Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Have you heard back from Cornell?

YES AND I AM GOING
25
24%
Yes, but still deciding
22
21%
Yes, but not going
15
15%
No :(
6
6%
No, but I already committed to somewhere else
0
No votes
Waitlisted
22
21%
I don't know why I'm here
13
13%
 
Total votes: 103

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mikey » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:06 am

Stats

LSAT: 164/167/168
GPA: 3.62/3.73/3.82

OP UPDATED

User avatar
MAPP

Bronze
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:03 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby MAPP » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:22 am

Anyone who applied after the September lsat get an interview invite yet?

joeytribbiani

Bronze
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:32 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby joeytribbiani » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:43 am

Mikey wrote:Stats

LSAT: 164/167/168
GPA: 3.62/3.73/3.82

OP UPDATED


Wow, incredibly consistent. Looks like I am still just as much of a splitter as I was based on 2015 numbers! :D

User avatar
NotAGolfer

Silver
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby NotAGolfer » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:07 pm

Cornell Admissions just followed me on Twitter :shock: anyone else? Don't know what to make of it...

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:10 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:Cornell Admissions just followed me on Twitter :shock: anyone else? Don't know what to make of it...


LOL WHAT are you an applicant? Do you follow them anywhere?

User avatar
texteach

Bronze
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:49 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby texteach » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:11 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:Cornell Admissions just followed me on Twitter :shock: anyone else? Don't know what to make of it...


SAME HERE! :shock:

I'm going to hope this is a good sign...

User avatar
Why???

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Why??? » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:14 pm

texteach wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:Cornell Admissions just followed me on Twitter :shock: anyone else? Don't know what to make of it...


SAME HERE! :shock:

I'm going to hope this is a good sign...

Followed me as well

nslaw123

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby nslaw123 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:15 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:Cornell Admissions just followed me on Twitter :shock: anyone else? Don't know what to make of it...


+1

User avatar
NotAGolfer

Silver
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby NotAGolfer » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:19 pm

Keilz wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:Cornell Admissions just followed me on Twitter :shock: anyone else? Don't know what to make of it...


LOL WHAT are you an applicant? Do you follow them anywhere?

Applicant. Did not follow the Admissions account until today (after they followed me). Given the fact that other TLSers are seeing the same thing, they must make a habit out of following potential applicants.

User avatar
Why???

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Why??? » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:20 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
Keilz wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:Cornell Admissions just followed me on Twitter :shock: anyone else? Don't know what to make of it...


LOL WHAT are you an applicant? Do you follow them anywhere?

Applicant. Did not follow the Admissions account until today (after they followed me). Given the fact that other TLSers are seeing the same thing, they must make a habit out of following potential applicants.

Guessing its to make sure there is nothing super offensive or anything on people's social media

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:44 pm

submitted the app today!

User avatar
taxman14

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby taxman14 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:45 pm

Why??? wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
Keilz wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:Cornell Admissions just followed me on Twitter :shock: anyone else? Don't know what to make of it...


LOL WHAT are you an applicant? Do you follow them anywhere?

Applicant. Did not follow the Admissions account until today (after they followed me). Given the fact that other TLSers are seeing the same thing, they must make a habit out of following potential applicants.

Guessing its to make sure there is nothing super offensive or anything on people's social media


Glad I don't have a twatter haha

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:48 pm

taxman14 wrote:
Why??? wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
Keilz wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:Cornell Admissions just followed me on Twitter :shock: anyone else? Don't know what to make of it...


LOL WHAT are you an applicant? Do you follow them anywhere?

Applicant. Did not follow the Admissions account until today (after they followed me). Given the fact that other TLSers are seeing the same thing, they must make a habit out of following potential applicants.

Guessing its to make sure there is nothing super offensive or anything on people's social media


Glad I don't have a twatter haha

yeah they tried following me too but my account is on private. I wouldn't worry about it, they follow over 1,000 people. they probably just follow others to try an gain more followers themselves.

User avatar
taxman14

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby taxman14 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:49 pm

proteinshake wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
Why??? wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
Keilz wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:Cornell Admissions just followed me on Twitter :shock: anyone else? Don't know what to make of it...


LOL WHAT are you an applicant? Do you follow them anywhere?

Applicant. Did not follow the Admissions account until today (after they followed me). Given the fact that other TLSers are seeing the same thing, they must make a habit out of following potential applicants.

Guessing its to make sure there is nothing super offensive or anything on people's social media


Glad I don't have a twatter haha

yeah they tried following me too but my account is on private. I wouldn't worry about it, they follow over 1,000 people. they probably just follow others to try an gain more followers themselves.


+1 sad but true

User avatar
rizzlebizness

Bronze
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:32 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby rizzlebizness » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:07 pm

Invited to interview today.
Submitted: 9/13

User avatar
Why???

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Why??? » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:10 pm

call-me-bubbles wrote:
call-me-bubbles wrote:Does anyone know why Cornell does interviews this way, instead of face-to-face (incl. Skype) with an actual human? This approach just doesn't seem very...warm and welcoming...in comparison to, well...literally every other [T14] school that does interviews. I truly believe there's something to the "soft sell," and I just find it surprising that a school would favor such an impersonal method.


Bump. Still curious.

just a guess- it takes a lot less effort. They have to record one set of questions- way less time consuming then having the admissions staff sit down and interview by Skype a few hundred applicants.

User avatar
carlos_danger

Bronze
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:21 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby carlos_danger » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:16 pm

Oh my god, some of these practice interview questions are so weird. Panicking for recording the real thing.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:31 am

carlos_danger wrote:Oh my god, some of these practice interview questions are so weird. Panicking for recording the real thing.



I just used the practice questions to practice my why Cornell and why law responses lol

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:32 am

In cornells admitted student portal they have a link to the Facebook group but it links to class of 2019 :'(

shoparoundthecorner

Bronze
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby shoparoundthecorner » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:50 pm

For the interview, are there some questions that everyone gets (i.e. why law, why Cornell), or is it just randomized? I remember reading, possibly in last year's thread, that someone got "why Cornell" and then "why Ithaca." Is this typical? I'm worried about accidentally addressing something that will be covered in a later question.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:00 pm

shoparoundthecorner wrote:For the interview, are there some questions that everyone gets (i.e. why law, why Cornell), or is it just randomized? I remember reading, possibly in last year's thread, that someone got "why Cornell" and then "why Ithaca." Is this typical? I'm worried about accidentally addressing something that will be covered in a later question.


I saw that too and worried about it, I prepared some alternate responses. I think it's random bc I wasn't asked those Qs.

shoparoundthecorner

Bronze
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby shoparoundthecorner » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:04 pm

Keilz wrote:
shoparoundthecorner wrote:For the interview, are there some questions that everyone gets (i.e. why law, why Cornell), or is it just randomized? I remember reading, possibly in last year's thread, that someone got "why Cornell" and then "why Ithaca." Is this typical? I'm worried about accidentally addressing something that will be covered in a later question.


I saw that too and worried about it, I prepared some alternate responses. I think it's random bc I wasn't asked those Qs.


Good to know, thanks!

User avatar
taxman14

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby taxman14 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:58 pm

shoparoundthecorner wrote:
Keilz wrote:
shoparoundthecorner wrote:For the interview, are there some questions that everyone gets (i.e. why law, why Cornell), or is it just randomized? I remember reading, possibly in last year's thread, that someone got "why Cornell" and then "why Ithaca." Is this typical? I'm worried about accidentally addressing something that will be covered in a later question.


I saw that too and worried about it, I prepared some alternate responses. I think it's random bc I wasn't asked those Qs.


Good to know, thanks!


Just did the interview - what a joke. Not even worth preparing for and personally glad that I did no preparation. All questions that you could just wing unless they ask "Why Cornell Law" which I wasn't.

I'd recommend doing the practice questions to see how it works. But all in all, I had time for all of the questions and wasn't cut off. The written ones were a bit of bitch as there was also a word limit; however, I'll say that the questions did lead to a more interesting set of responses than most interviews do, but it was certainly a tad bit awkward especially if one is not used to facetiming or skyping with someone. I wish they had a more personal process...

User avatar
nimbus cloud

Silver
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:19 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby nimbus cloud » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:34 pm

.
Last edited by nimbus cloud on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:51 pm

nimbus cloud wrote:Now that Why Cornell? is required in the application, how long do you think they expect it to be?

last year they actually limited it to three sentences. so I would say a paragraph should be fine.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests