Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your current / final status?

Dinged :(
1
2%
Waitlisted - Withdrew
0
No votes
Waitlisted - Riding it Out
6
11%
Admitted - Withdrew
8
15%
Admitted - Attending!
14
26%
Still Waiting on a Decision
25
46%
 
Total votes: 54

Lawser24
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:44 am

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Lawser24 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:27 am

TLSTex2020 wrote:
cyclawps wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
aalvez wrote:Question: who is still pending a decision? And if you're pending are you a TX resident? And are you below 75th/50th/25th? URM?

...just trying to figure out the madness.

*Desperation is making me crazy...

Pending, above both medians, OOS. But I was asked for a why Texas

Complete since September, submitted requested "Why Texas?" in early Nov. 25<LSAT<50; 50<GPA<75. OOS. Work experience plus advanced degree.


Still pending! Complete early Jan, Texas resident. 25<LSAT<50; 75<GPA. Not URM.

I'm wondering why they haven't just waitlisted us because it feels like that's pretty much what we are... I would just like SOME kind of communication at this point!

Complete since late December. UT UG, TX resident, 25<LSAT<50, 50<GPA<75, submitted unsolicited Why Texas? earlier in March. Still patiently waiting haha... Also wondering why no waitlist, but ok with not being WLed yet :lol:

imtca
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:50 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby imtca » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:30 am

aalvez wrote:Question: who is still pending a decision? And if you're pending are you a TX resident? And are you below 75th/50th/25th? URM?

...just trying to figure out the madness.

*Desperation is making me crazy...


Pending for 4 months now, OOS, above medians, non URM

chris23topher
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:12 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby chris23topher » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:44 pm

aalvez wrote:Question: who is still pending a decision? And if you're pending are you a TX resident? And are you below 75th/50th/25th? URM?

...just trying to figure out the madness.

*Desperation is making me crazy...


Still on hold status since december. Texas resident, URM, below 25th LSAT, almost exactly at GPA median.

the wait is killing me.

User avatar
Torres1893
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Torres1893 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:48 pm

chris23topher wrote:
aalvez wrote:Question: who is still pending a decision? And if you're pending are you a TX resident? And are you below 75th/50th/25th? URM?

...just trying to figure out the madness.

*Desperation is making me crazy...


Still on hold status since december. Texas resident, URM, below 25th LSAT, almost exactly at GPA median.

the wait is killing me.



I have similar stats and I'm URM (ma) and Tex resident. I got in in Feb after submitting in mid November.

aalvez
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby aalvez » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:49 pm

Torres1893 wrote:
chris23topher wrote:
aalvez wrote:Question: who is still pending a decision? And if you're pending are you a TX resident? And are you below 75th/50th/25th? URM?

...just trying to figure out the madness.

*Desperation is making me crazy...


Still on hold status since december. Texas resident, URM, below 25th LSAT, almost exactly at GPA median.

the wait is killing me.



I have similar stats and I'm URM (ma) and Tex resident. I got in in Feb after submitting in mid November.


Could you pm me your stats? It sounds like we're about the same...

206488476
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:30 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby 206488476 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:57 pm

How does one go about submitting an unsolicited "Why Texas"? Where did you send it to and what was your format?

User avatar
Torres1893
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Torres1893 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:58 pm

aalvez wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:
chris23topher wrote:
aalvez wrote:Question: who is still pending a decision? And if you're pending are you a TX resident? And are you below 75th/50th/25th? URM?

...just trying to figure out the madness.

*Desperation is making me crazy...


Still on hold status since december. Texas resident, URM, below 25th LSAT, almost exactly at GPA median.

the wait is killing me.



I have similar stats and I'm URM (ma) and Tex resident. I got in in Feb after submitting in mid November.


Could you pm me your stats? It sounds like we're about the same...


pm'd

User avatar
Kopetz
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Kopetz » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:04 pm

206488476 wrote:How does one go about submitting an unsolicited "Why Texas"? Where did you send it to and what was your format?


I sent an unsolicited hybrid Why Texas / LOCI to the main admissions email. Kept it to a page, briefly reaffirmed my interest in the first paragraph, framed that interest over a few paragraphs in terms of what specifically appeals to me about UT. They responded the next day to confirm that they added the letter to my file. Applied late November, no decision yet.

User avatar
FEDRESRV
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:06 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby FEDRESRV » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:19 pm

aalvez wrote:Question: who is still pending a decision? And if you're pending are you a TX resident? And are you below 75th/50th/25th? URM?

...just trying to figure out the madness.

*Desperation is making me crazy...


Sitting at 2 months without a decision. Non-TX resident. Non-URM. GPA > 75%/ Just under LSAT median.

User avatar
Kopetz
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Kopetz » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:23 pm

aalvez wrote:Question: who is still pending a decision? And if you're pending are you a TX resident? And are you below 75th/50th/25th? URM?

...just trying to figure out the madness.

*Desperation is making me crazy...


Still waiting. Nonresident, nontraditional, non-URM super-splitter (LSAT>>75th, GPA<25th.) App submitted late November.

gizmo1024
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:09 am

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby gizmo1024 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:18 am

Officially giving up hope on receiving a decision from UT before my seat deposit deadlines at other schools.

User avatar
chichi1992
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby chichi1992 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:27 am

gizmo1024 wrote:Officially giving up hope on receiving a decision from UT before my seat deposit deadlines at other schools.


+1

paisa_sandia
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:21 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby paisa_sandia » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:51 pm

Just got a call yesterday with an offer of admission. Unfortunately, I'd literally accepted an offer elsewhere the day before, so I was more frustrated than anything else that it had taken them almost three months to get back to me. Otherwise I might have genuinely considered them.

TLSTex2020
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:51 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby TLSTex2020 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:08 pm

paisa_sandia wrote:Just got a call yesterday with an offer of admission. Unfortunately, I'd literally accepted an offer elsewhere the day before, so I was more frustrated than anything else that it had taken them almost three months to get back to me. Otherwise I might have genuinely considered them.


Would you mind sharing your stats?

aalvez
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby aalvez » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:46 pm

paisa_sandia wrote:Just got a call yesterday with an offer of admission. Unfortunately, I'd literally accepted an offer elsewhere the day before, so I was more frustrated than anything else that it had taken them almost three months to get back to me. Otherwise I might have genuinely considered them.


What time did they call..?

User avatar
Torres1893
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby Torres1893 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:51 pm

aalvez wrote:
paisa_sandia wrote:Just got a call yesterday with an offer of admission. Unfortunately, I'd literally accepted an offer elsewhere the day before, so I was more frustrated than anything else that it had taken them almost three months to get back to me. Otherwise I might have genuinely considered them.


What time did they call..?


Not op but they generally call anytime from 12 - 6 central just from personal experience and looking at reports on here.

User avatar
BoyJord
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:15 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby BoyJord » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:04 pm

aalvez wrote:Question: who is still pending a decision? And if you're pending are you a TX resident? And are you below 75th/50th/25th? URM?

...just trying to figure out the madness.

*Desperation is making me crazy...


Pending since mid-January (~2.5 months) | OOS | GPA > 75th, 50th > LSAT > 25th | non-URM

paisa_sandia
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:21 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby paisa_sandia » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:00 pm

aalvez wrote:
paisa_sandia wrote:Just got a call yesterday with an offer of admission. Unfortunately, I'd literally accepted an offer elsewhere the day before, so I was more frustrated than anything else that it had taken them almost three months to get back to me. Otherwise I might have genuinely considered them.


What time did they call..?


Called around 4 CT yesterday. My stats are pretty much at the median across the board.

User avatar
melmelcoolj
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby melmelcoolj » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:30 am

I sent in a solicited Why Texas (I am out of state), and I sent it in earlier this week (on Monday). So what is usually the time between a Why Texas and a decision? Or maybe my Why Texas was horrendous, they decided to award my offer to someone else.

User avatar
futureellewoods123
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:38 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby futureellewoods123 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:01 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:I sent in a solicited Why Texas (I am out of state), and I sent it in earlier this week (on Monday). So what is usually the time between a Why Texas and a decision? Or maybe my Why Texas was horrendous, they decided to award my offer to someone else.


For me it was a few days

chris23topher
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:12 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby chris23topher » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:55 pm

Anyone else here put on hold from the early decision to the regular applicant pool? The email says they would let us know "by april". I also called earlier last week and they said they would let me know by the 1st....so I guess today is the last day right? Or could they be yanking my chain?

texasshopeful
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:00 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby texasshopeful » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:22 pm

Got an email inviting me to do a video interview (Kira Talent) on the 20th, and completed it the 22nd. For those of you who did the video interview- how long did it take for you to hear back?

I know it hasn't been all that long but I've been on the edge of my seat ever since ;(

finaciardi
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 10:35 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby finaciardi » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:28 pm

texasshopeful wrote:Got an email inviting me to do a video interview (Kira Talent) on the 20th, and completed it the 22nd. For those of you who did the video interview- how long did it take for you to hear back?

I know it hasn't been all that long but I've been on the edge of my seat ever since ;(


I heard back the following day. Took a while for me to get the official acceptance letter in the mail, but I started getting emails that only admitted students seemed to get the next day, then had it confirmed on my status check page. Good luck!

User avatar
melmelcoolj
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby melmelcoolj » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:13 pm

futureellewoods123 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:I sent in a solicited Why Texas (I am out of state), and I sent it in earlier this week (on Monday). So what is usually the time between a Why Texas and a decision? Or maybe my Why Texas was horrendous, they decided to award my offer to someone else.


For me it was a few days


Maybe my statement was really bad. But I don't see how, since it is just pretty standard. I guess I will have to wait till early next week to know.

atlantahoo
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: Texas C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Postby atlantahoo » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:31 am

Submitted scholly negotiation form and went from $0 to in-state equalizer plus small annual scholarship. I had a blast at ASD and absolutely loved Austin, but I think my COA is still a little too high to make it a feasible option :(




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DowsingForAJD, Google [Bot], hotdog96, jibrahim23, jimmyplayer601, miketris, Shvlmyway, TargetPoint and 11 guests