitlist was essentially that, a waitlist, placed here if you are not a first choice for admission but you're still competitive enough to be a potential student dependent on the rest of the incoming applicants.

Hold (mind you this was at another school I applied to) meant they have not decided if they want to make you wait till the rest of the waitlist applicants later on in the cycle and are essentially just putting your application to the side to read/review a few more and then make a decision. Hold is probably a better place to be.

User avatar
largemarge26
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby largemarge26 » Fri May 12, 2017 11:34 am

jag13 wrote:
largemarge26 wrote:Anyone know what the difference between a waitlist and a hold is? Is one better than the other? Pretty confused for the need to have both.


I am currently on the VLS Waitlist, although I am not sure if its universal at another school I applied to they also had both. Waitlist was essentially that, a waitlist, placed here if you are not a first choice for admission but you're still competitive enough to be a potential student dependent on the rest of the incoming applicants.

Hold (mind you this was at another school I applied to) meant they have not decided if they want to make you wait till the rest of the waitlist applicants later on in the cycle and are essentially just putting your application to the side to read/review a few more and then make a decision. Hold is probably a better place to be.



I am also a VLS waitlist-er. Your explanation makes sense to me. Thanks and good luck to you!

amjam
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:16 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby amjam » Mon May 15, 2017 4:35 pm

Motion22Step wrote:
amjam wrote:
Motion22Step wrote:
amjam wrote:
Motion22Step wrote:
amjam wrote:Has anyone on the Hold list heard anything? I haven't heard a peep since they emailed me confirmation that they received my LOCI. Does anyone have any guesses as to when people on Hold will hear?


Curious about this. In my case, no response to my LOCI :?



For the record, I'm still waiting. Hoping that perhaps I'll hear back this week, but I'm not particularly hopeful...

Did you get an email saying "Thank you for your email and your interest in Vanderbilt Law School. We have included this information in your file"? If you didn't, I would call tomorrow to inquire if they received your letter.


I called and was told they'd received it. I figured as much but was glad to confirm :D

I'm waiting right along with you, friend. I'm hopeful there'll be good news this week on the Hold front. Stay positive!


I'm glad to hear they received your letter! I'm still waiting, but I'm losing hope with each passing day...not looking forward to putting down a second deposit next week with the possibility of losing it. I think at this point, it's a reality, I just don't like it very much at all. How long can they keep people on Hold waiting while they accept people off the Waitlist?


I get you completely. I'm not looking forward to that possibility either (maybe if I had a money tree in my backyard I'd be OK second-depositing in this scenario??). Yeah, it makes you think about the whole "first consideration" for Held applicants line in their email.

Anyway, the person I had spoken to did say they were reviewing and were expecting to make decisions soon. Plus, you had to have been Held for a reason, right? If Vandy is near the top of your list, I say hold on - at least for the next couple days of this week! (In the meanwhile, I wonder if you and I can't buy some time from those schools before putting down those 2nd deposits... :) )


You're much more optimistic than I am! Sadly, I'm just about to put my second deposit down--my request for a deposit deferral has fallen on deaf ears :/ I hope you have been more successful than I have!!
I'll take a leaf out of your book and try to be more optimistic--Fingers crossed those of us held in the first round will hear back soon! Maybe even this week :D

User avatar
Motion22Step
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Motion22Step » Mon May 15, 2017 10:50 pm

amjam wrote:
Motion22Step wrote:
amjam wrote:
Motion22Step wrote:
amjam wrote:
Motion22Step wrote:
amjam wrote:Has anyone on the Hold list heard anything? I haven't heard a peep since they emailed me confirmation that they received my LOCI. Does anyone have any guesses as to when people on Hold will hear?


Curious about this. In my case, no response to my LOCI :?



For the record, I'm still waiting. Hoping that perhaps I'll hear back this week, but I'm not particularly hopeful...

Did you get an email saying "Thank you for your email and your interest in Vanderbilt Law School. We have included this information in your file"? If you didn't, I would call tomorrow to inquire if they received your letter.


I called and was told they'd received it. I figured as much but was glad to confirm :D

I'm waiting right along with you, friend. I'm hopeful there'll be good news this week on the Hold front. Stay positive!


I'm glad to hear they received your letter! I'm still waiting, but I'm losing hope with each passing day...not looking forward to putting down a second deposit next week with the possibility of losing it. I think at this point, it's a reality, I just don't like it very much at all. How long can they keep people on Hold waiting while they accept people off the Waitlist?


I get you completely. I'm not looking forward to that possibility either (maybe if I had a money tree in my backyard I'd be OK second-depositing in this scenario??). Yeah, it makes you think about the whole "first consideration" for Held applicants line in their email.

Anyway, the person I had spoken to did say they were reviewing and were expecting to make decisions soon. Plus, you had to have been Held for a reason, right? If Vandy is near the top of your list, I say hold on - at least for the next couple days of this week! (In the meanwhile, I wonder if you and I can't buy some time from those schools before putting down those 2nd deposits... :) )


You're much more optimistic than I am! Sadly, I'm just about to put my second deposit down--my request for a deposit deferral has fallen on deaf ears :/ I hope you have been more successful than I have!!
I'll take a leaf out of your book and try to be more optimistic--Fingers crossed those of us held in the first round will hear back soon! Maybe even this week :D


Sorry to hear you're slapping down that 2nd deposit against your will. I'm thankful that I'm dealing with a later deposit deadline at another school as I wait for word from the fleet-footed Vandy ad com lol.

I'm convinced this week will bring good news for us Held folks! Don't stop hoping :D

User avatar
Tazewell
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:43 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Tazewell » Tue May 16, 2017 5:06 pm

After 4.5 months I was just accepted

User avatar
Motion22Step
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Motion22Step » Tue May 16, 2017 5:17 pm

Tazewell wrote:After 4.5 months I was just accepted


Congratulations!!

Had you heard anything from them in between? Thank

User avatar
Tazewell
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:43 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Tazewell » Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 pm

Motion22Step wrote:
Tazewell wrote:After 4.5 months I was just accepted


Congratulations!!

Had you heard anything from them in between? Thank


I was part of the group who received the "continued interest" email.

User avatar
Motion22Step
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Motion22Step » Tue May 16, 2017 5:54 pm

Tazewell wrote:
Motion22Step wrote:
Tazewell wrote:After 4.5 months I was just accepted


Congratulations!!

Had you heard anything from them in between? Thank


I was part of the group who received the "continued interest" email.


I see. Thanks for the info and congrats again!

User avatar
haley12
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby haley12 » Tue May 16, 2017 6:00 pm

Just accepted off the WL :D :D :D

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue May 16, 2017 6:16 pm

haley12 wrote:Just accepted off the WL :D :D :D


go the fuck off Sis!!!!!!! An icon!!! So happy for you girl

User avatar
Motion22Step
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Motion22Step » Tue May 16, 2017 6:20 pm

haley12 wrote:Just accepted off the WL :D :D :D


Congrats!! All this movement today is making me dizzy :)

User avatar
haley12
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby haley12 » Tue May 16, 2017 6:24 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
haley12 wrote:Just accepted off the WL :D :D :D


go the fuck off Sis!!!!!!! An icon!!! So happy for you girl


thank you!!! :) so excited

sickofwaiting77
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sickofwaiting77 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:47 pm

I was part of the continued consideration crowd and just got an acceptance with 27000 a year! If you're on continued consideration it is not the same thing as waitlist!!

alhookem2020
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:11 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby alhookem2020 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:10 pm

sickofwaiting77 wrote:I was part of the continued consideration crowd and just got an acceptance with 27000 a year! If you're on continued consideration it is not the same thing as waitlist!!


Would you mind sharing your stats?

chigurrh
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chigurrh » Tue May 16, 2017 11:49 pm

Continued Consideration last week. Accepted today. Same Scholarship as Sickofwaiting77.

User avatar
Tazewell
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:43 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Tazewell » Wed May 17, 2017 10:20 am

chigurrh wrote:Continued Consideration last week. Accepted today. Same Scholarship as Sickofwaiting77.


Just to add one more, that's exactly what I got too.

The_Gavel
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:41 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby The_Gavel » Wed May 17, 2017 10:47 am

Should I send a LOCI if I haven't heard anything yet lol?

sickofwaiting77
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sickofwaiting77 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:38 am

stats were 170 and 3.16

User avatar
haley12
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby haley12 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:58 am

Tazewell wrote:
chigurrh wrote:Continued Consideration last week. Accepted today. Same Scholarship as Sickofwaiting77.


Just to add one more, that's exactly what I got too.


Same but off the WL. Are we all splitters too? I am.

User avatar
Tazewell
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:43 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Tazewell » Wed May 17, 2017 12:50 pm

haley12 wrote:
Tazewell wrote:
chigurrh wrote:Continued Consideration last week. Accepted today. Same Scholarship as Sickofwaiting77.


Just to add one more, that's exactly what I got too.


Same but off the WL. Are we all splitters too? I am.


Yep, I am.

The_Gavel
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:41 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby The_Gavel » Wed May 17, 2017 2:17 pm

The_Gavel wrote:Should I send a LOCI if I haven't heard anything yet lol?


?
Last edited by The_Gavel on Fri May 19, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3460
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:19 pm

In today off WL w/ 90k. Uber lowball. Did they think they were going to get me this late in the game with that weak shit? My numbers average 120k and one of my twins on here got an unnamed full ride this cycle, for reference.

Sorry for the drama, but I just question the YP followed by the lowball as a logistically responsible move for a school




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: littlelibertine, NavyNuke, pbsdotcom, urmlaw17, virginia_direwoolf, WarriorPoet, xn3345 and 16 guests