UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ystvkmc

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:39 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ystvkmc » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:43 pm

Is it normal for the UCLA status checker page to not actually have a current status listed? Went complete early January and wondering whether or not my application has been in review...

Ashleighjarm

New
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Ashleighjarm » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:43 pm

ystvkmc wrote:Is it normal for the UCLA status checker page to not actually have a current status listed? Went complete early January and wondering whether or not my application has been in review...


Yeah, once I went complete it didn't update anything until after I got the call from Dean Schwartz. Don't even bother checking it regularly.

User avatar
rizzlebizness

Bronze
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:32 am

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby rizzlebizness » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:54 am

Waitlisted, GPA & LSAT between 25th and median, MA URM. Applied late December.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rigo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:25 pm

Any word on ASW stipends?

Answered: $200 towards flight.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rigo » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:51 am

When do we find out about schollies?

Answered: Ugh I don't want to wait until March.

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:31 am

I still haven't heard back yet lol. Anyone who applied late November still waiting?

User avatar
sorence

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sorence » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:45 am

Rigo wrote:When do we find out about schollies?

Answered: Ugh I don't want to wait until March.


+1 I love UCLA but even with in-state tuition can't afford out of pocket. The waiting game is harsh.

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dietcoke1 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:28 pm

went to the UCLA/Oregon game last night. certainly wouldn't mind going to more games as a law student!

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:30 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:went to the UCLA/Oregon game last night. certainly wouldn't mind going to more games as a law student!

Are you going to the USC game on the 4th?

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dietcoke1 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:33 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:went to the UCLA/Oregon game last night. certainly wouldn't mind going to more games as a law student!

Are you going to the USC game on the 4th?


never got the invite for that :roll:

User avatar
Dreadhead168

New
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:22 am

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dreadhead168 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:46 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:went to the UCLA/Oregon game last night. certainly wouldn't mind going to more games as a law student!


UCLA is putting on a show this year and you were blessed to attend last night's game. Lonzo Ball is an absolute stud.

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:54 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:went to the UCLA/Oregon game last night. certainly wouldn't mind going to more games as a law student!

Are you going to the USC game on the 4th?


never got the invite for that :roll:

I'm surprised, you live right there lol.

User avatar
laqueredup

Bronze
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:05 am

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby laqueredup » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:04 pm

.
Last edited by laqueredup on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Instrumental » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:09 pm

laqueredup wrote:In via phone call this morning!
Submitted 11/4
Complete after Dec LSAT scores on around 1/4

GPA<<<<25%
LSAT>>75%

First west coast acceptance, and since my SO currently has a great job out here, it may wind up being a very good option depending on the rest of the cycle!!

Your username still triggers me, but congratulations man. That's great news :D

User avatar
laqueredup

Bronze
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:05 am

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby laqueredup » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:12 pm

.
Last edited by laqueredup on Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ashleighjarm

New
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Ashleighjarm » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:23 pm

Rigo wrote:Any word on ASW stipends?

Answered: $200 towards flight.


For the stipend is there a form or do we email them?

ohmygosh

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:22 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ohmygosh » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:29 pm

I just noticed UCLA posted a tuition guarantee for the fall 2017 incoming class http://www.law.ucla.edu/news-and-events ... of-201718/

they even have a chart showing how much less expensive they are compared to other schools
http://www.law.ucla.edu/news-and-events ... cted-costs

have any of you heard much about this? i never realized how much tuition usually increases year to year for most schools

User avatar
sorence

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sorence » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:58 am

ohmygosh wrote:I just noticed UCLA posted a tuition guarantee for the fall 2017 incoming class http://www.law.ucla.edu/news-and-events ... of-201718/

they even have a chart showing how much less expensive they are compared to other schools
http://www.law.ucla.edu/news-and-events ... cted-costs

have any of you heard much about this? i never realized how much tuition usually increases year to year for most schools


I didn't notice this until you posted this but after reading it; this is a huge pro-UCLA boost for me! I knew that the average tuition increase was 3-5%/year but was especially worried for UC schools because there have been calls for tuition hikes/decreased funding. I went to a UC undergrad so I had to watch the tuition battle play out over the past few years and it was a constant struggle of, "how much this year?" + current political climate and I was very unsure.

I think that this is a phenomenal move on the part of UCLA Law that shows they they're prepared to deal with CA legislation by protecting their students from ridiculous tuition hikes should it come to that. Thanks for sharing!

njdevils327

Bronze
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:23 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby njdevils327 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:35 pm

If you have an LSAT ~75 and GPA ~Median and you didn't submit a programmatic contribution during the application process, do you think it would be considered desperate to submit one now that you've waited about a month? Or do you think it's something someone in that situation should think about doing?

I don't want to get waitlisted cause I really want to go now (at least to visit and see if it's the right fit for me), especially after seeing that tuition guarantee note, so whatever advice you have for me would be appreciated.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rigo » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:28 am

Anyone going to the NYC reception March 29th?

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4641
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:14 pm

njdevils327 wrote:If you have an LSAT ~75 and GPA ~Median and you didn't submit a programmatic contribution during the application process, do you think it would be considered desperate to submit one now that you've waited about a month? Or do you think it's something someone in that situation should think about doing?

I didn't do it two years in a row and got in both times.
Last edited by proteinshake on Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wildquest8200

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby wildquest8200 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:36 pm

Rigo wrote:Anyone going to the NYC reception March 29th?

Me! I think!

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rigo » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:39 pm

wildquest8200 wrote:
Rigo wrote:Anyone going to the NYC reception March 29th?

Me! I think!

I wish it wasn't on a Wednesday but whatareyagonnado

JDrat

Bronze
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:45 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby JDrat » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:20 pm

In via status checker. But haven't received an email yet. Has this happened to anyone else?

qtpie95

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby qtpie95 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:05 pm

JDrat wrote:In via status checker. But haven't received an email yet. Has this happened to anyone else?

I thought they don't post decisions on the status checker site. Where did yours show up on the site? congrats!!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests