WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Final Poll - What's your status?

Dinged :(
3
3%
Waitlisted - Withdrew
0
No votes
Waitlisted - Riding it Out
19
21%
Admitted - Withdrew
24
27%
Admitted - Attending!
25
28%
Still Waiting on a Decision
19
21%
 
Total votes: 90

aaron1621

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:30 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby aaron1621 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:00 pm

How long does it take from going from received to complete? I sent in my application on Sunday.

raeofsunshine

New
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:20 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby raeofsunshine » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:52 pm

aaron1621 wrote:How long does it take from going from received to complete? I sent in my application on Sunday.


It took me about a week or so for them to say it was complete

User avatar
tncats

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:20 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby tncats » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:55 pm

Is "Application Documents Received" the equivalent of Complete, or does WUSTL give a separate complete status? I've been at "Documents Received" for over a month.

User avatar
lawlzschool

Bronze
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby lawlzschool » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:21 pm

tncats wrote:Is "Application Documents Received" the equivalent of Complete, or does WUSTL give a separate complete status? I've been at "Documents Received" for over a month.


Yep--and fwiw I was at that status from mid-October to mid-January and was accepted yesterday, so a long wait isn't necessarily a bad sign.

User avatar
tncats

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:20 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby tncats » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:30 pm

lawlzschool wrote:
tncats wrote:Is "Application Documents Received" the equivalent of Complete, or does WUSTL give a separate complete status? I've been at "Documents Received" for over a month.


Yep--and fwiw I was at that status from mid-October to mid-January and was accepted yesterday, so a long wait isn't necessarily a bad sign.


Congratulations! I really needed to hear that too, so thanks for sharing.

User avatar
lawlzschool

Bronze
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby lawlzschool » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:37 pm

tncats wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
tncats wrote:Is "Application Documents Received" the equivalent of Complete, or does WUSTL give a separate complete status? I've been at "Documents Received" for over a month.


Yep--and fwiw I was at that status from mid-October to mid-January and was accepted yesterday, so a long wait isn't necessarily a bad sign.


Congratulations! I really needed to hear that too, so thanks for sharing.


If you scroll back enough pages you can see my same freak out hahahahaha. major empathy for you and everyone else on here--def didn't anticipate the weird anxiety accompanying this process

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:43 pm

So the interviewers definitely have good memories here/take notes about what you're saying. I mentioned at one point that I was interested in FedSoc and they just put me in touch with the co-president. Cool stuff.

qtpie95

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby qtpie95 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:30 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
amta wrote:anyone attempt to solicit a travel stipend for ASW? was it offered at time of admission or with scholly?


I e-mailed them after I got the ASW invite and they offered me a stipend at that point.


Got accepted a week ago but no ASW invite, should I email or just wait?

mrtux45

Bronze
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:08 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby mrtux45 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:47 pm

Is anyone who applied in November still waiting to hear back?

Went UR in early November and it's been radio silence.. 25<lsat<50, 75<gpa. Stressing about it

didvkguswn94

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby didvkguswn94 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:12 pm

mrtux45 wrote:Is anyone who applied in November still waiting to hear back?

Went UR in early November and it's been radio silence.. 25<lsat<50, 75<gpa. Stressing about it


same... did you get a request to interview?

ahendkssud11

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:15 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby ahendkssud11 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:17 pm

guys. is getting a request to interview even a good sign?
interviewed back in december and still haven't heard back..

User avatar
CatherineZetaScarn1

New
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby CatherineZetaScarn1 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:27 pm

If I applied in December and haven't heard anything, least of all an interview, does this mean bad news for me?

monotonemr

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby monotonemr » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:27 pm

mrtux45 wrote:Is anyone who applied in November still waiting to hear back?

Went UR in early November and it's been radio silence.. 25<lsat<50, 75<gpa. Stressing about it


Still waiting from October

curry4bfast

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby curry4bfast » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:45 pm

anyone interview in early December and still not hear back? I've been sitting at UR since my interview date and haven't heard anything back.

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:55 pm

qtpie95 wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
amta wrote:anyone attempt to solicit a travel stipend for ASW? was it offered at time of admission or with scholly?


I e-mailed them after I got the ASW invite and they offered me a stipend at that point.


Got accepted a week ago but no ASW invite, should I email or just wait?


It took me a few weeks after getting accepted to get the invite, but I don't think there's any harm in reaching out to admissions about it either.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby chargers21 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:20 pm

mrtux45 wrote:Is anyone who applied in November still waiting to hear back?

Went UR in early November and it's been radio silence.. 25<lsat<50, 75<gpa. Stressing about it

I'm still waiting. No interview request

KDavis95

New
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby KDavis95 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:59 pm

Just finished my interview. It was literally 10 minutes, 5 minutes of which was spent with Mary Anne gushing over my PS. :) Anyway, I'm crossing my fingers. I like this school a lot but my LSAT is far below median, though my GPA is above the 75% mark. Hoping my URM status helps a little lol

crookedsmile

Bronze
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby crookedsmile » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:01 pm

chargers21 wrote:
mrtux45 wrote:Is anyone who applied in November still waiting to hear back?

Went UR in early November and it's been radio silence.. 25<lsat<50, 75<gpa. Stressing about it

I'm still waiting. No interview request


Same. Been waiting since early November sans interview request.

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:10 pm

KDavis95 wrote:Just finished my interview. It was literally 10 minutes, 5 minutes of which was spent with Mary Anne gushing over my PS. :) Anyway, I'm crossing my fingers. I like this school a lot but my LSAT is far below median, though my GPA is above the 75% mark. Hoping my URM status helps a little lol


Hopefully I'm not giving you false hope, but I think you'll have a really good shot. They need a lot of reverse splitters to offset all the normal splitters they throw money at, so you'll check off two of three major boxes for them (GPA, URM).

KDavis95

New
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby KDavis95 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:20 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
KDavis95 wrote:Just finished my interview. It was literally 10 minutes, 5 minutes of which was spent with Mary Anne gushing over my PS. :) Anyway, I'm crossing my fingers. I like this school a lot but my LSAT is far below median, though my GPA is above the 75% mark. Hoping my URM status helps a little lol


Hopefully I'm not giving you false hope, but I think you'll have a really good shot. They need a lot of reverse splitters to offset all the normal splitters they throw money at, so you'll check off two of three major boxes for them (GPA, URM).


We'll see! I'll definitely let you guys know :)

User avatar
stratton_oakmont

New
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby stratton_oakmont » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:42 pm

Accepted today!! :D I'm a reverse splitter btw.

User avatar
armc808

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby armc808 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:45 pm

Accepted via email! I had my interview 2 days ago, it was 20 minutes long (as expected) and the questions asked were exactly the ones listed on OP.

75 < GPA; 25 < LSAT < 50; URM
Complete 11/30
Interview 1/24

Chipotle85

Bronze
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:13 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Chipotle85 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:01 pm

Got scholly info today after getting admitted in Nov. PM if you want more details

User avatar
Motionsinlemons

New
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:24 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Motionsinlemons » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:48 pm

Scholly info!
I got the Scholar in Law award, it's a full ride and guaranteed for 3 years. :o

User avatar
bballdude47

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:48 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby bballdude47 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:47 pm

mrtux45 wrote:Is anyone who applied in November still waiting to hear back?

Went UR in early November and it's been radio silence.. 25<lsat<50, 75<gpa. Stressing about it


I have similar numbers. Been complete since 11/29, haven't heard anything about an interview :|



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests