UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NeverfoundNemo

New

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by NeverfoundNemo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:30 am

Summer1234 wrote:I'm not sure if this information is relevant. I just received an email reply from UF regarding touring the campus. I've been in "No Decision Made" Status since March 19. I requested to tour the campus about 3 weeks ago, but heard nothing back until yesterday. So I'm not sure if this is a good sign for me as they are considering admitting me, for everyone still waiting as there is some movements, or it's just no big deal as I'm thinking too much.
I would not consider this any indication. They are flooded with emails I know becaUse I sent in a change to my application and didn't hear back for three weeks, and only when I called did they reply to the email. In other news, last 4 nights I have had dreams about rejection from law school and I've gotten like no sleep. This process is taking a toll on me!

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:57 pm

Pretty sure 4/28 is the big day guys.

mjw36

New

Post by mjw36 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:45 pm

brownellewoods wrote:Pretty sure 4/28 is the big day guys.
I hope it's earlier, but I think you might be really close.

Summer1234

New

Post by Summer1234 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:05 pm

Why 4/28? Did you hear something from the office?

jcraze523

New

Post by jcraze523 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:14 pm

So much for "Mid-April"

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:06 pm

Summer1234 wrote:
2015-16 mass LSN applicants received updates on 4/28.

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:07 pm

brownellewoods wrote:
Summer1234 wrote:
2015-16 mass LSN applicants received updates on 4/28.
ALSO few TLS 2015-16 applicants received accept/denies on 4/22 & 4/23

crazystressed123

New

Post by crazystressed123 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:45 am

Has anyone heard anything? Could they have possibly filled all of their c/o 2020 by now? Bugging out, this is the only decision I am waiting on. Just need an answer, regardless of what it is :?

StetsonU

New

Post by StetsonU » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:22 am

crazystressed123 wrote:Has anyone heard anything? Could they have possibly filled all of their c/o 2020 by now? Bugging out, this is the only decision I am waiting on. Just need an answer, regardless of what it is :?
Lsn says 310 matriculated so that has to be getting close comparing to previous years. Not sure how accurate or up to date that number is though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lasow

New

Post by Lasow » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:25 am

StetsonU wrote:
crazystressed123 wrote:Has anyone heard anything? Could they have possibly filled all of their c/o 2020 by now? Bugging out, this is the only decision I am waiting on. Just need an answer, regardless of what it is :?
Lsn says 310 matriculated so that has to be getting close comparing to previous years. Not sure how accurate or up to date that number is though.
LSN has said that for months so I do not believe it is accurate. Only a handful of people have switched their status to "attending" but that shouldn't really be considered accurate either for a number of reasons.

Orlandocity

New

Post by Orlandocity » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:19 pm

+1

witty4242

New

Post by witty4242 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:39 pm

Has anyone received a response to their LOCI? I sent one after the hold email in mid-march and have yet to receive a reply. Thanks

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:51 pm

witty4242 wrote:Has anyone received a response to their LOCI? I sent one after the hold email in mid-march and have yet to receive a reply. Thanks
I asked about whether I should send in a LOCI a few days ago to an admissions person, they told me those are only helpful if you were waitlisted, not put on hold, and they haven't yet waitlisted anyone ... so LOCI's are probably annoying them because they are irrelevant at this point in time.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jcburns

New

Post by jcburns » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:01 pm

brownellewoods wrote:
witty4242 wrote:Has anyone received a response to their LOCI? I sent one after the hold email in mid-march and have yet to receive a reply. Thanks
I asked about whether I should send in a LOCI a few days ago to an admissions person, they told me those are only helpful if you were waitlisted, not put on hold, and they haven't yet waitlisted anyone ... so LOCI's are probably annoying them because they are irrelevant at this point in time.
They told you those are only helpful if waitlisted? They sent out that email a while back asking for them. This is aggravating.

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:07 pm

jcburns wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:
They told you those are only helpful if waitlisted? They sent out that email a while back asking for them. This is aggravating.
Granted, this was a call from about 2 days ago.... the person on the phone also told me it was barely mid April yet (lol whaaaat) ... did I get trolled or is their admissions staff just this disorganized :shock:

Roberrrrto

Bronze

Post by Roberrrrto » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:21 pm

lawman84 wrote:
jcburns wrote:For anyone who has been to an admitted student day:

Does UF have a response to the argument that FSU offers better experiential learning due to their location in the state capital?
I assume they'd discuss the semester in practice program.
They would definitely discuss the "Semester in Practice" program. I'm doing it right now in a large city in Florida. Basically, in your 3L spring you can spend your last semester working in any city of your choosing for credit. I know people in Miami, DC, New York, Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, etc. It's been really great! Plus, UF has a bunch of clinics. I did one earlier in my studies and had an awesome experience.

Tallahassee has more state government, but it's also practically in another state. I hated travelling from Gainesville for interviews and Tally would have been another 2.5 hours. Realistically, both schools are fine, but UF definitely has that "wow" factor, at least within Florida, and FSU, for better or worse, is the school people go to when they can't get into UF.

WamBamThankYouMaam

Bronze

Post by WamBamThankYouMaam » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:27 pm

Trying to decide if I should just call and annoy them to see if I can get any info out of admissions. Think I'll just get the same "it's not mid-April yet" like they told brownellewoods?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Houzy

New

Post by Houzy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:55 pm

I would advise against calling. Anybody that does is practically beating a head horse. I can only imagine how many calls they've gotten so far. I can also empathize with those of you waiting. I know it sucks but calling isn't going to do anything for you and more than likely just frustrate admissions.

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:57 pm

Houzy wrote:I would advise against calling. Anybody that does is practically beating a head horse. I can only imagine how many calls they've gotten so far. I can also empathize with those of you waiting. I know it sucks but calling isn't going to do anything for you and more than likely just frustrate admissions.
its almost may and they gave zero rejections yet .... both sides are frustrated. I still don't understand why they hold applicants with 130 lsat scores and 2.0s. Even if they cured cancer, they do not have the work ethic for law school.

darthlawyer

Bronze

Post by darthlawyer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:11 pm

brownellewoods wrote:
Houzy wrote:I would advise against calling. Anybody that does is practically beating a head horse. I can only imagine how many calls they've gotten so far. I can also empathize with those of you waiting. I know it sucks but calling isn't going to do anything for you and more than likely just frustrate admissions.
its almost may and they gave zero rejections yet .... both sides are frustrated. I still don't understand why they hold applicants with 130 lsat scores and 2.0s. Even if they cured cancer, they do not have the work ethic for law school.

You sure you're qualified to say that ?

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:38 pm

darthlawyer wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:

I mean I can only imagine this is how the review process would go:

Admission member #1: Hmmm this candidate only has a 2.0 GPA and an abysmal 130 LSAT score ...
Admission member #2: But it says here, he cured cancer, maybe we should admit him anyways?
#1: But his GPA indicates he is a slacker and his LSAT score reveals he isn't fit to think like a lawyer
#2: BUT HE CURED CANCER
#1: Yes, that's outstanding but I don't think he is law school material
#2: BUT HE CURED CANCER!!!!
#1: But how about that person with a 159/3.5 we put on "no decision" back in September?
#2: THEY CAN WAIT... this guy cured cancer! Quick! Press the emergency scholly button.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Summer1234

New

Post by Summer1234 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:16 pm

brownellewoods wrote:
darthlawyer wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:

I mean I can only imagine this is how the review process would go:

Admission member #1: Hmmm this candidate only has a 2.0 GPA and an abysmal 130 LSAT score ...
Admission member #2: But it says here, he cured cancer, maybe we should admit him anyways?
#1: But his GPA indicates he is a slacker and his LSAT score reveals he isn't fit to think like a lawyer
#2: BUT HE CURED CANCER
#1: Yes, that's outstanding but I don't think he is law school material
#2: BUT HE CURED CANCER!!!!
#1: But how about that person with a 159/3.5 we put on "no decision" back in September?
#2: THEY CAN WAIT... this guy cured cancer! Quick! Press the emergency scholly button.
You are hilarious! I hope the admission office is not having this conversation. It sure adds some humor to this endless frustrating waiting game.

WamBamThankYouMaam

Bronze

Post by WamBamThankYouMaam » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:39 pm

So I called and you could tell that admissions was getting a little irritated by the calls/email. This is exactly what I said, "Hello, I received an email about month ago saying decisions would be out mid-April, but we're now near the end of April. So, I just wanted to know if decisions would be coming out soon or if there's a new timeline on those decisions?"

The lady actually agreed that we are in late April, but said the email probably said expect a decision in mid-to-late April (it doesn't but whatever). She just said keep checking ASO as that updates instantly whenever they make a change.

After I hung up, I went to check the email because I didn't remember it mentioning anything about late April. Lo and behold, it says, "We hope to release more definitive decisions (admit, waitlist, deny) no later than mid-April." Props to them for using the word "hope" to not really follow through on their own updates.

At this point I won't be attending UF, as I have accepted a generous scholarship offer elsewhere and signed a lease today for an apartment near that school in the fall. I don't want to withdraw my app just yet because I've waited too long to never really know what decision I would get.

intlbr

Bronze

Post by intlbr » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:52 pm

WamBamThankYouMaam wrote:So I called and you could tell that admissions was getting a little irritated by the calls/email. This is exactly what I said, "Hello, I received an email about month ago saying decisions would be out mid-April, but we're now near the end of April. So, I just wanted to know if decisions would be coming out soon or if there's a new timeline on those decisions?"

The lady actually agreed that we are in late April, but said the email probably said expect a decision in mid-to-late April (it doesn't but whatever). She just said keep checking ASO as that updates instantly whenever they make a change.

After I hung up, I went to check the email because I didn't remember it mentioning anything about late April. Lo and behold, it says, "We hope to release more definitive decisions (admit, waitlist, deny) no later than mid-April." Props to them for using the word "hope" to not really follow through on their own updates.

At this point I won't be attending UF, as I have accepted a generous scholarship offer elsewhere and signed a lease today for an apartment near that school in the fall. I don't want to withdraw my app just yet because I've waited too long to never really know what decision I would get.
Thanks for taking this one for the team. Where did you decide to go instead? I have one pretty steady offer at Emory and another T13 WL I will try to get off with every strength I have left in my body. But I'm really sad, because UF was one of my top choices, and I wish they would just say something...

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:45 am

Does the admissions staff work on the weekends? If not, I have a hard time believing they will somehow get back to every on hold priority deadline applicant within 6 days.........

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”