Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your current / final status?

Dinged :(
2
4%
Waitlisted - Withdrew
0
No votes
Waitlisted - Riding it Out
6
11%
Admitted - Withdrew
8
14%
Admitted - Attending!
14
25%
Still Waiting on a Decision
26
46%
 
Total votes: 56

User avatar
armc808

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby armc808 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:05 pm

Was admitted on 1/19 and received my scholarship email today (2/8).

User avatar
AtSomePointItMatters

New
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:02 am

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby AtSomePointItMatters » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:24 pm

eng2jd wrote:
lawnerd87 wrote:I've recently been accepted! It's normal not to get scholarship information with the acceptance, right?


I received my acceptance January 24th and received my scholarship notification (rather lack thereof) today, 2/8. General consensus seems to be about 10-14 days from acceptance until the scholarship email comes.


In-state or OOS?

User avatar
Torres1893

Bronze
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Torres1893 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:42 pm

finaciardi wrote:Did everyone get the email about Justice Center Scholarships and the Texas Law Class of 2020 Admitted Students Facebook page?

I haven't received my decision yet but received both emails, respectively yesterday and today. Wondering if it's a mistake or if it's been sent out to everyone...


Are you sure you haven't got a call from a 512 number in the past few days? no voice mails? I think someone else in this thread said he got an email about the admitted students facebook page before getting the call, and then got it later.

eng2jd

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:21 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby eng2jd » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:45 pm

AtSomePointItMatters wrote:
eng2jd wrote:
lawnerd87 wrote:I've recently been accepted! It's normal not to get scholarship information with the acceptance, right?


I received my acceptance January 24th and received my scholarship notification (rather lack thereof) today, 2/8. General consensus seems to be about 10-14 days from acceptance until the scholarship email comes.


In-state or OOS?


In-state

User avatar
cyclawps

Bronze
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:17 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby cyclawps » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:58 pm

eng2jd wrote:
AtSomePointItMatters wrote:
eng2jd wrote:
lawnerd87 wrote:I've recently been accepted! It's normal not to get scholarship information with the acceptance, right?


I received my acceptance January 24th and received my scholarship notification (rather lack thereof) today, 2/8. General consensus seems to be about 10-14 days from acceptance until the scholarship email comes.


In-state or OOS?


In-state


I'm wondering how many OOS slots are left at this stage...

thatblondegirl

Bronze
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:47 am

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby thatblondegirl » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:06 pm

cyclawps wrote:
eng2jd wrote:
AtSomePointItMatters wrote:
eng2jd wrote:
lawnerd87 wrote:I've recently been accepted! It's normal not to get scholarship information with the acceptance, right?


I received my acceptance January 24th and received my scholarship notification (rather lack thereof) today, 2/8. General consensus seems to be about 10-14 days from acceptance until the scholarship email comes.


In-state or OOS?


In-state


I'm wondering how many OOS slots are left at this stage...

I'm an OOS who went complete mid-December and all I've had is radio silence. I never received the Why Texas email, but I was born and raised in Texas so maybe that's enough of a connection for them.

User avatar
cyclawps

Bronze
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:17 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby cyclawps » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:09 pm

thatblondegirl wrote:
cyclawps wrote:
eng2jd wrote:
AtSomePointItMatters wrote:
eng2jd wrote:
lawnerd87 wrote:I've recently been accepted! It's normal not to get scholarship information with the acceptance, right?


I received my acceptance January 24th and received my scholarship notification (rather lack thereof) today, 2/8. General consensus seems to be about 10-14 days from acceptance until the scholarship email comes.


In-state or OOS?


In-state


I'm wondering how many OOS slots are left at this stage...

I'm an OOS who went complete mid-December and all I've had is radio silence. I never received the Why Texas email, but I was born and raised in Texas so maybe that's enough of a connection for them.


Better connections than I've got. I went complete in early/mid-Nov and submitted a "Why Texas." Good luck!

User avatar
nimbus2020

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:28 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby nimbus2020 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:15 pm

Just got the call! OOS

arthrod

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:56 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby arthrod » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:46 pm

finaciardi wrote:Did everyone get the email about Justice Center Scholarships and the Texas Law Class of 2020 Admitted Students Facebook page?

I haven't received my decision yet but received both emails, respectively yesterday and today. Wondering if it's a mistake or if it's been sent out to everyone...


Same to me! :(

User avatar
Babe-Loblaw

New
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:11 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Babe-Loblaw » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:26 pm

arthrod wrote:
finaciardi wrote:Did everyone get the email about Justice Center Scholarships and the Texas Law Class of 2020 Admitted Students Facebook page?

I haven't received my decision yet but received both emails, respectively yesterday and today. Wondering if it's a mistake or if it's been sent out to everyone...


Same to me! :(


I haven't received anything. You might want to call the office and ask if you're supposed to be receiving those emails, either it's an administrative mistake they'd want to know about or congratulations are in order... :D

User avatar
Tx878

New
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:56 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Tx878 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:10 pm

Do y'all know when the absolute latest we could get a decision would be? Do I wanna know?

ray.bee

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby ray.bee » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:36 pm

Should I send in an LOCI or ask them if they need anything else from me? I don't want to be annoying and send unnecessary documents or ask questions since they are so busy, but I went complete 11/22 and I am dying to hear back... Thoughts?

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:54 pm

ray.bee wrote:Should I send in an LOCI or ask them if they need anything else from me? I don't want to be annoying and send unnecessary documents or ask questions since they are so busy, but I went complete 11/22 and I am dying to hear back... Thoughts?


Have you submitted a "Why Texas" yet? If you haven't you should send one in ASAP. Beyond that, not sure there's much else you could do. I know 11/22 feels like an eternity, but I went complete on 11/21 and didn't get my decision until 1/30. So there's still hope!

ray.bee

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby ray.bee » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:59 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
ray.bee wrote:Should I send in an LOCI or ask them if they need anything else from me? I don't want to be annoying and send unnecessary documents or ask questions since they are so busy, but I went complete 11/22 and I am dying to hear back... Thoughts?


Have you submitted a "Why Texas" yet? If you haven't you should send one in ASAP. Beyond that, not sure there's much else you could do. I know 11/22 feels like an eternity, but I went complete on 11/21 and didn't get my decision until 1/30. So there's still hope!


Yeah, I sent in an unsolicited Why Texas on Jan. 08 and they confirmed receipt on Jan. 10! So, just don't send in anything else, right? LOL Thanks, btw.

User avatar
Tx878

New
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:56 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Tx878 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:21 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
ray.bee wrote:Should I send in an LOCI or ask them if they need anything else from me? I don't want to be annoying and send unnecessary documents or ask questions since they are so busy, but I went complete 11/22 and I am dying to hear back... Thoughts?


Have you submitted a "Why Texas" yet? If you haven't you should send one in ASAP. Beyond that, not sure there's much else you could do. I know 11/22 feels like an eternity, but I went complete on 11/21 and didn't get my decision until 1/30. So there's still hope!



Would it make sense at all for an in state person to submit one?

ray.bee

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby ray.bee » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:06 pm

Just asked for a "Why Texas?" but I sent in an unsolicited Why Texas about 3 weeks ago. Should I send the same one? LOL

arthrod

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:56 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby arthrod » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:58 pm

ray.bee wrote:Just asked for a "Why Texas?" but I sent in an unsolicited Why Texas about 3 weeks ago. Should I send the same one? LOL


I'd say state in the essay that you are "reiterating" or "reinforcing."

ray.bee

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby ray.bee » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:57 pm

arthrod wrote:
ray.bee wrote:Just asked for a "Why Texas?" but I sent in an unsolicited Why Texas about 3 weeks ago. Should I send the same one? LOL


I'd say state in the essay that you are "reiterating" or "reinforcing."


Thanks!

User avatar
PrezRand

Gold
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby PrezRand » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:06 pm

Congrats to the OOSers who got accepted. Texas is the Goat state

lawschool2017712

Bronze
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby lawschool2017712 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:32 pm

x
Last edited by lawschool2017712 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Babe-Loblaw

New
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:11 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Babe-Loblaw » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:34 pm

PrezRand wrote:Congrats to the OOSers who got accepted. Texas is the Goat state


Goat state? I thought this was Longhorn country...

journalisttolaw

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby journalisttolaw » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:22 pm

lawschool2017712 wrote:For those that received scholly, did you already complete your FAFSA? Or is that not required for initial award


Got a scholarship, didn't do the FAFSA yet.

User avatar
govlife

Bronze
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:41 am

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby govlife » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:44 pm

lawschool2017712 wrote:For those that received scholly, did you already complete your FAFSA? Or is that not required for initial award

I had already submitted FAFSA, but didn't get the impression they took need into account at all when awarding mine.

ray.bee

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby ray.bee » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:11 pm

govlife wrote:
lawschool2017712 wrote:For those that received scholly, did you already complete your FAFSA? Or is that not required for initial award

I had already submitted FAFSA, but didn't get the impression they took need into account at all when awarding mine.


Yeah, I think FAFSA is for loan info mostly, except for the very few schools that give need-based scholarships (i.e. Vanderbilt, UVA, etc.)

User avatar
S.Picquery

Silver
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:39 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby S.Picquery » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:52 pm

What's the turnaround from submitted your "Why Texas" (OOS, solicited) to a decision(ish)?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: shanghaistud and 12 guests