Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your current / final status?

Dinged :(
2
4%
Waitlisted - Withdrew
0
No votes
Waitlisted - Riding it Out
6
11%
Admitted - Withdrew
8
14%
Admitted - Attending!
14
25%
Still Waiting on a Decision
26
46%
 
Total votes: 56

User avatar
Stephylynette

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 am

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Stephylynette » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:29 pm

Just got admitted via phone call this afternoon!! Now just waiting to hear about a scholarship. Will most likely attend if the numbers are decent!

Submitted 11/23
LSAT<25
25<GPA<50
URM (AA)
No "Why Texas?" Submitted or solicited.

User avatar
Torres1893

Bronze
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Torres1893 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:45 pm

Stephylynette wrote:Just got admitted via phone call this afternoon!! Now just waiting to hear about a scholarship. Will most likely attend if the numbers are decent!

Submitted 11/23
LSAT<25
25<GPA<50
URM (AA)
No "Why Texas?" Submitted or solicited.



Congrats!!!!

User avatar
armc808

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby armc808 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:02 pm

Accepted via phone call at around 5pm ET!

Submitted 11/30
25 < LSAT < 50
75 < GPA
URM
No 'Why Texas' submitted or solicited

User avatar
Torres1893

Bronze
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Torres1893 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:30 pm

It looks like they didn't admit that many people today. Hopefully it continues tomorrow or next week for the people who applied in mid/late November.

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1075
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby TexasENG » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:02 pm

.
Last edited by TexasENG on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hellohalo

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby hellohalo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:40 am

Talked to an insider. FWIW
Texas law only accepts up to 35% out-of-state applicants.
No YP at Texas law.

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby dietcoke1 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:09 pm

anyone accepted 1/10 or later get scholarship information yet?

eng2jd

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:21 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby eng2jd » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:23 pm

Just got the call! Texas Law here I come!

User avatar
Torres1893

Bronze
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Torres1893 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:25 pm

eng2jd wrote:Just got the call! Texas Law here I come!


Congrats!

When did you apply/go complete?

eng2jd

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:21 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby eng2jd » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:28 pm

Torres1893 wrote:
eng2jd wrote:Just got the call! Texas Law here I come!


Congrats!

When did you apply/go complete?



Applied ED with sub-par LSAT, got denied, re-took Dec LSAT, went under reconsideration 1/5 based on improved LSAT

magdalena92

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:33 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby magdalena92 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:45 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:anyone accepted 1/10 or later get scholarship information yet?


I was accepted 1/10 and haven't received anything yet! However, I visited yesterday and spoke to Financial Aid and they said that many of them were gone last week and plan to start back up again with merit offers this week. They said to expect an email (whether you receive merit aid or not) in the next week or two if you were admitted around the beginning of the month.

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby dietcoke1 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:47 pm

magdalena92 wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:anyone accepted 1/10 or later get scholarship information yet?


I was accepted 1/10 and haven't received anything yet! However, I visited yesterday and spoke to Financial Aid and they said that many of them were gone last week and plan to start back up again with merit offers this week. They said to expect an email (whether you receive merit aid or not) in the next week or two if you were admitted around the beginning of the month.


Awesome, thanks for the info!

imtca

New
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:50 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby imtca » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:18 pm

Anyone know how Texas looks at unsolicited Why Texas? after the application? I just feel like its been too long to not receive at least a Why Texas request (I'm out of state)

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:31 pm

imtca wrote:Anyone know how Texas looks at unsolicited Why Texas? after the application? I just feel like its been too long to not receive at least a Why Texas request (I'm out of state)


IIRC, dietcoke submitted an unsolicited "Why Texas?" and got accepted not long after.

It can't hurt, unless you spend the essay talking about how much you think Texas is a backwards state and you're just there for the school's ranking.

cam1992

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:40 am

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby cam1992 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:26 pm

Question about "the call"

Does anyone who has received "the call" have any insight on the number that calls them? Is it an Austin number? Because of my job, I receive a lot of unsolicited calls from ATX area and rarely answer them if I do not know who is calling. *Knocks on every piece of wood in room* should I start answering these calls, just in case? Do they leave a message? Hopefully this isn't a jinx...lol...?

User avatar
armc808

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby armc808 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:30 pm

cam1992 wrote:Question about "the call"

Does anyone who has received "the call" have any insight on the number that calls them? Is it an Austin number? Because of my job, I receive a lot of unsolicited calls from ATX area and rarely answer them if I do not know who is calling. *Knocks on every piece of wood in room* should I start answering these calls, just in case? Do they leave a message? Hopefully this isn't a jinx...lol...?

When I received the call my phone listed it as from 'Austin, TX.'

User avatar
govlife

Bronze
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:41 am

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby govlife » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:39 pm

cam1992 wrote:Question about "the call"

Does anyone who has received "the call" have any insight on the number that calls them? Is it an Austin number? Because of my job, I receive a lot of unsolicited calls from ATX area and rarely answer them if I do not know who is calling. *Knocks on every piece of wood in room* should I start answering these calls, just in case? Do they leave a message? Hopefully this isn't a jinx...lol...?

Yeah, it's an Austin number. When I got the call, I was on a road trip with no service, and the Dean left a voicemail. So even if you miss it, you'll get the message.

journalisttolaw

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby journalisttolaw » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:46 pm

Got the call today! Never been to Austin but I'm really excited to check it out.

User avatar
PrezRand

Gold
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby PrezRand » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:10 pm

Congrats to everyone who got in!

User avatar
Babe-Loblaw

New
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:11 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Babe-Loblaw » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:41 pm

Would it be weird for me to go sit in on a class if I'm not admitted yet? I live in ATX already and there's a speaker I want to see at the law school, and I'm thinking if I'm gonna take an hour or two out of my workday already I might as well make a morning of it and get a feel for things.

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby dietcoke1 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:45 pm

Babe-Loblaw wrote:Would it be weird for me to go sit in on a class if I'm not admitted yet? I live in ATX already and there's a speaker I want to see at the law school, and I'm thinking if I'm gonna take an hour or two out of my workday already I might as well make a morning of it and get a feel for things.


not weird. and a visit can turn into an excellent LOCI if needed

User avatar
S.Picquery

Silver
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:39 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby S.Picquery » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:19 pm

Just got the "Why Texas" email. Complete in late November.

BigZuck

Diamond
Posts: 11730
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby BigZuck » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:32 pm

Babe-Loblaw wrote:Would it be weird for me to go sit in on a class if I'm not admitted yet? I live in ATX already and there's a speaker I want to see at the law school, and I'm thinking if I'm gonna take an hour or two out of my workday already I might as well make a morning of it and get a feel for things.

Just make sure you clear it with Admissions so you don't, like, sit in someone's assigned seat or something

User avatar
Babe-Loblaw

New
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:11 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Babe-Loblaw » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:39 pm

BigZuck wrote:
Babe-Loblaw wrote:Would it be weird for me to go sit in on a class if I'm not admitted yet? I live in ATX already and there's a speaker I want to see at the law school, and I'm thinking if I'm gonna take an hour or two out of my workday already I might as well make a morning of it and get a feel for things.

Just make sure you clear it with Admissions so you don't, like, sit in someone's assigned seat or something


Oh yeah, it's part of their visiting program - you schedule it online and then the day of you go to their office ~20 minutes before the class starts and they send you to what I'm guessing is the most convenient 1L class available.

BigZuck

Diamond
Posts: 11730
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby BigZuck » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:23 pm

Babe-Loblaw wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
Babe-Loblaw wrote:Would it be weird for me to go sit in on a class if I'm not admitted yet? I live in ATX already and there's a speaker I want to see at the law school, and I'm thinking if I'm gonna take an hour or two out of my workday already I might as well make a morning of it and get a feel for things.

Just make sure you clear it with Admissions so you don't, like, sit in someone's assigned seat or something


Oh yeah, it's part of their visiting program - you schedule it online and then the day of you go to their office ~20 minutes before the class starts and they send you to what I'm guessing is the most convenient 1L class available.

Yeah I kind of misread, I thought you had a specific class in mind. But yeah if you go through their scheduling you're definitely good!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests