USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mcssports1

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby mcssports1 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:27 pm

Does anyone know how long USC usually takes to release scholarship information after admission? Got in 10 days ago and no word yet.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:30 pm

chili_davis wrote:
brinicolec wrote:I've been UR since 1/9 :( lol


Are they doing CR1/CR2 this year as far as status goes? Or will we just go from complete to UR? I've been complete since early December :shock:


It goes from complete to in review!

User avatar
Torres1893

Bronze
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Torres1893 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:32 pm

mcssports1 wrote:Does anyone know how long USC usually takes to release scholarship information after admission? Got in 10 days ago and no word yet.


I'm positive they said in the email or admitted students portal they would start sending out scholarship info in late January, but someone else mentioned that last year they sent out offers in February.

snowball17

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:32 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby snowball17 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:48 pm

brinicolec wrote:
chili_davis wrote:
brinicolec wrote:I've been UR since 1/9 :( lol


Are they doing CR1/CR2 this year as far as status goes? Or will we just go from complete to UR? I've been complete since early December :shock:


It goes from complete to in review!


Once it's in review, do you know how long it takes to receive a decision?

User avatar
chili_davis

Bronze
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby chili_davis » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:57 pm

brinicolec wrote:
chili_davis wrote:
brinicolec wrote:I've been UR since 1/9 :( lol


Are they doing CR1/CR2 this year as far as status goes? Or will we just go from complete to UR? I've been complete since early December :shock:


It goes from complete to in review!


Thanks! Here's to waiting..

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:42 pm

Torres1893 wrote:
mcssports1 wrote:Does anyone know how long USC usually takes to release scholarship information after admission? Got in 10 days ago and no word yet.


I'm positive they said in the email or admitted students portal they would start sending out scholarship info in late January, but someone else mentioned that last year they sent out offers in February.

Yepp, that was me. Last year they said late January and sent them Feb 10th. They said late January this year, I'm betting February.

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:47 pm

Torres1893 wrote:
mcssports1 wrote:Does anyone know how long USC usually takes to release scholarship information after admission? Got in 10 days ago and no word yet.


I'm positive they said in the email or admitted students portal they would start sending out scholarship info in late January, but someone else mentioned that last year they sent out offers in February.

Yeah in the letter they said end of January. So it has to be this week or next week.

User avatar
Torres1893

Bronze
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Torres1893 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:56 pm

Just got an email from the facebook group that scholarship offers will be sent out tomorrow via email!!!

Edit: Quote from Facebook group
"We anticipate that scholarship notifications will be released tomorrow. The official notification will come via e-mail so please be on the lookout. Also, there are still spaces available for anybody interested in attending the PILAF Auction on Thursday evening."

ray.bee

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby ray.bee » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:59 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:
mcssports1 wrote:Does anyone know how long USC usually takes to release scholarship information after admission? Got in 10 days ago and no word yet.


I'm positive they said in the email or admitted students portal they would start sending out scholarship info in late January, but someone else mentioned that last year they sent out offers in February.

Yeah in the letter they said end of January. So it has to be this week or next week.


LOLZ the dean just said tomorrow on FB.

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:12 pm

Torres1893 wrote:Just got an email from the facebook group that scholarship offers will be sent out tomorrow via email!!!

Edit: Quote from Facebook group
"We anticipate that scholarship notifications will be released tomorrow. The official notification will come via e-mail so please be on the lookout. Also, there are still spaces available for anybody interested in attending the PILAF Auction on Thursday evening."

Yay I'm so excited lol. Thank you for the info.

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:16 pm

ray.bee wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:
mcssports1 wrote:Does anyone know how long USC usually takes to release scholarship information after admission? Got in 10 days ago and no word yet.


I'm positive they said in the email or admitted students portal they would start sending out scholarship info in late January, but someone else mentioned that last year they sent out offers in February.

Yeah in the letter they said end of January. So it has to be this week or next week.


LOLZ the dean just said tomorrow on FB.

Thank you :D I'm so excited lol. I don't have facebook.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:17 pm

Torres1893 wrote:Just got an email from the facebook group that scholarship offers will be sent out tomorrow via email!!!

Edit: Quote from Facebook group
"We anticipate that scholarship notifications will be released tomorrow. The official notification will come via e-mail so please be on the lookout. Also, there are still spaces available for anybody interested in attending the PILAF Auction on Thursday evening."

Yepp, saw this like moments after posting that I thought it'd be February. My bad guys :shock: Super excited though!!!!!!!

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:18 pm

chargers21 wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:Just got an email from the facebook group that scholarship offers will be sent out tomorrow via email!!!

Edit: Quote from Facebook group
"We anticipate that scholarship notifications will be released tomorrow. The official notification will come via e-mail so please be on the lookout. Also, there are still spaces available for anybody interested in attending the PILAF Auction on Thursday evening."

Yepp, saw this like moments after posting that I thought it'd be February. My bad guys :shock: Super excited though!!!!!!!

Hopefully it isn't just GPA and LSAT. They said they weigh the whole application lol. Hoping that is true.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:57 pm

Image

ray.bee

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby ray.bee » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:58 am

chargers21 wrote:Image


*likes post*

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:17 am

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:47 am

Guys, anyone who has applied to Rothman got an admit? Any info on how the rothman applicants are treated and the timeline?

I applied first week Jan and complete ever since.

User avatar
Christinabruin

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Christinabruin » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:50 am

Mr_Chukes wrote:
ray.bee wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:
mcssports1 wrote:Does anyone know how long USC usually takes to release scholarship information after admission? Got in 10 days ago and no word yet.


I'm positive they said in the email or admitted students portal they would start sending out scholarship info in late January, but someone else mentioned that last year they sent out offers in February.

Yeah in the letter they said end of January. So it has to be this week or next week.


LOLZ the dean just said tomorrow on FB.

Thank you :D I'm so excited lol. I don't have facebook.


Yay! I was accepted recently (1/13) so I hope I'm part of this scholly wave :)
On a side note, I got a package from USC today and it was a copy of their law magazine so I had my hopes all up for nothing until I saw this post lol

jtawil

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:47 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby jtawil » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:27 am

snowball17 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
chili_davis wrote:
brinicolec wrote:I've been UR since 1/9 :( lol


Are they doing CR1/CR2 this year as far as status goes? Or will we just go from complete to UR? I've been complete since early December :shock:


It goes from complete to in review!


Once it's in review, do you know how long it takes to receive a decision?

How long does it take to receive a decision from when your status checker goes "in review"?

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk

Gold
Posts: 3248
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:12 am

jtawil wrote:
snowball17 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
chili_davis wrote:
brinicolec wrote:I've been UR since 1/9 :( lol


Are they doing CR1/CR2 this year as far as status goes? Or will we just go from complete to UR? I've been complete since early December :shock:


It goes from complete to in review!


Once it's in review, do you know how long it takes to receive a decision?

How long does it take to receive a decision from when your status checker goes "in review"?


i never checked my status checker b4 i got my decision but from what ive gathered on here you should get a decision that friday or the next.

angelfan5589

New
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:51 am

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby angelfan5589 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:51 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
jtawil wrote:
snowball17 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
chili_davis wrote:
brinicolec wrote:I've been UR since 1/9 :( lol


Are they doing CR1/CR2 this year as far as status goes? Or will we just go from complete to UR? I've been complete since early December :shock:


It goes from complete to in review!


Once it's in review, do you know how long it takes to receive a decision?

How long does it take to receive a decision from when your status checker goes "in review"?


i never checked my status checker b4 i got my decision but from what ive gathered on here you should get a decision that friday or the next.


USC doesn't give out dings till February so if you've been waiting a while, you might want to keep that in mind. What are your stats?

User avatar
Torres1893

Bronze
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Torres1893 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:50 am

jtawil wrote:
snowball17 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
chili_davis wrote:
brinicolec wrote:I've been UR since 1/9 :( lol


Are they doing CR1/CR2 this year as far as status goes? Or will we just go from complete to UR? I've been complete since early December :shock:


It goes from complete to in review!


Once it's in review, do you know how long it takes to receive a decision?

How long does it take to receive a decision from when your status checker goes "in review"?


For me it took about 35-40 days. I went in review 12/1 and got a decision the first Friday of January. Some people in here went in review in early January and got a decision in like 2 weeks.

jdanz

Bronze
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:48 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby jdanz » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:56 am

I'm curious to see if I get more $$$ this cycle for an earlier app, one point higher lsat, and slightly increased GPA

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk

Gold
Posts: 3248
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:33 am

angelfan5589 wrote:USC doesn't give out dings till February so if you've been waiting a while, you might want to keep that in mind. What are your stats?


75th<lsat, 75th<GPA

went complete 1/10, decision on 1/20

no word on $ yet, email said late jan

Ashleighjarm

New
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Ashleighjarm » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:44 am

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) wrote:Guys, anyone who has applied to Rothman got an admit? Any info on how the rothman applicants are treated and the timeline?

I applied first week Jan and complete ever since.


I applied in November and got my acceptance 1/13. No word on Rothman though.

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:17 am

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:55 am

Ashleighjarm wrote:
BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) wrote:Guys, anyone who has applied to Rothman got an admit? Any info on how the rothman applicants are treated and the timeline?

I applied first week Jan and complete ever since.


I applied in November and got my acceptance 1/13. No word on Rothman though.


Cool. Thanks! I am waiting. Good luck to you !!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 33 guests