WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Final Poll - What's your status?

Dinged :(
3%
Waitlisted - Withdrew
No votes
Waitlisted - Riding it Out
21%
Admitted - Withdrew
27%
Admitted - Attending!
28%
Still Waiting on a Decision
21%

Total votes: 90

waldorf

Gold

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby waldorf » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:47 pm

Stephylynette wrote:
magdalena92 wrote:
jza1994 wrote:Hey, everyone, I'm newly joining these forums as I applied pretty late.

I'm a pretty serious reverse splitter (LSAT=25% and GPA >75% due to problems I don't want to put here as they'd identify me, but suffice to say that I won't be doing any better on the LSAT) and wondering how my fellow reverse splitters are doing with acceptance and scholarship info. I have checked MyLSN and read/scanned through all the prior posts in the forum, but I haven't seen much info from people in the same boat. I've see some reverse splitters complaining of their apps not moving through quickly. Any updates from you all? If you can, PM me your stats and your standing with them now (acceptance and scholarship amounts). Thanks in advance!

I applied a week ago (after having received an unsolicited fee waiver) and received a request to interview the next business day. I scheduled it for this week. I'd like to know going into the interview what I can expect. I'm hoping that my circumstances, high GPA, and above average softs will put me in the running for some scholarships, though my low LSAT score doesn't make me too hopeful.

I'm also a reverse splitter! My LSAT is right below the median and GPA>>75%. I applied 11/10 and was asked to interview a week later. My interview went really well I thought. Super casual, seemed like the woman was more so trying to sell the school to me than ask me questions. She also emailed me right after to tell me she wrote a "stellar" review on me and to let her know as soon as I received an "answer" from the admissions office so that we could set up my visit to WUSTL... Basically thought I would hear in a week that I was admitted. But I actually didn't hear anything till 1/5. I got a scholly email 1/20. So there is certainly hope for a reverse splitter! It might just take a little bit longer to get an answer!

Would you mind sharing who your interviewer was? I'm also a reverse splitter and holding out hope for a decent scholarship. Had my interview a couple weeks ago and didn't get any kind of follow-up email.

I was a reverse splitter and I got in rather quickly with a 115k scholarship. My softs were pretty good but not anything spectacular. My interview was with Anna and I really liked her! She was super sweet, very responsive to my questions, easy to talk to.

waldorf

Gold

Postby waldorf » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:52 pm

Well friends, with scholarship info in, I'm 99% sure this is where I'll be attending. The appeal of a debt-free or close to it education is appealing, I want to live and work in St. Louis, and I have always loved Wash U (grew up nearby).

I'm on "hold" at Georgetown and waitlisted at Vanderbilt, so even if I get in, I probably won't get any scholarship money, leaving Wash U as the best school I've gotten into for my career goals. Hope to see some of y'all at the ASW! :) Good luck to everyone still waiting on decisions/scholarship information.

jza1994

Bronze

Postby jza1994 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:01 am

sjs12 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
magdalena92 wrote:
jza1994 wrote:Hey, everyone, I'm newly joining these forums as I applied pretty late.

I'm a pretty serious reverse splitter (LSAT=25% and GPA >75% due to problems I don't want to put here as they'd identify me, but suffice to say that I won't be doing any better on the LSAT) and wondering how my fellow reverse splitters are doing with acceptance and scholarship info. I have checked MyLSN and read/scanned through all the prior posts in the forum, but I haven't seen much info from people in the same boat. I've see some reverse splitters complaining of their apps not moving through quickly. Any updates from you all? If you can, PM me your stats and your standing with them now (acceptance and scholarship amounts). Thanks in advance!

I applied a week ago (after having received an unsolicited fee waiver) and received a request to interview the next business day. I scheduled it for this week. I'd like to know going into the interview what I can expect. I'm hoping that my circumstances, high GPA, and above average softs will put me in the running for some scholarships, though my low LSAT score doesn't make me too hopeful.

I'm also a reverse splitter! My LSAT is right below the median and GPA>>75%. I applied 11/10 and was asked to interview a week later. My interview went really well I thought. Super casual, seemed like the woman was more so trying to sell the school to me than ask me questions. She also emailed me right after to tell me she wrote a "stellar" review on me and to let her know as soon as I received an "answer" from the admissions office so that we could set up my visit to WUSTL... Basically thought I would hear in a week that I was admitted. But I actually didn't hear anything till 1/5. I got a scholly email 1/20. So there is certainly hope for a reverse splitter! It might just take a little bit longer to get an answer!

Would you mind sharing who your interviewer was? I'm also a reverse splitter and holding out hope for a decent scholarship. Had my interview a couple weeks ago and didn't get any kind of follow-up email.

I was a reverse splitter and I got in rather quickly with a 115k scholarship. My softs were pretty good but not anything spectacular. My interview was with Anna and I really liked her! She was super sweet, very responsive to my questions, easy to talk to.

That's great! Could you PM your stats?

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:07 am

sjs12 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:I don't know if anyone has confirmed this yet or not, but does WUSTL status checker actually go to "application complete" or "under review", not just "application documents received"? Thanks for any help, still worried about my app not moving since submitting a while ago

I think mine said "application complete" but after my interview, the top of the page said "your app is currently under review by our committee blah blah"

Ah, I still haven't interviewed or been requested for one and I don't know why. the top of my page says the same thing, though. Been like that since 11/30

aaron1621

New

Postby aaron1621 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:19 am

How long after submitting did you guys go complete?

longpig

Bronze

Postby longpig » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:46 am

Did anyone accept the offer to receive a t-shirt? Did they send it via Fedex?

magdalena92

New

Postby magdalena92 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:45 pm

jza1994 wrote:
sjs12 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
magdalena92 wrote:

That's great! Could you PM your stats?

My interviewer was Kari. She was so nice and informative!

snowball17

New

Postby snowball17 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:19 pm

Anyone planning on going to the Admitted Student Days (March 23-25)? I was offered a stipend to cover the airfare, but the hotel cost will have to be out-of-pocket.

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:48 pm

snowball17 wrote:Anyone planning on going to the Admitted Student Days (March 23-25)? I was offered a stipend to cover the airfare, but the hotel cost will have to be out-of-pocket.

I am. I asked them to use the stipend to pay for my hotel stay, and I'm covering the airfare out of pocket (coming from CA).

snowball17

New

Postby snowball17 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:01 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
snowball17 wrote:Anyone planning on going to the Admitted Student Days (March 23-25)? I was offered a stipend to cover the airfare, but the hotel cost will have to be out-of-pocket.

I am. I asked them to use the stipend to pay for my hotel stay, and I'm covering the airfare out of pocket (coming from CA).

Also coming from Cali. The airfare will come out to around $300, so I figured that I'll use the stipend towards that and pay for the hotel out of pocket.

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:27 pm

snowball17 wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:

Also coming from Cali. The airfare will come out to around $300, so I figured that I'll use the stipend towards that and pay for the hotel out of pocket.

Yeah, I was debating between the two, but decided having my whole hotel paid off was better than having to pay for some airfare out-of-pocket plus hotel hunt.

waldorf

Gold

Postby waldorf » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:30 pm

Just sent in a letter for scholarship negotiation. We'll see how it goes.

alpha kenny body

Gold

Postby alpha kenny body » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:49 pm

sjs12 wrote:Well friends, with scholarship info in, I'm 99% sure this is where I'll be attending. The appeal of a debt-free or close to it education is appealing, I want to live and work in St. Louis, and I have always loved Wash U (grew up nearby).

I'm on "hold" at Georgetown and waitlisted at Vanderbilt, so even if I get in, I probably won't get any scholarship money, leaving Wash U as the best school I've gotten into for my career goals. Hope to see some of y'all at the ASW! :) Good luck to everyone still waiting on decisions/scholarship information.

Are you going to withdraw from everywhere else then? It seems as though you're set.

waldorf

Gold

Postby waldorf » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:51 pm

fips tedora wrote:
sjs12 wrote:Well friends, with scholarship info in, I'm 99% sure this is where I'll be attending. The appeal of a debt-free or close to it education is appealing, I want to live and work in St. Louis, and I have always loved Wash U (grew up nearby).

Are you going to withdraw from everywhere else then? It seems as though you're set.

I'm going to try to negotiate for a higher scholarship before I withdraw from peer schools where I got more $$, but I've withdrawn from a couple of places already.

haley12

Silver

Postby haley12 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:53 pm

So exciting!! Congrats :) I'm in a similar situation so maybe I'll see you at ASW!

waldorf

Gold

Postby waldorf » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:56 pm

haley12 wrote:

So exciting!! Congrats :) I'm in a similar situation so maybe I'll see you at ASW!

Thank ya! Congrats to you as well!

amta

Platinum

Postby amta » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:11 pm

anyone attempt to solicit a travel stipend for ASW? was it offered at time of admission or with scholly?

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:18 pm

amta wrote:anyone attempt to solicit a travel stipend for ASW? was it offered at time of admission or with scholly?

I e-mailed them after I got the ASW invite and they offered me a stipend at that point.

lawlzschool

Bronze

Postby lawlzschool » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:21 pm

just got the acceptance email :D

for reference:
complete 10/18
interviewed 1/18
accepted 1/23

amta

Platinum

Postby amta » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:26 pm

lawlzschool wrote:just got the acceptance email :D

for reference:
complete 10/18
interviewed 1/18
accepted 1/23

congrats.

snowball17

New

Postby snowball17 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:32 pm

for reference:
complete 10/18
interviewed 1/18
accepted 1/23

Congrats!! Now if only they'll just hurry up and send out the scholarship info :wink:

lawlzschool

Bronze

Postby lawlzschool » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:36 pm

snowball17 wrote:

for reference:
complete 10/18
interviewed 1/18
accepted 1/23

Congrats!! Now if only they'll just hurry up and send out the scholarship info :wink:

i'm still waiting on usc's scholly from over a month ago so i'm still just happy with the acceptance here. i'll circle back in a few days to commiserate for sure though hahahahaha

bulldog5

New

Postby bulldog5 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:04 pm

Just got my scholarship info! 150k, which makes the decision to attend pretty easy. Hope to see lots of you at ASD!
For reference, interviewed 11/14, applied 12/3, accepted 12/23, scholarship info received 1/20
Last edited by bulldog5 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MFAZ1212

New

Postby MFAZ1212 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:21 pm

REVERSE SPLITTER ALERT

Accepted

Sent in application 12/26,
Interviewed on January 20th,
Decision on January 23rd.

Reverse Splitter

LSAT<25%
GPA>75%

URM - Mexican American

AtSomePointItMatters

New

Postby AtSomePointItMatters » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:14 pm

Posting now as a data point after lurking for a while. Got in via phone call in November ~3 weeks after going complete, ~2 weeks after Skype interview.

Non-URM
50 < GPA < 75 at Ivy
25 < LSAT < 50

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?