WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Final Poll - What's your status?

Dinged :(
3%
Waitlisted - Withdrew
No votes
Waitlisted - Riding it Out
21%
Admitted - Withdrew
27%
Admitted - Attending!
28%
Still Waiting on a Decision
21%

Total votes: 90

midwestkid06

New

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby midwestkid06 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:47 pm

shotgunheist wrote:So my GPA is at their median, and I'm retaking in December. Is it worth it to try ED if i'm PTing around 166? I know it cant hurt if i'm way under, but what if I pull off a 170 or something? Could I ask to go to RD before they make a decision? I'm applying to peer schools like WUSTL.

I'm kind of in the same position a little lower GPA, I am applying ED hoping to hit 168 in December and see how it goes. With the potential upside, I don't know why you wouldn't unless you really love another school. Cash is always king.

LawMan16

New

Postby LawMan16 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:55 pm

Had a very nice interview with the assistant dean of admissions today. The questions were basically the same as those listed in the OP. She complemented my PS, and we mostly discussed my WE. I received the invitation to interview about four hours after submitting my application. Very impressed by how efficient the admission process has been, and told her as much.

Hope to hear good news soon - good luck to all!

joeytribbiani

Bronze

Postby joeytribbiani » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:37 am

sweets91 wrote:
joeytribbiani wrote:Interviewed last Tuesday 10/25 and haven't heard anything back yet, getting so anxious waiting!! (This post is irrelevant I just am bored at work and anxious of waiting)

Is WUSTL your first choice?

Not necessarily. A top choice, definitely, but I have gone back and forth between a few schools as being my top. Will come down to where I get in and money, would certainly be very happy at WUSTL though.

studyingeveryday

Silver

Postby studyingeveryday » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:53 am

I've been doing a lot of research about this, but curious about what current applicants think: how realistic do you think attending WUSTL is with the intention to end up in NYC? Especially if we grew up/went to college there?

Gold

Postby 20170322 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:00 pm

studyingeveryday wrote:I've been doing a lot of research about this, but curious about what current applicants think: how realistic do you think attending WUSTL is with the intention to end up in NYC? Especially if we grew up/went to college there?

It seems like top third is needed to have a reasonable shot ay biglaw. Pulling these numbers out of my ass, but maybe top 1/4 or 1/5 for a specific, non-Chicago market like NYC?

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:32 pm

SweetTort wrote:
studyingeveryday wrote:I've been doing a lot of research about this, but curious about what current applicants think: how realistic do you think attending WUSTL is with the intention to end up in NYC? Especially if we grew up/went to college there?

It seems like top third is needed to have a reasonable shot ay biglaw. Pulling these numbers out of my ass, but maybe top 1/4 or 1/5 for a specific, non-Chicago market like NYC?

I may be pulling this out of my ass, but I would think NYC would be easier to get than Chicago from WUSTL - wustl isn't in Chicago, and Chicago has 2 t14s, Illinois, (and ND), and all the natives who went to other t14s coming home. According to LST 14% of grads went to NY and less than 8.1% to IL.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:41 pm

guybourdin wrote:
SweetTort wrote:

I may be pulling this out of my ass, but I would think NYC would be easier to get than Chicago from WUSTL - wustl isn't in Chicago, and Chicago has 2 t14s, Illinois, (and ND), and all the natives who went to other t14s coming home. According to LST 14% of grads went to NY and less than 8.1% to IL.

I think so too, although the LST might be self-selecting since most people might prefer going to NYC than Chicago. It would be interesting to know how many people who wanted NYC got NYC and how many people who actually wanted Chicago, ended up there

LET'S GET IT

Silver

Postby LET'S GET IT » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:45 pm

guybourdin wrote:
SweetTort wrote:

Correct. NYC is generally easier than Chi from here for a variety of reasons but I don't think self-selection is really one.

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:45 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
SweetTort wrote:

I think so too, although the LST might be self-selecting since most people might prefer going to NYC than Chicago. It would be interesting to know how many people who wanted NYC got NYC and how many people who actually wanted Chicago, ended up there

Everything I have heard has said that in order to get Chicago from WUSTL you should either be from Chicago or be exceptional. So, I guess what I mean is, I would think someone from, say, Miami who is top 25% and on a secondary journal is going to have an easier go in NYC than Chi. Not saying they get NYC, but saying they don't seem likely to get Chicago. Right?

BTW, I am definitely well into talking-out-of-my-ass territory here, obviously.

Gold

Postby 20170322 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:13 pm

guybourdin wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
SweetTort wrote:

Everything I have heard has said that in order to get Chicago from WUSTL you should either be from Chicago or be exceptional. So, I guess what I mean is, I would think someone from, say, Miami who is top 25% and on a secondary journal is going to have an easier go in NYC than Chi. Not saying they get NYC, but saying they don't seem likely to get Chicago. Right?

I was just completely mistaken, I suppose. Carry on.

joeytribbiani

Bronze

Postby joeytribbiani » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:46 pm

In via email!! Very happy :D

JD_Kingfish

Bronze

Postby JD_Kingfish » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:38 pm

in!! :D :D

studyingeveryday

Silver

Postby studyingeveryday » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:26 pm

SweetTort wrote:Just got full tuition plus a 15k stipend per year!!!

So happy I could cry.

eyyy congrats man! so happy for you. feel like i've been living through your journey on tls

studyingeveryday

Silver

Postby studyingeveryday » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:28 pm

SweetTort wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
SweetTort wrote:

I was just completely mistaken, I suppose. Carry on.

thanks all of you for answers! glad to hear WUSTL is realistic enough for nyc

Gold

Postby 20170322 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:29 pm

studyingeveryday wrote:
SweetTort wrote:Just got full tuition plus a 15k stipend per year!!!

So happy I could cry.

eyyy congrats man! so happy for you. feel like i've been living through your journey on tls

Thanks man!!! WUSTL is def my best option rn. Would be a great place to end up.

Redsfan320

New

Postby Redsfan320 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:12 pm

Was accepted last Monday (10/24), still no scholly offer. :( I guess I'm just here to complain, but everyone else here seems to be getting quicker offers after acceptance.

Don't mind me, I'm just an impatient crybaby. I love WUSTL though, it's probably my (realistic) first choice, so I'm chomping at the bit to see if they're offering enough.

PDX4343

Silver

Postby PDX4343 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:25 pm

Has anyone else already interviewed and not heard back about a decision? I'm interviewed almost 5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. I'm also still getting emails about information sessions that tell me I should apply, and offering me the ability to apply for a fee waiver. I'm probably just being impatient, but does it seem like they could have misplaced my application? I haven't seen anyone else in here have to wait that long for a decision after interviewing...

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:34 pm

PDX4343 wrote:Has anyone else already interviewed and not heard back about a decision? I'm interviewed almost 5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. I'm also still getting emails about information sessions that tell me I should apply, and offering me the ability to apply for a fee waiver. I'm probably just being impatient, but does it seem like they could have misplaced my application? I haven't seen anyone else in here have to wait that long for a decision after interviewing...

No, but I applied 5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything!

joeytribbiani

Bronze

Postby joeytribbiani » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:38 pm

PDX4343 wrote:Has anyone else already interviewed and not heard back about a decision? I'm interviewed almost 5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. I'm also still getting emails about information sessions that tell me I should apply, and offering me the ability to apply for a fee waiver. I'm probably just being impatient, but does it seem like they could have misplaced my application? I haven't seen anyone else in here have to wait that long for a decision after interviewing...

I'm pretty sure you won't stop receiving those emails until you get a decision. I was still receiving them after interviewing and then got accepted. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

PDX4343

Silver

Postby PDX4343 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:42 pm

joeytribbiani wrote:

I'm pretty sure you won't stop receiving those emails until you get a decision. I was still receiving them after interviewing and then got accepted. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Alright cool that makes me feel better about it. Thanks.

caitlinrw

Bronze

Postby caitlinrw » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:09 pm

Redsfan320 wrote:Was accepted last Monday (10/24), still no scholly offer. :( I guess I'm just here to complain, but everyone else here seems to be getting quicker offers after acceptance.

Don't mind me, I'm just an impatient crybaby. I love WUSTL though, it's probably my (realistic) first choice, so I'm chomping at the bit to see if they're offering enough.

Same lol

stratton_oakmont

New

Postby stratton_oakmont » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:04 pm

Literally in the same situation as you. I thought my interview went well and I was anticipating hearing something in about 2 weeks...which has turned into 5.

Lawschool305

Bronze

Postby Lawschool305 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:34 pm

caitlinrw wrote:
Redsfan320 wrote:Was accepted last Monday (10/24), still no scholly offer. :( I guess I'm just here to complain, but everyone else here seems to be getting quicker offers after acceptance.

Same lol

I was accepted on 10/27 and have not heard back for scholarship info. I feel your pain.

PDX4343

Silver

Postby PDX4343 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:24 pm

stratton_oakmont wrote:

Literally in the same situation as you. I thought my interview went well and I was anticipating hearing something in about 2 weeks...which has turned into 5.

Pretty dumb. At least I've got a couple T14 acceptances already. Otherwise I'd probably be freaking out right now.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Bronze

Postby Rich Uncle Skeleton » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:24 pm

Lawschool305 wrote:
caitlinrw wrote:

Same lol

I was accepted on 10/27 and have not heard back for scholarship info. I feel your pain.

+1

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?