WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Final Poll - What's your status?

Dinged :(
3
3%
Waitlisted - Withdrew
0
No votes
Waitlisted - Riding it Out
19
21%
Admitted - Withdrew
24
27%
Admitted - Attending!
25
28%
Still Waiting on a Decision
19
21%
 
Total votes: 90

monotonemr

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby monotonemr » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:02 pm

Still haven't heard anything at all since 10/26. I thought they would've been one of the first schools I'd hear back from, but now they're among the last. Hopefully will hear something in the next few weeks, but I really am just curious why my app has been sitting for so long.

Houzy

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:12 pm

..

Postby Houzy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:04 pm

..
Last edited by Houzy on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

WatchClosely

Bronze
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:26 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby WatchClosely » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:37 pm

.
Last edited by WatchClosely on Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

pipipipi

Bronze
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:23 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby pipipipi » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:26 am

:D :D :D :D :D
Do you need to submit a financial aid form to receive any scholarship package?

I just realized that I did not do anything besides submitting LSAC application and I haven't heard back about aids 2-3 weeks after admittance.

lawschool2017712

Bronze
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby lawschool2017712 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:33 am

x
Last edited by lawschool2017712 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3434
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby guynourmin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:06 pm

Status checker updated with seat deposit dates! interviewed about 3 weeks ago.

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:07 pm

guybourdin wrote:Status checker updated with seat deposit dates! interviewed about 3 weeks ago.


You're def in w/ a full scholly.

User avatar
Dodocogon

Silver
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Dodocogon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:26 pm

Visiting campus tomorrow - first school I'll have been to as an applicant, so I'm excited to see it!

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:33 pm

Dodocogon wrote:Visiting campus tomorrow - first school I'll have been to as an applicant, so I'm excited to see it!


Please let us know how it goes!

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3434
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby guynourmin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
guybourdin wrote:Status checker updated with seat deposit dates! interviewed about 3 weeks ago.


You're def in w/ a full scholly.


Someone with my numbers got 40k/yr on lsn, others 50. Not sure why such a big swing.

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:45 pm

guybourdin wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
guybourdin wrote:Status checker updated with seat deposit dates! interviewed about 3 weeks ago.


You're def in w/ a full scholly.


Someone with my numbers got 40k/yr on lsn, others 50. Not sure why such a big swing.


Oh yeah, forgot someone had prett solid numbers and didn't get full. I think it depends on gpa as well, but it has been sort of harder to predict as the cycle has gone on. Still think you'll get that w/ your numbers, and very close to full if not. Good luck either way!

theboringest

Bronze
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:19 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby theboringest » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:32 pm

Applied yesterday and was invited to interview today- crazy turnaround!

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby chargers21 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:52 pm

.
Last edited by chargers21 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

monotonemr

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby monotonemr » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:02 pm

theboringest wrote:Applied yesterday and was invited to interview today- crazy turnaround!


What are your numbers, if you don't mind sharing?

theboringest

Bronze
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:19 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby theboringest » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:06 pm

chargers21 wrote:
theboringest wrote:Applied yesterday and was invited to interview today- crazy turnaround!

Well now you have me and everyone else on here pissed off... but congrats! Still no interview for me even though I have good numbers and am already in at better schools

Sorry! I don't know why, I saw the email and was shocked.

theboringest

Bronze
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:19 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby theboringest » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:06 pm

monotonemr wrote:
theboringest wrote:Applied yesterday and was invited to interview today- crazy turnaround!


What are your numbers, if you don't mind sharing?

169 3.86

User avatar
lawlzschool

Bronze
Posts: 302
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby lawlzschool » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:12 pm

chargers21 wrote:
theboringest wrote:Applied yesterday and was invited to interview today- crazy turnaround!

Well now you have me and everyone else on here pissed off... but congrats! Still no interview for me even though I have good numbers and am already in at better schools


right? complete since 10/18 like literally wtf wustl

ray.bee

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby ray.bee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:38 pm

Interviewed 12/29 and my status changed to under review with that date. Today, it still says under review, but the date is 1/05. I know the top says the date may change periodically, but have any of you noticed that responses follow a second date change?

User avatar
PDX4343

Silver
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby PDX4343 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:52 pm

Hey all, hoping to get some advice.

I interviewed with WUSTL at the very beginning of October but haven't heard back yet. My status checker is still on 'complete' with a mid-September date. I wouldn't be concerned, but it seems like I'm the only one in this thread who has had to wait this long. When I interviewed, the person I spoke to in admissions told me that I should expect to hear back in a few weeks. Because of that, I'm considering sending an email inquiring about the status of my application, referencing the timetable that I was given for a decision in my interview. If it matters, I'm under the GPA 25th but way above the LSAT 75th. Seems like most people with my numbers (or even numbers worse than mine) have gotten big scholarships.

Would it be a bad move to reach out about this?

ray.bee

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby ray.bee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:59 pm

PDX4343 wrote:Hey all, hoping to get some advice.

I interviewed with WUSTL at the very beginning of October but haven't heard back yet. My status checker is still on 'complete' with a mid-September date. I wouldn't be concerned, but it seems like I'm the only one in this thread who has had to wait this long. When I interviewed, the person I spoke to in admissions told me that I should expect to hear back in a few weeks. Because of that, I'm considering sending an email inquiring about the status of my application, referencing the timetable that I was given for a decision in my interview. If it matters, I'm under the GPA 25th but way above the LSAT 75th. Seems like most people with my numbers (or even numbers worse than mine) have gotten big scholarships.

Would it be a bad move to reach out about this?


I say go for it, especially if it does not say under review. Also, say that you understand that their office is extremely busy, etc etc and thank them a couple times.

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:01 pm

PDX4343 wrote:Hey all, hoping to get some advice.

I interviewed with WUSTL at the very beginning of October but haven't heard back yet. My status checker is still on 'complete' with a mid-September date. I wouldn't be concerned, but it seems like I'm the only one in this thread who has had to wait this long. When I interviewed, the person I spoke to in admissions told me that I should expect to hear back in a few weeks. Because of that, I'm considering sending an email inquiring about the status of my application, referencing the timetable that I was given for a decision in my interview. If it matters, I'm under the GPA 25th but way above the LSAT 75th. Seems like most people with my numbers (or even numbers worse than mine) have gotten big scholarships.

Would it be a bad move to reach out about this?



I'd definitely reach out. You have strong numbers so maybe there was a mistake. Plus WUSTL staff is super nice and helpful. Good luck.

User avatar
PDX4343

Silver
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby PDX4343 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:11 pm

Thanks for the help. I think I will reach out then. Just wanted to make sure it wouldn't mess with my chances.

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1430
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:12 pm

Applied a few days before Christmas. Interview request today. (pretty quick turnaround IMO).

Any advice for interview? I'm new to the whole Skype interview scene. Is it generally acceptable to just wear a nice collared shirt?

168/3.98

lawschool2017712

Bronze
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby lawschool2017712 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:15 pm

x
Last edited by lawschool2017712 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
waldorf

Gold
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby waldorf » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:17 pm

ray.bee wrote:Interviewed 12/29 and my status changed to under review with that date. Today, it still says under review, but the date is 1/05. I know the top says the date may change periodically, but have any of you noticed that responses follow a second date change?


My status date changed to 12/14, then I got accepted the next day!

Has anyone gotten anything in the mail after acceptance?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: yjsr and 29 guests