UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Houzy

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:12 pm

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Houzy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:48 pm

WamBamThankYouMaam wrote:
Houzy wrote:
WamBamThankYouMaam wrote:Just got an email saying to expect a decision by mid-April at the latest. I'm going to email admissions tomorrow to withdraw my app because I don't plan on forfeiting my deposit wherever I go. Waiting to hear back about my scholarship app at FSU and then I'll decide between W&L and FSU. Good luck to everyone still waiting.



When are W&L and FSU's deposits due? Honestly think you should hold off a bit longer. I went to UF's ASD on Friday and will be attending and I encourage you (as well as any others) to keep waiting for a decision. The atmosphere of that school and its students was amazing.

W&L is April 15 and FSU is April 17. I'm just ready to commit somewhere and start apartment hunting and everything haha. I might hold out another week or two, but I'm just gonna play it by ear going forward.


I know how you feel. Just know that Gainesville has a SHIT TON of apartments so if that's your concern I wouldn't worry. However, I can't speak in regards to Tallahassee or where W&L is at :?

User avatar
jcburns

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:14 pm

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jcburns » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Depending on their definition of mid-April, they're asking a lot of people to cut those deposit deadlines pretty close. Most people don't have hundreds of dollars to throw away on multiple schools' deposits.

MOLaw

New
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:56 pm

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby MOLaw » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:40 pm

I too got the same email! Ugh! I hope mid-April is a safety next and it's closer to early April. I don't want to have to make a split decision without much time to think, nor do I want to pay multiple seat deposits. UF is my #1 choice.

User avatar
jcburns

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:14 pm

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jcburns » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:11 pm

Agreed! UF is still my first choice too.

michelekfla

New
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:43 pm

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby michelekfla » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:37 pm

jcburns wrote:Depending on their definition of mid-April, they're asking a lot of people to cut those deposit deadlines pretty close. Most people don't have hundreds of dollars to throw away on multiple schools' deposits.


According to the email I received after being accepted, Uf's first seat deposit is due April 14th so I'm guessing they're waiting to see how many pay the deposit before accepting more applicants?

MOLaw

New
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:56 pm

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby MOLaw » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:07 am

So, I just decided to comb through the UF c/o 2019 Applicants board. It looks like the they are being more stringent on who they accept. I thought my stats were medians but it looks like they are more 25% percentile. Based on the 509 report, no one was given full tuition last year. Only 15 students were given more than full tuition. My faith is wavering but I'm still holding out hope!

intlbr

Bronze
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby intlbr » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:34 pm

So, they just updated my status from "Under Review" to "Initial Review Complete - No Decision Made". I know someone mentioned getting in after this, but it does sound like I'm being shelved... Is there anybody else in this position?

User avatar
jcburns

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:14 pm

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jcburns » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:38 pm

intlbr wrote:So, they just updated my status from "Under Review" to "Initial Review Complete - No Decision Made". I know someone mentioned getting in after this, but it does sound like I'm being shelved... Is there anybody else in this position?

Yes, I've been at that status since 2/19. Still hoping for a miracle.

michelekfla

New
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:43 pm

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby michelekfla » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:41 pm

jcburns wrote:
intlbr wrote:So, they just updated my status from "Under Review" to "Initial Review Complete - No Decision Made". I know someone mentioned getting in after this, but it does sound like I'm being shelved... Is there anybody else in this position?

Yes, I've been at that status since 2/19. Still hoping for a miracle.


I was at "no decision made" for many weeks and then was admitted with 70% scholly. I'm a reverse splitter.

intlbr

Bronze
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby intlbr » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:46 pm

michelekfla wrote:
jcburns wrote:
intlbr wrote:So, they just updated my status from "Under Review" to "Initial Review Complete - No Decision Made". I know someone mentioned getting in after this, but it does sound like I'm being shelved... Is there anybody else in this position?

Yes, I've been at that status since 2/19. Still hoping for a miracle.


I was at "no decision made" for many weeks and then was admitted with 70% scholly. I'm a reverse splitter.

You give me hope!!!!!!

marshallu

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:38 pm

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby marshallu » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:50 pm

michelekfla wrote:
jcburns wrote:
intlbr wrote:So, they just updated my status from "Under Review" to "Initial Review Complete - No Decision Made". I know someone mentioned getting in after this, but it does sound like I'm being shelved... Is there anybody else in this position?

Yes, I've been at that status since 2/19. Still hoping for a miracle.


I was at "no decision made" for many weeks and then was admitted with 70% scholly. I'm a reverse splitter.


Been there since November 30th... definitely feel like Im being shelved.

Summer1234

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:56 am

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Summer1234 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:02 am

michelekfla wrote:
jcburns wrote:
intlbr wrote:So, they just updated my status from "Under Review" to "Initial Review Complete - No Decision Made". I know someone mentioned getting in after this, but it does sound like I'm being shelved... Is there anybody else in this position?

Yes, I've been at that status since 2/19. Still hoping for a miracle.


I was at "no decision made" for many weeks and then was admitted with 70% scholly. I'm a reverse splitter.


My status just changed from "Under Review" to "No Decision Made" on March 17 and got a email telling me they will make a decision before Mid April ... Do you mind sharing your stats? I'm really hoping for UF!

User avatar
smashbash

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:48 am

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby smashbash » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:33 pm

I just had my scholarship upped to 100%... unsolicited!

Between flying me out for ASD and 100% tuition, UF is really swaying me (and making my decision before deposit deadline more and more difficult).

User avatar
BarMan

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:41 pm

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BarMan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:49 pm

smashbash wrote:I just had my scholarship upped to 100%... unsolicited!

Between flying me out for ASD and 100% tuition, UF is really swaying me (and making my decision before deposit deadline more and more difficult).


Damn, that's awesome!! Congrats!

I'll say this, UF sure does a damn good job trying to entice students to attend. They put on a very good show for ASD too.

User avatar
smashbash

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:48 am

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby smashbash » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:21 pm

BarMan wrote:
smashbash wrote:I just had my scholarship upped to 100%... unsolicited!

Between flying me out for ASD and 100% tuition, UF is really swaying me (and making my decision before deposit deadline more and more difficult).


Damn, that's awesome!! Congrats!

I'll say this, UF sure does a damn good job trying to entice students to attend. They put on a very good show for ASD too.


Thanks!! And now I'm pretty excited for ASD... I'm going to the 4/7 one.

Houzy

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:12 pm

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Houzy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:38 pm

smashbash wrote:
BarMan wrote:
smashbash wrote:I just had my scholarship upped to 100%... unsolicited!

Between flying me out for ASD and 100% tuition, UF is really swaying me (and making my decision before deposit deadline more and more difficult).


Damn, that's awesome!! Congrats!

I'll say this, UF sure does a damn good job trying to entice students to attend. They put on a very good show for ASD too.


Thanks!! And now I'm pretty excited for ASD... I'm going to the 4/7 one.


They're flying you out for ASD? By the way, that's awesome!

User avatar
smashbash

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:48 am

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby smashbash » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:15 pm

Houzy wrote:
smashbash wrote:
BarMan wrote:
smashbash wrote:I just had my scholarship upped to 100%... unsolicited!

Between flying me out for ASD and 100% tuition, UF is really swaying me (and making my decision before deposit deadline more and more difficult).


Damn, that's awesome!! Congrats!

I'll say this, UF sure does a damn good job trying to entice students to attend. They put on a very good show for ASD too.


Thanks!! And now I'm pretty excited for ASD... I'm going to the 4/7 one.


They're flying you out for ASD? By the way, that's awesome!


Thanks! Yea they sent an email out (idk to how many people) offering the "Fly-In Program," they pay for flight, transportation to/from airport, hotel, and food. So, I definitely jumped on that haha.

jag13

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:54 pm

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jag13 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:03 am

UF is becoming a strong competitor for me, they upped my scholarship, and offered me free transportation, hotel, and meals for ASD.

l3g@l33s3

New
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:44 pm

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby l3g@l33s3 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:29 am

jag13 wrote:UF is becoming a strong competitor for me, they upped my scholarship, and offered me free transportation, hotel, and meals for ASD.


Can you share your stats?

intlbr

Bronze
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby intlbr » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:00 pm

Guys, after your statuses changed to "No decision made", did you send any additional documents to UF? I sent a "Why UF" with my application, as well as 3 LORs and both a PS and a DS, but I feel like sending additional documents will reinforce my interest in the University. UF is one of my top choices...

michelekfla

New
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:43 pm

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby michelekfla » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:30 pm

intlbr wrote:Guys, after your statuses changed to "No decision made", did you send any additional documents to UF? I sent a "Why UF" with my application, as well as 3 LORs and both a PS and a DS, but I feel like sending additional documents will reinforce my interest in the University. UF is one of my top choices...


I didn't send in any additional info. I was accepted after a few weeks of "no decision made" status.

brownellewoods

New
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brownellewoods » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:24 am

michelekfla wrote:
intlbr wrote:Guys, after your statuses changed to "No decision made", did you send any additional documents to UF? I sent a "Why UF" with my application, as well as 3 LORs and both a PS and a DS, but I feel like sending additional documents will reinforce my interest in the University. UF is one of my top choices...


I didn't send in any additional info. I was accepted after a few weeks of "no decision made" status.


That's good news! This is my status now. TBH I think UF puts that status for everyone that's not "auto-admit" worthy because from LSN analysis, unlike FSU they don't start rejecting people until April.

User avatar
sanger

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sanger » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:36 pm

smashbash wrote:
BarMan wrote:
smashbash wrote:I just had my scholarship upped to 100%... unsolicited!

Between flying me out for ASD and 100% tuition, UF is really swaying me (and making my decision before deposit deadline more and more difficult).


Damn, that's awesome!! Congrats!

I'll say this, UF sure does a damn good job trying to entice students to attend. They put on a very good show for ASD too.


Thanks!! And now I'm pretty excited for ASD... I'm going to the 4/7 one.


They're flying me out for ASD too! See you there!

User avatar
smashbash

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:48 am

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby smashbash » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:31 am

sanger wrote:They're flying me out for ASD too! See you there!


Nice!! I'll make sure to wear my TLS sweatshirt :wink:

law1993

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby law1993 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:34 pm

Hi everyone! How long did it take to get a decision after your application went into review? My application was complete for almost a month, and just now says it is under review. Thanks!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mgm03831 and 4 guests