UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mudiverse

Bronze
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:31 am

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mudiverse » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:16 pm

Dunno - it's still pretty early in LA. Then again, hope is lost on we the applicants of 2016-17.

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:20 pm

Disregard previous statement.
Last edited by Gitaroo_Dude on Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emlaw03

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:04 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby emlaw03 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:38 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:From what I've seen, Dean Schwartz doesn't normally begin calling until afternoon PST. Could be wrong though, if anyone has gotten an admit call in the morning I'll remove this post, haha.


Received my call at 8:30am Pacific time haha

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:46 pm

emlaw03 wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:From what I've seen, Dean Schwartz doesn't normally begin calling until afternoon PST. Could be wrong though, if anyone has gotten an admit call in the morning I'll remove this post, haha.


Received my call at 8:30am Pacific time haha


Honored that your first post was used to correct me. :lol:

emlaw03

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:04 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby emlaw03 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:51 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
emlaw03 wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:From what I've seen, Dean Schwartz doesn't normally begin calling until afternoon PST. Could be wrong though, if anyone has gotten an admit call in the morning I'll remove this post, haha.


Received my call at 8:30am Pacific time haha


Honored that your first post was used to correct me. :lol:


Didn't have anything of value to add until now lol

longpig

Bronze
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:59 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby longpig » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:32 pm

Is it too early to e-mail admissions to ask for travel stipends?

lazarzhr

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:43 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lazarzhr » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:34 pm

longpig wrote:Is it too early to e-mail admissions to ask for travel stipends?

Nope -- I've already secured mine!

playersball

Bronze
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:58 am

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby playersball » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:39 pm

longpig wrote:Is it too early to e-mail admissions to ask for travel stipends?


I don't think so, especially if airfare is involved! I know they mentioned "all expenses paid" to me when they invited me to the April ASW.

prepies04

New
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:56 am

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby prepies04 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:48 am

I got in last week! Submitted late November.

I didn't even get a proper acceptance letter or phone call. just an email about admitted students weekend and scholarship opportunities. it might be because im living abroad. American UG 170/3.94

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:52 am

playersball wrote:
longpig wrote:Is it too early to e-mail admissions to ask for travel stipends?


I don't think so, especially if airfare is involved! I know they mentioned "all expenses paid" to me when they invited me to the April ASW.


They mentioned that to me as well. Did you get any additional info on that?

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:53 am

lazarzhr wrote:
longpig wrote:Is it too early to e-mail admissions to ask for travel stipends?

Nope -- I've already secured mine!


How did you go about doing that if you don't mind me asking (you can PM me if you'd prefer).

playersball

Bronze
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:58 am

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby playersball » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:20 am

brinicolec wrote:
playersball wrote:
longpig wrote:Is it too early to e-mail admissions to ask for travel stipends?


I don't think so, especially if airfare is involved! I know they mentioned "all expenses paid" to me when they invited me to the April ASW.


They mentioned that to me as well. Did you get any additional info on that?


I didnt actually, because they called me in the middle of the work day and I was mostly just trying to process how stoked I was to get into Epstein! But I am definitely interested especially because it looks like the April ASW is focused on diversity, so I would like to know the differences in agenda compared to their March event. I am from SoCal though so I am going to inquire about lodging or possibly mileage. Are you planning on going to April ASW?

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:41 am

playersball wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
playersball wrote:
longpig wrote:Is it too early to e-mail admissions to ask for travel stipends?


I don't think so, especially if airfare is involved! I know they mentioned "all expenses paid" to me when they invited me to the April ASW.


They mentioned that to me as well. Did you get any additional info on that?


I didnt actually, because they called me in the middle of the work day and I was mostly just trying to process how stoked I was to get into Epstein! But I am definitely interested especially because it looks like the April ASW is focused on diversity, so I would like to know the differences in agenda compared to their March event. I am from SoCal though so I am going to inquire about lodging or possibly mileage. Are you planning on going to April ASW?


When he called me to inform me of my acceptance, he said they'd offer me all expense paid for a trip in April (am assuming that he meant ASW). I would love to go, ESPECIALLY if they're going to help me get there lol. I should've asked for more info but it was my first phone call acceptance so I didn't know how to act! I just kept saying thank you smh

longpig

Bronze
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:59 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby longpig » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:59 pm

brinicolec wrote:
playersball wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
playersball wrote:
longpig wrote:Is it too early to e-mail admissions to ask for travel stipends?


I don't think so, especially if airfare is involved! I know they mentioned "all expenses paid" to me when they invited me to the April ASW.


They mentioned that to me as well. Did you get any additional info on that?


I didnt actually, because they called me in the middle of the work day and I was mostly just trying to process how stoked I was to get into Epstein! But I am definitely interested especially because it looks like the April ASW is focused on diversity, so I would like to know the differences in agenda compared to their March event. I am from SoCal though so I am going to inquire about lodging or possibly mileage. Are you planning on going to April ASW?


When he called me to inform me of my acceptance, he said they'd offer me all expense paid for a trip in April (am assuming that he meant ASW). I would love to go, ESPECIALLY if they're going to help me get there lol. I should've asked for more info but it was my first phone call acceptance so I didn't know how to act! I just kept saying thank you smh

He told me they'd cover up to $200 (I'm flying from East Coast). E-mailed them over the holiday to ask about the stipend so we'll see what they say.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:25 pm

longpig wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
playersball wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
playersball wrote:
longpig wrote:Is it too early to e-mail admissions to ask for travel stipends?


I don't think so, especially if airfare is involved! I know they mentioned "all expenses paid" to me when they invited me to the April ASW.


They mentioned that to me as well. Did you get any additional info on that?


I didnt actually, because they called me in the middle of the work day and I was mostly just trying to process how stoked I was to get into Epstein! But I am definitely interested especially because it looks like the April ASW is focused on diversity, so I would like to know the differences in agenda compared to their March event. I am from SoCal though so I am going to inquire about lodging or possibly mileage. Are you planning on going to April ASW?


When he called me to inform me of my acceptance, he said they'd offer me all expense paid for a trip in April (am assuming that he meant ASW). I would love to go, ESPECIALLY if they're going to help me get there lol. I should've asked for more info but it was my first phone call acceptance so I didn't know how to act! I just kept saying thank you smh

He told me they'd cover up to $200 (I'm flying from East Coast). E-mailed them over the holiday to ask about the stipend so we'll see what they say.


I wonder if they do that because of how much distance you have to cover. Definitely let me know what they say!

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:13 pm

To clarify, there are two events on that April weekend.

There's an all expense paid trip from Apr 7-9 for under-represented students.

There's also the general ASD on April 9th. Maybe that's the one where they're offering a $200 stipend?

User avatar
armc808

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby armc808 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:33 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:To clarify, there are two events on that April weekend.

There's an all expense paid trip from Apr 7-9 for under-represented students.

There's also the general ASD on April 9th. Maybe that's the one where they're offering a $200 stipend?


Hopefully. I don't think I can make it out to LA from DC for a weekend on $200 :|

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:42 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:To clarify, there are two events on that April weekend.

There's an all expense paid trip from Apr 7-9 for under-represented students.

There's also the general ASD on April 9th. Maybe that's the one where they're offering a $200 stipend?


OH! That explains it. I'm a URM. They must have been talking about the April 7-9 one when they called. Do you have any additional info on that/know when we'll get additional info?

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:35 am

brinicolec wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:To clarify, there are two events on that April weekend.

There's an all expense paid trip from Apr 7-9 for under-represented students.

There's also the general ASD on April 9th. Maybe that's the one where they're offering a $200 stipend?


OH! That explains it. I'm a URM. They must have been talking about the April 7-9 one when they called. Do you have any additional info on that/know when we'll get additional info?


No other info; the e-mail I received just said to save that weekend and that additional info would be coming at a later date. I got an additional e-mail about the regular ASDs too, so they're separate events.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:02 am

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:To clarify, there are two events on that April weekend.

There's an all expense paid trip from Apr 7-9 for under-represented students.

There's also the general ASD on April 9th. Maybe that's the one where they're offering a $200 stipend?


OH! That explains it. I'm a URM. They must have been talking about the April 7-9 one when they called. Do you have any additional info on that/know when we'll get additional info?


No other info; the e-mail I received just said to save that weekend and that additional info would be coming at a later date. I got an additional e-mail about the regular ASDs too, so they're separate events.


Hm, I think I only got an email regarding the ASW.

I guess I'll just wait and see what info they give in 2017!

longpig

Bronze
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:59 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby longpig » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:21 pm

^ ya I was gonna go in march, but I'm assuming it's not the urm one (I'm Chinese). I was just gonna stay with friends so $200 is fine for me :)

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:28 pm

longpig wrote:^ ya I was gonna go in march, but I'm assuming it's not the urm one (I'm Chinese). I was just gonna stay with friends so $200 is fine for me :)


Yeah, March is just a regular one. The URM one is in early-April.

Reid-Bailey

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:26 am

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Reid-Bailey » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:31 pm

I feel like a lot of people have been saying they got accepted relatively quick. I am above their 50th GPA and well above their 75th LSAT. What's taking so long? Any ideas? I was expecting a fast turn-around on this decision.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:53 pm

Reid-Bailey wrote:I feel like a lot of people have been saying they got accepted relatively quick. I am above their 50th GPA and well above their 75th LSAT. What's taking so long? Any ideas? I was expecting a fast turn-around on this decision.


Maybe YP.

mudiverse

Bronze
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:31 am

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mudiverse » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:46 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Reid-Bailey wrote:I feel like a lot of people have been saying they got accepted relatively quick. I am above their 50th GPA and well above their 75th LSAT. What's taking so long? Any ideas? I was expecting a fast turn-around on this decision.


Maybe YP.


Several others have voiced similar situations. I think the honest truth is that they just haven't gotten through the pile yet and their process is kind of unorganized.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fork and 13 guests