UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Lasow

New

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Lasow » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:25 am

jcburns wrote:
Lasow wrote:
jcburns wrote:
Lasow wrote:
jcraze523 wrote:I've been stuck at "Initial review complete- No decision made." for almost a month -_-

Same except 2 months. I know it's not much but help but I believe they will give us a decision by April

Just out of curiosity, what makes you say we'll have decisions by April? Their website says decisions continue through late July.

I got an email saying my status was no decision made and decisions would be out in "early spring." I also remember seeing by April somewhere else but I can't seem to find it.

Gotcha. Thank you for sharing! I didn't get an email when my status changed. I've been trying to be patient, but I'm failing miserably.

I feel you. I'm a reverse splitter for most schools and I'm having a roughish cycle so I feel your pain

hegotmoneyyyyy

New

Postby hegotmoneyyyyy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:35 pm

brinicolec wrote:Applied 2/11, just got an email letting me know I'm in with the Governor's Scholarship (100% tuition).

25 < GPA < 50, LSAT >>> 75, URM.

Was mostly looking at T20s, but this possibility of minimal debt and being in Florida is definitely tempting me.......

Only do it if you're trying to work in Florida after school. If not, T20s are waaayyyyyyyyy better as far as finding a job goes.

marshallu

New

Postby marshallu » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:50 pm

Submitted my application in October went to Initial Review Complete-No Decision Made in December and haven't heard anything since. LSAT: 159 and GPA: 3.53 should I just give up and commit to FSU? 5 months cant be a good sign..

Houzy

New

Postby Houzy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:24 pm

Last edited by Houzy on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

jcburns

New

Postby jcburns » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:57 pm

marshallu wrote:Submitted my application in October went to Initial Review Complete-No Decision Made in December and haven't heard anything since. LSAT: 159 and GPA: 3.53 should I just give up and commit to FSU? 5 months cant be a good sign..

Your numbers are near the median for both. If you really want UF over FSU, I don't think you should just give up now. When is FSU's seat deposit due?

marshallu

New

Postby marshallu » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:47 am

Houzy wrote:
marshallu wrote:Submitted my application in October went to Initial Review Complete-No Decision Made in December and haven't heard anything since. LSAT: 159 and GPA: 3.53 should I just give up and commit to FSU? 5 months cant be a good sign..

I would maybe consider sending a LOCI. Or even simply an email asking for an update. That is quite a while though. It all depends on how badly you want UF over FSU.

Ive emailed an updated resume which I called about and they forgot to add. And I've called just to check on everything and they give a bunch of generic unhelpful answers. I got 65% to FSU so unless I get some kind of money from UF I dont think Id pick them and now Im thinking my chances of scholarship there are really slim.

marshallu

New

Postby marshallu » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:49 am

jcburns wrote:

Your numbers are near the median for both. If you really want UF over FSU, I don't think you should just give up now. When is FSU's seat deposit due?

Its due mid April, the 17th I think and UF is saying theyll let everybody know hopefully by end of April :( I got 65% to got to FSU so I thought Id definitely at least get in to UF but now Im thinking not so much. I could see a couple months but this is just crazy.

BarMan

New

Postby BarMan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:27 am

marshallu wrote:
jcburns wrote:

Its due mid April, the 17th I think and UF is saying theyll let everybody know hopefully by end of April :( I got 65% to got to FSU so I thought Id definitely at least get in to UF but now Im thinking not so much. I could see a couple months but this is just crazy.

Yeah, I would definitely wait until you absolutely have to put the seat deposit down for FSU. You still have 6+ weeks, which is an eternity in the admissions world. A lot of the cycles for all schools seem to be volatile this year--- people with above average numbers who applied in Oct haven't even gone under review, while people with lesser numbers who applied in late Jan have gotten in with $$. So I would just stay the course for now, as frustrating as it is, but keep a number in mind that you'd need from UF for negotiating purposes and/or to be able to make a quick decision if needed. Good luck!

marshallu

New

Postby marshallu » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:47 am

BarMan wrote:
marshallu wrote:
jcburns wrote:

Yeah, I would definitely wait until you absolutely have to put the seat deposit down for FSU. You still have 6+ weeks, which is an eternity in the admissions world. A lot of the cycles for all schools seem to be volatile this year--- people with above average numbers who applied in Oct haven't even gone under review, while people with lesser numbers who applied in late Jan have gotten in with $$. So I would just stay the course for now, as frustrating as it is, but keep a number in mind that you'd need from UF for negotiating purposes and/or to be able to make a quick decision if needed. Good luck!

ugh I know its just so frustrating I applied early so Id hear back earlier and plan and make decisions right away. Im trying to be patient but its hard to stay positive this long. Thank you!!

jcburns

New

Postby jcburns » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:25 pm

marshallu wrote:
BarMan wrote:
marshallu wrote:
jcburns wrote:

ugh I know its just so frustrating I applied early so Id hear back earlier and plan and make decisions right away. Im trying to be patient but its hard to stay positive this long. Thank you!!

I feel your pain. I have not just myself to move, but a wife, daughter, and pets, so we pretty much have to buy a house. That's a fairly long process and I'd love to have my decisions soon.

Just try to take comfort in the fact that since you haven't gotten a rejection, they're still considering you. I got two rejections relatively quickly from other schools, so at least you're not in that "not a chance" pile.

marshallu

New

Postby marshallu » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:19 pm

jcburns wrote:
marshallu wrote:
BarMan wrote:
marshallu wrote:
jcburns wrote:

I feel your pain. I have not just myself to move, but a wife, daughter, and pets, so we pretty much have to buy a house. That's a fairly long process and I'd love to have my decisions soon.

Just try to take comfort in the fact that since you haven't gotten a rejection, they're still considering you. I got two rejections relatively quickly from other schools, so at least you're not in that "not a chance" pile.

Yeah thats brutal I cant even imagine. I'm mostly mad because I rushed everything and made sure I submitted it so early because everyone said youll have the best chance that way and now I feel like it meant nothing to do that. Thats true and I am definitely open to FSU still so we'll see.

lavarman84

Platinum

Postby lavarman84 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:22 am

Have you tried sending an email to admissions reaffirming your interest in UF?

marshallu

New

Postby marshallu » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:31 am

lawman84 wrote:

Not really. I kind of wrote a short email that said that when I sent in my updated resume to be considered but maybe I should write a real letter.

vlj1994

New

Postby vlj1994 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:20 pm

My status moved to "Review Complete - Decision Made" today around 1pm, and I still haven't heard anything! Should I be concerned???

3.4/166

celticsfan

New

Postby celticsfan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:22 pm

vlj1994 wrote:My status moved to "Review Complete - Decision Made" today around 1pm, and I still haven't heard anything! Should I be concerned???

3.4/166

You'll get an email probably later tonight. With those numbers you should get a really nice scholarship.

WamBamThankYouMaam

Bronze

Postby WamBamThankYouMaam » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:18 pm

marshallu wrote:
lawman84 wrote:

Not really. I kind of wrote a short email that said that when I sent in my updated resume to be considered but maybe I should write a real letter.

I sent them an email with an attachment reaffirming my interest on 2/20 and never got a reply back. Should I resend it? How long should I wait before sending it again?

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Postby Legallylawyer2020 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:55 pm

Applied Monday. They got my February lsat score Wednesday and I was accepted today!

Lasow

New

Postby Lasow » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:05 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:Applied Monday. They got my February lsat score Wednesday and I was accepted today!

Congrats! Extremely jealous I applied in nov and still don't have a decision. Can you pm your stats?

lavarman84

Platinum

Postby lavarman84 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:36 pm

WamBamThankYouMaam wrote:
marshallu wrote:
lawman84 wrote:

I sent them an email with an attachment reaffirming my interest on 2/20 and never got a reply back. Should I resend it? How long should I wait before sending it again?

If you sent something recently, I'd just wait. Nothing you can do.

Toplawschool0000000

New

Postby Toplawschool0000000 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:09 am

Is there a specific date that people need to accept their scholarships by? Is there a different form than the offer to accept? I lost my acceptance/scholarship letter (president's scholarship), and I wasn't sure if there were any earlier dates/scholarship acceptance forms that i should be aware of. Is there an electronic copy of my scholarship? My emails never mentioned the scholarship, only the hard copy had the details (which I unfortunately lost).

marshallu

New

Postby marshallu » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:49 am

WamBamThankYouMaam wrote:
marshallu wrote:
lawman84 wrote:

If I were you Id call and make sure they got it. I never heard anything when I sent in my resume and then I called to check on it and they had completely forgotten to add it to my file. They were like oh thanks for calling it never even made it to your file!

Houzy

New

Postby Houzy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:37 am

Anybody going to ASD on the 17th?

darthlawyer

Bronze

Postby darthlawyer » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:12 pm

first wave of Rejections coming this week?
good luck everybody.

onecallthats all

Bronze

Postby onecallthats all » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:21 pm

Houzy wrote:Anybody going to ASD on the 17th?

Im going! All the way from Utah as well. I could not be more excited!

BarMan

New

Postby BarMan » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:29 pm

Houzy wrote:Anybody going to ASD on the 17th?

I am!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?