Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Have you heard back from Cornell?

YES AND I AM GOING
25
26%
Yes, but still deciding
22
23%
Yes, but not going
15
15%
No :(
2
2%
No, but I already committed to somewhere else
0
No votes
Waitlisted
22
23%
I don't know why I'm here
11
11%
 
Total votes: 97

User avatar
dp3
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:36 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dp3 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:12 pm

Nightwing wrote:
dp3 wrote:Got in off the waitlist today! That was really quick


Hm? How long were you on it, if you don't mind me asking? And congratulations!

Thank you! I was initially offered a position on the waitlist on March 20th, but didn't express my desire to be put on it til almost 2 weeks later. They acknowledged my desire to be on the waitlist on April 3rd

User avatar
melmelcoolj
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby melmelcoolj » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:41 pm

dp3 wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
dp3 wrote:Got in off the waitlist today! That was really quick


Hm? How long were you on it, if you don't mind me asking? And congratulations!

Thank you! I was initially offered a position on the waitlist on March 20th, but didn't express my desire to be put on it til almost 2 weeks later. They acknowledged my desire to be on the waitlist on April 3rd


If you don't mind me asking, what are your numbers?

User avatar
dp3
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:36 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dp3 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:47 am

melmelcoolj wrote:
dp3 wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
dp3 wrote:Got in off the waitlist today! That was really quick


Hm? How long were you on it, if you don't mind me asking? And congratulations!

Thank you! I was initially offered a position on the waitlist on March 20th, but didn't express my desire to be put on it til almost 2 weeks later. They acknowledged my desire to be on the waitlist on April 3rd


If you don't mind me asking, what are your numbers?

160 with a 3.65

symphonyy
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:04 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby symphonyy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:42 am

Why is Cornell's health insurance fee so small compared to other schools? it is only $350. Anyone know the actual amount students pay for health insurance?

** im an international student

Keilz
Posts: 2305
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:34 am

symphonyy wrote:Why is Cornell's health insurance fee so small compared to other schools? it is only $350. Anyone know the actual amount students pay for health insurance?

** im an international student


That's just a medical fee that most schools have, health insurance is not included in their cost estimates.

User avatar
cantexplaingottago
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:14 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cantexplaingottago » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:08 am

symphonyy wrote:Why is Cornell's health insurance fee so small compared to other schools? it is only $350. Anyone know the actual amount students pay for health insurance?

** im an international student


Definitely not only $350. :arrow: http://studenthealthbenefits.cornell.ed ... /rates.cfm

symphonyy
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:04 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby symphonyy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:42 am

Thank you!
one more stupid question. Why are loan fees included? I thought law students dont pay interest rate during their 3 years of legal education

User avatar
cantexplaingottago
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:14 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cantexplaingottago » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:46 am

symphonyy wrote:Thank you!
one more stupid question. Why are loan fees included? I thought law students dont pay interest rate during their 3 years of legal education


It's my understanding that those are administrative fees that you pay just to get the loans, like "handling" is included in shipping. The amount of the fees is included in your loan disbursement--you never receive that money (it's paid immediately), but you owe that amount as part of your loan.

symphonyy
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:04 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby symphonyy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:55 am

cantexplaingottago wrote:
symphonyy wrote:Why is Cornell's health insurance fee so small compared to other schools? it is only $350. Anyone know the actual amount students pay for health insurance?

** im an international student


Definitely not only $350. :arrow: http://studenthealthbenefits.cornell.ed ... /rates.cfm


Do students generally sign up for this SHP thing?

goldenbear2020
Posts: 598
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby goldenbear2020 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:20 pm

symphonyy wrote:
cantexplaingottago wrote:
symphonyy wrote:Why is Cornell's health insurance fee so small compared to other schools? it is only $350. Anyone know the actual amount students pay for health insurance?

** im an international student


Definitely not only $350. :arrow: http://studenthealthbenefits.cornell.ed ... /rates.cfm


Do students generally sign up for this SHP thing?

AFAIK, because of the ObamaCare mandate, every student must sign up for their school's health insurance plan, unless they have equivalent coverage (under their parents' or spouse's plan). International students usually don't satisfy the equivalent coverage rule.

User avatar
chasima
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chasima » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:49 am

heads up: i was one of the first put on reserve, got invited to interview in person, did that as well, and just got an invite for the online interview. so that's 2 interviews total (no decision yet) and it seems like they're still reviewing the entirety of the reserve list.

Update: accepted today!

theoptimist17
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:46 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby theoptimist17 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Got placed on Reserve in February, sent in my first LOCI/Why Cornell on Monday, got the acceptance phone call today!

baseballfan660
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:46 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby baseballfan660 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:38 pm

theoptimist17 wrote:Got placed on Reserve in February, sent in my first LOCI/Why Cornell on Monday, got the acceptance phone call today!

Congratulations, mind sharing your stats?

User avatar
melmelcoolj
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby melmelcoolj » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:38 am

chasima wrote:heads up: i was one of the first put on reserve, got invited to interview in person, did that as well, and just got an invite for the online interview. so that's 2 interviews total (no decision yet) and it seems like they're still reviewing the entirety of the reserve list.

Update: accepted today!


I was placed on reserve rather late, like in late late March. I am assuming they would eventually get to me - or I hope.

User avatar
melmelcoolj
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby melmelcoolj » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:39 am

dp3 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
dp3 wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
dp3 wrote:Got in off the waitlist today! That was really quick


Hm? How long were you on it, if you don't mind me asking? And congratulations!

Thank you! I was initially offered a position on the waitlist on March 20th, but didn't express my desire to be put on it til almost 2 weeks later. They acknowledged my desire to be on the waitlist on April 3rd


If you don't mind me asking, what are your numbers?

160 with a 3.65


Thanks! Are you URM? I am just trying to figure out what kind of students they are pulling off the waitlist.

User avatar
chasima
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chasima » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:12 am

melmelcoolj wrote:
chasima wrote:heads up: i was one of the first put on reserve, got invited to interview in person, did that as well, and just got an invite for the online interview. so that's 2 interviews total (no decision yet) and it seems like they're still reviewing the entirety of the reserve list.

Update: accepted today!


I was placed on reserve rather late, like in late late March. I am assuming they would eventually get to me - or I hope.


definitely--don't give up hope!!! good luck :)

User avatar
dp3
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:36 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dp3 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:52 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
dp3 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
dp3 wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
dp3 wrote:Got in off the waitlist today! That was really quick


Hm? How long were you on it, if you don't mind me asking? And congratulations!

Thank you! I was initially offered a position on the waitlist on March 20th, but didn't express my desire to be put on it til almost 2 weeks later. They acknowledged my desire to be on the waitlist on April 3rd


If you don't mind me asking, what are your numbers?

160 with a 3.65


Thanks! Are you URM? I am just trying to figure out what kind of students they are pulling off the waitlist.

Yup I am URM

janereacher
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:12 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby janereacher » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:19 pm

Also just got accepted of the waitlist. URM with similar stats to those previously posted.

snarfing
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:47 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby snarfing » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:55 am

If you get off the waitlist is it an email or a call?

User avatar
lula43
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:33 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lula43 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:40 am

snarfing wrote:If you get off the waitlist is it an email or a call?


I just got a call --> voicemail

janereacher
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:12 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby janereacher » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:30 pm

Same here - a call that went to voicemail.

ReadyToStart
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ReadyToStart » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:29 pm

When can I followup regarding a scholarship increase? I sent them my competing offers about two weeks ago at this point.

User avatar
Leliana
Posts: 464
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Leliana » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:48 pm

ReadyToStart wrote:When can I followup regarding a scholarship increase? I sent them my competing offers about two weeks ago at this point.


I would do it now. That's plenty of time, and with the first deposit deadline passed they may have more funds to allocate. Maybe call.

Jclubb
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:31 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Jclubb » Mon May 01, 2017 6:02 pm

I withdrew today with $$ so if anyone is still hoping for Cornell or trying to get more $ I wish you the best of luck.

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:17 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Tue May 02, 2017 11:19 pm

Any more acceptances from the waitlist?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aim0214, br1112, doji33, Google Adsense [Bot], hayryem, Jack_Kelly, MonicaYoung_LOL, ribbon, theharleyquinn, thepsychedelic, Zoobanks and 19 guests