WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Final Poll - What's your status?

Dinged :(
3
3%
Waitlisted - Withdrew
0
No votes
Waitlisted - Riding it Out
19
21%
Admitted - Withdrew
24
27%
Admitted - Attending!
25
28%
Still Waiting on a Decision
19
21%
 
Total votes: 90

User avatar
theothercat

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:36 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby theothercat » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:03 pm

ponderingmeerkat wrote:
theothercat wrote:Took 4 days after my interview to get my scholarship info. 185k! :shock:


Wow dude...that's incredible. Congrats on a great outcome!


Thank you!

Lawschool305

Bronze
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Lawschool305 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:27 pm

For those of you who got scholarship info. Did it come via physical mail or an email?

Also did you get accepted and a few days later get notified with scholarship info, or was it all in one package?

User avatar
theothercat

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:36 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby theothercat » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:44 pm

Lawschool305 wrote:For those of you who got scholarship info. Did it come via physical mail or an email?

Also did you get accepted and a few days later get notified with scholarship info, or was it all in one package?


It came through e-mail. Also, my tuition offer and stipend offer came as two separate e-mails, about 10 minutes apart.

For me, and seemingly for most people, it went: interview, acceptance, and then give or take a week before the scholarship info was sent out.

Lawschool305

Bronze
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Lawschool305 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:56 pm

theothercat wrote:
Lawschool305 wrote:For those of you who got scholarship info. Did it come via physical mail or an email?

Also did you get accepted and a few days later get notified with scholarship info, or was it all in one package?


It came through e-mail. Also, my tuition offer and stipend offer came as two separate e-mails, about 10 minutes apart.

For me, and seemingly for most people, it went: interview, acceptance, and then give or take a week before the scholarship info was sent out.



Thank you for the timeline. I was accepted yesterday! Hoping to hear (good news) about scholarship next week.

User avatar
jlc058

Bronze
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:38 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby jlc058 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:00 pm

Lawschool305 wrote:
theothercat wrote:
Lawschool305 wrote:For those of you who got scholarship info. Did it come via physical mail or an email?

Also did you get accepted and a few days later get notified with scholarship info, or was it all in one package?


It came through e-mail. Also, my tuition offer and stipend offer came as two separate e-mails, about 10 minutes apart.

For me, and seemingly for most people, it went: interview, acceptance, and then give or take a week before the scholarship info was sent out.



Thank you for the timeline. I was accepted yesterday! Hoping to hear (good news) about scholarship next week.


I think the time is varying but all pretty quick- I interviewed Monday, was accepted Tuesday and just heard last night about my scholarship (all through email) I think others have waited a week in between interview and scholarship offers, but generally they have been killing it with the turnaround time

20170322

Gold
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby 20170322 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:07 pm

Lawschool305 wrote:
theothercat wrote:
Lawschool305 wrote:For those of you who got scholarship info. Did it come via physical mail or an email?

Also did you get accepted and a few days later get notified with scholarship info, or was it all in one package?


It came through e-mail. Also, my tuition offer and stipend offer came as two separate e-mails, about 10 minutes apart.

For me, and seemingly for most people, it went: interview, acceptance, and then give or take a week before the scholarship info was sent out.



Thank you for the timeline. I was accepted yesterday! Hoping to hear (good news) about scholarship next week.


I'm holding out my unrealistic hope for today. haha

User avatar
theothercat

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:36 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby theothercat » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:27 pm

Lawschool305 wrote:
theothercat wrote:
Lawschool305 wrote:For those of you who got scholarship info. Did it come via physical mail or an email?

Also did you get accepted and a few days later get notified with scholarship info, or was it all in one package?


It came through e-mail. Also, my tuition offer and stipend offer came as two separate e-mails, about 10 minutes apart.

For me, and seemingly for most people, it went: interview, acceptance, and then give or take a week before the scholarship info was sent out.



Thank you for the timeline. I was accepted yesterday! Hoping to hear (good news) about scholarship next week.


Good luck!

ponderingmeerkat

Gold
Posts: 1879
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:24 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:14 pm

SweetTort wrote:Supposed to be interviewing rn, have yet to be contacted. Freaking out.


Hmmmm...I, too, was supposed to be interviewing right now and not hearing a damn thing. Noticing a trend line.

20170322

Gold
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby 20170322 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:22 pm

ponderingmeerkat wrote:
SweetTort wrote:Supposed to be interviewing rn, have yet to be contacted. Freaking out.


Hmmmm...I, too, was supposed to be interviewing right now and not hearing a damn thing. Noticing a trend line.


For me it was that I was failing to answer the call. Make sure your technology is all set.

ponderingmeerkat

Gold
Posts: 1879
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:24 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:46 pm

SweetTort wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote:
SweetTort wrote:Supposed to be interviewing rn, have yet to be contacted. Freaking out.


Hmmmm...I, too, was supposed to be interviewing right now and not hearing a damn thing. Noticing a trend line.


For me it was that I was failing to answer the call. Make sure your technology is all set.


Yup...all set. Gunna hold out for 3ish Eastern assuming they had some sort of scheduling snafu driven by time zones. If nothing, I'll just chalk it up. 8)

Edit: Ok so, apparently 2PM EDT on the WashU scheduler somehow translated to 2PM CDT. No biggie. Interview went really well--just an hour late.

User avatar
shotgunheist

Bronze
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:38 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby shotgunheist » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:05 pm

So my GPA is at their median, and I'm retaking in December. Is it worth it to try ED if i'm PTing around 166? I know it cant hurt if i'm way under, but what if I pull off a 170 or something? Could I ask to go to RD before they make a decision? I'm applying to peer schools like WUSTL.

cantyoloforever

Bronze
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:02 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby cantyoloforever » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:20 pm

I think I know the answer to this question already, but would it seem strange to respond to a scholarship offer e-mail?

Lawschool305

Bronze
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Lawschool305 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:25 pm

cantyoloforever wrote:I think I know the answer to this question already, but would it seem strange to respond to a scholarship offer e-mail?

What would you be saying?

cantyoloforever

Bronze
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:02 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby cantyoloforever » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:45 pm

Lawschool305 wrote:
cantyoloforever wrote:I think I know the answer to this question already, but would it seem strange to respond to a scholarship offer e-mail?

What would you be saying?

Like 1-2 sentences about saying thanks for the opportunity etc.

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:06 pm

cantyoloforever wrote:
Lawschool305 wrote:
cantyoloforever wrote:I think I know the answer to this question already, but would it seem strange to respond to a scholarship offer e-mail?

What would you be saying?

Like 1-2 sentences about saying thanks for the opportunity etc.


I think you could but it's not really necessary at all. Won't hurt you either way though, so do what you feel is best!

20170322

Gold
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby 20170322 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:22 pm

For those who have gotten scholarship offers, around what time did they come in?

katthegreat11

Bronze
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby katthegreat11 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:56 pm

.
Last edited by katthegreat11 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

JDrat

Bronze
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:45 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby JDrat » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:53 pm

Anyone here who successfully solicited a fee waiver from WUSTL? I emailed them on 28th October, but no reply. There is no hidden waiver on my LSAC profile either.

User avatar
sweets91

Silver
Posts: 763
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:22 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby sweets91 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:26 am

Nayanthika wrote:Anyone here who successfully solicited a fee waiver from WUSTL? I emailed them on 28th October, but no reply. There is no hidden waiver on my LSAC profile either.


stats

JDrat

Bronze
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:45 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby JDrat » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:21 am

LSAT - > 25 and <75
GPA - I have a foreign LLB degree which my LSAC report has evaluated as 'Superior', so not sure what it is equivalent to.

joeytribbiani

Bronze
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:32 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby joeytribbiani » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:25 am

Interviewed last Tuesday 10/25 and haven't heard anything back yet, getting so anxious waiting!! (This post is irrelevant I just am bored at work and anxious of waiting)

User avatar
sweets91

Silver
Posts: 763
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:22 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby sweets91 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:00 pm

joeytribbiani wrote:Interviewed last Tuesday 10/25 and haven't heard anything back yet, getting so anxious waiting!! (This post is irrelevant I just am bored at work and anxious of waiting)


Is WUSTL your first choice?

20170322

Gold
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby 20170322 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:04 pm

Just got full tuition plus a 15k stipend per year!!!

So happy I could cry.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Mikey » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:10 pm

SweetTort wrote:So happy I could cry.

Congrats bro!!! happy for you man!

User avatar
PrezRand

Gold
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby PrezRand » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:16 pm

SweetTort wrote:Just got full tuition plus a 15k stipend per year!!!

So happy I could cry.

Congrats!!!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests