USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dsberkeley

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby dsberkeley » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:24 pm

Got the email. Not thrilled but not surprised given my stats. Does anyone who applied for the public interest scholarship know if that information was also released/ decided on today?

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:26 pm

pandaaa wrote:Just got the scholly letter!

USC Gould Merit Scholarship = $157.5k ($52.5k per academic year)

same here. gotta love them dolla bills

User avatar
Torres1893

Bronze
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Torres1893 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:39 pm

Only got 75k. Looks like I'll be attending somewhere else.

My LSAT is at 25th so I was expecting 90k or less.

playersball

Bronze
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:58 am

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby playersball » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:43 pm

dsberkeley wrote:Got the email. Not thrilled but not surprised given my stats. Does anyone who applied for the public interest scholarship know if that information was also released/ decided on today?


I did not get any info on the public interest scholarship, so would also be interested in knowing if anyone has heard anything

mrtux45

Bronze
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:08 am

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby mrtux45 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:43 pm

I'm curious how other schools will evaluate and compare competing offers from USC though.

Their tuition is one of the highest, so couldn't their scholarships be considered inflated in order to keep pace with other tuitions that are like mid/low 50k?

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk

Gold
Posts: 3248
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:51 pm

mrtux45 wrote:I'm curious how other schools will evaluate and compare competing offers from USC though.

Their tuition is one of the highest, so couldn't their scholarships be considered inflated in order to keep pace with other tuitions that are like mid/low 50k?



I would imagine schools will analyze cost of attendance after scholarship as opposed to gross numbers. But that's an assumption

User avatar
hammy393

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby hammy393 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:55 pm

got 75K. URM, around the medians for LSAT/GPA

bulldog5

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby bulldog5 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:00 pm

chargers21 wrote:
pandaaa wrote:Just got the scholly letter!

USC Gould Merit Scholarship = $157.5k ($52.5k per academic year)

same here. gotta love them dolla bills


Same! This equals the offer I got from WUSTL. It's a lot cheaper to live in St. Louis though.
Last edited by bulldog5 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
whodareswins

Bronze
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:47 am

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby whodareswins » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:01 pm

bulldog5 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
pandaaa wrote:Just got the scholly letter!

USC Gould Merit Scholarship = $157.5k ($52.5k per academic year)

same here. gotta love them dolla bills


Same! This equals the offer I got from WUSTL. I honestly didn't expect to get this much from any California schools, makes my decision a little more difficult.


Same amount here. Wonder how difficult it would be to bump this to a full ride...

RedPurpleBlue

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby RedPurpleBlue » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:06 pm

$126k GPA > 75th, LSAT = 50th. I was expecting $120k, so it was a pleasant surprise.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk

Gold
Posts: 3248
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:15 pm

whodareswins wrote:
bulldog5 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
pandaaa wrote:Just got the scholly letter!

USC Gould Merit Scholarship = $157.5k ($52.5k per academic year)

same here. gotta love them dolla bills


Same! This equals the offer I got from WUSTL. I honestly didn't expect to get this much from any California schools, makes my decision a little more difficult.


Same amount here. Wonder how difficult it would be to bump this to a full ride...

i was wondering the same

JD_Kingfish

Bronze
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby JD_Kingfish » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:30 pm

$157,500. More than expected. At/Above both 75ths.

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:50 pm

rozes wrote:From the numbers posted on LSN, it looks they want their GPA > 50s. I'm splitting with an LSAT > 75, and only got 45K total. Unless something was subpar on my app.

Wait 45k for all three years in total?

ray.bee

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby ray.bee » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:59 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
whodareswins wrote:
bulldog5 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
pandaaa wrote:Just got the scholly letter!

USC Gould Merit Scholarship = $157.5k ($52.5k per academic year)

same here. gotta love them dolla bills


Same! This equals the offer I got from WUSTL. I honestly didn't expect to get this much from any California schools, makes my decision a little more difficult.


Same amount here. Wonder how difficult it would be to bump this to a full ride...

i was wondering the same


Yeah, I want to see if they will match WUSTL.. Its a 5k diff. per year for me, but every bit helps, especially when USC is almost 10k more in tuition.

whatupbrobro

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:25 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby whatupbrobro » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:12 pm

@ray.bee numbers??

hernandp

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby hernandp » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:43 pm

120K total! $40,000 each year. LSAT below 50th and GPA greater than 50th percentile. URM and went to USC for undergrad.

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:10 pm

I can't be mad. I was lucky to even get in lol. Love softs lol. 75k total isn't bad.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk

Gold
Posts: 3248
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:21 pm

how accurate is their living expense prediction

RedPurpleBlue

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby RedPurpleBlue » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:23 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:how accurate is their living expense prediction


+1

User avatar
PrezRand

Gold
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby PrezRand » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:33 pm

Torres1893 wrote:Only got 75k. Looks like I'll be attending somewhere else.

My LSAT is at 25th so I was expecting 90k or less.

Damn. Where are you looking at now?

User avatar
PrezRand

Gold
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby PrezRand » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:35 pm

Js1482 wrote:Just got my scholly offer! 126k a year. Pretty stoked!!

What in the absolute fk? Dude congrats!

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk

Gold
Posts: 3248
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:40 pm

PrezRand wrote:
Js1482 wrote:Just got my scholly offer! 126k a year. Pretty stoked!!

What in the absolute fk? Dude congrats!

is this for real. coa is 85k i just dont think theyd give 40k over that. ive seen a few ppl say 126k in total, r u sure didnt just read wrong

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:40 pm

magdalena92 wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:75,000 man


Are these for all three years or per year?

All three combined lol

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:00 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
Js1482 wrote:Just got my scholly offer! 126k a year. Pretty stoked!!

What in the absolute fk? Dude congrats!

is this for real. coa is 85k i just dont think theyd give 40k over that. ive seen a few ppl say 126k in total, r u sure didnt just read wrong


Obvi a typo or error. No way anyone getting $378,000 scholly lol.

User avatar
Torres1893

Bronze
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Torres1893 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:49 pm

PrezRand wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:Only got 75k. Looks like I'll be attending somewhere else.

My LSAT is at 25th so I was expecting 90k or less.

Damn. Where are you looking at now?


Bloomington is looking real nice now with that full ride :lol:

I wrote my LOR writers an update email, and one of them (who I respect a lot) told me she got her PhD at IU Bloomington and said the school is great, so I'm feeling more confident about going there. Other than that I'm waiting on the scholly offer from Notre Dame. If I get like 90k or more from them I think I'm going to go, since I'm probably going to get dinged at UT and Mich.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lawschool123456, sgsandov and 11 guests