UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:14 pm

brinicolec wrote:Just got the call!

Congrats! How heavily are you considering attending and enjoying that SoCal weather?

azaleafire

Bronze

Postby azaleafire » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:26 pm

Got the call!

dmc1275

New

Postby dmc1275 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:27 pm

Just got a call about the Epstein program! They should be choosing other admits soon too for those who are interested!

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:33 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:

Congrats! How heavily are you considering attending and enjoying that SoCal weather?

Thank you!

Honestly, the main thing that has been making it hard for me to decide whether or not I want a Cali school is that I own a ferret. If I can figure out the ferret thing, it'll probably end up depending on $$$ from all the schools I've applied to + where else I get in.

When he called to tell me the good news, he said they'd be offering me an all-expense paid trip to visit in April though and I'm DEFINITELY gonna go! I haven't been to Cali basically since I was born there 20+ years ago so I'm definitely excited to check it out and if I fall in love, I'm sure I'll brainstorm some ways to deal with the ferret situation. The weather and location is definitely a plus!

sorence

Bronze

Postby sorence » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:00 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:

Thank you!

Honestly, the main thing that has been making it hard for me to decide whether or not I want a Cali school is that I own a ferret. If I can figure out the ferret thing, it'll probably end up depending on $$$ from all the schools I've applied to + where else I get in.

When he called to tell me the good news, he said they'd be offering me an all-expense paid trip to visit in April though and I'm DEFINITELY gonna go! I haven't been to Cali basically since I was born there 20+ years ago so I'm definitely excited to check it out and if I fall in love, I'm sure I'll brainstorm some ways to deal with the ferret situation. The weather and location is definitely a plus!

tbh I'm a cali native and I have plenty of friends who own ferrets. Where there's a will, there's a way! Congrats on the acceptance!

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:19 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:

Thank you!

Oh, the special weekend event on April 7-9? Maybe I'll see you there! Hopefully the ferret works out. Maybe ASW will have a panel on pet ownership, lol.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:34 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:

Thank you!

Oh, the special weekend event on April 7-9? Maybe I'll see you there! Hopefully the ferret works out. Maybe ASW will have a panel on pet ownership, lol.

He didn't tell me the specific dates, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he was referring to! And yeah, maybe lol

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:35 pm

sorence wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:

Thank you!

tbh I'm a cali native and I have plenty of friends who own ferrets. Where there's a will, there's a way! Congrats on the acceptance!

I'll keep that in mind lol. Thank you!!

themouse92

New

Postby themouse92 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:45 pm

Got the call about an hour ago!

ED. interviewed 11/23

ray.bee

Bronze

Postby ray.bee » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:01 pm

themouse92 wrote:Got the call about an hour ago!

ED. interviewed 11/23

Congrats! :) here's to hoping they contact all ED applicants today either way!

playersball

Bronze

Postby playersball » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:58 pm

dmc1275 wrote:Just got a call about the Epstein program! They should be choosing other admits soon too for those who are interested!

Same here, congrats!!

lazarzhr

New

Postby lazarzhr » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:35 pm

playersball wrote:
dmc1275 wrote:Just got a call about the Epstein program! They should be choosing other admits soon too for those who are interested!

Same here, congrats!!

Were these Epstein calls separate from your admissions call? Any idea if they're making most of the Esptein admits today/this week, or just a hunch?

playersball

Bronze

Postby playersball » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:42 pm

lazarzhr wrote:
playersball wrote:

Same here, congrats!!

Were these Epstein calls separate from your admissions call? Any idea if they're making most of the Esptein admits today/this week, or just a hunch?

Yes they were separate! I really have no idea if they will be making more Epstein admits this week, I'm sorry :/ Maybe dmc1275 touched on this in his convo with them.. Wishing you luck!

dmc1275

New

Postby dmc1275 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:56 pm

playersball wrote:
lazarzhr wrote:
playersball wrote:

Same here, congrats!!

Yes they were separate! I really have no idea if they will be making more Epstein admits this week, I'm sorry :/ Maybe dmc1275 touched on this in his convo with them.. Wishing you luck!

Nah I didn't get that specific of info. All they said was they were selecting a cohort of around 25. Given how many apps haven't even been reviewed yet, I doubt they could give out all the offers this week? But that's 100% a hunch so I'm not totally sure. Congrats, playersball! And good luck to all other folks applying!

dukebluedevils

New

Postby dukebluedevils » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:20 pm

Getting nervous.. applied RD end of October and haven't heard anything. Thinking waitlist or dinged?

lawlzschool

Bronze

Postby lawlzschool » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:03 pm

dukebluedevils wrote:Getting nervous.. applied RD end of October and haven't heard anything. Thinking waitlist or dinged?

I'm here with ya... literally at both medians too so it's a little unexpected in all honesty. I'm kind of wondering if they're admitting above medians atm and then will drop further down once they get a better idea of the whole applicant pool. Idk that's conjecture based on the LSN graphs (work is slow).

cyclawps

Bronze

Postby cyclawps » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:17 pm

lawlzschool wrote:
dukebluedevils wrote:Getting nervous.. applied RD end of October and haven't heard anything. Thinking waitlist or dinged?

I'm here with ya... literally at both medians too so it's a little unexpected in all honesty. I'm kind of wondering if they're admitting above medians atm and then will drop further down once they get a better idea of the whole applicant pool. Idk that's conjecture based on the LSN graphs (work is slow).

Sitting there with you two. Just shy of median for LSAT and above median for GPA. Complete in early October. Probably the unfortunate waitlist/ding.

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:27 pm

cyclawps wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:

Sitting there with you two. Just shy of median for LSAT and above median for GPA. Complete in early October. Probably the unfortunate waitlist/ding.

Same. Complete 9/7 and never heard from them again lol.

SmallK

Bronze

Postby SmallK » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:31 pm

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
cyclawps wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:

Yup, same here. I've seen a few convos with similar stats/dates cited throughout this thread -- every time I give up and assume it's a ding/wl, one of them gets accepted. So I got nothing.

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:43 pm

SmallK wrote:
cyclawps wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:

Yup, same here. I've seen a few convos with similar stats/dates cited throughout this thread -- every time I give up and assume it's a ding/wl, one of them gets accepted. So I got nothing.

Are any of you local or close to LA? I'm pretty close so I'm thinking maybe they're contacting locals later? Probably not but makes me feel better lol.

SmallK

Bronze

Postby SmallK » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:45 pm

SmallK wrote:
cyclawps wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:

Are any of you local or close to LA? I'm pretty close so I'm thinking maybe they're contacting locals later? Probably not but makes me feel better lol.

I so wish I could offer support for that theory, but I'm East Coast :(

mudiverse

Bronze

Postby mudiverse » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:47 pm

Based on the acceptances, they are working their way down from High LSAT -> 75th Median LSAT. Reverse splitters and lower numbers candidates will probably have to wait a little longer. My guess is that they will come up with decisions for most of us mortals after December LSAT scores are out.

Either way kind of annoying considering how many of us have been complete for like 3 months.

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:52 pm

mudiverse wrote:Based on the acceptances, they are working their way down from High LSAT -> 75th Median LSAT. Reverse splitters and lower numbers candidates will probably have to wait a little longer. My guess is that they will come up with decisions for most of us mortals after December LSAT scores are out.

Either way kind of annoying considering how many of us have been complete for like 3 months.

SmallK wrote:

Makes sense. Except I'm >75th lsat. What are your guys' stats?

lawlzschool

Bronze

Postby lawlzschool » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:03 pm

mudiverse wrote:Based on the acceptances, they are working their way down from High LSAT -> 75th Median LSAT. Reverse splitters and lower numbers candidates will probably have to wait a little longer. My guess is that they will come up with decisions for most of us mortals after December LSAT scores are out.

SmallK wrote:

Exactly medians. Also I'm socal, but north of LA proper

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:05 pm

lawlzschool wrote:

SmallK wrote:

Exactly medians. Also I'm socal, but north of LA proper

At least there's 2 of us w/ no SoCal love lol.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?