WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Final Poll - What's your status?

Dinged :(
3
3%
Waitlisted - Withdrew
0
No votes
Waitlisted - Riding it Out
19
21%
Admitted - Withdrew
24
27%
Admitted - Attending!
25
28%
Still Waiting on a Decision
19
21%
 
Total votes: 90

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby amta » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:25 pm

got the email. *fire*

ray.bee

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby ray.bee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:57 pm

Accepted 1/05
Scholarship info came today- 01/20!

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby chargers21 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:00 pm

snowball17 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
snowball17 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:okay, so I still haven't received a decision, but someone just said that their status checker says that their application is complete. Mine still says received, but at the top says "We have received your required application documents. Your application is under review by our Admissions Committee." so I assumed that my app was complete. Should I contact them about this, or is there not a status checker update for complete or under review at WUSTL?


Have you had an interview yet? My status stayed at complete for about 2 weeks and changed to UR on the day of my interview.

no interview request or movement since the day I applied. status says "application documents received"


It definitely wouldn't hurt to email them and try to schedule an interview, but I think schools have just been dragging their feet this cycle so slower-than-usual responses are the new norm. I'm still waiting to hear back from all the CA schools.

Sent my app 11/30 and have 4 t14 acceptances so my app is good. Expected a quick and positive decision from WUSTL

magdalena92

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:33 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby magdalena92 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:07 pm

Does WUSTL negotiate scholarships? Got mine today. Very happy to receive anything! But mine seems pretty low for them compared to what other people with similar numbers are posting

shao

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:19 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby shao » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:11 pm

In via email! :D

LSAT>75 non-gpa (international)

Interviewed before submitted (invited to interview when I tried to solicit a fee waiver. )

Submitted 11/15
Ignored interview invitation till 1/15 (bc already did one)
Finally sent an email to explain and forwarded the application 1/15

Application Complete 1/20
Got the email the same day.

Good luck to everyone waiting!

Yitzhak26

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:34 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Yitzhak26 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:49 pm

.
Last edited by Yitzhak26 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hawkeyelaw

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:48 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby hawkeyelaw » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:19 pm

In via email.

Complete on the 10th, interview request on the 11th. Interviewed on the 14th. Accepted on the 20th.

GPA < < < < 25

LSAT >> 75

Hope for splitters!

User avatar
Motionsinlemons

New
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:24 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Motionsinlemons » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:07 am

In via email!

25<GPA<50
75<LSAT

User avatar
waldorf

Gold
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby waldorf » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:51 am

.
Last edited by waldorf on Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pinkpanda24

Bronze
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Pinkpanda24 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:18 am

I got in today! :) complete after December LSAT scores and interviewed 1/13. 162/3.73

magdalena92

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:33 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby magdalena92 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:40 pm

sjs12 wrote:
Chipotle85 wrote:
sjs12 wrote:Just received a Scholar in Law award for 38k/year! Between that, the college savings account my dad formed for me before he suddenly passed, and my own savings, I should be able to graduate debt free or very close to it. I'm literally sobbing of joy right now as I thought I would get little to no scholarship money (163, 3.92) and this is the best school I've been accepted at. Still retaking in February but am much more relaxed now.

I applied 11/16, interviewed on 11/30, accepted on 12/15.

Congrats!!! You deserve it


Thank you! I'm still hoping to get off the waitlist at Vandy and/or get into a T14 with a retake score, but I'm happy to know I have somewhere good that I can go without having to incur much, if any, debt.

Congratulations to everyone who got scholarships and acceptances today!


That's awesome! Congrats!!

User avatar
waldorf

Gold
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby waldorf » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:06 pm

Pinkpanda24 wrote:I got in today! :) complete after December LSAT scores and interviewed 1/13. 162/3.73


Congratulations!

And thank you, Magdelena! :)

jza1994

Bronze
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:09 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby jza1994 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:22 am

Hey, everyone, I'm newly joining these forums as I applied pretty late.

I'm a pretty serious reverse splitter (LSAT=25% and GPA >75% due to problems I don't want to put here as they'd identify me, but suffice to say that I won't be doing any better on the LSAT) and wondering how my fellow reverse splitters are doing with acceptance and scholarship info. I have checked MyLSN and read/scanned through all the prior posts in the forum, but I haven't seen much info from people in the same boat. I've see some reverse splitters complaining of their apps not moving through quickly. Any updates from you all? If you can, PM me your stats and your standing with them now (acceptance and scholarship amounts). Thanks in advance!

I applied a week ago (after having received an unsolicited fee waiver) and received a request to interview the next business day. I scheduled it for this week. I'd like to know going into the interview what I can expect. I'm hoping that my circumstances, high GPA, and above average softs will put me in the running for some scholarships, though my low LSAT score doesn't make me too hopeful.

qtpie95

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby qtpie95 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:44 am

Yitzhak26 wrote:Timeline information for anyone who wants it:

Invited to interview day after I applied
Interviewed: 1/17
Admitted: 1/18
Scholly award: 1/20

LSAT >>>> 75


Did scholly info come via email or mail?

magdalena92

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:33 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby magdalena92 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:43 am

jza1994 wrote:Hey, everyone, I'm newly joining these forums as I applied pretty late.

I'm a pretty serious reverse splitter (LSAT=25% and GPA >75% due to problems I don't want to put here as they'd identify me, but suffice to say that I won't be doing any better on the LSAT) and wondering how my fellow reverse splitters are doing with acceptance and scholarship info. I have checked MyLSN and read/scanned through all the prior posts in the forum, but I haven't seen much info from people in the same boat. I've see some reverse splitters complaining of their apps not moving through quickly. Any updates from you all? If you can, PM me your stats and your standing with them now (acceptance and scholarship amounts). Thanks in advance!

I applied a week ago (after having received an unsolicited fee waiver) and received a request to interview the next business day. I scheduled it for this week. I'd like to know going into the interview what I can expect. I'm hoping that my circumstances, high GPA, and above average softs will put me in the running for some scholarships, though my low LSAT score doesn't make me too hopeful.


I'm also a reverse splitter! My LSAT is right below the median and GPA>>75%. I applied 11/10 and was asked to interview a week later. My interview went really well I thought. Super casual, seemed like the woman was more so trying to sell the school to me than ask me questions. She also emailed me right after to tell me she wrote a "stellar" review on me and to let her know as soon as I received an "answer" from the admissions office so that we could set up my visit to WUSTL... Basically thought I would hear in a week that I was admitted. But I actually didn't hear anything till 1/5. I got a scholly email 1/20. So there is certainly hope for a reverse splitter! It might just take a little bit longer to get an answer!

User avatar
stratton_oakmont

New
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby stratton_oakmont » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:48 am

lawlzschool wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
studyingeveryday wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:Was just accepted after going complete in mid-September. I reached out to the office about the status of my application yesterday and was told this morning that everything was still on track despite not getting any status updates in some time. Then a few hours after getting that email I was accepted. Go figure.


Whoa, congrats man! Kind of makes me wonder if I should do the same if another month passes and still nothing (I went complete and interviewed in November). Tbh, I'm sort of tempted to do it now if that extra nudge will help, even though I know mine hasn't relatively been as long.


Thanks, I was definitely surprised to hear back so quickly after. Maybe they viewed it as a sort of letter of continued interest.


Woah idk how I missed this on Friday, but I think I probably need to do this as well this week. Did you just ask status or include other info [that would have made it more like a LOCI instead of an inquiry]?


I just referenced the timeline I was told in my interview in October for receiving a decision, which was a few weeks. Since it had been a few months since then I just told them I wanted to make sure everything was okay on my end. They may have interpreted this as a LOCI since I was actively checking the status of my application? Not really sure what happened to be honest.


Interesting... Ok I didn't realize you had interviewed. In that case I actually will prob just hold off


Should I email WUSTL too? I went complete about mid-September and interviewed the first week of October. It went well, but they did not give me a timeline for receiving a decision. I'm a reverse splitter so I figured that might be why it is taking so long, but going on 4 months is quite a long time.

jza1994

Bronze
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:09 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby jza1994 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:09 pm

magdalena92 wrote:
jza1994 wrote:Hey, everyone, I'm newly joining these forums as I applied pretty late.

I'm a pretty serious reverse splitter (LSAT=25% and GPA >75% due to problems I don't want to put here as they'd identify me, but suffice to say that I won't be doing any better on the LSAT) and wondering how my fellow reverse splitters are doing with acceptance and scholarship info. I have checked MyLSN and read/scanned through all the prior posts in the forum, but I haven't seen much info from people in the same boat. I've see some reverse splitters complaining of their apps not moving through quickly. Any updates from you all? If you can, PM me your stats and your standing with them now (acceptance and scholarship amounts). Thanks in advance!

I applied a week ago (after having received an unsolicited fee waiver) and received a request to interview the next business day. I scheduled it for this week. I'd like to know going into the interview what I can expect. I'm hoping that my circumstances, high GPA, and above average softs will put me in the running for some scholarships, though my low LSAT score doesn't make me too hopeful.


I'm also a reverse splitter! My LSAT is right below the median and GPA>>75%. I applied 11/10 and was asked to interview a week later. My interview went really well I thought. Super casual, seemed like the woman was more so trying to sell the school to me than ask me questions. She also emailed me right after to tell me she wrote a "stellar" review on me and to let her know as soon as I received an "answer" from the admissions office so that we could set up my visit to WUSTL... Basically thought I would hear in a week that I was admitted. But I actually didn't hear anything till 1/5. I got a scholly email 1/20. So there is certainly hope for a reverse splitter! It might just take a little bit longer to get an answer!


Thank you! Much appreciated.

aaron1621

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:30 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby aaron1621 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:18 pm

Is it too late to apply?

jza1994

Bronze
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:09 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby jza1994 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:20 pm

aaron1621 wrote:Is it too late to apply?


Nah, I applied last week and got an invitation to interview the next business day. Just get it in quickly.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby chargers21 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:52 pm

I don't know if anyone has confirmed this yet or not, but does WUSTL status checker actually go to "application complete" or "under review", not just "application documents received"? Thanks for any help, still worried about my app not moving since submitting a while ago

User avatar
waldorf

Gold
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby waldorf » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:00 pm

chargers21 wrote:I don't know if anyone has confirmed this yet or not, but does WUSTL status checker actually go to "application complete" or "under review", not just "application documents received"? Thanks for any help, still worried about my app not moving since submitting a while ago


I think mine said "application complete" but after my interview, the top of the page said "your app is currently under review by our committee blah blah"

User avatar
lawlzschool

Bronze
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby lawlzschool » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:32 pm

sjs12 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:I don't know if anyone has confirmed this yet or not, but does WUSTL status checker actually go to "application complete" or "under review", not just "application documents received"? Thanks for any help, still worried about my app not moving since submitting a while ago


I think mine said "application complete" but after my interview, the top of the page said "your app is currently under review by our committee blah blah"


+1 also my current status date is 1/23 so like wustl's all up in the future

User avatar
waldorf

Gold
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby waldorf » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:44 pm

lawlzschool wrote:
sjs12 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:I don't know if anyone has confirmed this yet or not, but does WUSTL status checker actually go to "application complete" or "under review", not just "application documents received"? Thanks for any help, still worried about my app not moving since submitting a while ago


I think mine said "application complete" but after my interview, the top of the page said "your app is currently under review by our committee blah blah"


+1 also my current status date is 1/23 so like wustl's all up in the future


I think that means you'll get a decision soon! My status checker changed to 12/14, and then I got a decision on the 15th. :)

User avatar
lawlzschool

Bronze
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby lawlzschool » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:51 pm

sjs12 wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
sjs12 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:I don't know if anyone has confirmed this yet or not, but does WUSTL status checker actually go to "application complete" or "under review", not just "application documents received"? Thanks for any help, still worried about my app not moving since submitting a while ago


I think mine said "application complete" but after my interview, the top of the page said "your app is currently under review by our committee blah blah"


+1 also my current status date is 1/23 so like wustl's all up in the future


I think that means you'll get a decision soon! My status checker changed to 12/14, and then I got a decision on the 15th. :)


oh nice! thanks for the heads up and congrats on that aceptance!

User avatar
Stephylynette

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Stephylynette » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:04 pm

magdalena92 wrote:
jza1994 wrote:Hey, everyone, I'm newly joining these forums as I applied pretty late.

I'm a pretty serious reverse splitter (LSAT=25% and GPA >75% due to problems I don't want to put here as they'd identify me, but suffice to say that I won't be doing any better on the LSAT) and wondering how my fellow reverse splitters are doing with acceptance and scholarship info. I have checked MyLSN and read/scanned through all the prior posts in the forum, but I haven't seen much info from people in the same boat. I've see some reverse splitters complaining of their apps not moving through quickly. Any updates from you all? If you can, PM me your stats and your standing with them now (acceptance and scholarship amounts). Thanks in advance!

I applied a week ago (after having received an unsolicited fee waiver) and received a request to interview the next business day. I scheduled it for this week. I'd like to know going into the interview what I can expect. I'm hoping that my circumstances, high GPA, and above average softs will put me in the running for some scholarships, though my low LSAT score doesn't make me too hopeful.


I'm also a reverse splitter! My LSAT is right below the median and GPA>>75%. I applied 11/10 and was asked to interview a week later. My interview went really well I thought. Super casual, seemed like the woman was more so trying to sell the school to me than ask me questions. She also emailed me right after to tell me she wrote a "stellar" review on me and to let her know as soon as I received an "answer" from the admissions office so that we could set up my visit to WUSTL... Basically thought I would hear in a week that I was admitted. But I actually didn't hear anything till 1/5. I got a scholly email 1/20. So there is certainly hope for a reverse splitter! It might just take a little bit longer to get an answer!


Would you mind sharing who your interviewer was? I'm also a reverse splitter and holding out hope for a decent scholarship. Had my interview a couple weeks ago and didn't get any kind of follow-up email.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests