WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Final Poll - What's your status?

Dinged :(
3
3%
Waitlisted - Withdrew
0
No votes
Waitlisted - Riding it Out
19
21%
Admitted - Withdrew
24
27%
Admitted - Attending!
25
28%
Still Waiting on a Decision
19
21%
 
Total votes: 90

notsolawful

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby notsolawful » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:40 am

hellohalo wrote:How are you dressed for the Skype interview? Interview next Monday.

It's super casual. I just wore a button down shirt. No sports jacket, suit, or tie necessary. I think it's mostly to get you to gain interest in the school rather than to grill you. I think it only factors into interview decisions if you seem disinterested.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4641
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby proteinshake » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:01 am

I applied like 2 weeks ago and haven't had any sort of "thank you for applying email" or any other type of communication...

Chipotle85

Bronze
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:13 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Chipotle85 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:46 am

proteinshake wrote:I applied like 2 weeks ago and haven't had any sort of "thank you for applying email" or any other type of communication...

That's normal. No status checker or anything. The acceptance email was kinda like that too lol. No admitted students link or my washU login. Weird

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby addie1412 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:02 am

proteinshake wrote:I applied like 2 weeks ago and haven't had any sort of "thank you for applying email" or any other type of communication...


Hmm. I applied around midnight and received a status checker email around 3 am..

User avatar
Cfitz

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:49 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Cfitz » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:04 pm

addie1412 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:I applied like 2 weeks ago and haven't had any sort of "thank you for applying email" or any other type of communication...


Hmm. I applied around midnight and received a status checker email around 3 am..



Yea i also got my status checker the same day

WatchClosely

Bronze
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:26 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby WatchClosely » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:15 pm

.
Last edited by WatchClosely on Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Redsfan320

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:07 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Redsfan320 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:32 pm

WatchClosely wrote:I'm now at over a month post-acceptance without any scholarship offer. Is there anybody else out there who has been kept waiting like this, despite (almost) definitely having the numbers to qualify for one?


I'm at four weeks now, friend. I feel your pain.

320

JD_Kingfish

Bronze
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby JD_Kingfish » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:19 pm

Has anyone received an admissions packet or received any info for an admitted students page? Or like anything besides the initial acceptance email?...

merkech95

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:11 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby merkech95 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:14 pm

Hi All!

I applied on 9/6 with numbers that aren't going to make me stand out (3.67/159). UGPA will go up after the semester ends (probably to a 3.716). I have compelling softs (interned at the White House, for the Philly District Attorney's Office, published with a professor, research assistant, teaching assistant, etc.). Sent an email on 11/17 asking about status, and also asking for an interview. Interview is tomorrow morning 11/22. Unsure where I stack up, if they'll even be interested, or if the interview offer was to appease me because I asked. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

katthegreat11

Bronze
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby katthegreat11 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:30 pm

JD_Kingfish wrote:Has anyone received an admissions packet or received any info for an admitted students page? Or like anything besides the initial acceptance email?...


I haven't gotten anything but emails about acceptance and scholarships from them so far.

User avatar
whodareswins

Bronze
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:47 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby whodareswins » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:55 pm

merkech95 wrote:Hi All!

I applied on 9/6 with numbers that aren't going to make me stand out (3.67/159). UGPA will go up after the semester ends (probably to a 3.716). I have compelling softs (interned at the White House, for the Philly District Attorney's Office, published with a professor, research assistant, teaching assistant, etc.). Sent an email on 11/17 asking about status, and also asking for an interview. Interview is tomorrow morning 11/22. Unsure where I stack up, if they'll even be interested, or if the interview offer was to appease me because I asked. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!


I would strongly consider retaking. A 165 with your gpa and above average softs would really open a lot of doors and put you in a better position to negotiate scholarships. To put things in perspective, I'm considering a retake with 3.88 and a 166. If you don't retake, WUSTL may very well admit you anyway but with little $.

Good luck whichever direction you go!

monotonemr

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby monotonemr » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:34 pm

App has been sitting at "Application Documents Received" since 10/26. Not sure if I should be worried that I haven't heard anything from them since. Numbers are 167/3.71 for reference.

User avatar
hellohalo

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby hellohalo » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:44 pm

Had my interview today. It was casual as mentioned before. But the conversation was very informational, from BOTH SIDES. And I got an email from the interviewer afterwards, and the cool lady said she sent a top recommendation to the committee. :D

Applied on Nov. 11 or 12, got my status checker on Nov. 13, interview invitation on Nov. 17

User avatar
hellohalo

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby hellohalo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:31 pm

hellohalo wrote:Had my interview today. It was casual as mentioned before. But the conversation was very informational, from BOTH SIDES. And I got an email from the interviewer afterwards, and the cool lady said she sent a top recommendation to the committee. :D

Applied on Nov. 11 or 12, got my status checker on Nov. 13, interview invitation on Nov. 17



Received the admission email today (the next day to the interview). Wish some $$$ to come.

emilulah

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:51 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby emilulah » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:00 pm

monotonemr wrote:App has been sitting at "Application Documents Received" since 10/26. Not sure if I should be worried that I haven't heard anything from them since. Numbers are 167/3.71 for reference.


I am in the same boat. I also had to email them asking them to resend my status checker information after I applied, so I am hesitant to email a second time. Are you a re-applicant? I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it for me...

monotonemr

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby monotonemr » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:37 am

emilulah wrote:
monotonemr wrote:App has been sitting at "Application Documents Received" since 10/26. Not sure if I should be worried that I haven't heard anything from them since. Numbers are 167/3.71 for reference.


I am in the same boat. I also had to email them asking them to resend my status checker information after I applied, so I am hesitant to email a second time. Are you a re-applicant? I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it for me...


Nope this is my first time applying. Wonder why I haven't heard from them cause a lot of people who applied later than me have already been accepted. I am still in undergrad so maybe they're waiting for fall grades?

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1224
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:48 am

I applied back in November 4 and still haven't received status checker or anything like that...I'm a reapplicant and I remember they didn't have a status checker email last year either...should I be worried? haha

User avatar
Rich Uncle Skeleton

Bronze
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:50 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Rich Uncle Skeleton » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:43 am

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:I applied back in November 4 and still haven't received status checker or anything like that...I'm a reapplicant and I remember they didn't have a status checker email last year either...should I be worried? haha


Make sure your application transmitted completely on the LSAC website. I'm a reapplication as well and they never requested my CAS report or something. Apparently that's how they handle reapplication for some reason. If thats the case just email them and let them know. I was surprised how quickly things moved after that. I think I had an interview request within a day of the email.

User avatar
Rich Uncle Skeleton

Bronze
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:50 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Rich Uncle Skeleton » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:46 am

emilulah wrote:
monotonemr wrote:App has been sitting at "Application Documents Received" since 10/26. Not sure if I should be worried that I haven't heard anything from them since. Numbers are 167/3.71 for reference.


I am in the same boat. I also had to email them asking them to resend my status checker information after I applied, so I am hesitant to email a second time. Are you a re-applicant? I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it for me...


See my last post. As a reapplicant I had to email them to get my file to go complete. For some reason reapplicant go unnoticed in their system unless you notify them.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1224
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:49 am

Rich Uncle Skeleton wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:I applied back in November 4 and still haven't received status checker or anything like that...I'm a reapplicant and I remember they didn't have a status checker email last year either...should I be worried? haha


Make sure your application transmitted completely on the LSAC website. I'm a reapplication as well and they never requested my CAS report or something. Apparently that's how they handle reapplication for some reason. If thats the case just email them and let them know. I was surprised how quickly things moved after that. I think I had an interview request within a day of the email.


Ahh I just checked and they requested it. I actually realized that they DID send a status checker/app received email last year so I entered my generic userid for this year's apps and retrieved my password through the "Forgot Password" tool. My application status is "app received." Does everyone else's say "Application Complete?"

I realize that for their checklist, it says that "Confirmation Email Sent - 1/27" which is when I applied last year. I guess they don't update this, and that's the reason for our not receiving new confirmation emails for this year.

emilulah

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:51 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby emilulah » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:41 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
Rich Uncle Skeleton wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:I applied back in November 4 and still haven't received status checker or anything like that...I'm a reapplicant and I remember they didn't have a status checker email last year either...should I be worried? haha


Make sure your application transmitted completely on the LSAC website. I'm a reapplication as well and they never requested my CAS report or something. Apparently that's how they handle reapplication for some reason. If thats the case just email them and let them know. I was surprised how quickly things moved after that. I think I had an interview request within a day of the email.


Ahh I just checked and they requested it. I actually realized that they DID send a status checker/app received email last year so I entered my generic userid for this year's apps and retrieved my password through the "Forgot Password" tool. My application status is "app received." Does everyone else's say "Application Complete?"

I realize that for their checklist, it says that "Confirmation Email Sent - 1/27" which is when I applied last year. I guess they don't update this, and that's the reason for our not receiving new confirmation emails for this year.


I emailed today, and I was told that "application documents received" is as good as complete on the WUSTL status checker. I think we just have to be patient now.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1224
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:56 pm

emilulah wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
Rich Uncle Skeleton wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:I applied back in November 4 and still haven't received status checker or anything like that...I'm a reapplicant and I remember they didn't have a status checker email last year either...should I be worried? haha


Make sure your application transmitted completely on the LSAC website. I'm a reapplication as well and they never requested my CAS report or something. Apparently that's how they handle reapplication for some reason. If thats the case just email them and let them know. I was surprised how quickly things moved after that. I think I had an interview request within a day of the email.


Ahh I just checked and they requested it. I actually realized that they DID send a status checker/app received email last year so I entered my generic userid for this year's apps and retrieved my password through the "Forgot Password" tool. My application status is "app received." Does everyone else's say "Application Complete?"

I realize that for their checklist, it says that "Confirmation Email Sent - 1/27" which is when I applied last year. I guess they don't update this, and that's the reason for our not receiving new confirmation emails for this year.


I emailed today, and I was told that "application documents received" is as good as complete on the WUSTL status checker. I think we just have to be patient now.


Thanks for emailing and sharing!

And so the wait begins...

Lawschool305

Bronze
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Lawschool305 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:09 pm

Does anyone know when accepted students day is? Trying to figure out my travel plans for the spring semester but can't find the date.

User avatar
BACsop

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 3:44 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby BACsop » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:40 pm

Had my interview last week. Very laid back, good conversation; as others have said, it felt very much like a pitch to get me more excited about WashU than a formal interview.

She stated that she'd send along a "top recommendation" to the admissions committee, though I wouldn't be surprised if that is common post-interview feedback.

Now we'll wait and see.

User avatar
WamBamThankYouMaam

Bronze
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:59 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby WamBamThankYouMaam » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:43 pm

Got an unsolicited fee waiver today, which I thought was odd because I don't have an official LSAT score yet. This definitely makes me more excited to start submitting apps after the December LSAT though!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: frozen_tundra9 and 4 guests