UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sre08

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sre08 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:02 pm

Just checking into this thread now!

I just got the phone call that I was admitted! Went complete 11/21. Surprised at how quick their turnaround was as others have said.

FYI I didn't interview

lazarzhr

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:43 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lazarzhr » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:04 pm

sre08 wrote:Just checking into this thread now!

I just got the phone call that I was admitted! Went complete 11/21. Surprised at how quick their turnaround was as others have said.

FYI I didn't interview


Congrats!!! Are you a regular decision applicant?

sre08

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sre08 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:15 pm

lazarzhr wrote:
sre08 wrote:Just checking into this thread now!

I just got the phone call that I was admitted! Went complete 11/21. Surprised at how quick their turnaround was as others have said.

FYI I didn't interview


Congrats!!! Are you a regular decision applicant?


Thanks! Regular decision. LSAT > 75th, GPA < 25th if that's helpful

lawschool2017712

Bronze
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawschool2017712 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:41 pm

x
Last edited by lawschool2017712 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vho1791

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:55 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby vho1791 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:43 pm

lawschool2017712 wrote:Just checked my status checker.....says congrats you've been admitted :shock:

No call yet. Check your status trackers, friends.



where is the status checker...?


e-mail says there isn't one.

User avatar
mudiverse

Bronze
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:31 am

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mudiverse » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:46 pm

vho1791 wrote:
lawschool2017712 wrote:Just checked my status checker.....says congrats you've been admitted :shock:

No call yet. Check your status trackers, friends.



where is the status checker...?


e-mail says there isn't one.


See above, the status checker explicitly states that decisions won't be displayed here. You may be mistaking it for another school.

Edit: There IS a status checker linked in the email. It just doesn't state the decision.

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dietcoke1 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:49 pm

mudiverse wrote:
vho1791 wrote:
lawschool2017712 wrote:Just checked my status checker.....says congrats you've been admitted :shock:

No call yet. Check your status trackers, friends.



where is the status checker...?


e-mail says there isn't one.


See above, the status checker explicitly states that decisions won't be displayed here. You may be mistaking it for another school.

Edit: There IS a status checker linked in the email. It just doesn't state the decision.


it does say at the top of the status checker congrats on being admitted when your admitted

lawschool2017712

Bronze
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawschool2017712 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:54 pm

x
Last edited by lawschool2017712 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawschool2017712

Bronze
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawschool2017712 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:54 pm

x
Last edited by lawschool2017712 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mudiverse

Bronze
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:31 am

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mudiverse » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:59 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
mudiverse wrote:
vho1791 wrote:
lawschool2017712 wrote:Just checked my status checker.....says congrats you've been admitted :shock:

No call yet. Check your status trackers, friends.



where is the status checker...?


e-mail says there isn't one.


See above, the status checker explicitly states that decisions won't be displayed here. You may be mistaking it for another school.

Edit: There IS a status checker linked in the email. It just doesn't state the decision.


it does say at the top of the status checker congrats on being admitted when your admitted


Good tip - thanks I'll keep my eyes peeled in that case.

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dietcoke1 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:00 pm

lawschool2017712 wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
mudiverse wrote:
vho1791 wrote:
lawschool2017712 wrote:Just checked my status checker.....says congrats you've been admitted :shock:

No call yet. Check your status trackers, friends.



where is the status checker...?


e-mail says there isn't one.


See above, the status checker explicitly states that decisions won't be displayed here. You may be mistaking it for another school.

Edit: There IS a status checker linked in the email. It just doesn't state the decision.


it does say at the top of the status checker congrats on being admitted when your admitted


Do they call everyone who is admitted?


you should receive a call of an email or both, but either way you should be in, congrats!

User avatar
hammy393

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hammy393 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:56 pm

lawschool2017712 wrote:Just checked my status checker.....says congrats you've been admitted :shock:

No call yet. Check your status trackers, friends.


Congrats! When did you submit / when'd your app go complete?

ray.bee

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ray.bee » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:01 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
lawschool2017712 wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
mudiverse wrote:
vho1791 wrote:
lawschool2017712 wrote:Just checked my status checker.....says congrats you've been admitted :shock:

No call yet. Check your status trackers, friends.



where is the status checker...?


e-mail says there isn't one.


See above, the status checker explicitly states that decisions won't be displayed here. You may be mistaking it for another school.

Edit: There IS a status checker linked in the email. It just doesn't state the decision.


it does say at the top of the status checker congrats on being admitted when your admitted


Do they call everyone who is admitted?


you should receive a call of an email or both, but either way you should be in, congrats!


I'm confused. LOL I don't see any status check website link on any emails from them.

User avatar
hammy393

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hammy393 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:39 pm

ray.bee wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
lawschool2017712 wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
mudiverse wrote:
vho1791 wrote:
lawschool2017712 wrote:Just checked my status checker.....says congrats you've been admitted :shock:

No call yet. Check your status trackers, friends.



where is the status checker...?


e-mail says there isn't one.


See above, the status checker explicitly states that decisions won't be displayed here. You may be mistaking it for another school.

Edit: There IS a status checker linked in the email. It just doesn't state the decision.


it does say at the top of the status checker congrats on being admitted when your admitted


Do they call everyone who is admitted?


you should receive a call of an email or both, but either way you should be in, congrats!


I'm confused. LOL I don't see any status check website link on any emails from them.


I received the email with the status checker one day after I applied. It's titled "UCLA School of Law" and it starts off with:

"Thank you for applying to UCLA School of Law. This email is to confirm receipt of your application. You may check your Application Status Online to monitor the status of your application. [insert link/login]..."

vho1791

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:55 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby vho1791 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:49 pm

It might have to do with how you applied.

Mine says

"Thank you for applying to UCLA School of Law. This email is to confirm receipt of your Early Decision application.

Please note, an online status tracker is not available. We will thus notify you again by email when your file has been completed. If you are registered for an LSAT beyond the September examination, we will not wait to receive that score in order to mark your file complete."


RD/ED could be a factor then?

dsberkeley

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dsberkeley » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:35 pm

vho1791 wrote:It might have to do with how you applied.

Mine says

"Thank you for applying to UCLA School of Law. This email is to confirm receipt of your Early Decision application.

Please note, an online status tracker is not available. We will thus notify you again by email when your file has been completed. If you are registered for an LSAT beyond the September examination, we will not wait to receive that score in order to mark your file complete."


RD/ED could be a factor then?





Mine says the same thing and I'm an ED applicant. I called and asked today to double check and she told me there was no status checker. She also told me that not every ED applicant (admitted or not) gets an interview.

ray.bee

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ray.bee » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:08 pm

dsberkeley wrote:
vho1791 wrote:It might have to do with how you applied.

Mine says

"Thank you for applying to UCLA School of Law. This email is to confirm receipt of your Early Decision application.

Please note, an online status tracker is not available. We will thus notify you again by email when your file has been completed. If you are registered for an LSAT beyond the September examination, we will not wait to receive that score in order to mark your file complete."


RD/ED could be a factor then?





Mine says the same thing and I'm an ED applicant. I called and asked today to double check and she told me there was no status checker. She also told me that not every ED applicant (admitted or not) gets an interview.



Okay, thanks all!! Have either of you heard back yet? I am ED as well-- getting super nervous.

lawschool2017712

Bronze
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawschool2017712 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:09 pm

x
Last edited by lawschool2017712 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Christinabruin

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Christinabruin » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:54 am

In via phone call on 11/23! I'm RD and didn't have to interview. PM for stats!

I submitted 11/14 and went complete 11/16 so that was extremely fast turnaround. I can confirm that the status checker says that I've been admitted and there is info on seat deposit and such. Phone number area code is 310 and mine came in the early morning so clear your throats before you pick up the phone LOL

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:50 am

I'm assuming the checker never changes to UR then? (Haven't seen anyone mention going UR)

User avatar
NotAGolfer

Silver
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby NotAGolfer » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:53 am

Christinabruin wrote:In via phone call on 11/23! I'm RD and didn't have to interview. PM for stats!

I submitted 11/14 and went complete 11/16 so that was extremely fast turnaround. I can confirm that the status checker says that I've been admitted and there is info on seat deposit and such. Phone number area code is 310 and mine came in the early morning so clear your throats before you pick up the phone LOL

Congrats!!!

User avatar
Christinabruin

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Christinabruin » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:57 am

NotAGolfer wrote:
Christinabruin wrote:In via phone call on 11/23! I'm RD and didn't have to interview. PM for stats!

I submitted 11/14 and went complete 11/16 so that was extremely fast turnaround. I can confirm that the status checker says that I've been admitted and there is info on seat deposit and such. Phone number area code is 310 and mine came in the early morning so clear your throats before you pick up the phone LOL

Congrats!!!


Thank you so much!! :D :D

User avatar
Christinabruin

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Christinabruin » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:01 am

brinicolec wrote:I'm assuming the checker never changes to UR then? (Haven't seen anyone mention going UR)


Mine only went complete!

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:51 am

Christinabruin wrote:
brinicolec wrote:I'm assuming the checker never changes to UR then? (Haven't seen anyone mention going UR)


Mine only went complete!


Hm, so no UR and some people are getting calls but some people are simply seeing it on the status checker?

Finally, my incessant status checker checking seems reasonable :lol:

User avatar
Christinabruin

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: UCLA Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Christinabruin » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:59 am

brinicolec wrote:
Christinabruin wrote:
brinicolec wrote:I'm assuming the checker never changes to UR then? (Haven't seen anyone mention going UR)


Mine only went complete!


Hm, so no UR and some people are getting calls but some people are simply seeing it on the status checker?

Finally, my incessant status checker checking seems reasonable :lol:


Haha at least mine didn't go to UR! I only got a call on 11/23 and received a welcome packet in the mail yesterday.

I just checked my status checker again to see if I might have missed the UR message but it only shows up to "Complete" on 11/16 and then a "Congratulations on your admission to UCLA School of Law!" message on top lol



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests