Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Have you heard back from Cornell?

YES AND I AM GOING
25
24%
Yes, but still deciding
22
21%
Yes, but not going
15
15%
No :(
6
6%
No, but I already committed to somewhere else
0
No votes
Waitlisted
22
21%
I don't know why I'm here
13
13%
 
Total votes: 103

pizzagoblin

Bronze
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pizzagoblin » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:38 pm

bloomsday wrote:
pizzagoblin wrote:Anyone get an interview request who doesn't have above the 75ths?


I got a request today and only have LSAT above the 75th.


Hmm hoping to be included in an interview request wave soon then. (LSAT = median, GPA over 75th.)

Congrats, Bloomsday!

ocboyxcalbear

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ocboyxcalbear » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi,

GPA: 4.05 major, 4.12 cumulative. University of California/Summa.
LSAT: 157 twice

placed on reserve for ED Cornell. What's my chances?

Thanks

User avatar
poptart123

Silver
Posts: 1152
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby poptart123 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:13 pm

ocboyxcalbear wrote:Hi,

GPA: 4.05 major, 4.12 cumulative. University of California/Summa.
LSAT: 157 twice

placed on reserve for ED Cornell. What's my chances?

Thanks


What is your LSAC GPA?

User avatar
RamTitan

Silver
Posts: 1092
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RamTitan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:16 pm

ocboyxcalbear wrote:Hi,

GPA: 4.05 major, 4.12 cumulative. University of California/Summa.
LSAT: 157 twice

placed on reserve for ED Cornell. What's my chances?

Thanks

MyLSN doesn't show anyone with your stats applying ED to Cornell, but I'd think you have an extremely hard time getting in. How long did you study for the LSAT?

20170322

Gold
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 20170322 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:16 pm

bloomsday wrote:
pizzagoblin wrote:Anyone get an interview request who doesn't have above the 75ths?


I got a request today and only have LSAT above the 75th.


When did u apply?

ocboyxcalbear

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ocboyxcalbear » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

poptart123 wrote:
ocboyxcalbear wrote:Hi,

GPA: 4.05 major, 4.12 cumulative. University of California/Summa.
LSAT: 157 twice

placed on reserve for ED Cornell. What's my chances?

Thanks


What is your LSAC GPA?


4.05

ocboyxcalbear

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ocboyxcalbear » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:24 pm

RamTitan wrote:
ocboyxcalbear wrote:Hi,

GPA: 4.05 major, 4.12 cumulative. University of California/Summa.
LSAT: 157 twice

placed on reserve for ED Cornell. What's my chances?

Thanks

MyLSN doesn't show anyone with your stats applying ED to Cornell, but I'd think you have an extremely hard time getting in. How long did you study for the LSAT?



a year, averaged 167 on PT's but I stress out on the actual test.

User avatar
RamTitan

Silver
Posts: 1092
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RamTitan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:37 pm

ocboyxcalbear wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
ocboyxcalbear wrote:Hi,

GPA: 4.05 major, 4.12 cumulative. University of California/Summa.
LSAT: 157 twice

placed on reserve for ED Cornell. What's my chances?

Thanks

MyLSN doesn't show anyone with your stats applying ED to Cornell, but I'd think you have an extremely hard time getting in. How long did you study for the LSAT?



a year, averaged 167 on PT's but I stress out on the actual test.

Wow, that's rough man. I suggest dropping into the MS9 thread and asking your question. I think another retake is probably in order to get your desired result, but there are others who'll know more.

Edit - viewtopic.php?f=43&p=9630693#p9630693

User avatar
poptart123

Silver
Posts: 1152
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby poptart123 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:54 pm

RamTitan wrote:
ocboyxcalbear wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
ocboyxcalbear wrote:Hi,

GPA: 4.05 major, 4.12 cumulative. University of California/Summa.
LSAT: 157 twice

placed on reserve for ED Cornell. What's my chances?

Thanks

MyLSN doesn't show anyone with your stats applying ED to Cornell, but I'd think you have an extremely hard time getting in. How long did you study for the LSAT?



a year, averaged 167 on PT's but I stress out on the actual test.

Wow, that's rough man. I suggest dropping into the MS9 thread and asking your question. I think another retake is probably in order to get your desired result, but there are others who'll know more.

Edit - viewtopic.php?f=43&p=9630693#p9630693


Yeah it might be useful to make your own 'what are my chances' thread. Also, I had a friend with a slightly lower LSAT and slightly lower GPA (non URM) get off the WL last year, but he had some pretty good softs.

Keardus

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:00 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keardus » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:13 pm

Got on reserve for ED.
LSAT is 166, and I am an international applicant so GPA does not count.
Don't know what the chances are, and what can else to do get in.
Any suggestions? Thanks

alembicox1188

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby alembicox1188 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:39 pm

I was accepted ED on 11/2 via phone call. I received the acceptance email today.

3.79/164 (non-URM)

Here are my dates:

Submitted - 9/13
Received - 9/14
Complete - 9/20ish?
Interview requested - 10/24
Interview completed - 10/30
Accepted via phone call - 11/2
Accepted via email - 11/4 (I think the status checker updated as well on this date)

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:59 am

Congrats! This is very early!

Cc1234

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:29 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Cc1234 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:34 am

.
Last edited by Cc1234 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:17 pm

preparing for this interview is so tough because it's like a test! You don't know if something you say previously will be asked then again after, which wouldn't happen in a person to person interview!

User avatar
studyingeveryday

Silver
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:19 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby studyingeveryday » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:47 pm

I know this has been asked before, but did any of you write an actual addendum with a "why Cornell" essay? I'm reading mixed info about whether or not to do that.

Also, congrats to those admitted!

zeglo

Silver
Posts: 664
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby zeglo » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:48 pm

.
Last edited by zeglo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1224
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:49 pm

studyingeveryday wrote:I know this has been asked before, but did any of you write an actual addendum with a "why Cornell" essay? I'm reading mixed info about whether or not to do that.

Also, congrats to those admitted!


I don't think you should since they provided that space for you. Yeah, it sucks that it's only like 1000 characters but from what I see, I think they did that for a reason.

Similar to why Berkeley decided to add a "Why Berkeley" 250 word optional essay this year, whereas in the past, people could submit 2 page addendums on that.

20170322

Gold
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 20170322 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:56 pm

Has anyone who applied RD on 10/19 or later gotten an interview?

LawSchoolTitan

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LawSchoolTitan » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:39 pm

I applied early in September and didn't get an invite to interview... Is that a bad sign?

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mikey » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:19 pm

zeglo wrote:dang the debt for that would be insane.

:lol:

zeglo

Silver
Posts: 664
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby zeglo » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:04 pm

.
Last edited by zeglo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:37 am

zeglo wrote:
LawSchoolTitan wrote:I applied early in September and didn't get an invite to interview... Is that a bad sign?


I don't think they've done anything yet with non-ED people. So it's fine, assuming you did not apply ED. I didn't get any contact yet and applied Sep. 1.


I'm RD and did my interview. But it definitely seems like they're going in waves and not chronologically. Doesn't seem like that many people have been requested.

GOODWORKSTE

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:33 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby GOODWORKSTE » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:57 pm

alembicox1188 wrote:I was accepted ED on 11/2 via phone call. I received the acceptance email today.

3.79/164 (non-URM)

Here are my dates:

Submitted - 9/13
Received - 9/14
Complete - 9/20ish?
Interview requested - 10/24
Interview completed - 10/30
Accepted via phone call - 11/2
Accepted via email - 11/4 (I think the status checker updated as well on this date)


Congrats fam!!!

User avatar
Why???

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Why??? » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:01 pm

Keilz wrote:
zeglo wrote:
LawSchoolTitan wrote:I applied early in September and didn't get an invite to interview... Is that a bad sign?


I don't think they've done anything yet with non-ED people. So it's fine, assuming you did not apply ED. I didn't get any contact yet and applied Sep. 1.


I'm RD and did my interview. But it definitely seems like they're going in waves and not chronologically. Doesn't seem like that many people have been requested.

+1 rd and interviewed this weekend

zeglo

Silver
Posts: 664
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby zeglo » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:17 pm

.
Last edited by zeglo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests