WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Final Poll - What's your status?

Dinged :(
3
3%
Waitlisted - Withdrew
0
No votes
Waitlisted - Riding it Out
19
21%
Admitted - Withdrew
24
27%
Admitted - Attending!
25
28%
Still Waiting on a Decision
19
21%
 
Total votes: 90

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby chargers21 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:11 pm

guybourdin wrote:
chargers21 wrote:I got into Chicago off the WL and held at WUSTL today (got the same email as the previous posters). Crazy unexpected on both ends!

That's huge! Congrats

Thanks!

intlbr

Bronze
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby intlbr » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:42 pm

Dinged today, but it was the nicest rejection of my life :lol:

gizmo1024

Bronze
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:09 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applic

Postby gizmo1024 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:57 pm

Dropping by to confirm the shirt is super soft and runs small. Glad I took the advice on this thread and ordered a size up!

JustWannaGraduate

New
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:05 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby JustWannaGraduate » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:57 am

Just as an update to all who may be concerned about Wash U's early deposit day and the possibility of extending it:

I emailed the lady whom I interviewed with and have been corresponding with (super nice and helpful), and she said that she would "take my request to the committee", asking for a date that I would prefer the deposit to be due by. It sounded like the normal extension was a week (so until 4/8), but I preferred a deadline of 4/15 (which is the date for most schools im considering) so I told her that was the date. She didn't say how likely it is that the request would be granted, but did say that they would probably get back to me in a couple days.

At this point if I can't get it pushed back I'll probably just deposit there and eat the $. Won't really affect my status anywhere else because I don't think WUSTL has a policy of withdrawing all apps when you do deposit (correct me if I'm wrong), so I can just withdraw my app from Wash U if I decide to go elsewhere and deposit.

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3434
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby guynourmin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:25 am

JustWannaGraduate wrote:I don't think WUSTL has a policy of withdrawing all apps when you do deposit (correct me if I'm wrong)


You are fine with the first deposit. By the second deposit you need to have made a decision, but it sounds like that isn't a concern you have right now.

JustWannaGraduate

New
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:05 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby JustWannaGraduate » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:39 pm

guybourdin wrote:
JustWannaGraduate wrote:I don't think WUSTL has a policy of withdrawing all apps when you do deposit (correct me if I'm wrong)


You are fine with the first deposit. By the second deposit you need to have made a decision, but it sounds like that isn't a concern you have right now.


Yeah. Would rather just be able to push it back, but I think it's worth the deposit to hold a seat and a scholarship if I'm still waiting on offers (which I anticipate doing in early April).

JustWannaGraduate

New
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:05 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby JustWannaGraduate » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:24 pm

JustWannaGraduate wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
JustWannaGraduate wrote:I don't think WUSTL has a policy of withdrawing all apps when you do deposit (correct me if I'm wrong)


You are fine with the first deposit. By the second deposit you need to have made a decision, but it sounds like that isn't a concern you have right now.


Yeah. Would rather just be able to push it back, but I think it's worth the deposit to hold a seat and a scholarship if I'm still waiting on offers (which I anticipate doing in early April).


Update: pretty quickly was told that they're willing to push it back to April 15, which is extremely helpful

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Kopetz » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:25 pm

JustWannaGraduate wrote:
JustWannaGraduate wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
JustWannaGraduate wrote:I don't think WUSTL has a policy of withdrawing all apps when you do deposit (correct me if I'm wrong)


You are fine with the first deposit. By the second deposit you need to have made a decision, but it sounds like that isn't a concern you have right now.


Yeah. Would rather just be able to push it back, but I think it's worth the deposit to hold a seat and a scholarship if I'm still waiting on offers (which I anticipate doing in early April).


Update: pretty quickly was told that they're willing to push it back to April 15, which is extremely helpful


This is helpful, thank you. I'll probably ask for the same, given that I'm waiting on a few acceptances and scholarship negotiations (including WUSTL.)

lilikoillama

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby lilikoillama » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:21 pm

Interviewed 3/1 and still waiting. Only been 3 weeks but still.. :cry:

User avatar
khaleesi_k

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby khaleesi_k » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:41 pm

Does anyone know anything about their WL and how many applicants they usually take off it?

User avatar
Stylnator

Silver
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Stylnator » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:28 am

khaleesi_k wrote:Does anyone know anything about their WL and how many applicants they usually take off it?


+1

User avatar
bitter_melon

Bronze
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby bitter_melon » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:52 pm

Per one of the deans at ASD, the class of 2016 BL+Clerkship rate was 46%...
Last edited by bitter_melon on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
alpha kenny body

Gold
Posts: 4850
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby alpha kenny body » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:09 pm

bitter_melon wrote:Per one of the deans at ASD, the class of 2014 BL+Clerkship rate was 46%...

That's 2014 dude. Live in the now.

User avatar
bitter_melon

Bronze
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby bitter_melon » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:11 pm

fips tedora wrote:
bitter_melon wrote:Per one of the deans at ASD, the class of 2014 BL+Clerkship rate was 46%...

That's 2014 dude. Live in the now.


Mistyped on phone, meant 2016, sorry to confuse.

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3434
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby guynourmin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:19 pm

bitter_melon wrote:Per one of the deans at ASD, the class of 2016 BL+Clerkship rate was 46%...


That would be an incredible jump. There's no way, right? If that were the case they would release their employment disclosures as early as possible.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby proteinshake » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:01 pm

guybourdin wrote:
bitter_melon wrote:Per one of the deans at ASD, the class of 2016 BL+Clerkship rate was 46%...


That would be an incredible jump. There's no way, right? If that were the case they would release their employment disclosures as early as possible.

but is that FED clerk or any clerkships?

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3434
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby guynourmin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:24 pm

proteinshake wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
bitter_melon wrote:Per one of the deans at ASD, the class of 2016 BL+Clerkship rate was 46%...


That would be an incredible jump. There's no way, right? If that were the case they would release their employment disclosures as early as possible.

but is that FED clerk or any clerkships?


Even with State clerks they've been around 36% the last two years

TLSTex2020

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:51 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby TLSTex2020 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 pm

Would anyone who went to the Admitted Student Days mind telling us about their impression of WUSTL? I'm bummed I had to miss it, but I'd love to hear someone's experience!

somedeadman

Bronze
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby somedeadman » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:59 pm

JustWannaGraduate wrote:Just as an update to all who may be concerned about Wash U's early deposit day and the possibility of extending it:

I emailed the lady whom I interviewed with and have been corresponding with (super nice and helpful), and she said that she would "take my request to the committee", asking for a date that I would prefer the deposit to be due by. It sounded like the normal extension was a week (so until 4/8), but I preferred a deadline of 4/15 (which is the date for most schools im considering) so I told her that was the date. She didn't say how likely it is that the request would be granted, but did say that they would probably get back to me in a couple days.

At this point if I can't get it pushed back I'll probably just deposit there and eat the $. Won't really affect my status anywhere else because I don't think WUSTL has a policy of withdrawing all apps when you do deposit (correct me if I'm wrong), so I can just withdraw my app from Wash U if I decide to go elsewhere and deposit.


Can you PM me who you emailed?

haley12

Silver
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby haley12 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:04 pm

TLSTex2020 wrote:Would anyone who went to the Admitted Student Days mind telling us about their impression of WUSTL? I'm bummed I had to miss it, but I'd love to hear someone's experience!


Loved it!! Faculty especially are amazing and I really get the impression that they are gunning to improve clerkship/employment numbers by supporting students in every possible way. I liked it a lot more than I expected to.

jza1994

Bronze
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:09 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby jza1994 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:08 pm

TLSTex2020 wrote:Would anyone who went to the Admitted Student Days mind telling us about their impression of WUSTL? I'm bummed I had to miss it, but I'd love to hear someone's experience!


I was really impressed. Beautiful campus, inside and out. Good social atmosphere. They went out of their way to emphasize the appeal nationally of their program- especially in DC and NYC, with mention of their work towards opening the CA market. The faculty and staff seemed very dedicated to helping students get good employment outcomes. Acceptable, near campus housing is cheap for a city. They recommended the central west end or delmar loop. PM if you have any specific questions!

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:50 pm

guybourdin wrote:
bitter_melon wrote:Per one of the deans at ASD, the class of 2016 BL+Clerkship rate was 46%...


That would be an incredible jump. There's no way, right? If that were the case they would release their employment disclosures as early as possible.


I'm emailing the admissions team to confirm if that's correct. They let it slip during an alumni panel, but I didn't get a chance to speak to the associate Dean who mentioned it afterwards. Would obviously be kind of a game changer if it's true, so I wanna know before seat deposits are due.

somedeadman

Bronze
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby somedeadman » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:26 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
bitter_melon wrote:Per one of the deans at ASD, the class of 2016 BL+Clerkship rate was 46%...


That would be an incredible jump. There's no way, right? If that were the case they would release their employment disclosures as early as possible.


I'm emailing the admissions team to confirm if that's correct. They let it slip during an alumni panel, but I didn't get a chance to speak to the associate Dean who mentioned it afterwards. Would obviously be kind of a game changer if it's true, so I wanna know before seat deposits are due.

Definitely let us know, because that would probably make me deposit there!

And for those wondering, yes, ASW was awesome. I'd be very happy to attend there. It sounds like you shouldn't rely on OCI to get a big law gig, but if you hustle it's an attainable outcome.

User avatar
bitter_melon

Bronze
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby bitter_melon » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:53 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
bitter_melon wrote:Per one of the deans at ASD, the class of 2016 BL+Clerkship rate was 46%...


That would be an incredible jump. There's no way, right? If that were the case they would release their employment disclosures as early as possible.


I'm emailing the admissions team to confirm if that's correct. They let it slip during an alumni panel, but I didn't get a chance to speak to the associate Dean who mentioned it afterwards. Would obviously be kind of a game changer if it's true, so I wanna know before seat deposits are due.


Yeah, please respond with what they say. That number is a game changer. It's also on one of the documents that they gave out, the exact phrasing is:

"In a broad sense, about 46% of our Class of 2016 has chosen to practice law in a large law firm or clerk immediately after graduation."

There's a lot to interpret there.

littlekidlover

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:02 am

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby littlekidlover » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:24 pm

TLSTex2020 wrote:Would anyone who went to the Admitted Student Days mind telling us about their impression of WUSTL? I'm bummed I had to miss it, but I'd love to hear someone's experience!


I am someone who didn't anticipate WUSTL being a serious option. I applied because I'm a splitter and it's a no-brainer to apply there for scholarship negotiation purposes if you're a splitter. In fact, early on in this process I wrote out all of the schools I applied to and ranked them in terms of my preference, and WUSTL was something like #15. The ASW basically changed that entirely. It's an amazing institution - both the law school and the university generally speaking. The Central West End neighborhood where most law students seem to live is affordable, safe, and has a pretty great night life scene. All of the students and staff I spoke with were kind, helpful, and made compelling cases for WUSTL. Seemed to have a really strong and positive culture.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests