Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Have you heard back from Cornell?

YES AND I AM GOING
25
24%
Yes, but still deciding
22
21%
Yes, but not going
15
15%
No :(
6
6%
No, but I already committed to somewhere else
0
No votes
Waitlisted
22
21%
I don't know why I'm here
13
13%
 
Total votes: 103

User avatar
sfn91

Bronze
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sfn91 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:42 pm

Nightwing wrote:
sfn91 wrote:
Nightwing wrote:Any idea if Cornell will be having more reserve interviews soon? May-June seems so far away.


The reserve interviews scheduled for CA were canceled and they said in their e-mail there was no intention of rescheduling them at this time, nor were Skype interviews available.


Cancelled? That doesn't sound good.


Someone earlier in the thread said the interview cancellations were due to low interest in ASW events in CA.

nike12345

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby nike12345 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:29 pm

Has anyone had trouble accessing the admitted students portal?

I tried to login to see if there was any information posted in the portal about admitted students day, but received an error message. I can email admissions if not.

brennakate

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brennakate » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:53 pm

I submitted my scholarship form over two weeks ago and haven't heard anything -- should I be concerned/follow up?

myrik

New
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:29 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby myrik » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:04 pm

.
Last edited by myrik on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lavitz

Gold
Posts: 3402
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Lavitz » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:13 pm

^ yes.

dan9257

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:28 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dan9257 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:41 pm

Did anyone get accepted to Cornell but waitlisted at Georgetown?

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:59 pm

dan9257 wrote:Did anyone get accepted to Cornell but waitlisted at Georgetown?


Me!

User avatar
call-me-bubbles

Bronze
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby call-me-bubbles » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:34 am

.
Last edited by call-me-bubbles on Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

dan9257

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:28 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dan9257 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:07 pm

I just completed the online interview...
Is being requested for an interview a good sign or just standard?
I was surprised because I am a reverse-splitter with LSAT@25, GPA@75.

User avatar
AtSomePointItMatters

New
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:02 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby AtSomePointItMatters » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:00 pm

I am currently on the reserve list and went to NYC for an optional/invited interview with the Director of Admissions, which went well. Will there be some tangible benefit for me to head up to Ithaca for a quick sign-in and visit before they issue my decision? Pure waste of time? I'm just curious for some opinions out there.

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby goldenbear2020 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:01 pm

dan9257 wrote:I just completed the online interview...
Is being requested for an interview a good sign or just standard?
I was surprised because I am a reverse-splitter with LSAT@25, GPA@75.

Necessary but not sufficient, so good news. Every admit has to be interviewed, but some applicants do get rejected/WLed after the interview.

crimsonknight

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:50 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby crimsonknight » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:31 pm

AtSomePointItMatters wrote:I am currently on the reserve list and went to NYC for an optional/invited interview with the Director of Admissions, which went well. Will there be some tangible benefit for me to head up to Ithaca for a quick sign-in and visit before they issue my decision? Pure waste of time? I'm just curious for some opinions out there.



Same question here :P

User avatar
Nightwing

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Nightwing » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:42 am

dan9257 wrote:Did anyone get accepted to Cornell but waitlisted at Georgetown?


I wish. I got waitlisted at both.

dan9257

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:28 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dan9257 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:42 am

Nightwing wrote:
dan9257 wrote:Did anyone get accepted to Cornell but waitlisted at Georgetown?


I wish. I got waitlisted at both.


Did you have an interview with Cornell yet?

User avatar
Nightwing

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Nightwing » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:06 am

dan9257 wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
dan9257 wrote:Did anyone get accepted to Cornell but waitlisted at Georgetown?


I wish. I got waitlisted at both.


Did you have an interview with Cornell yet?


The online one, yes. But I haven't heard anything about an in-person interview.

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 34iplaw » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:17 am

Does the Kira Talent practice questions give you any chance to practice with the typed responses?

I just ran the practice questions, and all I received were three video questions with various prep and response times. I'd like to try a typed response in the platform prior to the actual interview - i.e. to make sure there are no bugs or glitches with my browser. Granted, I can't imagine why it wouldn't work with Chrome but paranoia and all.

User avatar
freekick

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:11 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby freekick » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:43 am

34iplaw wrote:Does the Kira Talent practice questions give you any chance to practice with the typed responses?

I just ran the practice questions, and all I received were three video questions with various prep and response times. I'd like to try a typed response in the platform prior to the actual interview - i.e. to make sure there are no bugs or glitches with my browser. Granted, I can't imagine why it wouldn't work with Chrome but paranoia and all.


No, there is no practice for typed responses. And the platform is pretty smooth and problem free. Haven't seen anyone on here report trouble. Go for it.

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 34iplaw » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:45 am

freekick wrote:
34iplaw wrote:Does the Kira Talent practice questions give you any chance to practice with the typed responses?

I just ran the practice questions, and all I received were three video questions with various prep and response times. I'd like to try a typed response in the platform prior to the actual interview - i.e. to make sure there are no bugs or glitches with my browser. Granted, I can't imagine why it wouldn't work with Chrome but paranoia and all.


No, there is no practice for typed responses. And the platform is pretty smooth and problem free. Haven't seen anyone on here report trouble. Go for it.


Awesome - thanks. Will do it tomorrow. I suppose my main concern was whether my Grammarly web plugin would fudge it up, but I can disable it for the purpose of the interview. The markings it used showed up on .pdfs if enabled while exporting, but, again, I just tend to overthink things.

User avatar
bearedman8

Bronze
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:43 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bearedman8 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:59 am

34iplaw wrote:
freekick wrote:
34iplaw wrote:Does the Kira Talent practice questions give you any chance to practice with the typed responses?

I just ran the practice questions, and all I received were three video questions with various prep and response times. I'd like to try a typed response in the platform prior to the actual interview - i.e. to make sure there are no bugs or glitches with my browser. Granted, I can't imagine why it wouldn't work with Chrome but paranoia and all.


No, there is no practice for typed responses. And the platform is pretty smooth and problem free. Haven't seen anyone on here report trouble. Go for it.


Awesome - thanks. Will do it tomorrow. I suppose my main concern was whether my Grammarly web plugin would fudge it up, but I can disable it for the purpose of the interview. The markings it used showed up on .pdfs if enabled while exporting, but, again, I just tend to overthink things.


You'll be fine. Try not to worry about it too much, and good luck! :)

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 34iplaw » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:02 am

bearedman8 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
freekick wrote:
34iplaw wrote:Does the Kira Talent practice questions give you any chance to practice with the typed responses?

I just ran the practice questions, and all I received were three video questions with various prep and response times. I'd like to try a typed response in the platform prior to the actual interview - i.e. to make sure there are no bugs or glitches with my browser. Granted, I can't imagine why it wouldn't work with Chrome but paranoia and all.


No, there is no practice for typed responses. And the platform is pretty smooth and problem free. Haven't seen anyone on here report trouble. Go for it.


Awesome - thanks. Will do it tomorrow. I suppose my main concern was whether my Grammarly web plugin would fudge it up, but I can disable it for the purpose of the interview. The markings it used showed up on .pdfs if enabled while exporting, but, again, I just tend to overthink things.


You'll be fine. Try not to worry about it too much, and good luck! :)


Haha thanks! I did the Northwestern one and actually felt extremely comfortable. The Cornell practice one on London with the two minutes of talking time wasn't as pleasant. Hopefully, they don't record sound during the typing ones, as I was typing on TLS during some of those and it sounded like a woodpecker was assaulting my computer.

Have you sorted out where you'll be?

User avatar
bearedman8

Bronze
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:43 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bearedman8 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:29 am

34iplaw wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
freekick wrote:
34iplaw wrote:Does the Kira Talent practice questions give you any chance to practice with the typed responses?

I just ran the practice questions, and all I received were three video questions with various prep and response times. I'd like to try a typed response in the platform prior to the actual interview - i.e. to make sure there are no bugs or glitches with my browser. Granted, I can't imagine why it wouldn't work with Chrome but paranoia and all.


No, there is no practice for typed responses. And the platform is pretty smooth and problem free. Haven't seen anyone on here report trouble. Go for it.


Awesome - thanks. Will do it tomorrow. I suppose my main concern was whether my Grammarly web plugin would fudge it up, but I can disable it for the purpose of the interview. The markings it used showed up on .pdfs if enabled while exporting, but, again, I just tend to overthink things.


You'll be fine. Try not to worry about it too much, and good luck! :)


Haha thanks! I did the Northwestern one and actually felt extremely comfortable. The Cornell practice one on London with the two minutes of talking time wasn't as pleasant. Hopefully, they don't record sound during the typing ones, as I was typing on TLS during some of those and it sounded like a woodpecker was assaulting my computer.

Have you sorted out where you'll be?


Haha I was the opposite. I bombed the Northwestern one, but it gave me enough experience to be prepared and feel like I did well on the Cornell one.

I'm in at NYU, Penn, Duke, and NU, but I haven't heard any scholarship offers yet. Still waiting on everywhere else, but I'd imagine that I could be compelled to attend any of the schools that I applied to if the finances are right.

How about you? I know that Cornell is one of your top choices. I'm rooting for you!! :)

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 34iplaw » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:43 am

bearedman8 wrote:
Haha I was the opposite. I bombed the Northwestern one, but it gave me enough experience to be prepared and feel like I did well on the Cornell one.

I'm in at NYU, Penn, Duke, and NU, but I haven't heard any scholarship offers yet. Still waiting on everywhere else, but I'd imagine that I could be compelled to attend any of the schools that I applied to if the finances are right.

How about you? I know that Cornell is one of your top choices. I'm rooting for you!! :)


Ah - understood haha. I have yet to hear back, as I was an extremely late applicant. First (and only) to hear back from thus far was UCLA, and I received a decent amount of money from them.

User avatar
call-me-bubbles

Bronze
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby call-me-bubbles » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:13 am

.
Last edited by call-me-bubbles on Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
freekick

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:11 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby freekick » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:27 am

call-me-bubbles wrote:Anyone tried negotiating scholarship money with Cornell yet?


Someone with the username addie did using a Darrow but to no avail. Check the previous page itt for the post.

User avatar
call-me-bubbles

Bronze
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby call-me-bubbles » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:46 am

.
Last edited by call-me-bubbles on Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests