Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Lawser24
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:44 am

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Lawser24 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:57 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
Lawser24 wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
Lawser24 wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
legallybrunette94 wrote:Hello! :) Current 1L at Pepperdine here. If you have any questions about Pepperdine or law school in general, I'd be happy to try to answer them for you!

Is the campus really as beautiful as they say it is?

Current 0L, but I visited and yeah, it's that beautiful. Asked the 3L giving me the tour if it ever gets old and her response was: "I was driving to campus this morning on the PCH and was like, is this really my life? So I think it'd be nice to study law there ha... only downside is COL is $$$

If I wasn't in at USC I would be here. Nobu on the weekends lol. I would learn how to surf. LA is beautiful as well though.

Yeah, I'm still undecided and waiting to hear from 1 more school, but leaning heavily towards Malibu and Pepperdine. Probably end up spending quite few nights in LA for bar reviews and networking events. LA is great, my sister has been there for 4 years now and loves it.

Yeah great school as well. One of my good friends went and he loved it lol. He does private practice. I'm still going to the reception though to check out the campus and get a tour.

Good to hear. Everyone I spoke to at the school loved it. I also met an atheist girl from Austin (where I'm currently in undergrad and also not Christian) who said she was really nervous and skeptical about Pepperdine and not being Christian and all that but within 2 weeks of 1L she had secured an internship and is now saying that going there was the best decision of her life. Said it's amazing how much everyone helps and cares about each other from classmates to faculty and staff. So from all accounts it seems like a great place to be lol

EY1015
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:38 pm

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby EY1015 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:00 pm

soneill2113 wrote:
EY1015 wrote:Called again, they still don't know why it took this long, but they put it in review today!



Have they rendered a decision yet?

Tomorrow marks 8wks of being complete for me. Im going to wait one more week before I call again!


No decision yet, but if you look at LSN it could be anywhere from like 2-6 weeks.

sawyeriscute
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:56 am

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sawyeriscute » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:00 am

adidasz wrote:
aryi3025 wrote:has anyone attempted to negotiate yet?


Yes and they haven't responded.


Have you heard back from them re: scholarship negotiation yet?

Megs12
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Megs12 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:03 am

vho1791 wrote:$30K per year contingent on a 2.8 gpa for this guy


did you get scholarship info from email or mailed package?

Megs12
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Megs12 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:27 am

just got acceptance email today. submitted back in October.

gauchogirl23
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:14 pm

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby gauchogirl23 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:21 am

Megs12 wrote:just got acceptance email today. submitted back in October.


Congrats! How long were you in review for?

brewpub16
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brewpub16 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:51 pm

Finally in review. Anyone have insight on what the average wait time is to hear back?

Kaybee
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:59 am

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Kaybee » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:04 am

Do they update the status checker? ... The WAIT is soooo long

gauchogirl23
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:14 pm

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby gauchogirl23 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:34 pm

Kaybee wrote:Do they update the status checker? ... The WAIT is soooo long

How long have you been waiting for? I've been in review for about 5 weeks- that was the last time they updated it.

Kaybee
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:59 am

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Kaybee » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:23 am

gauchogirl23 wrote:
Kaybee wrote:Do they update the status checker? ... The WAIT is soooo long

How long have you been waiting for? I've been in review for about 5 weeks- that was the last time they updated it.


I applied early January so i know I shouldnt be complaining but this is the last school i'm waiting on to make my final decision.

User avatar
TheTaylor
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TheTaylor » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:40 pm

Kaybee wrote:
gauchogirl23 wrote:
Kaybee wrote:Do they update the status checker? ... The WAIT is soooo long

How long have you been waiting for? I've been in review for about 5 weeks- that was the last time they updated it.


I applied early January so i know I shouldnt be complaining but this is the last school i'm waiting on to make my final decision.


If you have any questions about your status, and it has been a few weeks, don't be afraid to call. The people at Pepperdine are the nicest I've met.

User avatar
TheTaylor
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TheTaylor » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:58 pm

I just declined/ withdrew from all other schools. I am going to Pepperdine!

User avatar
Mr_Chukes
Posts: 1153
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:09 am

TheTaylor wrote:I just declined/ withdrew from all other schools. I am going to Pepperdine!

Congratulations! I'll see you at the reception lol.

User avatar
futureellewoods123
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:38 pm

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby futureellewoods123 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:36 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
TheTaylor wrote:I just declined/ withdrew from all other schools. I am going to Pepperdine!

Congratulations! I'll see you at the reception lol.


Pretty sure I'm also going! Anyone else joining the party?!

sawyeriscute
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:56 am

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sawyeriscute » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:40 pm

futureellewoods123 wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
TheTaylor wrote:I just declined/ withdrew from all other schools. I am going to Pepperdine!

Congratulations! I'll see you at the reception lol.


Pretty sure I'm also going! Anyone else joining the party?!


I think I'm going too!

User avatar
Mr_Chukes
Posts: 1153
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:54 pm

sawyeriscute wrote:
futureellewoods123 wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
TheTaylor wrote:I just declined/ withdrew from all other schools. I am going to Pepperdine!

Congratulations! I'll see you at the reception lol.


Pretty sure I'm also going! Anyone else joining the party?!


I think I'm going too!

You'll spot me easy. I wonder if imma be the only black person at this event as well lol.

User avatar
alpha kenny body
Posts: 4853
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby alpha kenny body » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:03 am

Mr_Chukes wrote:
sawyeriscute wrote:
futureellewoods123 wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
TheTaylor wrote:I just declined/ withdrew from all other schools. I am going to Pepperdine!

Congratulations! I'll see you at the reception lol.


Pretty sure I'm also going! Anyone else joining the party?!


I think I'm going too!

You'll spot me easy. I wonder if imma be the only black person at this event as well lol.

It's the 'bu. You're going to be the only black person in the entire town. People will bring their children to marvel at you, as they have never seen a real live black person before. :lol:

User avatar
Mr_Chukes
Posts: 1153
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:16 am

fips tedora wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
sawyeriscute wrote:
futureellewoods123 wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
TheTaylor wrote:I just declined/ withdrew from all other schools. I am going to Pepperdine!

Congratulations! I'll see you at the reception lol.


Pretty sure I'm also going! Anyone else joining the party?!


I think I'm going too!

You'll spot me easy. I wonder if imma be the only black person at this event as well lol.

It's the 'bu. You're going to be the only black person in the entire town. People will bring their children to marvel at you, as they have never seen a real live black person before. :lol:

Lmao that would be so funny.

User avatar
futureellewoods123
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:38 pm

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby futureellewoods123 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:21 am

Mr_Chukes wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
sawyeriscute wrote:
futureellewoods123 wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
TheTaylor wrote:I just declined/ withdrew from all other schools. I am going to Pepperdine!

Congratulations! I'll see you at the reception lol.


Pretty sure I'm also going! Anyone else joining the party?!


I think I'm going too!

You'll spot me easy. I wonder if imma be the only black person at this event as well lol.

It's the 'bu. You're going to be the only black person in the entire town. People will bring their children to marvel at you, as they have never seen a real live black person before. :lol:

Lmao that would be so funny.


You're so famous always haha

soneill2113
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:58 am

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby soneill2113 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:51 pm

Finally in review as of 3/15. Pepperdine is making me so anxious, it's the last school I'm waiting to hear from!!

Megs12
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Megs12 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:39 am

gauchogirl23 wrote:
Megs12 wrote:just got acceptance email today. submitted back in October.


Congrats! How long were you in review for?


5 months

unaisla
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:12 am

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby unaisla » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:25 am

re
Last edited by unaisla on Mon May 08, 2017 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mr_Chukes
Posts: 1153
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:29 am

unaisla wrote:Hello everyone. I was wondering can anyone tell me how long does it take for you to know your final decision from Pepperdine? I submitted on January 25, still no news... :( :(

A while. I submitted in December 5th and got in Feb 15th. I didn't go under review until Feb 14th lol.

unaisla
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:12 am

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby unaisla » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:47 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
unaisla wrote:Hello everyone. I was wondering can anyone tell me how long does it take for you to know your final decision from Pepperdine? I submitted on January 25, still no news... :( :(

A while. I submitted in December 5th and got in Feb 15th. I didn't go under review until Feb 14th lol.


i was thinking maybe my LSAT is just a little bit above 25% and i'm a international student, that's why it takes them too long to make decision

soneill2113
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:58 am

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby soneill2113 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:15 pm

unaisla wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
unaisla wrote:Hello everyone. I was wondering can anyone tell me how long does it take for you to know your final decision from Pepperdine? I submitted on January 25, still no news... :( :(

A while. I submitted in December 5th and got in Feb 15th. I didn't go under review until Feb 14th lol.


i was thinking maybe my LSAT is just a little bit above 25% and i'm a international student, that's why it takes them too long to make decision



Nah i think pepperdine just spends more time reviewing each applicant. They have a longer turn around time for most people.

I submitted mid January and didnt go into review until March 15th, and am still waiting for a decision.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: etramak, Everythingimnot, heyduchess, jthel08, porzingis3, sodomojo, thepsychedelic and 6 guests