WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Final Poll - What's your status?

Dinged :(
3
3%
Waitlisted - Withdrew
0
No votes
Waitlisted - Riding it Out
19
21%
Admitted - Withdrew
24
27%
Admitted - Attending!
25
28%
Still Waiting on a Decision
19
21%
 
Total votes: 90

somedeadman
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby somedeadman » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:54 pm

gwillygecko wrote:Logged in and withdrew a few minutes ago. It was hard to do because I really enjoyed my visit in February and it is a good school. But in the end I didnt want to live in st louis for 3 years, among other reasons.

Best of luck to everyone going there, and maybe this will open up a spot for somebody!

Mind explaining why you don't want to live in STL?

gwillygecko
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby gwillygecko » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:22 am

its in the middle of nowhere a million miles away from home i guess? haha.

User avatar
jessmeesh
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby jessmeesh » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:42 am

Just withdrew from the waitlist. I had mostly applied in hopes of a scholarship offer for negotiation purposes. Since that wasn't going to happen from the waitlist, no point in riding it out.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.
Posts: 1205
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:12 am

The only school that I have yet to hear from (applied late October)... :roll:

User avatar
TexasENG
Posts: 1073
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby TexasENG » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:50 pm

Last poll from me for the cycle is up. Hit me up if you need something in the OP. Good luck to everyone waiting still. I think the destination thread is up for anyone who is attending.

somedeadman
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby somedeadman » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:04 pm

gwillygecko wrote:its in the middle of nowhere a million miles away from home i guess? haha.

Gotcha. I live there, so it's always interesting to hear an outsider perspective

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.
Posts: 1205
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:11 pm

somedeadman wrote:
gwillygecko wrote:its in the middle of nowhere a million miles away from home i guess? haha.

Gotcha. I live there, so it's always interesting to hear an outsider perspective


No offense, I hear the main parts of St. Louis are awesome. But on the east coast, people usually crap on Baltimore/Newark/Camden as being a warzone but the fact that St. Louis* has higher crime rates than all of those three is alarming.

*not even counting East St. Louis.

somedeadman
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby somedeadman » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:20 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
somedeadman wrote:
gwillygecko wrote:its in the middle of nowhere a million miles away from home i guess? haha.

Gotcha. I live there, so it's always interesting to hear an outsider perspective


No offense, I hear the main parts of St. Louis are awesome. But on the east coast, people usually crap on Baltimore/Newark/Camden as being a warzone but the fact that St. Louis* has higher crime rates than all of those three is alarming.

*not even counting East St. Louis.


That's fair (and we are deservedly crapped on often for it). With that said, the most dangerous parts of the city are pretty far away from WashU

User avatar
lawlzschool
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby lawlzschool » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:20 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
somedeadman wrote:
gwillygecko wrote:its in the middle of nowhere a million miles away from home i guess? haha.

Gotcha. I live there, so it's always interesting to hear an outsider perspective


No offense, I hear the main parts of St. Louis are awesome. But on the east coast, people usually crap on Baltimore/Newark/Camden as being a warzone but the fact that St. Louis* has higher crime rates than all of those three is alarming.

*not even counting East St. Louis.


lived in baltimore, only visited st. louis but tbh st. louis is nowhere near baltimore. fwiw i walked all throughout st. louis (literally 14 miles) and never once felt unsafe. couldn't do that in baltimore. i'm a rather diminutive female too so im generally quite aware of my surroundings in protection. also in defense of baltimore it wasnt always a warzone :wink:

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.
Posts: 1205
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:30 pm

somedeadman wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
somedeadman wrote:
gwillygecko wrote:its in the middle of nowhere a million miles away from home i guess? haha.

Gotcha. I live there, so it's always interesting to hear an outsider perspective


No offense, I hear the main parts of St. Louis are awesome. But on the east coast, people usually crap on Baltimore/Newark/Camden as being a warzone but the fact that St. Louis* has higher crime rates than all of those three is alarming.

*not even counting East St. Louis.


That's fair (and we are deservedly crapped on often for it). With that said, the most dangerous parts of the city are pretty far away from WashU


Haha yeah that's true. I was just talking about St. Louis' rep as a whole but the area around Wash U is pretty nice.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.
Posts: 1205
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:33 pm

lawlzschool wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
somedeadman wrote:
gwillygecko wrote:its in the middle of nowhere a million miles away from home i guess? haha.

Gotcha. I live there, so it's always interesting to hear an outsider perspective


No offense, I hear the main parts of St. Louis are awesome. But on the east coast, people usually crap on Baltimore/Newark/Camden as being a warzone but the fact that St. Louis* has higher crime rates than all of those three is alarming.

*not even counting East St. Louis.


lived in baltimore, only visited st. louis but tbh st. louis is nowhere near baltimore. fwiw i walked all throughout st. louis (literally 14 miles) and never once felt unsafe. couldn't do that in baltimore. i'm a rather diminutive female too so im generally quite aware of my surroundings in protection. also in defense of baltimore it wasnt always a warzone :wink:


Wow that's surprising and good to know!

My guess is that STL might have a few REALLY bad areas and the rest are pretty nice, whereas in baltimore, the bad areas are pretty evenly distributed thoughout. I've been to Bmore many times and the area near Camden Yards is not bad or super shady, depending on which way you turn haha

gizmo1024
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:09 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby gizmo1024 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:45 pm

WashU was the first school to accept me, so I felt sad declining their offer yesterday. Good luck to all!

User avatar
lawlzschool
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby lawlzschool » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:28 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
somedeadman wrote:
gwillygecko wrote:its in the middle of nowhere a million miles away from home i guess? haha.

Gotcha. I live there, so it's always interesting to hear an outsider perspective


No offense, I hear the main parts of St. Louis are awesome. But on the east coast, people usually crap on Baltimore/Newark/Camden as being a warzone but the fact that St. Louis* has higher crime rates than all of those three is alarming.

*not even counting East St. Louis.


lived in baltimore, only visited st. louis but tbh st. louis is nowhere near baltimore. fwiw i walked all throughout st. louis (literally 14 miles) and never once felt unsafe. couldn't do that in baltimore. i'm a rather diminutive female too so im generally quite aware of my surroundings in protection. also in defense of baltimore it wasnt always a warzone :wink:


Wow that's surprising and good to know!

My guess is that STL might have a few REALLY bad areas and the rest are pretty nice, whereas in baltimore, the bad areas are pretty evenly distributed thoughout. I've been to Bmore many times and the area near Camden Yards is not bad or super shady, depending on which way you turn haha


Yea I agree. I did my first year of uni there and they literally take you on a "safety walk" as part of orientation and show you the "boundaries". sobering for an 18 y/o [at the time] small town california gal... and yea camden yard/inner harbor/fell's point is all considered the 'nice' part but i wasn't living there ha

ChambanaMan
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby ChambanaMan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:29 pm

Would taking the June LSAT help with scholarship negotiation or would that be too late?

User avatar
speedofthought
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:59 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby speedofthought » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:01 pm

lawlzschool wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
somedeadman wrote:
gwillygecko wrote:its in the middle of nowhere a million miles away from home i guess? haha.

Gotcha. I live there, so it's always interesting to hear an outsider perspective


No offense, I hear the main parts of St. Louis are awesome. But on the east coast, people usually crap on Baltimore/Newark/Camden as being a warzone but the fact that St. Louis* has higher crime rates than all of those three is alarming.

*not even counting East St. Louis.


lived in baltimore, only visited st. louis but tbh st. louis is nowhere near baltimore. fwiw i walked all throughout st. louis (literally 14 miles) and never once felt unsafe. couldn't do that in baltimore. i'm a rather diminutive female too so im generally quite aware of my surroundings in protection. also in defense of baltimore it wasnt always a warzone :wink:


Wow that's surprising and good to know!

My guess is that STL might have a few REALLY bad areas and the rest are pretty nice, whereas in baltimore, the bad areas are pretty evenly distributed thoughout. I've been to Bmore many times and the area near Camden Yards is not bad or super shady, depending on which way you turn haha


Yea I agree. I did my first year of uni there and they literally take you on a "safety walk" as part of orientation and show you the "boundaries". sobering for an 18 y/o [at the time] small town california gal... and yea camden yard/inner harbor/fell's point is all considered the 'nice' part but i wasn't living there ha


I just visited and was surprised by how safe the city felt given the crime stats. The part of town that the school is in, including the neighborhoods where most of the law students live and the neighborhoods adjacent to Forest Park, all looked safe, and I personally walked through the Delmar Loop, Central West End, campus, and the park and felt extremely comfortable. It's actually a charming and fantastic area, with the park anchoring in a ton of culture (and the zoo and museums are freeeee!) and walkable directly from campus (it's immediately adjacent), and the neighborhoods bringing in different flavors.

User avatar
haley12
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby haley12 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:52 am

speedofthought wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
somedeadman wrote:
gwillygecko wrote:its in the middle of nowhere a million miles away from home i guess? haha.

Gotcha. I live there, so it's always interesting to hear an outsider perspective


No offense, I hear the main parts of St. Louis are awesome. But on the east coast, people usually crap on Baltimore/Newark/Camden as being a warzone but the fact that St. Louis* has higher crime rates than all of those three is alarming.

*not even counting East St. Louis.


lived in baltimore, only visited st. louis but tbh st. louis is nowhere near baltimore. fwiw i walked all throughout st. louis (literally 14 miles) and never once felt unsafe. couldn't do that in baltimore. i'm a rather diminutive female too so im generally quite aware of my surroundings in protection. also in defense of baltimore it wasnt always a warzone :wink:


Wow that's surprising and good to know!

My guess is that STL might have a few REALLY bad areas and the rest are pretty nice, whereas in baltimore, the bad areas are pretty evenly distributed thoughout. I've been to Bmore many times and the area near Camden Yards is not bad or super shady, depending on which way you turn haha


Yea I agree. I did my first year of uni there and they literally take you on a "safety walk" as part of orientation and show you the "boundaries". sobering for an 18 y/o [at the time] small town california gal... and yea camden yard/inner harbor/fell's point is all considered the 'nice' part but i wasn't living there ha


I just visited and was surprised by how safe the city felt given the crime stats. The part of town that the school is in, including the neighborhoods where most of the law students live and the neighborhoods adjacent to Forest Park, all looked safe, and I personally walked through the Delmar Loop, Central West End, campus, and the park and felt extremely comfortable. It's actually a charming and fantastic area, with the park anchoring in a ton of culture (and the zoo and museums are freeeee!) and walkable directly from campus (it's immediately adjacent), and the neighborhoods bringing in different flavors.


Central West End is so cute and could be anywhere-- definitely could picture myself there. IMO, the Loop is still a little ghetto but with some cute spots.

Jlyyep
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:44 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Jlyyep » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:44 am

Just checking, who here was held? And does anyone know what the prospects are for getting an admit from that?

User avatar
bitter_melon
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby bitter_melon » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:47 pm

WUSTL post your 2016 ABA stats plz.

raeofsunshine
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:20 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby raeofsunshine » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:51 pm

What day is/was the first seat deposit due?

User avatar
amta
Posts: 9424
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby amta » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:52 pm

raeofsunshine wrote:What day is/was the first seat deposit due?


last saturday

raeofsunshine
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:20 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby raeofsunshine » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:54 pm

amta wrote:
raeofsunshine wrote:What day is/was the first seat deposit due?


last saturday


Thanks! Waitlisted btw - just trying to figure out when to send my LOCI

littlekidlover
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:02 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby littlekidlover » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:46 am

bitter_melon wrote:WUSTL post your 2016 ABA stats plz.


dat big law bump tho. definitely feeling more optimistic about WUSTL now!

http://law.wustl.edu/career_services/em ... y-2017.pdf

JordanLaw15
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:03 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby JordanLaw15 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:24 pm

Anybody get a response to a negotiation for an increase in scholarship?

njdevils327
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:23 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby njdevils327 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:59 pm

Put in my seat deposit today finally.

baseballfan660
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:46 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby baseballfan660 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:33 am

njdevils327 wrote:Put in my seat deposit today finally.

did you have an extension or were accepted late? Can you just depsosit 10 days after the deadline? That's pretty sick.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], br1112, delri, Exabot [Bot], mwells56, Ntp73821, ticket, tinywingnut and 31 guests