Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your current / final status?

Dinged :(
4%
Waitlisted - Withdrew
No votes
Waitlisted - Riding it Out
11%
Admitted - Withdrew
14%
Admitted - Attending!
25%
Still Waiting on a Decision
46%

Total votes: 56

TexasENG

Silver

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby TexasENG » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:06 am

Last edited by TexasENG on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beancounter15

New

Postby beancounter15 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:22 pm

How long did it for everyone's status checker to update? I submitted my app in november but didn't have an lsat score till january 4th, still no update at all on the status checker.

ray.bee

Bronze

Postby ray.bee » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:46 pm

Anyone else GOING CRAZY for a decision? LOL I love UT... #LoveMeBack

Complete 11/22

Torres1893

Bronze

Postby Torres1893 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:49 pm

ray.bee wrote:Anyone else GOING CRAZY for a decision? LOL I love UT... #LoveMeBack

Complete 11/22

Yea. I was honestly expecting decisions for us who applied and went complete in mid to late nov to start getting calls. It looks like only a handful of people got accepted this past week based off reports on here and LSN.

ray.bee

Bronze

Postby ray.bee » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:58 pm

Torres1893 wrote:
ray.bee wrote:Anyone else GOING CRAZY for a decision? LOL I love UT... #LoveMeBack

Complete 11/22

Yea. I was honestly expecting decisions for us who applied and went complete in mid to late nov to start getting calls. It looks like only a handful of people got accepted this past week based off reports on here and LSN.

Same. I kind of thought they went in order, but now it doesn't seem that way necessarily. :(

Babe-Loblaw

New

Postby Babe-Loblaw » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:48 pm

ray.bee wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:

Complete 11/22

Same. I kind of thought they went in order, but now it doesn't seem that way necessarily. :(

YEP. Went complete 12/5, applied mostly out of state, and found out two weeks ago I'm gonna have to stay in TX for law school to deal with a bunch of family stuff and threw out last-minutes apps to Baylor and SMU. I've heard back from literally every school except UT and those two and I am going bonkers.

ray.bee

Bronze

Postby ray.bee » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:53 pm

Babe-Loblaw wrote:
ray.bee wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:

Complete 11/22

YEP. Went complete 12/5, applied mostly out of state, and found out two weeks ago I'm gonna have to stay in TX for law school to deal with a bunch of family stuff and threw out last-minutes apps to Baylor and SMU. I've heard back from literally every school except UT and those two and I am going bonkers.

That sucks :/ It always seems to happen that way! The ones you want to hear from most take their sweet time. GOOD LUCK!!! Hope we all hear soon

speedofthought

New

Postby speedofthought » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:20 pm

Did anyone else receive an email yesterday that the scholarship reconsideration process has opened?

The email includes a link to the form required for reconsideration, which requires applicants to agree (among other things) that:

If I accept the increased scholarship offer through this program, my admission becomes binding and I agree to attend Texas Law and to withdraw promptly from admission and financial aid processes of all other law schools from which I have received an offer of admission.

If I choose to decline the increased scholarship offer, I will promptly notify Texas Law by email so that the funds may be made available to other students.

I take this to mean that we could apply for reconsideration and then, if we do not feel their offer is sufficient to persuade us from other schools, we could decline. Does that interpretation seem accurate?

yellowyak46

New

Postby yellowyak46 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:55 pm

speedofthought wrote:Did anyone else receive an email yesterday that the scholarship reconsideration process has opened?

The email includes a link to the form required for reconsideration, which requires applicants to agree (among other things) that:

If I accept the increased scholarship offer through this program, my admission becomes binding and I agree to attend Texas Law and to withdraw promptly from admission and financial aid processes of all other law schools from which I have received an offer of admission.

If I choose to decline the increased scholarship offer, I will promptly notify Texas Law by email so that the funds may be made available to other students.

I take this to mean that we could apply for reconsideration and then, if we do not feel their offer is sufficient to persuade us from other schools, we could decline. Does that interpretation seem accurate?

That's correct. But you can't use your reconsidered offer, should you get one, to bargain with other schools. Once you get an offer through the reconsideration process, you don't have long to accept or decline it (5 days. I just checked.). You should really only file the reconsideration form if UT is near the top of your list and you're near the end of your decision making process. I deferred admission and had to go through this process last year.

between3characters

New

Postby between3characters » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:14 am

speedofthought wrote:Did anyone else receive an email yesterday that the scholarship reconsideration process has opened?

Is it normal to get this email before we receive any email on scholarships?

TexasENG

Silver

Postby TexasENG » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:41 am

Last edited by TexasENG on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

speedofthought

New

Postby speedofthought » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:29 pm

TexasENG wrote:
between3characters wrote:

Received this as well and thought it was odd. I guess they just emailed all admits that the form was live. They have done one round of scholarship offers it seems, so hopefully those of us who were admitted after that will get some news in the next week or two.

That would definitely throw me off, too.

I'm not sure how long it has been since you were admitted, but I was admitted just before Christmas and received a scholarship offer the first week of January.

My offer was for just under a quarter of tuition, and I'm already in-state. I saw that people with similar numbers on LSN received $70-90k over the full three year period, so like some of those who posted after the first round of scholarships, I feel disheartened. I would rather still be waiting to hear back than to have heard back with such a low opening offer.

govlife

Bronze

Postby govlife » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:11 am

speedofthought wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
between3characters wrote:

Received this as well and thought it was odd. I guess they just emailed all admits that the form was live. They have done one round of scholarship offers it seems, so hopefully those of us who were admitted after that will get some news in the next week or two.

That would definitely throw me off, too.

I'm not sure how long it has been since you were admitted, but I was admitted just before Christmas and received a scholarship offer the first week of January.

My offer was for just under a quarter of tuition, and I'm already in-state. I saw that people with similar numbers on LSN received $70-90k over the full three year period, so like some of those who posted after the first round of scholarships, I feel disheartened. I would rather still be waiting to hear back than to have heard back with such a low opening offer.

Don't be too disheartened. As an OOS, they offered in state + $5000 per year, which comes out to $66k over the 3 years, but you are still a lot better off in terms of loans with your opening offer.

That stipulation makes things difficult though, especially because their first deposit deadline is on the early side.

Tx878

New

Postby Tx878 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:05 pm

i am dying for a decision. went complete 12/5. ahhhhhh

_sendnudes

New

Postby _sendnudes » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:14 pm

Tx878 wrote:i am dying for a decision. went complete 12/5. ahhhhhh

feel you bro...i applied ED at the beginning of September. App was rolled over into regular decision pool. Tic toc.

beancounter15

New

Postby beancounter15 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:27 pm

Does the check your status page say complete? or do you just know you've submitted everything? Still waiting on my status checker page to update

Tx878

New

Postby Tx878 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:29 pm

beancounter15 wrote:

Does the check your status page say complete? or do you just know you've submitted everything? Still waiting on my status checker page to update

It says "Your Texas Law application file is complete and ready for review as long as we have received your CAS report." which makes me paranoid they somehow didn't get my CAS report haha this waiting is getting to me y'all

ray.bee

Bronze

Postby ray.bee » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:52 pm

Tx878 wrote:
beancounter15 wrote:

It says "Your Texas Law application file is complete and ready for review as long as we have received your CAS report." which makes me paranoid they somehow didn't get my CAS report haha this waiting is getting to me y'all

+1

Babe-Loblaw

New

Postby Babe-Loblaw » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:22 pm

ray.bee wrote:
Tx878 wrote:
beancounter15 wrote:

+1

From everything I've read it doesn't change after that until decision time. My cell phone lives on my desk now. :(

EDIT: So while obsessively combing the law school website, I found out UT law has its own mascot and it's... well, it gave me a laugh.

http://tarlton.law.utexas.edu/peregrinus

magdalena92

New

Postby magdalena92 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:41 pm

Was just notified by UT that I'm not eligible for any merit award :/ Sort of expected, but still sad! I'm a Texas resident, so it's still the most affordable tuition by far... but a little extra discount would've been greatly appreciated! :roll:

amberb94

Bronze

Postby amberb94 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:48 pm

magdalena92 wrote:Was just notified by UT that I'm not eligible for any merit award :/ Sort of expected, but still sad! I'm a Texas resident, so it's still the most affordable tuition by far... but a little extra discount would've been greatly appreciated! :roll:

When were you accepted if you don't mind me asking?

ray.bee

Bronze

Postby ray.bee » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:51 pm

Any calls or movement today?

magdalena92

New

Postby magdalena92 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:52 pm

amberb94 wrote:
magdalena92 wrote:Was just notified by UT that I'm not eligible for any merit award :/ Sort of expected, but still sad! I'm a Texas resident, so it's still the most affordable tuition by far... but a little extra discount would've been greatly appreciated! :roll:

1/10!

texcellence

Bronze

Postby texcellence » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:08 pm

magdalena92 wrote:
amberb94 wrote:

1/10!

same. bummer.

amberb94

Bronze

Postby amberb94 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:11 pm

texcellence wrote:
magdalena92 wrote:
amberb94 wrote:

1/10!

same. bummer.

Was this via email orrrr?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?