Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your current / final status?

Dinged :(
2
4%
Waitlisted - Withdrew
0
No votes
Waitlisted - Riding it Out
6
11%
Admitted - Withdrew
8
14%
Admitted - Attending!
14
25%
Still Waiting on a Decision
26
46%
 
Total votes: 56

User avatar
gargleblaster

Bronze
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby gargleblaster » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:17 pm

poptart123 wrote:
Litt1tUp wrote:
poptart123 wrote:There is a stipend for OOS


How do you request it?

Edit/sorry I have been searching for it a while and couldn't find anything haha


I don't have it on me right now, but I think it is in the admissions package. There is definitely a stipend, though--just having trouble finding it now too strangely



You request it on teh ASW registration page. They will email u if u get it. Says need based, but i think they'll give if u ask. (i didnt provide any $$ info)

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby brinicolec » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:24 pm

gargleblaster wrote:
poptart123 wrote:
Litt1tUp wrote:
poptart123 wrote:There is a stipend for OOS


How do you request it?

Edit/sorry I have been searching for it a while and couldn't find anything haha


I don't have it on me right now, but I think it is in the admissions package. There is definitely a stipend, though--just having trouble finding it now too strangely



You request it on teh ASW registration page. They will email u if u get it. Says need based, but i think they'll give if u ask. (i didnt provide any $$ info)


Alright, maybe I'm just blind or something but I don't see it :cry:

User avatar
gargleblaster

Bronze
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby gargleblaster » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:26 pm

brinicolec wrote:
gargleblaster wrote:
poptart123 wrote:
Litt1tUp wrote:
poptart123 wrote:There is a stipend for OOS


How do you request it?

Edit/sorry I have been searching for it a while and couldn't find anything haha


I don't have it on me right now, but I think it is in the admissions package. There is definitely a stipend, though--just having trouble finding it now too strangely



You request it on teh ASW registration page. They will email u if u get it. Says need based, but i think they'll give if u ask. (i didnt provide any $$ info)


Alright, maybe I'm just blind or something but I don't see it :cry:



lol jk i just forgot what it was

heres the link

https://utexas.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/S ... zVKmmYgFVj

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby brinicolec » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:27 pm

gargleblaster wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
gargleblaster wrote:
poptart123 wrote:
Litt1tUp wrote:
poptart123 wrote:There is a stipend for OOS


How do you request it?

Edit/sorry I have been searching for it a while and couldn't find anything haha


I don't have it on me right now, but I think it is in the admissions package. There is definitely a stipend, though--just having trouble finding it now too strangely



You request it on teh ASW registration page. They will email u if u get it. Says need based, but i think they'll give if u ask. (i didnt provide any $$ info)


Alright, maybe I'm just blind or something but I don't see it :cry:



lol jk i just forgot what it was

heres the link

https://utexas.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/S ... zVKmmYgFVj


Lol, thank you!

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby brinicolec » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:51 pm

Got my acceptance letter in the mail, which is dated Monday (the day I got the call), as well as some other stuff to read. Is there anything else I should be expecting to get in the mail?

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby dietcoke1 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:13 pm

brinicolec wrote:Got my acceptance letter in the mail, which is dated Monday (the day I got the call), as well as some other stuff to read. Is there anything else I should be expecting to get in the mail?


I think thats it. They seem to mostly email.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby brinicolec » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:26 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Got my acceptance letter in the mail, which is dated Monday (the day I got the call), as well as some other stuff to read. Is there anything else I should be expecting to get in the mail?


I think thats it. They seem to mostly email.


Sounds good.

Now all I need to do is wait on their scholarship offer & most likely submit for reconsideration lol

ray.bee

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby ray.bee » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:12 pm

Do scholarship notifications come on the online "CASH" thing they have or via email?

User avatar
AtSomePointItMatters

New
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:02 am

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby AtSomePointItMatters » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:26 pm

ray.bee wrote:Do scholarship notifications come on the online "CASH" thing they have or via email?


Email!

ray.bee

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby ray.bee » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:29 pm

AtSomePointItMatters wrote:
ray.bee wrote:Do scholarship notifications come on the online "CASH" thing they have or via email?


Email!


Thank you!

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby brinicolec » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:05 am

Is the stipend a reimbursement thing or do you have to book through them?

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby brinicolec » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:02 pm

Okay, so I was reading the admitted students site and stuff and.... Does UT have some sort of flat-rate tuition or something? I was looking at this: https://utexas.app.box.com/s/3a2adjyemt ... sx4g19weer and got all types of confused by the way that they have this table broken down...

Also, based on LST, it seems like they do a thing where tuition only increases every other year, is that correct?

User avatar
poptart123

Silver
Posts: 1153
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby poptart123 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:06 am

.
Last edited by poptart123 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby brinicolec » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:03 pm

poptart123 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Okay, so I was reading the admitted students site and stuff and.... Does UT have some sort of flat-rate tuition or something? I was looking at this: https://utexas.app.box.com/s/3a2adjyemt ... sx4g19weer and got all types of confused by the way that they have this table broken down...

Also, based on LST, it seems like they do a thing where tuition only increases every other year, is that correct?


If I'm remembering my Texas politics correctly, tuition rates are set by the legislature, which meets every two years. The UT-System Board of Regents needs to get approval by the Leg to increase rates, so this can only happen every two years maximum. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.


A UT student did say the legislature meets every two years. So basically, in three years we only see a tuition increase once? (they don't meet again until we'd be 2Ls)

User avatar
PrezRand

Gold
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby PrezRand » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:26 pm

brinicolec wrote:
poptart123 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Okay, so I was reading the admitted students site and stuff and.... Does UT have some sort of flat-rate tuition or something? I was looking at this: https://utexas.app.box.com/s/3a2adjyemt ... sx4g19weer and got all types of confused by the way that they have this table broken down...

Also, based on LST, it seems like they do a thing where tuition only increases every other year, is that correct?


If I'm remembering my Texas politics correctly, tuition rates are set by the legislature, which meets every two years. The UT-System Board of Regents needs to get approval by the Leg to increase rates, so this can only happen every two years maximum. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.


A UT student did say the legislature meets every two years. So basically, in three years we only see a tuition increase once? (they don't meet again until we'd be 2Ls)

Correct

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby brinicolec » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:28 pm

PrezRand wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
poptart123 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Okay, so I was reading the admitted students site and stuff and.... Does UT have some sort of flat-rate tuition or something? I was looking at this: https://utexas.app.box.com/s/3a2adjyemt ... sx4g19weer and got all types of confused by the way that they have this table broken down...

Also, based on LST, it seems like they do a thing where tuition only increases every other year, is that correct?


If I'm remembering my Texas politics correctly, tuition rates are set by the legislature, which meets every two years. The UT-System Board of Regents needs to get approval by the Leg to increase rates, so this can only happen every two years maximum. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.


A UT student did say the legislature meets every two years. So basically, in three years we only see a tuition increase once? (they don't meet again until we'd be 2Ls)

Correct


Interesting, gotta change my debt calculation sheets to reflect that lol. Thanks!

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:17 pm

brinicolec wrote:Is the stipend a reimbursement thing or do you have to book through them?


It's a reimbursement. You redeem it during the visit.

User avatar
chichi1992

Bronze
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby chichi1992 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:40 pm

Received an email soliciting a Why Texas? essay. I'm OOS, right at the LSAT median (2nd try) and just below GPA median. Fairly unique softs + WE. Non-URM.

To save me the trouble of looking through every page in this thread...this is a good sign, right? Does UT request a Why Texas? for all "borderline" OOS students? Or does this mean they are *actually* interested? I have several compelling/non-standard reasons for my interest in UT, so my essay should be pretty solid!

User avatar
poptart123

Silver
Posts: 1153
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby poptart123 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:45 pm

chichi1992 wrote:Received an email soliciting a Why Texas? essay. I'm OOS, right at the LSAT median (2nd try) and just below GPA median. Fairly unique softs + WE. Non-URM.

To save me the trouble of looking through every page in this thread...this is a good sign, right? Does UT request a Why Texas? for all "borderline" OOS students? Or does this mean they are *actually* interested? I have several compelling/non-standard reasons for my interest in UT, so my essay should be pretty solid!


Generally I see people who do it get in a few weeks later, but I'm sure there are cases where they do not. I don't think I've seen a person accepted. who declined to submit one, fwiw.

User avatar
chichi1992

Bronze
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby chichi1992 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:49 pm

poptart123 wrote:
chichi1992 wrote:Received an email soliciting a Why Texas? essay. I'm OOS, right at the LSAT median (2nd try) and just below GPA median. Fairly unique softs + WE. Non-URM.

To save me the trouble of looking through every page in this thread...this is a good sign, right? Does UT request a Why Texas? for all "borderline" OOS students? Or does this mean they are *actually* interested? I have several compelling/non-standard reasons for my interest in UT, so my essay should be pretty solid!


Generally I see people who do it get in a few weeks later, but I'm sure there are cases where they do not. I don't think I've seen a person accepted. who declined to submit one, fwiw.


Yeah, definitely not going to decline! Mostly just wondering if I should allow myself to feel excited about this...

User avatar
sec_undergrad

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:19 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby sec_undergrad » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:30 pm

Just got the call from admissions and I'm in! I applied ED back in October, was rolled over for regular decision back in early December. Can't believe it!

User avatar
Torres1893

Bronze
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Torres1893 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:32 pm

sec_undergrad wrote:Just got the call from admissions and I'm in! I applied ED back in October, was rolled over for regular decision back in early December. Can't believe it!


Congrats!

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby brinicolec » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:38 pm

sec_undergrad wrote:Just got the call from admissions and I'm in! I applied ED back in October, was rolled over for regular decision back in early December. Can't believe it!


Awesome, congrats! I'm assuming it's your first choice since you originally applied ED?

trooper10538

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby trooper10538 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:41 pm

Legislature is in session now and new rates would take effect Sept 1 and they will meet again in 2019.

User avatar
sec_undergrad

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:19 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby sec_undergrad » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:16 pm

brinicolec wrote:
sec_undergrad wrote:Just got the call from admissions and I'm in! I applied ED back in October, was rolled over for regular decision back in early December. Can't believe it!


Awesome, congrats! I'm assuming it's your first choice since you originally applied ED?


Thank you! And yes, it was my first choice! I'm not 100% decided yet but it is where I am leaning towards the most.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], swimbikerun15 and 18 guests