Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Have you heard back from Cornell?

YES AND I AM GOING
25
24%
Yes, but still deciding
22
21%
Yes, but not going
15
15%
No :(
6
6%
No, but I already committed to somewhere else
0
No votes
Waitlisted
22
21%
I don't know why I'm here
13
13%
 
Total votes: 103

awh

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:46 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby awh » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:43 am

CR7 wrote:Any chance for movement from the reserve list before May/June?

Not likely.

Rubbishdump

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rubbishdump » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:28 pm

Radio silence, ugh.

LawSchoolTitan

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LawSchoolTitan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:43 pm

Rubbishdump wrote:Radio silence, ugh.


No news is better than bad news!

bgt1995

New
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bgt1995 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:10 pm

airwrecka wrote:
Keilz wrote:
airwrecka wrote:In yesterday via voicemail and was also notified that I am being recommended for the Hugh Scholarship! Anyone else?


Cool congrats! What's the hugh scholarship? I didn't know they had named scholarships.


Yeah I didn't know either! They just said it's the highest scholarship Cornell offers so that's pretty cool! :-)


I'm nominated for it too! Have you heard anything about the app process?

Btw I think it's Hughes.

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby airwrecka » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:24 pm

bgt1995 wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
Keilz wrote:
airwrecka wrote:In yesterday via voicemail and was also notified that I am being recommended for the Hugh Scholarship! Anyone else?


Cool congrats! What's the hugh scholarship? I didn't know they had named scholarships.


Yeah I didn't know either! They just said it's the highest scholarship Cornell offers so that's pretty cool! :-)


I'm nominated for it too! Have you heard anything about the app process?

Btw I think it's Hughes.


I have not heard anything more. And yes, you're right it's Hughes haha. I was just reading the voicemail transcript on my phone without listening to it, and my phone transcribed it as "Hugh".

User avatar
nerdylsat

Bronze
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:39 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby nerdylsat » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:09 pm

Im right around median and haven't heard anything since I applied in October.

Sent in a new Letter of Recommendation to Cornell this week but my LSAC account says they haven't received it. Sent them an email today but still waiting on a reply.

Has anyone gone through something similar?

monotonemr

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby monotonemr » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:14 pm

The date on my status checker changed a few weeks ago. Does that indicate anything?

Cbear2017

New
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:05 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Cbear2017 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:25 pm

Interview request today!

User avatar
LSRAT

Bronze
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:02 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LSRAT » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:08 pm

Status checker says interview request 1/4. Submitted 11/23, ready for review 11/29, above both 75ths. Haven't received an email yet.

Rubbishdump

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rubbishdump » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:19 pm

monotonemr wrote:The date on my status checker changed a few weeks ago. Does that indicate anything?

Mine just changed, but it still says interview requested. No idea.

User avatar
theothercat

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:36 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby theothercat » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:57 pm

Just got the interview invite! Complete 12/9.

Rubbishdump

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rubbishdump » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:08 pm

Do calls/emails always happen in the morning?

brownbird

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:40 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brownbird » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:19 pm

Complete since 11/09, date change to 12/12, no updates or interview request today. If it's a ding I wish Cornell would just get it over with and spare me all the stress of constantly checking my status update.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:36 pm

brownbird wrote:Complete since 11/09, date change to 12/12, no updates or interview request today. If it's a ding I wish Cornell would just get it over with and spare me all the stress of constantly checking my status update.


I had a date change 12/12 as well and nothing since then. No idea what it all means lol

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jjcorvino » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:45 pm

brinicolec wrote:
brownbird wrote:Complete since 11/09, date change to 12/12, no updates or interview request today. If it's a ding I wish Cornell would just get it over with and spare me all the stress of constantly checking my status update.


I had a date change 12/12 as well and nothing since then. No idea what it all means lol


My date change was also 12/12 and I have not heard back. I don't think you guys have to worry. I would be very surprised if I was outright dinged.

Dovaking

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dovaking » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:06 pm

Went complete #2 today.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:15 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
brownbird wrote:Complete since 11/09, date change to 12/12, no updates or interview request today. If it's a ding I wish Cornell would just get it over with and spare me all the stress of constantly checking my status update.


I had a date change 12/12 as well and nothing since then. No idea what it all means lol


My date change was also 12/12 and I have not heard back. I don't think you guys have to worry. I would be very surprised if I was outright dinged.


Could go either way for me, probably. I'm at their LSAT median but below their GPA 25th.

dclaw93

Bronze
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 9:44 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dclaw93 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:46 pm

Dovaking wrote:Went complete #2 today.


+1

lazarzhr

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:43 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lazarzhr » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:42 pm

I completed my interview in early/mid-December, but my status still reads "Interview Requested." There was a slight glitch with the interview system while I was doing it so I'm a bit concerned that they did not receive it. Is this timeline normal to have no change in status for almost a month, or would it be reasonable to contact admissions? GPA and LSAT both > 75th.

Rubbishdump

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rubbishdump » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:09 pm

lazarzhr wrote:I completed my interview in early/mid-December, but my status still reads "Interview Requested." There was a slight glitch with the interview system while I was doing it so I'm a bit concerned that they did not receive it. Is this timeline normal to have no change in status for almost a month, or would it be reasonable to contact admissions? GPA and LSAT both > 75th.

Same, had to restart it. Did you receive an email from Kira Talent saying it was completed? I did.

lawschool2017712

Bronze
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawschool2017712 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:13 pm

x
Last edited by lawschool2017712 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chipotle85

Bronze
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:13 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Chipotle85 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:34 pm

lawschool2017712 wrote:Status stuck at "interviewed requested". Interviewed mid/late December - no updates/radio silence. :?

So it's been 1-2 weeks since they were off for winter break? Relax lol

somedeadman

Bronze
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby somedeadman » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:27 am

nerdylsat wrote:Im right around median and haven't heard anything since I applied in October.

Sent in a new Letter of Recommendation to Cornell this week but my LSAC account says they haven't received it. Sent them an email today but still waiting on a reply.

Has anyone gone through something similar?

I applied in October and have not heard a word, and my lsat is above median. Really like Cornell too, so I hope I didn't submit a bad app.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:17 am

.
Last edited by chargers21 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

VA2lawschool

Bronze
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby VA2lawschool » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:22 am

somedeadman wrote:
nerdylsat wrote:Im right around median and haven't heard anything since I applied in October.

Sent in a new Letter of Recommendation to Cornell this week but my LSAC account says they haven't received it. Sent them an email today but still waiting on a reply.

Has anyone gone through something similar?

I applied in October and have not heard a word, and my lsat is above median. Really like Cornell too, so I hope I didn't submit a bad app.


+1. Applied in October, LSAT >75 and GPA at median, not a peep since then. I really didn't think my stats were good enough for YP, but is that what this is?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests